HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Botta on Chris Kreider (All Kreider discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 08:05 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I would say:

Erik Cole
Max Pacioretty
Bill Guerin

Those are solid comparisons as to Kreider's potential.
I do not see him being a Guerin. Or even a Cole. While certainly he has size, Guerin was an old school power forward. And while I see him using his body, I do not think that he will be as physical as a Cole.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:46 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I do not see him being a Guerin. Or even a Cole. While certainly he has size, Guerin was an old school power forward. And while I see him using his body, I do not think that he will be as physical as a Cole.
He can physically dominate a game with his physicality in college. He is a physical player in the same way that Cole is for sure.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:50 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He can physically dominate a game with his physicality in college. He is a physical player in the same way that Cole is for sure.
I would certainly be happy with that. But for whatever reason, he has always reminded me more of a Carter type player (sans the attitude). If Edge, whose opinion I very much respect, has him as a bigger Amonte, I would take that as well.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Leetch66

I have a feeling our PP will never be a threat consistently until we have these big speedy wingers on the PP . Glad to hear those glowing speed reports on Kreider !

Old
02-27-2012, 04:03 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

What are the chances he joins the team for the playoffs?

Old
02-27-2012, 04:03 PM
bmw2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
what are the chances he joins the team for the playoffs?
none

Old
02-27-2012, 04:30 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Sather still has an ace up his sleeve

Slats wanted Nash badly to help the Rangers on offense this year but couldn't pry him out of Columbus. Sather was willing to give up Dubinsky, Erixon, Miller, Thomas, and our 2012 first round pick for Nash and his terribad contact.

Having Kreider play this season will burn one year of his ELC, but considering that Sather was willing to give all that up for another offensive threat on the left wing, and the fact that Kreider is widely considered NHL ready, AND the fact that Kreider is a left winger, what the hell does one year off an ELC matter if bringing CK in for the playoffs improves our chances for a Stanley Cup?

Old
02-27-2012, 04:33 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Highly doubt it

Old
02-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Sticky Fingers

Would Kreider even be an upgrade on this team?

Old
02-27-2012, 04:38 PM
egelband

fair point. but that's assuming krieder would be an asset this year. i think the difference in speed between the ncaa and the nhl would be way too much for him to overcome. but, that's obviously for the pros to decide. it would definitely be intriguing...

Old
02-27-2012, 04:39 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
Would Kreider even be an upgrade on this team?
He's sort of our top offensive prospect... Also helps our very weak LW depth.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:40 PM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

Nothing more to say
No more ace to play

Old
02-27-2012, 04:41 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Slats wanted Nash badly to help the Rangers on offense this year but couldn't pry him out of Columbus. Sather was willing to give up Dubinsky, Erixon, Miller, Thomas, and our 2012 first round pick for Nash and his terribad contact.

Having Kreider play this season will burn one year of his ELC, but considering that Sather was willing to give all that up for another offensive threat on the left wing, and the fact that Kreider is widely considered NHL ready, AND the fact that Kreider is a left winger, what the hell does one year off an ELC matter if bringing CK in for the playoffs improves our chances for a Stanley Cup?
If they want to bring him in he'd need to be brought in ASAP.

If I was certain that I wanted to put him on the team for the playoffs.
I'd sign him. Put him right away on a conditioning stint in the AHL, and then have him play the rest of the regular season in a 3rd/4th line role...

Old
02-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Rust Heisenberg

We burned a year off of Erixon this year to play in Hartford. If it improves our chances I think he's gonna come up.

BC would have to lose early in the frozen four tournament... although their high ranking they are susceptible to an early exit because goalie issues plague them. I would be under the assumption that Kreider would first play in the NHL.

I would also assume that MZA gets called up at some point as well if our scoring woes continue... which I unfortunately think they will.

Kreider will likely start on the 4th line the first few games (if called up), and if he sparks something in the team, he'll move up accordingly.

I could see Torts putting a blazer on each line (Gaborik 1, Kreider 2, Hagelin 3) to add in energy and keep the other team's defense at bay.

That being said, if Erixon is healthy and has bulked up a little since the last time we saw him, he'd be a welcome addition to close out the season.

However, for these things to happen, like last year, positions need to open. McDonough came after a Rosival injury. Or Eminger and Bickel would have to tank how they're playing.

Same with the forwards, Mitchell, or Rupp, or Fedotenko would have to get injured for MZA or Kreider to come up.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
He's sort of our top offensive prospect... Also helps our very weak LW depth.
honestly Zuccarello is the next call up. If Wellman or Newbury get called up ahead of him Mats will snap,lol

Old
02-27-2012, 04:45 PM
beastly115

Can't believe people seriously think a prospect that has never played in the NHL before is going to come in and lead us to a cup. Is it a full moon out?

Old
02-27-2012, 04:48 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
We burned a year off of Erixon this year to play in Hartford. If it improves our chances I think he's gonna come up.

BC would have to lose early in the frozen four tournament... although their high ranking they are susceptible to an early exit because goalie issues plague them. I would be under the assumption that Kreider would first play in the NHL.

I would also assume that MZA gets called up at some point as well if our scoring woes continue... which I unfortunately think they will.

Kreider will likely start on the 4th line the first few games (if called up), and if he sparks something in the team, he'll move up accordingly.

I could see Torts putting a blazer on each line (Gaborik 1, Kreider 2, Hagelin 3) to add in energy and keep the other team's defense at bay.

That being said, if Erixon is healthy and has bulked up a little since the last time we saw him, he'd be a welcome addition to close out the season.

However, for these things to happen, like last year, positions need to open. McDonough came after a Rosival injury. Or Eminger and Bickel would have to tank how they're playing.

Same with the forwards, Mitchell, or Rupp, or Fedotenko would have to get injured for MZA or Kreider to come up.
Good points, especially with the Erixon point you made about his ELC. I really don't think it's out of the question that this can happen.

Another good thing about adding Kreider means Mitchell gets scratched. That guy isn't bad buy my God, he gets way too much ice time.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:50 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

A trial by fire like that would be a rash decision. CK will need time to adjust to the NHL, and throwing him into the playoffs, with huge expectations that he'll jumpstart the offense would just be unfair and stupid.

RANGERS =
Old
02-27-2012, 04:55 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:

Nash package = nothing but speculation.
Burning 1 yr of Kreider's ELC; also speculation, however likely, Kreider could still go back for his senior year but assuming he doesn't he could still just sign an ATO, and even if he does burn a year, i doubt it's a big deal because for Sather to make that decision, the scouting staff is gonna have to be pretty confident in Kreider's ability to jump in and make an immediate impact and I'll trust the scouts in that judgement. what ever happens, happens.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:56 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
Can't believe people seriously think a prospect that has never played in the NHL before is going to come in and lead us to a cup. Is it a full moon out?
Yeah, let's put him on the top line! Can't wait to see him lift the Conn Smythe!

He'd be playing on the third line. He simply adds depth for our disastrous LW situation. We missed the boat on acquiring secondary scoring with the deadline. CK will bring that, not expecting him to light the lamp every game, but one goal can make or break a series. Having CK on this team for the playoffs helps our bottom 6's offense, which as we all know is pretty bad at the moment.

Interesting fact: Post lock out, the lowest scoring team to win the cup was the Ducks in 06'-07'. They were 7th in the league. We are 12th. We need all the help we can get, don't kid yourself.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Good points, especially with the Erixon point you made about his ELC. I really don't think it's out of the question that this can happen.

Another good thing about adding Kreider means Mitchell gets scratched. That guy isn't bad buy my God, he gets way too much ice time.
Yea. Mitchell is just a guy who doesn't do wrong. He doesn't produce, but you rarely see him out of position or not playing without passion.

It's gonna be tough to remove him from the lineup because Torts loves him. Lately though, not wishing him an injury or anything, but he's been getting absolutely destroyed by opposing team's. I believe I remember him getting laid out each of the last 3 games. So who knows, maybe he gets injured.

First thing, the guy we acquired shouldn't even be put on the NHL roster, he should be put in the AHL. That way we don't have to worry about keeping him around and sending him down and the waiver process that would ensue. Secondly, Torts has to make a decision on our 6th line defenseman. Woywitka should be sent down to the AHL cause I'd much rather take the risk of losing him on waivers than Bickel. That way, we can bring up an additional forward to be our 13th, such as MZA, so that in the event of a forward injury, we're not playing Stu Bickel at right wing.

If we sign Kreider to an ELC early enough, I think Torts has to, and probably will, cave in to insert him to the lineup, because Kreider will be a very nice addition on this team. He's not the sniper we need, but think about the effect that Hagelin has had, and add in a fresher pair of legs, and that's what you have.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:58 PM
ck20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
I don't think anyone thinks Kreider is going to beast the playoffs, but Theo Fleury's first year in the NHL he ended up with 11 pts (5g-6a) in the 22 playoff games, granted he did get to play ~40 games in the regular season.

Old
02-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2860
How do you know Sather was willing to do that?

02-27-2012, 05:08 PM
SAvery16*

You have to be kidding me..... Krieder is not coming straight out of college to NHL playoff hockey. It doesn't work like that.

Old
02-27-2012, 05:09 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
How do you know Sather was willing to do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Brooks is reporting:

Columbus GM Scott Howson rejected what is believed a Rangers' final offer of Dubinsky, 21-year-old defenseman Tim Erixon, 2011 first-rounder J.T. Miller, 2010 second-rounder Christian Thomas and a first-round selection in this June's Entry Draft.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1ncVTaC1X
That's how.

Closed Thread