HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline 2012: Monday | February 27th | 3:00 PM

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

vCash: 500
Clowe and Brandon Mashinter for Dubi, and Pavel Valentenko and first?

Old
02-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Clowe and Brandon Mashinter for Dubi, and Pavel Valentenko and first?
Clowe doesn't offer much more than Dubinsky.

No thank you. I'd like to hold on to that 1st if we're not getting a bonafide addition for it.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:22 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
No idea, but it would be costly if he was actually available.

He would basically be a perfect fit here. Would love him here, but not happening.
He's having an off year but still, if Coture is out for any extended period of time, they're gonna need guys like Clowe to pick up the slack. San Jose really is in a win now mode more than any other team. Their core is older and the best offensive prospects are already up with the big club.

Makes no sense but the Rangers don't really have anything to offer them unless for some strange reason they want just picks or prospects. Even a trade centered around Dubi is a wash.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Clowe doesn't offer much more than Dubinsky.

No thank you. I'd like to hold on to that 1st if we're not getting a bonafide addition for it.
Clowe actually mixes them up. He has more goals and more assists that Dubi.
Clowe: 10-24-34
Dubi: 6-19-25

Old
02-27-2012, 01:30 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
He's having an off year but still, if Coture is out for any extended period of time, they're gonna need guys like Clowe to pick up the slack. San Jose really is in a win now mode more than any other team. Their core is older and the best offensive prospects are already up with the big club.

Makes no sense but the Rangers don't really have anything to offer them unless for some strange reason they want just picks or prospects. Even a trade centered around Dubi is a wash.
They said they need almost ready D prospects. Hence, Pavel Valentenko

Old
02-27-2012, 01:40 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I feel Clowe is pretty overrated, but he IS better than Dubi.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

AA and pick for Clowe, would that work?

Old
02-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Robs789

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I know this is a bit ahead of time, but for the packages we're hearing for Nash I think I'd rather use those assets to tempt Edmonton for their first to get Yakupov or Grigorenko. There's a good chance they will want to sell their first anyway.

AA + Erixon + MZA + Thomas + 2012 1st.

Erixon is much more along the lines of what Edmonton needs. He'll be NHL ready much sooner too, most likely next season actually. D-men, even drafted in the first round, usually need seasoning. Taking Erixon skips that process and gives them a young bad ass defense man. They also get AA who's a cheap two way forward with some offense.

The Rangers need young, top offensive talent. Edmonton has enough of that. NYR has depth at D and can afford to trade Erixon.

2012-2013 Rangers:

Parise - Stepan - Gaborik
Kreider - Richards - Yakupov
Dubisnky - Boyle - Callahan
Prust - Rupp - Hagelin

Man that was a nice fantasy.
How do we plan on getting Yakupov?

Old
02-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

From sharks fans; Clowe + Mash for AA + 1st? I'd think long and hard about that one.

Overpayment, underpayment?

Old
02-27-2012, 02:15 AM
mahonistan*

Quote:
From sharks fans; Clowe + Mash for AA + 1st? I'd think long and hard about that one.

overpayment

Old
02-27-2012, 02:16 AM
mahonistan*

Quote:

overpayment. take out the first and it's closer...

Old
02-27-2012, 02:29 AM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
AA and pick for Clowe, would that work?
How does this make us better? AA is the perfect winger in Tort's system. Could easily grab a selke if he has a modest offensive breakout.

You want Clowe, you need to move a winger he would replace, therefore a winger that isn't amonge best defensive fwds in the league. AA had seven takeaways last game alone in the neutral zone. Sure firig he puck over the biards was bad, but he back checked his way into good position to recover the puck and make a play.

Stop trying to give away players that are difficult to replace. AA could be a 45-50 pt guy while being among the best positional and hardest backchecking guys in the league. He can also make slick plays on the puck, and wins far more board battles than he loses.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:34 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
How does this make us better? AA is the perfect winger in Tort's system. Could easily grab a selke if he has a modest offensive breakout.

You want Clowe, you need to move a winger he would replace, therefore a winger that isn't amonge best defensive fwds in the league. AA had seven takeaways last game alone in the neutral zone. Sure firig he puck over the biards was bad, but he back checked his way into good position to recover the puck and make a play.

Stop trying to give away players that are difficult to replace. AA could be a 45-50 pt guy while being among the best positional and hardest backchecking guys in the league. He can also make slick plays on the puck, and wins far more board battles than he loses.
He would replace AA on top line

Old
02-27-2012, 02:45 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

We need guys to put the puck in the net. Guys with more offensive skill. I dont understand the pining for Clowe. He is only a small upgrade from the type of player dubinsky is. Dubinsky almost has as good of numbers as Clowe this year and he's been pretty brutal when it comes to scoring. And I'd rather have a younger anisimov with a better offensive skill set than clowe. We dont need guys to "mix it up" we have guys to do that.

Some people make me scratch my head on this board

Old
02-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Clowe can fit well on a line with Cally and Brad. He is a proven playoff performer. Would definitely help for the playoff run.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:53 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Clowe can fit well on a line with Cally and Brad. He is a proven playoff performer. Would definitely help for the playoff run.
They are not trading Dubinsky or AA, both of whom fit in with this team not just by role but through chemistry in the lockerroom, for a SLIGHT upgrade. If you cannot understand that then I dont know what to tell you

EDIT: Not to mention Dubinsky's career stats are far better than Clowe's. Clowe has 249 points in 7 seasons. Dubinsky has 204 points in 5 seasons. Clowe has 42 points in 63 playoff appearances. Dubinsky has 15 in 22 playoff appearances. And oh yeah, Dubi is 4 years younger.

Stop with this Clowe crap

Last edited by RGY: 02-27-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old
02-27-2012, 03:11 AM
egelband

As far as I know, the only 'legit' rumors we've heard we're Nash and Brown.
I suspect something will happen today, but if it's neither of those two, we have learned that Sather is very careful with what he says and to whom he says it. Essentially, we know nothing aside from what he wants us to know.
(Which isn't a complaint; Just interesting to me).

Old
02-27-2012, 03:19 AM
17futurecap

The latest from Brooks.

Quote:
The Blueshirts do appear to have some interest in Washington’s Mike Knuble, who was shoved unceremoniously aside by coach Dale Hunter and carries the veteran presence so respected by coach John Tortorella and the goal-scoring pedigree sought by Sather.

Management loves the idea of renting Buffalo’s rugged 30-year-old, 6-foot-5 center Paul Gaustad, who fought Brandon Prust in the Rangers’ 3-2 overtime victory over the Sabres on Saturday, but there is no indication he is on the market. If available, the price is likely to be high.

The Rangers would like to add a defenseman, but are not particularly intrigued by the available blue-liners. The team is believed interested in Washington’s John Erskine if the Caps are willing to move him and his favorable contract, which has a year to go at a $1.5 million cap charge.

There might be limited interest in renting the Caps’ Dennis Wideman or Carolina’s Jaroslav Spacek, but there does not appear to be any in leasing Montreal’s Chris Campoli or the Hurricanes’ Bryan Allen.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1nZIkjNCF

Old
02-27-2012, 03:24 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
The latest from Brooks.
Wasn't Knuble once a Ranger?

Old
02-27-2012, 06:21 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Seems like its going to be an uneventful deadline, especially for us. My expectations are tampered by the Nash thing.

Old
02-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Jyrgen

Well, it's not for this years trade deadline but ...

I wonder if Ovechkin might be on the block within a 2 year window or so, maybe even by his request.

Old
02-27-2012, 06:50 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Trading Clowe for Dubi or AA is robbing Peter pay Paul; it doesn't make the Rangers any better, just different.

Knuble would be ok for cheap, he'd obviously replace Mitchell or be a depth guy who has been there and done that. He could also play on the PP and screen the goalie. Since he hasn't played his value will go way down. A 4th in 2013 and Valentenko perhaps (who is all but done with the organization)?

They need a few extra bodies up front and there really is slim pickings in Connecticut at this point. Only Deveaux and MZA could really come in if extra bodies are needed (maybe Thuresson). JAM doesn't have an NHL contract, and someone like Yogan would have to repeat what he did on his ATO in Connecticut last season after his junior season was over to even think about getting an emergency sniff.

Erskine would be excellent, always likes that guy's simple and nasty game the only problem is that he shoots lefty so I don't know if he'd be playing with Staal or Del Z? His contract is affordable too and he'd be a great mentor for McLIrath at least in training camp. But in a seven game series, his toughness is welcome.

No mention of O'Brien though, or either of the Jones's (David or Ryan), and I know some of us want Chris Stewart, but for some reason I just don't see him on Sather's radar. We'll see if Reiger's demands for Gaustad change in the next seven hours. I can see a second rounder being "fair" in this market along with maybe a prospect the Rangers don't have too much interest in going forward (MZA, Danny Hobbs?)

Last edited by White Plains Batman: 02-27-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old
02-27-2012, 06:50 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Wasn't Knuble once a Ranger?
Yes he was.

Old
02-27-2012, 06:52 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Trading Clowe for Dubi or AA is robbing Peter pay Paul; it doesn't make the Rangers any better, just different.

Knuble would be ok for cheap, he'd obviously replace Mitchell or be a depth guy who has been there and done that. He could also play on the PP and screen the goalie.

Erskine would be excellent, always likes that guy's simple and nasty game the only problem is that he shoots lefty so I don't know if he'd be playing with Staal or Del Z? His contract is affordable too and he'd be a great mentor for McLIrath at least in training camp. But in a seven game series, his toughness is welcome.

No mention of O'Brien though, or either of the Jones's (David or Ryan), and I know some of us want Chris Stewart, but for some reason I just don't see him on Sather's radar.
Rather have Wideman and his big shot from the point

Old
02-27-2012, 07:21 AM
beastly115

I'd like Widemab but don't see the Caps trading him. They're in the payoff hunt and with Green's health issues need a guy that can fire the puck from the blueline.

Closed Thread