HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers - ugliest uniforms??

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 10:52 AM
barto

vCash: 500
Oilers - ugliest uniforms??

http://msn.espn.go.com/page2/s/brack...rtnersite=espn

We're up against Nashville in the first round of the worst sports uniforms...you gotta think Boston would win this one! Make sure to vote at least in the Oilers/Preds round one - scroll down to the NHL section on the page above.

Bart

Old
11-12-2003, 11:04 AM
LawnDemon

looks like the oilers are pretty safe... but i have to admit that i don't wear my 3rd jersey in public very often.

Old
11-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Slats432

I just think it is great that we got put up against the Preds 3rd to start with...nice easy first round.

Old
11-12-2003, 12:24 PM
USC Trojans
AD

Why is Edmonton's Robotic Sperm jersey on the tournament and not Calgary's Fire Snot Horse jersey?

I always thought that our third is one of the nicest in the league.

Old
11-12-2003, 01:12 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
Why is Edmonton's Robotic Sperm jersey on the tournament and not Calgary's Fire Snot Horse jersey?

The Flames black jersey is much better than the sperm jersey IMO. The Flames new jersey is much better than both. Why do you have to bring the Flames jersey into it when they aren't even considered one of the ugliest by anyone but Oilers fans (suprise, suprise).

Old
11-12-2003, 01:14 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
The Flames black jersey is much better than the sperm jersey IMO. The Flames new jersey is much better than both. Why do you have to bring the Flames jersey into it when they aren't even considered one of the ugliest by anyone but Oilers fans (suprise, suprise).
you should hurry back to your bridge... i hear the billy goats will be trying to cross any minute now.

Old
11-12-2003, 01:32 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
you should hurry back to your bridge... i hear the billy goats will be trying to cross any minute now.
Aren't you hilarious !! That was by far the worst burn (if that's what it was) I have ever seen. And I have seen a lot of bad ones. Are you that upset that the Oilers jersey is ugly and the Flames jersey is not. Wow !! And some people say the Flames fans have a complex.

Old
11-12-2003, 01:51 PM
evman150*

Quote:
That's because you're a greaser fan. Everybody else knows that jersey is an ugly piece of ****.

Old
11-12-2003, 02:19 PM
USC Trojans
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by evman150
That's because you're a greaser fan. Everybody else knows that jersey is an ugly piece of ****.
Who? Everyone in Calgary?

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/newlook/n...is/200102.html

Your flaming snot one sucked, but your Black C one looks pretty sharp. See, I'm not afraid to admit it.

edit: just for the record, your horse one was in the ballot for the worst 3rd jersey.
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/newlook/n...nis/worst.html

Old
11-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Yorkiegirl161861

It took me a bit to warm up to the Oilers' third, but I like it. I wouldn't mind getting a practice jersey in white with the third crest, but I'm not sure if that can be done.

The Bruins' third and Nashville's third are God ugly awful and I don't know what they were thinking when they created the Dallas' third design.

Old
11-12-2003, 06:01 PM
evman150*

Quote:
Your flaming snot one sucked, but your Black C one looks pretty sharp. See, I'm not afraid to admit it.
I know the the horse snot jersey sucked. You don't have to tell me that.

At least flames fans can admit it is ugly, unlike greaser fans who think the mechanical sperm jersey is the best in the league.

Old
11-12-2003, 07:19 PM
Mr Sakich

I live in calgary and the local jock radio station has an afternoon show hosted by "Joe Sports". Joe hates everything about edmonton and is a hapless homer. One day, they are interviewing a guy from CCM who is responsible for the official nhl third jersey program. They were talking about the flame 3rd jersey and other ones and Joe said something to the effect - "the oilers' third jerseys are the ugliest"

The CCM guy let it slide but I phoned in and asked him about sales volume of third jerseys. It turns out that the oilers have, by far and away, the best selling 3rd jersey in the history of the nhl. Considering the size of the home market, it is an incredible success. Joe Sports starts squirming but the CCM guy is absolutely raving about the jersey and completely shuts up Joe. End of interview.

It was pretty sweet.

Old
11-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Oilers Hockey

I have heard that too.

When you want to make a superior product that will sell, you have to make sure it's the best so it sells better than any other of your competitors.

The Oilers 3rd jersey is the best-selling NHL 3rd jersey of all time. Either that means the Oilers 3rd jersey is the best or the Oilers have more fans than any other team in the league.

Take your pick, Shames fans.

Old
11-12-2003, 08:24 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
http://msn.espn.go.com/page2/s/brack...rtnersite=espn

We're up against Nashville in the first round of the worst sports uniforms...you gotta think Boston would win this one! Make sure to vote at least in the Oilers/Preds round one - scroll down to the NHL section on the page above.

Bart
Jeez, this is coming out of left field. I for one wouldn't walk down the street in one but they look good on the ice.

Here's my list of best regular jerseys in the nhl
1. Philadelphia
2. Detroit
3. St Louis
4. Montreal
5. Boston
6. Edmonton
7. Toronto
8. New Jersey

the rest, imo, are a brutal mess of curves and sad attemps at putting out something cool. Memo to teams like nashville, minnesota, vancouver, and anaheim, among others....simple is better

Old
11-13-2003, 06:11 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
I have heard that too.

When you want to make a superior product that will sell, you have to make sure it's the best so it sells better than any other of your competitors.

The Oilers 3rd jersey is the best-selling NHL 3rd jersey of all time. Either that means the Oilers 3rd jersey is the best or the Oilers have more fans than any other team in the league.

Take your pick, Shames fans.
No response from Flames fans. Big surprise.

It was easy to get in on the bandwagon when it was on the ugly list, but hey Flames fans why is the best selling third Jersey of all time? Why the sudden departure from this thread.

Gotta love it.

I love the Oilers third jersey!

Old
11-13-2003, 07:31 AM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
I live in calgary and the local jock radio station has an afternoon show hosted by "Joe Sports". Joe hates everything about edmonton and is a hapless homer. One day, they are interviewing a guy from CCM who is responsible for the official nhl third jersey program. They were talking about the flame 3rd jersey and other ones and Joe said something to the effect - "the oilers' third jerseys are the ugliest"

I would take issue with that statement. Joe sports may well hate everything Edmonton, I haven't noticed....but he also HATES the Calgary Flames. I mean listen to the guy for a few days....he spent an entire show slagging Gelinas for how bad he played in one of the Flames exhibition games and Gelinas wasn't even dressed!! (and he wasn't joking)

anyhoo, I'm glad the Oilers 3rd jersey sold well....I think it does speak to the loyalties of the fan base in Alberta (the Flames red jersey reportedly have hit some pretty amazing numbers also). I don't care too much for the Oilers 3rd either way, but I am surprised it would be voted amongst the league's worst....there are ALOT of uglier ones out there

Old
11-13-2003, 07:47 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob
I would take issue with that statement. Joe sports may well hate everything Edmonton, I haven't noticed....but he also HATES the Calgary Flames. I mean listen to the guy for a few days....he spent an entire show slagging Gelinas for how bad he played in one of the Flames exhibition games and Gelinas wasn't even dressed!! (and he wasn't joking)

anyhoo, I'm glad the Oilers 3rd jersey sold well....I think it does speak to the loyalties of the fan base in Alberta (the Flames red jersey reportedly have hit some pretty amazing numbers also). I don't care too much for the Oilers 3rd either way, but I am surprised it would be voted amongst the league's worst....there are ALOT of uglier ones out there
Dogs and Cats sleeping together, Flames and Oilers fans on the same side. I am OK with the Flames 3rd. I totally agree, there are some pretty puce ones out there.

There may be people that are not big on the Oilers 3rd, but sales show otherwise that they are in the minority.(No way to be the top selling just by the Oiler fanbase.)

Old
11-13-2003, 07:50 AM
Mr Sakich

yeah, Joe whines about the flames, but he hates everything in edmonton. I am not real sold on that show as they try to be controversial in the hopes that they generate listeners. The market for 24 hour sports radio is not real big so they are up against long odds.

Looooooob, I have a question for you. If Wally Buono wanted Joe or Kevin to have his luv child, who would win the race to be first in line? Joe is a little hefty but his love for Wally knows no bounds.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:54 AM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
yeah, Joe whines about the flames, but he hates everything in edmonton. I am not real sold on that show as they try to be controversial in the hopes that they generate listeners. The market for 24 hour sports radio is not real big so they are up against long odds.

Looooooob, I have a question for you. If Wally Buono wanted Joe or Kevin to have his luv child, who would win the race to be first in line? Joe is a little hefty but his love for Wally knows no bounds.
that's exactly right....he's an equal opportunity blowhard...they definitely prefer CFL to NHL and they certainly prefer Buono and Dave Dickenson over just about anything else.

they are awful. They do they 'hack on Edmonton' shtick, because they assume it sells....they do the 'hack on the Flames' shtick because they think it makes them cool

sorry for stepping into to your thread here guys....as you were

Old
11-13-2003, 07:58 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob

sorry for stepping into to your thread here guys....as you were
Always room for an intelligent fan of any team in the house. Come back any time.

Closed Thread