HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tony Marinaro: Molson calling the shots, Gauthier just a figurehead (Molson Denies)

Old
02-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Habs13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Everyone is there.

LucGelinas:
Tout l'état-major du #CH assiste au match en Floride, Pierre Gauthier, Bob Gainey, Patrick Boivin et même @GMolsonCHC.

https://twitter.com/lucgelinas/statu...89513045753858
Thanks! Wasn't aware but it makes a lot of sense with the trade deadline in just a few hours.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 2615
why wouldn't they go to down to Miami in February???

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:17 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Thanks! Wasn't aware but it makes a lot of sense with the trade deadline in just a few hours.
Gauthier was there last year too. I was standing in line behind him at a hotel. Had I known he was going to ill prepare the D for this year I would have offered some advice. Too late - the season's my fault.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
It makes more sense because PG and BG should both be retiring down there.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:27 PM
BLONG7

Are you guys surprised that Molson has joined them in FLA?

Signals more than just Campoli and Akost going out the door???

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:33 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post

I was definitely surprised when I read the news. There's obviously something fairly big brewing...

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:35 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I was definitely surprised when I read the news. There's obviously something fairly big brewing...
I really, really don't think so. Molson is obviously more of a hands-on owner than Uncle George, he's probably into the whole TDD thing especially considering we ****ING SUCK THIS SEASON.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Habs13

Quote:

Yeah! For sure I was suprised by Molson's apperance. Like PyrettaBlaze, I think it signals something more than shuffling UFA's for picks.

Maybe Fat Tony wasn't completly wrong and Molson really is keeping a close eye on the Gauthier / Gainey tandem. Who knows for sure?

Old
02-26-2012, 07:39 PM
shutehinside

If Molson is with the entire management team then it's definately because the Habs may do something drastic. Agreed with Blong67 that it's more than just AK and Campoli that they're considering doing. No reason for him to be there to to okay a larger deal if necessary. Not to say it will absolutely happen but it seems much more plausible now. Doesn't it?

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:41 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Yeah! For sure I was suprised by Molson's apperance. Like PyrettaBlaze, I think it signals something more than shuffling UFA's for picks.

Maybe Fat Tony wasn't completly wrong and Molson really is keeping a close eye on the Gauthier / Gainey tandem. Who knows for sure?
Tonight and tomorrow are going to be interesting for the fans and media...They may need Molson's OK to take on Ovechkin's 88M left???

Old
02-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Lions999

Fat Tony knew like the rest of us that there was something going since early december.Started seeing BG and Molson around that time hangin around more often it was obvious to all about PG

Lions999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
jphabs

Don't sweat it, they're just fleeing the late snow storm we got this week end.

jphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

It certainly does make me wonder when I see Molson is down there too...I was listening to the pre-game show on 990 and they were talking about how the organization needs to do something to end this season on a positive note. They specifically mentioned something like acquiring Rick Nash , which I found curious. I haven't seen Nash linked to Montreal before, even in speculation.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:44 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
It certainly does make me wonder when I see Molson is down there too...I was listening to the pre-game show on 990 and they were talking about how the organization needs to do something to end this season on a positive note. They specifically mentioned something like acquiring Rick Nash , which I found curious. I haven't seen Nash linked to Montreal before, even in speculation.
Nash gave his teams he would accept a trade to, and the Habs were on his list...

Old
02-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Actually Nash was linked to Montreal very early on when Renaud Lavoie first reported he was available a week and a half ago. Blue Jackets beatwriter reported that the Habs were among the teams interested in Nash.

Also according to an article on nhl.com, Nash has the habs on his list.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:50 PM
BLONG7

There is gonna be a wild amount of rumours in the next16-18 hrs...

Old
02-26-2012, 07:52 PM
baldrick

Quote:
Nash gave his teams he would accept a trade to, and the Habs were on his list...
Wow,the Habs are on SOMEONE's list
I really,really hate being teased!

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Tonight and tomorrow are going to be interesting for the fans and media...They may need Molson's OK to take on Ovechkin's 88M left???
The next 16 - 18 hours are probably going to be the highlight of our whole season! Even if nothing happens, haha! How sad is that??

Old
02-26-2012, 07:57 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
The next 16 - 18 hours are probably going to be the highlight of our whole season! Even if nothing happens, haha! How sad is that??
That's just half of it... heck it might actually not even be half. The draft will be our silver lining.

Bettman: "We have a trade to announce, the Montreal Canadiens deal the 2nd overall pick to..."

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Wow,the Habs are on SOMEONE's list
I really,really hate being teased!
Habs are on everyone's list. Whether it's for UFA to get the price up. Whether it's for trade to get the return up since we most likely look like a desperate team looking to do anything to "improve"....see the Gomez trade.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:01 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
that summer gainey basically threw **** against the wall to see what would stick. what a ****ing joke that summer was- starting with the gomez trade
This post pisses me off. The boards were nearly unanimously stoked on the new flashy roster we had. I would know because I was one of the most active posters during that summer. Yes, a few people questioned the Gomez trade, but you're being one hell of a Captain-Hindsight if you're calling that summer a "expletive-joke". That summer's acquisitions also got us to the Conference finals, and had it not been for a horribly unlucky Bruins team, we probably would have at least played for the cup. Remember that.

EDIT: Rich dudes flying to Florida when it;'s -25 and windy back home, because they fly for free and stay in the best hotels!

THE ROSTER IS GETTING FLIPPED.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:06 PM
larek

LOL-nothing big is going down unless one of the Habs entouragehire a 200 pd hooker !

I guess some have to find something exciting even if it's not real

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
This post pisses me off. The boards were nearly unanimously stoked on the new flashy roster we had. I would know because I was one of the most active posters during that summer. Yes, a few people questioned the Gomez trade, but you're being one hell of a Captain-Hindsight if you're calling that summer a "expletive-joke". That summer's acquisitions also got us to the Conference finals, and had it not been for a horribly unlucky Bruins team, we probably would have at least played for the cup. Remember that.

EDIT: Rich dudes flying to Florida when it;'s -25 and windy back home, because they fly for free and stay in the best hotels!

I don't know about that. I remember a lot of board members were pissed off that Koivu wasn't offered a contract and that Kovalev was let go. And many, many hated the Gomez deal. Gill, too.

Moen, Gionta and Cammalleri, on the other hand, people were happy about.

I remember being happy we signed Samsonov way back when, haha... FAIL!!

Old
02-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post

It also helped that our goalie was saving 45-50 shots a night. No pun intended to Price.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:12 PM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Habs are on everyone's list. Whether it's for UFA to get the price up. Whether it's for trade to get the return up since we most likely look like a desperate team looking to do anything to "improve"....see the Gomez trade.....
Aw,now you've depressed me again!

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote