HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#61 Sharks Vs. Wild I love Logan F7u12 Edition 2/26/12 3:00 PM PST

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
You guys are too easy on Griess. If that was Niemi, it would be called soft. Hold him to the same standard if we're going to argue for him getting extra starts. We needed a save there and he let the game winner go right through him. i disagree, and felt it was soft.
Come the hell on. If that was Niemi in net, I wouldn't call it soft on him either. I really get tired of people playing some persecuted role with Niemi.

Old
Inub0i
I will Q

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
First and last goal were soft. The point shot barely changed direction and went right through him. Everyone agrees Clutter's goal was soft.
Clutter's was soft. The other 3 not even Nemo can save those. Hell, not even Nabby. Perhaps Lundqvist, be we don't have him.

Old
irregardless
Registered Dummy

I'm still laughing whenever I think of Bret Hedican's tweet about Demers being soft.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure our points total last season at 61 games was more than we're at this season. Depressing.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol

There's a Sharks fire sale thread on the trades board.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post
I'm still laughing whenever I think of Bret Hedican's tweet about Demers being soft.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure our points total last season at 61 games was more than we're at this season. Depressing.
He did dump the puck right to the defenseman of the Wild to avoid a hit. He sucks.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
He did dump the puck right to the defenseman of the Wild to avoid a hit. He sucks.
Demers was poor in this game but I'm not ready to get rid of him for it. He is still very young and very early in his development.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:11 PM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post

last season Sharks had 78 points by the end of February.

So It's a bit worse but not much.. hopefully they pick it up in march.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:12 PM
param

Quote:
You guys are too easy on Griess. If that was Niemi, it would be called soft. Hold him to the same standard if we're going to argue for him getting extra starts. We needed a save there and he let the game winner go right through him. i disagree, and felt it was soft.
Well, I suppose you're entitled to your opinion. But, really double deflections are not "soft" goals. Especially when one of those deflections was right above the crease.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Clowe Me

None of those that Greiss gave up were soft. They were just unfortunate. Bad team defense and bad bounces/tips against on each.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:14 PM
lsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
Clutter's was soft. The other 3 not even Nemo can save those. Hell, not even Nabby. Perhaps Lundqvist, be we don't have him.
This.

We got two saves that were plain robbery from Greiss tonight, that's as much as you can ask for from a goalie, and something rarely seen from nemo...at least in the last month +

Old
02-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
First and last goal were soft. The point shot barely changed direction and went right through him. Everyone agrees Clutter's goal was soft.
goal may have been soft but the D let Clutterback do his best Malkin impersonation - only difference was Greiss didn't get juked out of the net.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Iron Chef

Hopefully the Sharks wives/girlfriends can energize the boys when they get back to SJ...

Old
02-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Shut Yer Five Hole

Yes because lord knows their husbands/boyfriends have sucked the life out of the fans

Old
02-26-2012, 08:21 PM
dwood16

I don't understand why everyone is up in arms about goaltending. Whether or not it's been bad or horrible is unimportant when the team is playing this disgusting team defense. The Sharks don't clear the front of the net, take their man, backcheck or any of that. Guys are allowed to set up in the crease and slot at will. Not to mention the fact that we have 1 player who finishes his checks with any regularity.

Who cares about goaltending. We gotta move the soft players the **** out of here and get some guys who play with SOME intensity.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
I don't understand why everyone is up in arms about goaltending. Whether or not it's been bad or horrible is unimportant when the team is playing this disgusting team defense. The Sharks don't clear the front of the net, take their man, backcheck or any of that. Guys are allowed to set up in the crease and slot at will. Not to mention the fact that we have 1 player who finishes his checks with any regularity.

Who cares about goaltending. We gotta move the soft players the **** out of here and get some guys who play with SOME intensity.
I remember when Clowe was supposed to be that guy.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:22 PM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Hopefully the Sharks wives/girlfriends can energize the boys when they get back to SJ...
Haven't they tested this theory in the olympics?

Male athletes perform worse immediately after being "energized"

Women perform better

Old
02-26-2012, 08:24 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Demers was poor in this game but I'm not ready to get rid of him for it. He is still very young and very early in his development.
I am.... and I am/was a huge Demers fan. He has been absolutely horrible this season.

Closed Thread