HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Nash Rumours Part IX: Nash Svidaniya; End of the road

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 10:14 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
still small for me too

Old
02-26-2012, 10:19 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Just stopping by...I must say this is hilarious. Would this be an application of perfectly inelastic supply?
haha yeah...not as fun that way though...but Nash is definitely not a good that can be produced more. Cloning him would be cool though...

and for those who couldn't access it...maybe use this...
http://postimage.org/image/6aip3h4ml/
or this
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7820/howson.jpg

Last edited by ChrisKreider20: 02-26-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old
02-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
haha yeah...not as fun that way though...but Nash is definitely not a good that can be produced more. Cloning him would be cool though...

and for those who couldn't access it...maybe use this...
http://postimage.org/image/6aip3h4ml/
or this
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7820/howson.jpg
both of these images worked, thanks

i had an econ minor in college, so i actually find this humorous

Old
02-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Habs' WayToWin

90% of the hockey media out their say we should say no to Nash. I think that's fairly telling.

Also it looks like it's becoming a little thing for all you to run around saying Howson has no idea what he's doing, that trading Nash now to us for whatever package we have out there is the best he'll get. Anyone spewing that thinking isn't thinking properly. How can you make any claims like that when you haven't seen what deals he could take now, or what deals would be available this offseason, or even after that (he is on a pretty big contract). This idea that Nash has all the leverage is wrong. He wants out, but he's signed a contract. CBJ could just decide to keep him and make him play it out, until he opens up an avenue they like.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
What is this? ESPN is a joke, I simply commented on the fact that those videos look like they were shot in a conference room with some college AV guys doing the work, and that's your response?
Oh it wasn't a shot at you at all haha. I'm just still angry about that whole situation.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
Oh it wasn't a shot at you at all haha. I'm just still angry about that whole situation.
Haha ok was wondering, yeah they suck. Just sayin the videos suck too.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Robs789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
90% of the hockey media out their say we should say no to Nash. I think that's fairly telling.

Also it looks like it's becoming a little thing for all you to run around saying Howson has no idea what he's doing, that trading Nash now to us for whatever package we have out there is the best he'll get. Anyone spewing that thinking isn't thinking properly. How can you make any claims like that when you haven't seen what deals he could take now, or what deals would be available this offseason, or even after that (he is on a pretty big contract). This idea that Nash has all the leverage is wrong. He wants out, but he's signed a contract. CBJ could just decide to keep him and make him play it out, until he opens up an avenue they like.
The reason i personally call him an idiot is that if he doesnt move Nash by the deadline, its because he thinks he will get better options in the summer, which he wont. Summer bring all the UFA's into the contention, especially players like Parise for us.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:13 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

I've been trying to learn how to use photoshop this week.
I made this for practice...

Old
02-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

You gotta find a way to make the smaller print look like it's part of the parchment, rather than obviously typed on top of it. My only criticism.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:18 PM
stan the caddy

Does anyone definitively know what Sather's offer was? Can anyone back this with a legit source, not a rumor?

"Howson's an idiot because he didn't take the offer that I know nothing about!"

Old
02-26-2012, 11:19 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
You gotta find a way to make the smaller print look like it's part of the parchment, rather than obviously typed on top of it. My only criticism.
lol I'm just proud of being able to remove Howson's head. It took me like a day to figure that out.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Wolfpack21

Not sure how reliable the page is but ranger greats posted on facebook that the rangers dropped out of the Nash contest after refusing to trade away either McDonagh or DZ.

Happy Sather didn't give in. Hopefully we can pick up a plan B tomorrow, if not we go with what got us in 1st place!!!

Old
02-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
I'm to lazy to do it right now but extract his head and convert it to black and white, put it on the parchment and reduce it's opacity to make it blend in a little. Same with the text.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:49 PM
elliot878

If its true that we dropped out of the Nash race for refusal to include on of Del Zotto or McDonagh than that's great. No way should a team give up a top 4 defenseman under 24 years old in a deal for a superstar left winger with a 7.8m cap hit for another 7 years. You don't give that kind of d up when the rest of the package includes one of your better prospects, a solid roster player, and a first.

Howson got greedy and he's going to get burned because of it. What else is new.

I'm interested to see what we do tomorrow. I don't think there will be any desperation trades for a highly skilled winger or anything like that. Sather didn't blow the Nash trade by giving in, he wont blow anything on short negotiations either. I expect whatever deals we make we'll be winners, and maybe a guy out of left field, someone who hasn't been talked about on here... no idea who though. I just expect to be surprised.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:56 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Sather, who has no interest in dealing Boston College winger Chris Kreider and less than zero in moving either Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto, most certainly will check in with Columbus counterpart Scott Howson before the clock strikes 3, but unless the Blue Jackets reduce the asking price, Nash is more likely than not to remain where he is at least until June.
That's not happening. Howson wants the 2 of the 3 untouchable components. I know someone who knows Columbus scout Greg Drechsel. He used to scout for the LA Kings and then was as an associate coach as Clarkson. He is based in the northeast. He likes toolsy hockey players. LA was on the teams which loved Hugh Jessiman in 2003. Dreschel liked him very much. He took my friend on a scouting trip to see Dartmouth one weekend. The Rangers took him one pick before LA took Dustin Brown. Not surprised Kreider is a must have for them. Jeff Gorton and Gordie Clark love Kreider.

Quote:
At the same time, Sather will seek to obtain spare parts to increase the depth of the conference-leading Rangers, who have no injury insurance up front and would like to add to the blue line. The front office, however, does not seem especially excited by the available options and the price it would cost to acquire them.
Brooks mentions Knuble as a possibility. The Rangers brass would love to rent Gaustad but he is not the market and the price would be very high if he is on the market. The Rangers don't love any of the available D. They like John Erskine who has another year left at $1.5M. Limited interest in Wideman or Spacek. No interest in Allen and Campoli.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...-rss&FEEDNAME=

Old
02-27-2012, 05:41 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
That's not happening. Howson wants the 2 of the 3 untouchable components. I know someone who knows Columbus scout Greg Drechsel. He used to scout for the LA Kings and then was as an associate coach as Clarkson. He is based in the northeast. He likes toolsy hockey players. LA was on the teams which loved Hugh Jessiman in 2003. Dreschel liked him very much. He took my friend on a scouting trip to see Dartmouth one weekend. The Rangers took him one pick before LA took Dustin Brown. Not surprised Kreider is a must have for them. Jeff Gorton and Gordie Clark love Kreider.

Brooks mentions Knuble as a possibility. The Rangers brass would love to rent Gaustad but he is not the market and the price would be very high if he is on the market. The Rangers don't love any of the available D. They like John Erskine who has another year left at $1.5M. Limited interest in Wideman or Spacek. No interest in Allen and Campoli.

What you say makes sense. But there are smokescreens galore being put out there. I bet you a hundred dollars we see at least 2 trades today (or 2 players acquired minimum) from the NYR organisation. They may or might not be minor ones - but there will be movement. Wanna make that bet?

Old
02-27-2012, 06:30 AM
Levitate

I wonder what sideshow bob's excuse is

I know how I'd spin it..."the Rangers and Jackets had a deal in place but not official, and then Nashville jumped in with their offer and Howson decided to demand more from the Rangers once he saw what Nashville was offering, but he doesn't want to trade Nash in division / Nashville wasn't on Nash's list of teams", etc

Though I bet that is why the price went up, if the Nashville rumors are true. They offered up a really good package and Howson said "well **** see what I could get? Now you all have to match that" and everyone else said **** no

Old
02-27-2012, 06:34 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Nice job. First week? Keep at it.

Go to:

dafont.com

For free fonts. They have western looking fonts that would go well with your wanted poster.

Old
02-27-2012, 06:57 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

While I agree with Brooksie's take, that being there isn't squat readily available, it's time to put your thinking cap on and get creative. Not only regarding Nash, but beyond Nash. Time to move Dubi while he still holds some value, along with a prospect or two in hopes of addressing our offensive woes etc.

Just because guys like knuble are deemed avilable, doesn't mean we should put on blinders. I think if Hunter isn't playing Knuble, there's probably a good reason for it, he went in there to shake things up.

Old
02-27-2012, 07:03 AM
Ola

I'll bet 5 bucks that, if we don't get Nash, will see a Slats planted story that it would not have been enough even if Slats put Kreider in play.

Slats always does that to cover his rear.

Old
02-27-2012, 07:11 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I'll bet 5 bucks that, if we don't get Nash, will see a Slats planted story that it would not have been enough even if Slats put Kreider in play.

Slats always does that to cover his rear.
If there was a need to cover his rear I could see this making sense.

The fact is, there's no need to fabricate a story should the Rangers not get Nash.

It's been crystal clear that Kreider, Stepan, McD and MDZ are non-starters and as much as I want Nash on the Rangers, I am in 100% agreement with Sather's line of thought here.

Sather doesn't have to cover his rear if a deal for Nash doesn't happen. He did nothing wrong throughout this discussion as far as I am concerned.

He's gained alot of respect from me and I dislike him...alot.

Old
02-27-2012, 07:20 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I agree. Sather did the right thing.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:12 AM
NikC

from what i'm reading it seems clear that Columbus' mo is:
you want our Nash now, give us your future Nash (Krieder)

They're trading the face of thier franchise, they want the "next" face of thier franchise in this trade.

Krieder better be the real deal and sign here, because we have a prime opportunity to strike for the cup this year. I realize the ideal that most have is that we should be set up as a dynasty, but you never know what next year can bring, especially in sports.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:15 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
If there was a need to cover his rear I could see this making sense.

The fact is, there's no need to fabricate a story should the Rangers not get Nash.
Agreed. While I am against the trade to begin with, Sather does not need to cover up for a prohibitive price.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Levitate

Seems more like the Jackets wanted Del Zotto and Sather wouldn't budge, which is good cuz the Rangers can't afford that

Closed Thread