HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 4-2 to Florida

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2012, 07:41 PM
  #126
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Which translates to "You sucked a lot against me" or "You cursed a lot toward me"? My Quebecois is rusty
The second one, lol... wish someone else would confirm cause it was funny

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:41 PM
  #127
jphabs
Registered User
 
jphabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Which translates to "You sucked a lot against me" or "You cursed a lot toward me"? My Quebecois is rusty
It's "you cursed a lot towards me", but I don't get it, depends on the context.

jphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:43 PM
  #128
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,392
vCash: 500
My mother just showed me this picture on facebook a few minutes ago, it tells everything.

Disappointing.


Last edited by Lars Mon Amour: 04-26-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:43 PM
  #129
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,308
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
And what assets are we giving away in trade? Which FAs are we signing? (which ones will want to sign here amongst the good ones is a better question)

A one-year re-tool works great when you have a lot to work with. We don't have that luxury.
The only couple of pieces we have (Pacioretty, Subban, Price) will be older and expensive in 5 years...around the time the draft picks from the previous 5 drafts start making the NHL (assuming that majority pan out for argument's sake). Next thing you know we might to go a few years trying to replace what we have now. Then by the time we do, we might need to replace what we had then. This has happened to teams before, Islanders being most recent example.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:44 PM
  #130
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Who do you think would be ideal?
That's the problem, I'm not seeing anyone. If I did it wouldn't be tricky. Every suitable francophone candidate with experience is either employed or was just fired by the Habs. Carlyle is credible but the media would never let that go. Carbonneau is essentially Cunneyworth. I suspect Therrien is not unlike him either.

They basically have to graduate someone from junior and hope to land the next Blysma.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:45 PM
  #131
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The Habs do have a lot to work with even without factoring in a really high draft pick and unlimited budget. It's important to remember that the Red Wings would look awful trying to play like the Habs do. You have to think more on the Habs of earlier in the season, who at least would force opposing goalies to steal games from them.
The Red Wings would be fine because they have talent dripping from everywhere.

When the Habs have bona fide star players, we'll start talking about coach and systems. Our team is talent deprived and led by a guy who can't find the North on a compass. So yeah, we're 15th.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:46 PM
  #132
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 50
This team better be selling the likes of

Moen
AK

Or they will lose them for nothing !

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:48 PM
  #133
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The only couple of pieces we have (Pacioretty, Subban, Price) will be older and expensive in 5 years...around the time the draft picks from the previous 5 drafts start making the NHL (assuming that majority pan out for argument's sake). Next thing you know we might to go a few years trying to replace what we have now. Then by the time we do, we might need to replace what we had then. This has happened to teams before, Islanders being most recent example.
Who's talking about 5 years?

Get a supporting cast of veterans, dump the veterans we have, let the kids mature with the reins. If we do great, fantastic. If we're struggling, by the time the guys we have on the team because seasoned vets and are ready to be important players on a good team, our elite talent will have found it's way on the roster.

Why the Sens turned it around in such a short time is that Karlsson developed well, but more importantly, Spezza took over. He got to that point. He's at the age you're saying our current 'core' would be. That's prime time.

The Islanders are a poor example due to them having poor scouting, a GM that sold the farm (Millbury) and a goalie made of glass. Their current group of young players is making strides and when Tavares hits his prime, their team will likely have turned the corner.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:49 PM
  #134
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The only couple of pieces we have (Pacioretty, Subban, Price) will be older and expensive in 5 years...around the time the draft picks from the previous 5 drafts start making the NHL (assuming that majority pan out for argument's sake). Next thing you know we might to go a few years trying to replace what we have now. Then by the time we do, we might need to replace what we had then. This has happened to teams before, Islanders being most recent example.
We're going to rebound next year with a good coach. Heck, we probably could have made the playoffs this season if he had kept Martin, the playoff picture is a lot different now than when he got fired anyway. Imo, his firing was a clear tanking move because Cunneyworth is a rook and an interim coach only meaning it's a wait and see situation. Well now we saw what we all had in the back of our minds, and then some.

Let's get our first superstar center, be it Grigorenko or Galchenyuk, thanks to this anomaly of a season (our goal differential was even until not so long ago while everoyne around us was minus double digits) and we only move up from here but with a possible superstar center in the fold.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:52 PM
  #135
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Who's talking about 5 years?

Get a supporting cast of veterans, dump the veterans we have, let the kids mature with the reins. If we do great, fantastic. If we're struggling, by the time the guys we have on the team because seasoned vets and are ready to be important players on a good team, our elite talent will have found it's way on the roster.

Why the Sens turned it around in such a short time is that Karlsson developed well, but more importantly, Spezza took over. He got to that point. He's at the age you're saying our current 'core' would be. That's prime time.

The Islanders are a poor example due to them having poor scouting, a GM that sold the farm (Millbury) and a goalie made of glass. Their current group of young players is making strides and when Tavares hits his prime, their team will likely have turned the corner.
The Senators havent turned it around fully just yet. They have a surprise year this year, but i would not be surprise they remain a playoff bubble team for the next 10 years.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:54 PM
  #136
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 50
IF Montreal picks Third, do you take Galchenyuk or Forsberg?

Alex Galchenyuk
Center
Born Feb 12 1994 -- Milwaukee, WI
Height 6.01 -- Weight 185 -- Shoots L


Filip Forsberg
Right Wing
Born Aug 13 1994
Height 6.00 -- Weight 176 -- Shoots R

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:55 PM
  #137
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
IF Montreal picks Third, do you take Galchenyuk or Forsberg?

Alex Galchenyuk
Center
Born Feb 12 1994 -- Milwaukee, WI
Height 6.01 -- Weight 185 -- Shoots L


Filip Forsberg
Right Wing
Born Aug 13 1994
Height 6.00 -- Weight 176 -- Shoots R
Galchenyuk and you run with it.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:58 PM
  #138
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
IF Montreal picks Third, do you take Galchenyuk or Forsberg?

Alex Galchenyuk
Center
Born Feb 12 1994 -- Milwaukee, WI
Height 6.01 -- Weight 185 -- Shoots L


Filip Forsberg
Right Wing
Born Aug 13 1994
Height 6.00 -- Weight 176 -- Shoots R
Galchenyuk....we need a good centerman...we have cole, Gionta, Gallagher, Leblanc on RW

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:58 PM
  #139
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
That's the problem, I'm not seeing anyone. If I did it wouldn't be tricky. Every suitable francophone candidate with experience is either employed or was just fired by the Habs. Carlyle is credible but the media would never let that go. Carbonneau is essentially Cunneyworth. I suspect Therrien is not unlike him either.

They basically have to graduate someone from junior and hope to land the next Blysma.
In Carbonneau's defense, the team he rode to the unlikely 1st place/2nd most goals for was way less talented than the team today. And he's not a rookie coach like Cunneyworth, and he's probably learned a thing or two since his first stint - which wasn't so bad in my opinion because his 3rd D-pairing was friggin Bouillion-Dandenault.

I doubt he comes back though.

An AHL call-up would be fine if it weren't for the fact that Cunneyworth was one of the top coaching prospects in the league and he's shown to be inept in almost every way.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:59 PM
  #140
Gustave
Registered User
 
Gustave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Here
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
IF Montreal picks Third, do you take Galchenyuk or Forsberg?

Alex Galchenyuk
Center
Born Feb 12 1994 -- Milwaukee, WI
Height 6.01 -- Weight 185 -- Shoots L


Filip Forsberg
Right Wing
Born Aug 13 1994
Height 6.00 -- Weight 176 -- Shoots R
The Oilers might take a D with their pick. I mean, how many times can they finish last without realizing that they don't have anyone on that blue line?

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:01 PM
  #141
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
The Oilers might take a D with their pick. I mean, how many times can they finish last without realizing that they don't have anyone on that blue line?
no way they take a pass on grigorenko! take the best player available

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:02 PM
  #142
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
We're going to rebound next year with a good coach. Heck, we probably could have made the playoffs this season if he had kept Martin, the playoff picture is a lot different now than when he got fired anyway. Imo, his firing was a clear tanking move because Cunneyworth is a rook and an interim coach only meaning it's a wait and see situation. Well now we saw what we all had in the back of our minds, and then some.

Let's get our first superstar center, be it Grigorenko or Galchenyuk, thanks to this anomaly of a season (our goal differential was even until not so long ago while everoyne around us was minus double digits) and we only move up from here but with a possible superstar center in the fold.
Your stoned if you think we had a chance with Martin.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:03 PM
  #143
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
I pick 6'3' center Radek Faksa, Bob Mckenzie he could be this years version of Huberdeau, fast rising draft pick. Of course Grigorenko is number one if EDM takes a defenceman

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:04 PM
  #144
Gustave
Registered User
 
Gustave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Here
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
no way they take a pass on grigorenko! take the best player available
So you're saying it's out of the realm of possibility that the Oil take a D?

Throw me a bone here...

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:04 PM
  #145
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,308
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Who's talking about 5 years?

Get a supporting cast of veterans, dump the veterans we have, let the kids mature with the reins. If we do great, fantastic. If we're struggling, by the time the guys we have on the team because seasoned vets and are ready to be important players on a good team, our elite talent will have found it's way on the roster.

Why the Sens turned it around in such a short time is that Karlsson developed well, but more importantly, Spezza took over. He got to that point. He's at the age you're saying our current 'core' would be. That's prime time.
I actually prefer the Sens way. They didn't trade Spezza for prospects and picks when he put up back to back 57 point seasons. They didn't trade Alfredsson because he's old. Their way wasn't perfect but it wasn't a full fledged long term tank some people are proposing. Spezza is back to producing like an elite player, Alfredsson still putting up points.

Before we do anything, we need to rebuild upper management. Having everyone on the same page too.


Last edited by Watsatheo: 02-26-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:06 PM
  #146
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,234
vCash: 500
And with the #2 overall pick...the Canadiens pick...Goalie Andy Iles

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:07 PM
  #147
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,569
vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I actually prefer the Sens way. They didn't trade Spezza for prospects and picks when he put up back to back 57 point seasons. They didn't trade Alfredsson because he's old. Their way wasn't perfect but it wasn't a full fledged long term tank some people are proposing.
Who is the Spezza or Alfredsson in Montreal?

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:08 PM
  #148
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I actually prefer the Sens way. They didn't trade Spezza for prospects and picks when he put up back to back 57 point seasons. They didn't trade Alfredsson because he's old. Their way wasn't perfect but it wasn't a full fledged long term tank some people are proposing.
But once again, they had elite talent. Spezza is carrying their offense while playing all 3 zones. We don't have a player like that in his prime.

It's going to take some time to get to the top, even if we keep our current veterans. Our most talented players are still too young. Subban can't play the minutes he is while handling the transition game and the PP. Pacioretty probably isn't skilled enough to carry a line the way Spezza is.

Like I've said, we're lacking the great talent in the bank to keep pat and just keep the seat warm, and we don't have the great talent on the team to buy skill with futures and run with that.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:08 PM
  #149
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
If Markov comes back to play he'll probably look horrible because he's all about the transition game, and RC is going to ask him to just chip it to the line.

Then again, he might just be able to occasionally connect on one of those suicide stretch passes.
If Markov comes back I imagine he'll do the same thing he did when he last played for a team with no transition system. Ignore the stupid system and move the puck up his own way. There were long stretches in the past were Markov essentially was the team's transition game.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:09 PM
  #150
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Tanking the right way.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.