HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Boclair: Confirmed--Preds in the Nash sweeps

Old
02-27-2012, 10:38 AM
MrJoshua

vCash: 500
Or, just possibly, he really does care about the fans in Columbus and can't imagine showing up there as a member of the team they hate the most in the league. I don't expect that to be the case, but I'm just saying.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Because we're more then likely going to lose Suter and Weber; he's afraid of ending up in another Columbus situation.
lol at comparing us to Columbus in any way

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:41 AM
maplepred

I seen him hanging out with Shea weber at Olympics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
He grew up close to Toronto. Also, the next year is telling for the Preds as we could lose Suter and Weber for nothing. So we are hardly a proven commodity for the indefinite future.

He's played here plenty of times. He knows the town and the environment. If he's adamant about not coming to Nashville, I don't see his mind changing. Only scenario I can imagine that would change his mind is if Weber & Suter call him and tell him they'll sign and extension if he comes...

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:42 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
He grew up close to Toronto. Also, the next year is telling for the Preds as we could lose Suter and Weber for nothing. So we are hardly a proven commodity for the indefinite future.

He's played here plenty of times. He knows the town and the environment. If he's adamant about not coming to Nashville, I don't see his mind changing. Only scenario I can imagine that would change his mind is if Weber & Suter call him and tell him they'll sign and extension if he comes...
Last sentence is what i am thinking. If he signs the writing will be on the wall.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Supposedly he has talked to Shea and or Ryan and made his decision from there. TIFWIW.

Roman Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:44 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I didn't read every post in this thread, but where are these rumors coming from?

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:45 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Supposedly he has talked to Shea and or Ryan and made his decision from there. TIFWIW.
as in, "so, you guys hanging around? no? aight, thanks"

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
I hope this isn't true. If it is, it would be pretty awful if Shea had already decided to check out.

02-27-2012, 10:49 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
I don't believe that for a minute. I doubt seriously that Shea Weber and Ryan Suter know for sure what the other is going to do. They've probably discussed generalities, but I doubt either has said, "I've made my decision and this is it."

I seriously doubt they'd share their inner secrets with Rick Nash. Sure, they might say, "you coming in would be a big positive in me staying," but that's a long way from a conference call with them all agreeing on future contract plans.

This kind of stuff stays between the player, their agent and the GM.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
I don't believe that for a minute. I doubt seriously that Shea Weber and Ryan Suter know for sure what the other is going to do. They've probably discussed generalities, but I doubt either has said, "I've made my decision and this is it."

I seriously doubt they'd share their inner secrets with Rick Nash. Sure, they might say, "you coming in would be a big positive in me staying," but that's a long way from a conference call with them all agreeing on future contract plans.

This kind of stuff stays between the player, their agent and the GM.
Believe it or not, it's just what I've been told. All signs point to Suter in Detroit next season. Sadly, I'm starting to believe it.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:53 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
OK, if thats true then Weber and Suter are lying sacks of crap.

unless for whatever reason they dont like Nash and dont want him here

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Jarnberg

If Suter wanted to stay here he would have already signed. Weber would have signed the long term deal he was offered last offseason.

The writing is on the wall. They've each had chances to sign long term. They haven't done it.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:56 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Believe it or not, it's just what I've been told. All signs point to Suter in Detroit next season. Sadly, I'm starting to believe it.
Fine. Just been told by whom? Don't hide behind the "can't reveal my source" stuff - you don't have to give a name, but if you're gonna throw something like that out there, give something to back it up.

Someone high up in the Preds organization?

One of the player's agents?

A hockey reporter?

A guy on twitter?

Old
02-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Quote:
Fine. Just been told by whom? Don't hide behind the "can't reveal my source" stuff - you don't have to give a name, but if you're gonna throw something like that out there, give something to back it up.

Someone high up in the Preds organization?

One of the player's agents?

A hockey reporter?

A guy on twitter?
Someone who knows more about the situation than you or myself.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:00 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Im not calling out you or your source but Im assuming if this is known to you and your source that its probably known to Poile..

if so, what does everyone make of the "we just want to make sure the org is committed crap??"

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:00 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
If Suter wanted to stay here he would have already signed. Weber would have signed the long term deal he was offered last offseason.

The writing is on the wall. They've each have chances to sign long term. They haven't done it.
And they still have chances.

As a player, why would you limit your options.

Let's pretend Rick Nash was traded to Nashville today. Would Ryan Suter turn around and sign his contract next week?

Nope. Why not? Because he hates the Preds? Because he's apartment shopping in Detroit?

The answer is much more simple. Because it limits his options. How stupid would he look if he signed next week and then the Preds get swept in the first round?

He doesn't have to sign until the end of the season, so he might as well wait and see how the whole season plays out before making his final decision.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Quote:
And they still have chances.

As a player, why would you limit your options.

Let's pretend Rick Nash was traded to Nashville today. Would Ryan Suter turn around and sign his contract next week?

Nope. Why not? Because he hates the Preds? Because he's apartment shopping in Detroit?

The answer is much more simple. Because it limits his options. How stupid would he look if he signed next week and then the Preds get swept in the first round?

He doesn't have to sign until the end of the season, so he might as well wait and see how the whole season plays out before making his final decision.
You are narrowmindedly assessing a situation.

Say Ryan Suter signed a deal last week for $7,500,000 for the next 6 years.

Now David Poile goes to CBJ and asks for Nash to waive his NTC for Nashville.

Nash "Hmm.. Suter and Rinne locked up long term, there's a great chance we could be competitive for a long time!"

Weber "Nash, Suter, and Rinne already locked up long term? Sign me up!"

Old
02-27-2012, 11:06 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
I dont find any truth to that. And if it was, no way that would get out.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:10 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I dont find any truth to that. And if it was, no way that would get out.
This.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:11 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Three of the voices in my head know more about everything than any of us posting here .... doesn't make them a reliable source for hockey rumors.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:50 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Keep in mind that I am not accusing anyone of anything here, but I want to post these rules so that people may use them as guidelines in their posting for the next hour or so:

Quote:
15) Outlandish claims of inside information: This is subjective and will be at the discretion of the moderator after consulting with other posters and other administrators. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post.
Having a source is fine, but let's keep it at just that. "I know a guy, so take it for what it's worth" is fine, but "I can't tell you my sources, but they are high up in the Preds organization. This is absolutely, 100% true" is not.

When talking to someone who claims to have insider knowledge please do not flame them. If you feel it is "outlandish" then report it, and a moderator will take over. If you simply feel it is another post by someone who makes claims but is not reliable, ignore it.

Quote:
1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists. Quotes by other members are not to be edited. You may reply to a partial quote, but do not change the quoted content in any way. No one likes to be misrepresented or have words put in their mouth.
The parts in bold seem to be the biggest issues

Thanks

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:00 PM
predfan98

Why would Nash come here when Suter wouldn't commit?

He's looking at the same small market situation that he is in now.

I think that suters and webers "we want to see commitment crap" , is just that... Crap by them. They just don't want the "distractions" by people asking them questions they don't want to answer truthfully.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
Or, just possibly, he really does care about the fans in Columbus and can't imagine showing up there as a member of the team they hate the most in the league. I don't expect that to be the case, but I'm just saying.
I just came here to post this, and found it posted already.

Maybe Nash is actually decent enough and cares enough about his image with the BJ's fans to not go to their heated rival, no matter the situation in the standings. If that's the case I actually applaud Nash because that's a rare attitude in pro sports these days!

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:35 PM
AEM6729

When is realignment supposed to be announced? I'm wondering if realignment occurs and we're no longer division rivals with CBJ, could we make a run at Nash in the summer?

I asked this elsewhere but am curious about thoughts...does anyone think it will have any effect on Wilson's game to know that he was being offered up to the worst team in the league? He's made great strides maturity-wise this season, I don't want to see any of that go backwards.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:36 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
When is realignment supposed to be announced? I'm wondering if realignment occurs and we're no longer division rivals with CBJ, could we make a run at Nash in the summer?

I asked this elsewhere but am curious about thoughts...does anyone think it will have any effect on Wilson's game to know that he was being offered up to the worst team in the league? He's made great strides maturity-wise this season, I don't want to see any of that go backwards.
Re-alignment will be after next season at the earliest

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote