HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Leafs just won the Stanley Cup.......

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 06:00 PM
monkey_00*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-TWѤ
Nolan/Sundin/Roberts
Mogilny/Nieu./Antropov
Nash/Konowalchuk/Tucker
Parker/Stajan/Ruutu

Belfour
Tellqvist
You won the Cup with those players?......I had to make many more changes with my Leafs team on my NHL 2004.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Old
11-11-2003, 06:03 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto80
I won the cup but with a different team then the one i have now... my one that i have now is

Roberts-Sundin-Mogilny
Nolan-Nieuwemdyk-Hejduk
Arvedson-Antropov-Mellanby
May-Obsut(draft pick)- Domi

Pronger-Kaberle
McCace-Boumester
Pilar-Klee/coco

When Pronger hits someone he sends them like 6 feet
pinto80......

Would did you trade away in exchange for Pronger?

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Old
11-12-2003, 02:18 AM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
You won the Cup with those players?......I had to make many more changes with my Leafs team on my NHL 2004.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Because I didn't sim through the season!

I played most of the games!

Old
11-12-2003, 08:15 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
I am in a Franchise mode now about 35 games into the season with a record of 34 1 0.

Forwards are:

Wendel Clark , Steve Yzerman, Alex Mogs
Gary Roberts, Joe Newey, Owen Nolan
Matt Stajan, Nik Antropov, Darcy Tucker
Josh Holden , Robert Reichel, Tie Domi

Defence:
Tomas Kaberle - Brian McCabe
Brad Stuard - Carlo Cola
Aki Berg - Marchment

Goalies:
Belfour
Telly

PS does anyone have any cheats for this game yet. for The franchise mode. I have yet to discover any or find any so if anyone else has some cheats woud be nice if you could pass em off my way thanks..

Old
11-12-2003, 09:50 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Here's some, although the first ones are more easter eggs and the second set is exposing a vulnerability in the game.

1. Create a player using one of the following names of members of the band Alien Ant Farm: Terence Corso, Mike Cosgrove, Dryden Mitchell, or Tye Zamora. The game will adjust the players face and statistics automatically to match that band member.

Create a player using one of the following names of members of the band Gob: Theo Gobzinakis, Gabe Metal, Gob Stomper, Tom Whacker, Pat Wolfman, or Craig Would. The game will adjust the players face and statistics automatically to match that band member.

2. Hint: Getting good players:
In dynasty mode, rack up on draft picks by signing unwanted free agents and trading them to random teams for draft picks. Doing this also earns you GM experience points.

Use the following trick to get high draft picks without trading good players. Once a draft is completed, see which teams took the first few picks and remember their names. Go to the "Trade Players" screen in the GM menu. The team that just took their first round pick will usually trade away that player for a third or first round pick. Note: You do not receive your draft picks to trade until the beginning of the next season.

Courtesy of gamewinners.

Old
11-12-2003, 10:19 AM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Here's some, although the first ones are more easter eggs and the second set is exposing a vulnerability in the game.

1. Create a player using one of the following names of members of the band Alien Ant Farm: Terence Corso, Mike Cosgrove, Dryden Mitchell, or Tye Zamora. The game will adjust the players face and statistics automatically to match that band member.

Create a player using one of the following names of members of the band Gob: Theo Gobzinakis, Gabe Metal, Gob Stomper, Tom Whacker, Pat Wolfman, or Craig Would. The game will adjust the players face and statistics automatically to match that band member.

In dynasty mode, rack up on draft picks by signing unwanted free agents and trading them to random teams for draft picks. Doing this also earns you GM experience points.

Use the following trick to get high draft picks without trading good players. Once a draft is completed, see which teams took the first few picks and remember their names. Go to the "Trade Players" screen in the GM menu. The team that just took their first round pick will usually trade away that player for a third or first round pick. Note: You do not receive your draft picks to trade until the beginning of the next season.

Courtesy of gamewinners.
Dar..........

If I create a player by the name of Jim Morrison will the game will adjust the players face and statistics automatically to match that band member from the Doors OR the Jim Morrison that used to play for the Maple Leafs back in the 1950s?

Thanks

monkey_00

Old
11-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 767
Quote:
pinto80......

Would did you trade away in exchange for Pronger?

Cheers!~

monkey_00

ummm........ I know I traded a first rounder, and I think I traded away Tucker and Another good pick, but i stocked up on picks before I went on a shopping spree

Old
11-12-2003, 10:34 AM
monkey_00*

Quote:
ummm........ I know I traded a first rounder, and I think I traded away Tucker and Another good pick, but i stocked up on picks before I went on a shopping spree
pinto80....

Tucker and Antropov plus a "good pick?".......for Pronger?.........and the game accepted the trade?.........Wow!

monkey_00

Old
11-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Joey24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar

Courtesy of gamewinners.
Cool thanks for the update Dar. I never knew about the keeping track of pervious top picks thing thanks for the update.

Old
11-12-2003, 10:51 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

Quote:
pinto80....

Tucker and Antropov plus a "good pick?".......for Pronger?.........and the game accepted the trade?.........Wow!

monkey_00
lol, i think you read that wrong, it said ANOTHER, not antropov

Old
11-12-2003, 11:24 AM
Dar

Quote:
Dar..........

If I create a player by the name of Jim Morrison will the game will adjust the players face and statistics automatically to match that band member from the Doors OR the Jim Morrison that used to play for the Maple Leafs back in the 1950s?

Thanks

monkey_00
Hehe, no, just some of the bands that provide the soundtrack. Although it'd be funny if it did work for the likes of Dee Snider.

Old
11-12-2003, 12:44 PM
Epoch

I traded Tomas Kaberle & a 4th for Derek Morris & a 3rd. Both had an overall of 82. then the next season,it turned out to be a complete steal for me! Morris is a star (93 overall) while Kaberle is still at 82!

I traded Ric Jackman for Garnet Exelby. Which also is looking good!

Old
11-12-2003, 12:48 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
lol, i think you read that wrong, it said ANOTHER, not antropov
pinto80.....

Ooops.....you're right............I think I had too much beverages today...........sorry.

monkey_00

Old
11-12-2003, 12:51 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR-TOWN
I traded Tomas Kaberle & a 4th for Derek Morris & a 3rd. Both had an overall of 82. then the next season,it turned out to be a complete steal for me! Morris is a star (93 overall) while Kaberle is still at 82!

I traded Ric Jackman for Garnet Exelby. Which also is looking good!
TOR-TOWN.............

Sometimes I find that during the season when one of the other teams are in a real Slump you might be able to "steal" one of their better players because when the team slumps generally most players ratings go down too.......that's how I was able to pickup Brian Rafalski from the Devils.....when the Devils were slumping he had a rating of something like 77 or 78......I think I traded Tucker to the Devils for him.

monkey_00

Old
11-12-2003, 01:06 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

Quote:
TOR-TOWN.............

Sometimes I find that during the season when one of the other teams are in a real Slump you might be able to "steal" one of their better players because when the team slumps generally most players ratings go down too.......that's how I was able to pickup Brian Rafalski from the Devils.....when the Devils were slumping he had a rating of something like 77 or 78......I think I traded Tucker to the Devils for him.

monkey_00
yeah your right. Thats how i got pronger so cheap, i only had to trade tucker and a 2nd rounder

Old
11-12-2003, 01:46 PM
monkey_00*

Hey Y'All........

I picked up NHL 2004 last week (EA Sports) and it was working just fine until last night........Now whenever I try to start er up I get the EA Sports introduction but then it stalls on me and I get this Error message that reads this:

An Error has occured in the script on this page
Line: 202
Char: 2
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0
Url: file//C:\Program Files\EA Sports\NHL 2004\fe\COMMON\html\main_menu:html

Anybody ever experience anything like this?....Anybody know what the problem here is?...and/OR how to remedy the situation.....

Thanks any help is appreciated.

monkey_00

Old
11-12-2003, 03:28 PM
DutchLeafsfan

Send a message via ICQ to DutchLeafsfan Send a message via MSN to DutchLeafsfan
Well, I haven't had anything like it yet. It obviously is an error in the Microsoft Internet Explorer stuff which NHL 2004 uses for its interface (since the 2003 version the PC interface has been specifically designed, and is built up like a webpage, using Internet Explorer afaik, which is the reason some red crosses may ocassionally appear ), nothing with NHL itself.

I wonder which version of IE you are currently using? I perosnally use IE 6 with service pack one, which has veritually no problems, except for the ocassional picture which fails to load. However this morning I was working on a computer at the university which only had Internet Explorer 4.0, and I frequently got these kind of errors.

I guess a possible solution to your problem might be to either update your Internet Explorer, and if it is up to date re-install it since probably something went wrong or got corrupted.

Old
11-12-2003, 03:33 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchLeafsfan
Well, I haven't had anything like it yet. It obviously is an error in the Microsoft Internet Explorer stuff which NHL 2004 uses for its interface (since the 2003 version the PC interface has been specifically designed, and is built up like a webpage, using Internet Explorer afaik, which is the reason some red crosses may ocassionally appear ), nothing with NHL itself.

I wonder which version of IE you are currently using? I perosnally use IE 6 with service pack one, which has veritually no problems, except for the ocassional picture which fails to load. However this morning I was working on a computer at the university which only had Internet Explorer 4.0, and I frequently got these kind of errors.

I guess a possible solution to your problem might be to either update your Internet Explorer, and if it is up to date re-install it since probably something went wrong or got corrupted.
Dutchy.......

That makes alot of sense cause when I bought my NHL 2004 last week I didn't have Internet connection for the home yet......the last little while I was using the PCs down at the local Internet Cafe and NHL 2004 on my home PC was working just fine....the problem started a little bit after I got hooked up with one of the local Internet service providers so I'll try and download the latest version of Microsoft Explorer....sounds like a plan to me.....I'll let you know how it goes..........Thanks for the help.

monkey_00

Old
11-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Grandpabuzz

Send a message via AIM to Grandpabuzz
Meh I am in the Playoffs in ESPN NHL Hockey and just finished game one against the 6th place Leafs(me) vs. the 3rd place Lightning. I won 2-0 were both Sundin and Roberts scored.

Here are my lines
Roberts Sundin Molgilny
Steen Newuindyk Nolan
Antropov Reichal Tucker
Poniarksky Renberg Domi

McCabe Zhitnik
Kaberle Klee
Marchment Berg

Belfour
Tellqvist

I traded Belak, me(rated 74, age 16), and a 3rd round pick for Zhitnik

And

I traded Kidd for a 3rd of Detroit (Now they have 4 goaies )

Oh and during the course of the game St.Louis and Richards got ingured for One to Two weeks

Old
11-12-2003, 09:29 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchLeafsfan

Dutchy.........

Which version of Internet Explorer should I install?.....which one do you recommend and if possible a link to the download site would be much appreciated.....thanks.........

By the way I don't think it's the browser cause I can play my other PC-based video games like "Age of Empires" for example.

monkey_00

Old
11-13-2003, 12:25 AM
DutchLeafsfan

Send a message via ICQ to DutchLeafsfan Send a message via MSN to DutchLeafsfan
Quote:
Dutchy.........

Which version of Internet Explorer should I install?.....which one do you recommend and if possible a link to the download site would be much appreciated.....thanks.........

By the way I don't think it's the browser cause I can play my other PC-based video games like "Age of Empires" for example.

monkey_00
I am 100% positive it has something to do with the browser, I usually get these errors when the browser I use is nto entirely ocmpatible with the sites I visit, and has problems with some scripts. The NHL 2004 interface is (besides 2003 at least) the only game I know which uses a main menu built up and visualized as a web page. Other games like for instance Age of Empires don't, and just have their own specially designed and coded menus

As for the Internet Explorer you should use, try this version, it should be fine

Old
11-13-2003, 06:56 AM
Joey24

I just won the cup with the leafs... after simming the rest of my previous season with this lineup. my prospects just blossomed into 75- 80 players.

Fedor Fedorov82, Sergi Federov95, Jarome Iginla 94
Wendel Clark84, Jason Spezza 79, Alexander Mogilny 85
Jani Rita 77, Jamie Lundmark 77, Ales Hemsky 80
Nik Antropov74 ,Jarret Stoll 75 ,Scottie Upshall 77

Defence:

Tomas Kaberle 85 - Bryan McCabe 83
Brad Stuart 84 - Barrett Jackman 81
Carlo Colaiacovo 77 - Brooks Orpik 80

Goalies :

Martin Brodour 95
Rick Depietro 84
Mikael Tellqvist 83

Though the ratings have gone up and down all season this is what they were when I shut the game off last night after winning the cup.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:11 AM
Dar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
Fedor Fedorov82, Sergi Federov95, Jarome Iginla 94
Wendel Clark84, Jason Spezza 79, Alexander Mogilny 85
Jani Rita 77, Jamie Lundmark 77, Ales Hemsky 80
Nik Antropov74 ,Jarret Stoll 75 ,Scottie Upshall 77
Defence:
Tomas Kaberle 85 - Bryan McCabe 83
Brad Stuart 84 - Barrett Jackman 81
Carlo Colaiacovo 77 - Brooks Orpik 80
Goalies :
Martin Brodour 95
Rick Depietro 84
Mikael Tellqvist 83
Wow, you got Fedorov, Iginla, Spezza, Hemsky Stuart, B.Jackman, Brodeur, Depietro all brought in? That musta cost ya.

Closed Thread