HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Schneider to the Leafs

Old
02-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblminor4boarding View Post
do not want MaCarthur
You should re-think this. He's on pace for 22 even strength goals this season while only playing 13:00mins ES per game, that's pretty solid if you ask me. Raymond is an inconsistant scorer and Higgins has been injury prone this season, having a guy like MacArthur could really help us. 3.2mil for a top 6 forward is pretty good these days too, this seems like the type of guy Gillis should be looking for. He'd bump both Higgins and Raymond down a line which would really increase our scoring depth too.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamBlam View Post
What? No.

Hansen and Higgins are both playing better than MacArthur. Van doesn't have to take a goalie back either. Something based around Schenn could work, but it's better that Schneider gets packaged for a better player rather than a package of players for him.
We could trade MacArthur with Raymond for an upgrade on forward (maybe get Ott+). Just an idea.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:17 AM
LuiLui

At this moment right now at the deadline the only way I see GM MG trading Schneider to the Maple Leafs would be around Gardiner+Gustavsson. Maybe mix in some picks and B level prospects but IMO that would be the minimum for Schneider

LuiLui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Horseradish

As an Oiler fan who follows both of these teams closely, I guarantee Vancouver would not consider Schenn as the major piece coming back.

I think Vancouver would want Gardiner and Gustavsson for him, probably a first as well. Gardiner, Gustavsson and a 1st for Schneider, Raymond and a 3rd is something I could see. It's very steep for Toronto but as I see it, Vancouver holds all the cards and leverage right now.

As an aside, remember the poll last year comparing Schneider, Reimer, and Dubnyk? Funny how things change in a year.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Just saying:

Schenn's TOI has dramatically dropped this season (from 18 last year to 15 minutes at evens), advanced stats say he's unable to push the play forward (-7.81 Corsi) while facing a soft opposition (-0.061 Corsi QoC). Morever he's been reliying on luck (1027 PDO)

Don't look only at the +/- ratings, Schenn's having a very very bad season... And what a cap-hit !

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Reign Nateo

Going from Schneider to Gustafsson is far too risky and too much of a drop off.

MacArthur is decent, but highly redundant in Van.

It will be a price that will makes Leafs fans sick right now.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

To Leaf fans:

Why all the hate on MacArthur? I understand why other fan bases hate since he was a free agent signing only because Florida refused to pay his arbitration amount. But I see him included in quite a few proposals and Leaf fans seem to want to ship him out. As a Vancouver fans, he's a guy I'd take a chance on. His ES goal scoring is high, and that's what were missing. So what's the deal? Why are you guys so inclined to ship the kid out?

Old
02-27-2012, 10:30 AM
wholesickcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
To Leaf fans:

Why all the hate on MacArthur? I understand why other fan bases hate since he was a free agent signing only because Florida refused to pay his arbitration amount. But I see him included in quite a few proposals and Leaf fans seem to want to ship him out. As a Vancouver fans, he's a guy I'd take a chance on. His ES goal scoring is high, and that's what were missing. So what's the deal? Why are you guys so inclined to ship the kid out?
Probably see him as a valuable but expendable piece. He's their Mason Raymond.

wholesickcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Espher

Send a message via ICQ to Espher Send a message via AIM to Espher Send a message via MSN to Espher Send a message via Yahoo to Espher
I don't think there's a particular hate for MacArthur.

He's just a very moveable asset. He's at a decent cost, he's playing a second line role with decent performance, and he could have some value.

Espher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:37 AM
thepuckmonster
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
To Leaf fans:

Agree with everything but the bolded. Our ES isn't struggling at all, its our PP scoring right now.

thepuckmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Hockey Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholesickcrew View Post
Probably see him as a valuable but expendable piece. He's their Mason Raymond.
That is exactly right. I like MacArthur, but Grabovski is a UFA, so his value is low. Kulemin is having a bad year, so no sense in trading him now. Mac seems to make the most sense if we are shipping out offensive depth... his cap figure is dead on for what he brings to the team too.

Hockey Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Agree with everything but the bolded. Our ES isn't struggling at all, its our PP scoring right now.
This doesn't matter as much in the playoffs. Powerplays are much harder to come by and I'm confident our #1 unit will come around. We should still focus on 5v5 scoring as that was our primary need last post season. MacArthur seems to address that, if we can grab him I say we do it. I think he'd be an offensive upgrade over Higgins and Raymond next to Kesler, and if not he'd still fit in next to Hodgson nicely as well. If Higgins goes down with an injury, I don't want Raymond to be our only insurance in the top 6. MacArthur would be great to have around. And what if Booth goes down? Do you really want to role with Higgins-Kesler-Raymond as your second line in the playoffs?

Old
02-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

vCash: 64
Quote:
To Leaf fans:

I'm pretty sure most Leaf fans will agree with me when I say he's a good player, but IMO he can easily be replaced by Kadri. He is the most likely player to be moved, and I want Kadri to be in that particular spot. I see Kadri as a more gritty, higher-offensive MacA; although now a days, lots of people don't see much in Kadri.

Even if you don't think Kadri has what it takes, you have Frattin and others in the pipelines. Basically were trading from an area we have a surplus in (top 6 wingers) to a place where were lacking (he's either included in trades for a goalie or a centre).

Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:13 AM
dierks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
Just saying:

Schenn's TOI has dramatically dropped this season (from 18 last year to 15 minutes at evens), advanced stats say he's unable to push the play forward (-7.81 Corsi) while facing a soft opposition (-0.061 Corsi QoC). Morever he's been reliying on luck (1027 PDO)

Don't look only at the +/- ratings, Schenn's having a very very bad season... And what a cap-hit !

Ice time dropped because Gardiner has exceeded expectations and Franson was finally given a shot to prove he can play.
Schenn is 22 years old...how about some patience instead of running another young player out of town and watching him excel in another city

dierks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Nuck This

Schneider and Raymond

For

Schenn, MacArthur and a first

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

I'd do schenn, mac and gus. No way would I do JG + 1st though.

But realistically, it won't happen. Much more likely to get Scheider at the draft, van needs him for the playoffs, since gustavsson certainly isn't going to be able to save luongo's ass.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:19 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Gardiner and a 1st for Schneider and Sauve. Is where I think it would start.
Start? That is how the conversation would end.

No way the Leafs would move Gardiner or a 1st for Schneider.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dierks View Post
Ice time dropped because Gardiner has exceeded expectations and Franson was finally given a shot to prove he can play.
Schenn is 22 years old...how about some patience instead of running another young player out of town and watching him excel in another city

I'm sorry I never tried to imply that, I just said he's not playing good hockey this very season.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
MaCarthur, Schenn and Gustavsson.
lmfao wut

No way canucks would do that

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Daniel Damphousse

Dear Canucks fans, there is not much hatred, if any towards Clarke MacArthur. This may sound silly, but the truth is all he does is score goals. He really doesn't do much of anything else. Personally, I kind of like him. However, I agree with what some of the other posters have posted on here that he's likely the reason Kadri is not on the team. If you're offering us Schneider for Mac, Schenn, and Gus, most Leaf fans take this and run. We look at it as Schneider for Schenn in that Mac is replaced by Kadri and Reimer will look just as good if not better than Monster at the end of our bench. As far as Gardiner, goes, ya, no! The kid is for real.

Daniel Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Damphousse View Post
Dear Canucks fans, there is not much hatred, if any towards Clarke MacArthur. This may sound silly, but the truth is all he does is score goals. He really doesn't do much of anything else. Personally, I kind of like him. However, I agree with what some of the other posters have posted on here that he's likely the reason Kadri is not on the team. If you're offering us Schneider for Mac, Schenn, and Gus, most Leaf fans take this and run. We look at it as Schneider for Schenn in that Mac is replaced by Kadri and Reimer will look just as good if not better than Monster at the end of our bench. As far as Gardiner, goes, ya, no! The kid is for real.
Personally I think this deal solves most of our problems in Vancouver. But I'm in the group that believes Schenn could turn it around this season with a change in scenery. I also think MacArthur could be a good fit, and I'd consider him an upgrade over Raymond and Higgins on the second line. But truth be told, I haven't seen much of Schenn or MacArthur this year at all. I would concede my opinions to other Canuck fans who have seen more, I suppose.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Brozak
i scoreded a goal

Schenn, Mac, and Goose for Schneider? If this were at the beginning of the season I'd say hell to the no on Toronto's end, but right now I would say yes as we are desperate for solid goaltending.

Sucks that an agreement among fanbases don't make trades happen.

"You got a deal." lmfao.

Brozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
lmfao wut

No way canucks would do that

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
MacArthur-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-Hodgson-Raymond
LaPierre-Malhotra-Hansen
Bitz, Wiese, Duco

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Salo
Ballard-Schenn
Rome, Alberts, Tanev, Sulzer

Luongo - Gustavsson

This would be our playoff line-up.

MacArthur is on pace for 22 ES goals this season which would 3rd on the team behind only Daniel and Burrows. This makes a difference in the playoffs where powerplays are harder to come by. He's also signed for another year at a good rate, and is on pace for 27 goals this season total. Not a bad addition to our 2nd or 3rd line.

Schenn may not be having a great season, but he's certainly an upgrade on Rome/Alberts/Tanev. There's a good chance he could turn it around in a different atmosphere, and he does have good upside. I'd consider him someone who could step up and play with Edler in the top 4 when injuries occur.

Gustavsson
is not having the best season, but it's not as if he's playing in a very structured system. He would likely do fine as a back-up for Luongo, and next season he's a UFA anyways.

I'm not necessarily saying we should jump on this deal, I'm saying these are all pieces we SHOULD be interested in.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:14 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
Right through you.

Gardiner and a 1st.

No reason Gillis would want Schneider starring on a team he doesn't really like.

ThereGoesVirtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:14 PM
kthsn

If you want him at the TDL, there's very few players who help the Canucks now IMO.

Schenn would be our #6, on our third pairing with Ballard.

The Monster would be a back-up.

MacArthur would play on our 3/4th line once Higgins gets healthy.

I really doubt that's a trade Gillis makes, better wait til the draft and make an offer.

Right now only a core player (Lupul, Gardiner or Phaneuf) would impact the Canucks run enough to entice Gillis to trade him.

kthsn is online now   Reply With Quote