HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

The 2011 Undrafteds Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 11:52 AM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 500
Július Haas? What the heel happened to that guy, cannot find any infos on him.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:26 PM
EagleBelfour

Richard Farda was a pretty decent Czech player back in the 1960's and 1970's. He played three seasons in the WHA.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Rob Scuderi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
Richard Farda was a pretty decent Czech player back in the 1960's and 1970's. He played three seasons in the WHA.
I was looking at him as one of my centers, but I felt like Pasek was a bit better. I'm pretty sure Farda was somewhat relevant a few years during the Golden stick voting too.

Rob Scuderi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:15 PM
EagleBelfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
I was looking at him as one of my centers, but I felt like Pasek was a bit better. I'm pretty sure Farda was somewhat relevant a few years during the Golden stick voting too.
6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 10th. Pretty decent for an undrafted.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Rob Scuderi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 10th. Pretty decent for an undrafted.
I would not have guessed that at all, definitely solid

Rob Scuderi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:18 PM
pappyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Reaume would be a great selection now. Hedberg mentioned him, and I rated him a "B", saying, Marc Reaume: Very successful in the AHL, when there was no room for him in the NHL. Like Kraftcheck, he might be MUCH better than we all think.

There's a good half-dozen guys like him out there too. Guys who got caught in the O6 numbers game but proved in the NHL in multiple seasons that they were among the "next best" players. If you believe that AHL all-stars in the O6 era were approximately 20th-30th-best in the world, even if you triple those numbers to account for talent pool expansion and the european invasion, that's like 60th-90th, which is a good #3 defenseman. (most of these guys, like Kraftcheck and Reaume, also had cups of coffee in the NHL, placing them possibly within the top-20 for a few years too) - it's arguable that their resumes are similar to playing 15 years as a #2-4 defenseman nowadays - which would make them no-brainer picks by now.

Like I said, there were a few guys like this whose AHL all-star teams stand out as exceptional. I chose Kraftcheck as the best of the bunch, but Reaume would have been my #2. I just didn't want my defense corps here to be based on the same resume type.

Not to put down Kraftcheck & Reaume but they sure had lots of chances to make it but seened to be found lacking. They had opportunities with some pretty weak teams. Imlach took a look at Kraftcheck in 58-59 and Imlach was well known for giving minor leaguers a chance (Bower & Ehman for example). Do agree generally that some damn good players got buried in the minors during the original 6.

pappyline is offline   Reply With Quote