HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 4-2 to Florida

Old
02-26-2012, 07:15 PM
jphabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Plekanec voulait jouer avec Darche- R.Lavoie
What's that?

jphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
What's up with veteran player Stephen Wiese running his mouth in Budajs face after he scored.
A good ol' Plymouth Whaler.

Em Ancien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:16 PM
habscup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I said it earlier in the GDT, I believe he kept yapping off because when Budaj made a glove save on Weiss in the first period, Budaj gave Weiss a look and mouthed a few words at him. Obviously Weiss didn't like it and took exception to it.
Weiss was very lucky the two goals he got were gimme goals, even my grandmother could've scored them. I wouldn't be so cocky if i was him, he sucks donkey.

habscup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:19 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

At least we have tomorrow to look forward to...

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:20 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaIsHockey View Post
Ok Pierre, now listen to me, here is the deal I'm putting on the table.
(Already have Park Place) You give me Boardwalk and I will give you Mideterranean Avenue + a Free landing, so if you land on my territory once, you have a free pass.
Baltic is still free no one owns it, you may be able to land on it and get it.
My Dad would always get the railroads. Always and then win.

Rutherford is probably anxious to deal with Gauthier again and can't wait until tomorrow.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I said it earlier in the GDT, I believe he kept yapping off because when Budaj made a glove save on Weiss in the first period, Budaj gave Weiss a look and mouthed a few words at him. Obviously Weiss didn't like it and took exception to it.
He said something to the bench after his first goal too.

What happened to all that intensity they had early in the game. Just died after they went up 2-0.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Maliki2

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
At least we have tomorrow to look forward to...
Hopefully Gauthier shows up on TSN more than his players did after the first period tonight.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:24 PM
kassian

Quote:
What's up with veteran player Stephen Wiese running his mouth in Budajs face after he scored.
Why not? This guy knows no one will step up to him anyway.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:25 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
This was the second consecutive game I've missed, for exactly the reason you said. No guilt or anger, just a diminishing interest. The entertainment and drama aren't there, so what is the point? Doesn't make me less of fan - I'll still be there here and there and will be primed for next year.
My disinterest started much sooner. Around the New Year I started to lose interest and three weeks back I decided to pack it in, which the team has done from game 1. I have a feeling it is going to be a painful few years of being a bottom feeder before things turn around; that is, if we can find the managment team to do so.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:26 PM
MathMan

Quote:
What happened to all that intensity they had early in the game. Just died after they went up 2-0.
It's got nothing with intensity or with anything the Habs did. The Panthers just adjusted to the Habs' gameplan and the Habs just kept trying the plays that weren't there anymore almost as if they had no alternatives.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Next year? More like years. This ship isn't being fixed anytime soon!
The rebuild that some want to avoid will be unavoidable at some point. And i believe we have reached that point. The patchwork cant work for so many years...

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:32 PM
jphabs

Did anyone see the shot of PG standing up with Gainey sitting at his side in the 3rd period? What do you guys make of that? Supposedly "Real boss" Molson was at the game too.

Last edited by jphabs: 02-26-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old
02-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Problem is that they won't do anything with that D. Subban, Gorges and Emelin are keepers. Markov comes back. Who wants Kaberle? Will they trade Diaz? Weber might go in a D'Agostini for Palushaj trade to accomodate him. But chances are you have room for 1 change. But maybe not even 1 change.

Up front....what change do you see? DD-Pac-Cole. Pleks-Bourque-Gionta. Will they move Gionta or Bourque? Obviously not. Then you have Eller, Blunden, Darche, Gomez, Leblanc, Moen, Nokelainen, Palushaj and White for the reamaining 6 spots. Who wants Gomez? If not, will they really ship him in Hamilton? I don't see this. Eller, Leblanc, Moen and White aren't going anywhere. Unless they are stupid enough to abandon already with Lars. So there are 2 spots for the rest....We all think Darche will be back. Why wouldn't they give another shot to Blunden? So at one point, this squad would remain intact minus, 1, 2 or 3 guys I wouldn't be suprised. Scary isn't it?
Building with PK, Gorges and Emelin is a strong start. Nothing wrong with that.
If Markov does indeed come back and is fine, then he makes it even more better.
You have to move one of Diaz or Weber, and if possible, Kaberle. If you can't move him, then he can be sent down, bought out or waived. At the worst, you have him as a 7th D.
But that doesn't really matter all that much. We need to rebuild the D, so we do it and then act accordingly to make the room.

Up front, it's pretty simple. Gomez you buy out or send down, Blunden, Palushaj and Leblanc are also sent down. Nokelainen and Darche are let go. White is good. If Moen is re-signed, he's also good. Add a tough center, if we can get our hands on Gaustad then that's great. Bring in a tough and rugged winger as well.

It really isn't all that complicated, but you just have to take those decisions.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:33 PM
MathMan

Rebuilds are a good way to suck for 5 years before ending up right where you started.

The team is in a fantastic position to pull a one-year retool, although the dearth of suitable coaching candidates will make fixing the club's foremost problem tricky.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:35 PM
jphabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Rebuilds are a good way to suck for 5 years before ending up right where you started.

The team is in a fantastic position to pull a one-year retool, although the dearth of suitable coaching candidates will make fixing the club's foremost problem tricky.
Exactly. Rebuilding is a myth.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:36 PM
poetryinmotion

Did Therrien just say "Carbo tu sacres ben contre moi" just as l'antichambre cut out to commercials?

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:

And what assets are we giving away in trade? Which FAs are we signing? (which ones will want to sign here amongst the good ones is a better question)

A one-year re-tool works great when you have a lot to work with. We don't have that luxury.

Em Ancien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:37 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:

Who do you think would be ideal?

I'm not familiar with Carlyle but he seems like the best candidate available, french-clause non-withstanding. If Vingeault or Julien get fired I wouldn't want either, Julien depends on his Goalie and Vingeault's team's are yellow-to-the-core (and I'm not too much of a fan of his ultra-short-shifts). Maybe Boucher gets fired?

Carlyle, Carbonneau or someone way off the board?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:37 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphabs View Post
Did anyone see the shot of PG standing up with Gainey sitting at his side in the 3rd period? What do you guys make of that? Supposedly "Real boss" Molson was at the game too.
All of the hockey operations guys are in FLA.......something brewing, or just a vacation?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:

A one year rebuild with the team we have now is a fantasy, same as thinking we can patchwork and build a cup winner

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

player know that Cunneyworth is not coming back so why try?

I think most of them wouldn't mind being benched and just cashing their paychecks.

PATHETIC!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Did Therrien just say "Carbo tu sacres ben contre moi" just as l'antichambre cut out to commercials?
Which translates to "You sucked a lot against me" or "You cursed a lot toward me"? My Quebecois is rusty

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:40 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
A one-year re-tool works great when you have a lot to work with. We don't have that luxury.
The Habs do have a lot to work with even without factoring in a really high draft pick and unlimited budget. It's important to remember that the Red Wings would look awful trying to play like the Habs do. You have to think more on the Habs of earlier in the season, who at least would force opposing goalies to steal games from them.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:40 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
All of the hockey operations guys are in FLA.......something brewing, or just a vacation?
Their collective minds is equivalent to farting in a hurricane.

it smells but who cares with the castrophe all around you.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote