HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumours Part IX: Nash Svidaniya; End of the road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2012, 10:40 AM
  #176
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,824
vCash: 500
Brandon Dubinsky: "I'm pretty confident that at 3:01, I will be a New York Ranger"

nevesis is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:41 AM
  #177
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Short of seeing him traded to the Flyers, nothing would make me happier than seeing the Leafs trade away parts of their "vaunted" youth for an anchor like Nash.



Using your own criteria, the Bruins aren't as good as you say. Their forwards are very good, but I'll take the Nucks, Wings and Pens groups over the Bruins forward core, and one of their most important forwards is out with a serious injury (Horton). They're without an integral role player in Peverly, as well.

You underrate Jimmy Howard, as well as the Red Wings defense.
Haha. Leafs having vaunted youth. Haha. Leaf fans are hilarious.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:42 AM
  #178
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 8,039
vCash: 500
thenyrangers Brandon Dubinsky on trade rumors: "I am getting ready to play the Devils tonight...I am not worrying about it" about 1 minute ago · reply · retweet · favorite

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:44 AM
  #179
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
The idea that the West is more competitive and better than the East is one of the biggest myths in hockey and pretty much always has been.
That's one of the more ridiculous things anyone has said today.

The Western Conference's record vs. the Eastern Conference this season: 114-73-35

The Eastern Conference's record vs. the Western Conference this season: 108-81-33

I don't have the exact numbers from 2010-11, but the difference was even wider last season.

This article from Feb 14, 2011 has the records at that period of the season:

Quote:
The East is 93-87-28 against their Western rivals while the West boasts a 115-64-29 head-to-head record. Once again the advantage seems to go to the West.
Quote:
The top five teams in the East are Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Boston, Pittsburgh and Washington. These five teams are a combined 27-27-9 against the Western Conference.

The top five teams in the West are Vancouver, Detroit, Dallas, Anaheim and Nashville. These five teams are a combined 45-19-9 against the East.

So, the top of the Western conference has fared better against the east than the top five of the East have. Advantage West.

How have the top five in each conference fared against the other top five? The East's top five are 11-10-3 against the West while the West are 13-7-4 against the East. Anaheim has the best record of them all going 6-0 against the East so far.

The West again appears to be stronger.
More of the best teams in the league are in the West, and more of the worst teams in the league are in the East, and that has been true for quite some time.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:44 AM
  #180
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Short of seeing him traded to the Flyers, nothing would make me happier than seeing the Leafs trade away parts of their "vaunted" youth for an anchor like Nash.
Eh, can't say I agree. If the Leafs managed to flip their overrated young players for a guy of Nash's caliber, I'd be pretty disappointed about it.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:45 AM
  #181
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Eh, can't say I agree. If the Leafs managed to flip their overrated young players for a guy of Nash's caliber, I'd be pretty disappointed about it.
Same. But it'd mean that we could trade ours for Crosby and Malkin together.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:48 AM
  #182
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Vancouver is the best team. They were the best team last season. Boston won the Cup without scoring a PPG in the finals. You never know. Marchand played out of his mind and Boston won the Cup.

Vancouver shouldn't move Schneider. Compliance buyout Luongo in the new CBA. Its like $31M after the 2/3 and its paid over 10 years. They should keep Schneider and dump Luongo in a trade/compliance buyout.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:49 AM
  #183
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Brandon Dubinsky: "I'm pretty confident that at 3:01, I will be a New York Ranger"
Link?

RGY is online now  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:52 AM
  #184
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Link?
Reported by Stevezipay, Matt Mazzeo, and Katie Strang via twitter.

SlingshotVv is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:55 AM
  #185
PMantis24
LGR!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Link?
Tweeted by a couple of reporters. Here's Gross' tweet.

https://twitter.com/#!/AGrossRecord/...72803526963200

Quote:
Dubinsky adds he has a "22-game season" to reverse his offensive struggles and he'll go into playoffs with "a chip on my shoulder."
https://twitter.com/#!/AGrossRecord/...73016832475136

PMantis24 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:57 AM
  #186
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod
 
FATCHAMALA11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 500
Neil Smith just now to @GloBlair, @Zeisberger and @Dixononsports: "I know for a fact that Rick Nash is not going to the Rangers."

FATCHAMALA11 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:58 AM
  #187
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
Neil Smith just now to @GloBlair, @Zeisberger and @Dixononsports: "I know for a fact that Rick Nash is not going to the Rangers."
Im glad the ECHL GM is so concerned whats going on in the NHL.

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:01 AM
  #188
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Link?

At 4:25 here

SixGoalieSystem is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:02 AM
  #189
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
From: @Aportzline
Sent: Feb 27, 2012 11:58a

#CBJ senior adviser Craig Patrick they have "more than 15" offers to consider on a handful of players, but "we don't like any of them yet."

sent via Twitter for BlackBerry®
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/174176491402309633

These losers are trying erase 12 years of bad decisions in one day. They must a #1 for Pahlsson.

Craig Vague.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:17 AM
  #190
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantis24 View Post
OK Dubi. I like that statement. If your still a Ranger this evening, I expect you to start making good on that declaration.

Don't let me down kid.

Pizza is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:46 AM
  #191
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
That's one of the more ridiculous things anyone has said today.

The Western Conference's record vs. the Eastern Conference this season: 114-73-35

The Eastern Conference's record vs. the Western Conference this season: 108-81-33
The aggregated overall record against each other is not a valid way to judge the relative strength of the conferences. It would only be valid if every team played each other the same number of times, which they don't. Even if it was valid, you're really using a difference of 6 games over 222 to demonstrate that one conference is better than the other? The west is 6 games above .500. The east is 6 games below. Ooooooooh....

Tawnos is online now  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:51 AM
  #192
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
The aggregated overall record against each other is not a valid way to judge the relative strength of the conferences. It would only be valid if every team played each other the same number of times, which they don't. Even if it was valid, you're really using a difference of 6 games over 222 to demonstrate that one conference is better than the other? The west is 6 games above .500. The east is 6 games below. Ooooooooh....
No doubt, it is not a perfect way to evaluate the argument, but it's better than what you have provided to counter it, which is nothing.

There is at least some statistical evidence to suggest that the West features a higher portion of the league's best teams, other than the fact that it seems pretty obvious to most careful observers of the league. There is no evidence to suggest the opposite.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:53 AM
  #193
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
You play in division more than in conference-out of division.
24 total games in your division (4 teams by 6 games apiece)
40 total games against non-division, in-conference opponents (10 teams by 4 games apiece)

I think you meant you play more games against each in-division opponent compared to each conference opponent. But still...

Tawnos is online now  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:58 AM
  #194
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
No doubt, it is not a perfect way to evaluate the argument, but it's better than what you have provided to counter it, which is nothing.

There is at least some statistical evidence to suggest that the West features a higher portion of the league's best teams, other than the fact that it seems pretty obvious to most careful observers of the league. There is no evidence to suggest the opposite.
That statistical evidence you offer is not "imperfect." It isnt valid at all. There's a big difference. I didn't provide any evidence because there is no valid objective evidence either way. What I stated was my opinion based on watching games, nothing more or less and I won't claim it to be otherwise.

Tawnos is online now  
Old
02-27-2012, 12:14 PM
  #195
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,861
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Should i feel bad that i know what the title means?

FromTheSide is online now  
Old
02-27-2012, 12:24 PM
  #196
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantis24 View Post
This gets me really excited. Hopefully he's like Anisimov last year, and breathes a sigh of relief when this is all done, and gets back to the way he's always played.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now  
Old
02-27-2012, 12:31 PM
  #197
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
That statistical evidence you offer is not "imperfect." It isnt valid at all. There's a big difference. I didn't provide any evidence because there is no valid objective evidence either way. What I stated was my opinion based on watching games, nothing more or less and I won't claim it to be otherwise.
Agree to disagree. I think the measure of their validity can be argued, but not cast aside, because the story is the same every season. Those more in-depth stats from 2010-11, particularly the records of the top teams against the opposite conference's top teams, are very telling.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 12:46 PM
  #198
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Should i feel bad that i know what the title means?
Why would you feel bad?

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 01:00 PM
  #199
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,683
vCash: 500
TSN says Nash and the Rangers still pushing for a trade, but that it's still unlikely.

we want cup is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 01:01 PM
  #200
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,070
vCash: 500
hmm, so Nash is trying to push the trade through? Rangers trying to get back in it?

DO IT!!! GO GET ME NASH!!!

(as long as it doesnt cost McDonagh or MDZ)

Inferno is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.