HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn to Nashville for 2013 2nd return the conditional pick in Gill Trade

Old
02-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Regarding AKs comment about not wanting to go to Nashville, IIRC he had about 20+ reporters gathered around him. They were asking him a whole bunch of questions about staying in Montreal, the prospect of being traded and he gave the same answer pretty much to all those questions: I want to stay in Montreal. Then someone asked him specifically about being traded to Nashville. He said he didn't want to go to Nashville, before repeating for the 5th time or so that he wanted to stay in Montreal. It didn't sound like a put down to Nashville, just him reiterating his preference to stay in Montreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
It does seem strange that he didn't come over at the Gill trade. I'm really looking forward to having another Kostitsyn in Gold, with hopefully BOTH of them being happy to hear the roar of support in The Bridge. Would you qualify AK as the "better" sniper of the 2? For some reason, I thought he's more of a "dirty goal scorer".
Sergei has a good wrister but is quite selective about when he chooses to use it. Andrei has a more powerful shot (wrist/slap) and uses it more often although sometimes his aim is a bit off. He seems to like trying to make the perfect shot. But he can score a wrister from the top of the circles or fight in the crease for a loose puck. The thing I noticed from his time in Montreal is they way his style of play changed depending what line he was on and what his role on that line was. With some guys, he'd play quite north/south and go to the net, on other lines he'd try and find space in the slot to get open for a pass and with other combinations played more of a playmaker role who could also put the puck on net.

He's pretty versatile so whoever he ends up with, he can adapt to providing something that will help them. If you have a spare playmaker in your roster though, it could really pay off to put them with AK. When he played with Eller in Montreal, they worked great but Lars lacks playmaking vision or a sense of when (or if) to pass the puck and Andrei would often stand around wide open only to get ignored. Give Andrei a playmaker who will use him and someone else to carry some of the physical play and that should be the basis of a good line for him IMO (which I think should be possible with the guys you have on your roster).

Just don't play him with anyone called Gomez. Or anyone from Alaska if you want to be on the safe side

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
AK meant he WANTED to stay and not go anywhere. He said he didn't want to go to Nashville because that is what the reporter asked. Had he said Detroit he probably would have said the same thing.

One thing about Andrei that was clear is he doesn't really like change. He was comfortable in Montreal. He is not like his brother personality wise.

He was having one of his better seasons playing with Eller. Why RC removed him from Eller's line makes no sense. I think playing on a more structured team with a great coach will be very good for AK.

Anyways, might the brothers play together?

I'll have to jump on your bandwagon for the playoffs!

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shea Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
There is absolutely no reason we don't get past the 2nd round this year...........
you better be knocking on your wood, sir.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Nashville is going deep this year if Poile can grab another top 6 center. So much depth, great defence and great goaltending.

Who else do you guys think is coming to Nashville?
Heard rumors on Derek Roy but price is likely too high. Stasny would be nice but doubtful. I wouldn't expect much else but, three more hours and Poile's always looking.

Also the Nash offer is still on the table, but that one's not gonna work out.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Shea Weber

We need a C!

Roy!

Old
02-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Does anyone have any idea which side AK will play for Nashville? Do you have a weakness on either side? He can play both but I've maintained for a long time (since his AHL days) he is a better player on the right wing.

Be interesting to see how he is used on a team that wants him and the skills he can bring.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
AK meant he WANTED to stay and not go anywhere. He said he didn't want to go to Nashville because that is what the reporter asked. Had he said Detroit he probably would have said the same thing.

One thing about Andrei that was clear is he doesn't really like change. He was comfortable in Montreal. He is not like his brother personality wise.

He was having one of his better seasons playing with Eller. Why RC removed him from Eller's line makes no sense. I think playing on a more structured team with a great coach will be very good for AK.

Anyways, might the brothers play together?

I'll have to jump on your bandwagon for the playoffs!
Trotz is always mixing and matching so it will at least be tried out at some point in some way I'm sure. Just that right now our SK-Fisher-Erat top line has been very good

Old
02-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Juneemoon

Quote:
John Manasso ‏ @jmanasso
Trotz says Sergei, Andrei Kostitsyn will not play on the same line. Now way he breaks up Sergei-Fisher-Erat. Been way too good. #Preds
Props to Sergei for repairing his reputation to the point that Preds management is willing to take on another Kostitsyn

Juneemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:28 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Sergei-

"I think Andrei will be happier here, and his production will go up because of that"

"It's more quiet, people I think are more friendly here than in Montreal. It's better for me than it was in Montreal."

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Stradale

As a Habs fan, I hope he plays good enough with you guys and then re-sign him this summer. Would love to see SK and AK play together next year for a full season. They played together with Lang and Plekanec at some point here and they always looked good.

I remember their first playoffs together.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Shea Weber

I like this one:

"He has a really good shot, he can score goals and he shoots a lot in games" - SK74

Old
02-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
That compilation is from last season, not this year.

Hopefully he brings some of this to the Preds:

And not so much of this:

Old
02-27-2012, 11:49 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Just a guess...

Wilson-Legwand-AK
Erat-Fisher-SK
Halischuk-Smith-Hornqvist
Bourque-Spaling-Tootoo

Or, if Trotz wants to run with the WST line again...

AK-Legwand-Hornqvist
Erat-Fisher-SK
Wilson-Spaling-Tootoo
Bourque-Smith-Halischuk

Either way, that's a pretty darn good group.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:50 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Will AK fly out and play tonight? Montreal practice was cancelled, and I'm sure the deal was sealed last night, all the formal bs was probably completed today. Maybe he already left Montreal this morning?
He left Montreal a while ago; the team was in Fort Lauderdale today.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:52 AM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

I like this trade for the Preds

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
He left Montreal a while ago; the team was in Fort Lauderdale today.
I bet I know EXACTLY where they were, but that's a secret. muhahahaha

Old
02-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Sergei-

"I think Andrei will be happier here, and his production will go up because of that"

"It's more quiet, people I think are more friendly here than in Montreal. It's better for me than it was in Montreal."
this is what I was hoping to hear.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:22 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Long-time Habs fan here, congrats Preds on reuniting the Kostitsyn brothers. IMO AK will perform surprisingly well in Nashville don't judge him on his numbers with the Habs this season, he rarely had regular linemates or power play time.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Long-time Habs fan here, congrats Preds on reuniting the Kostitsyn brothers. IMO AK will perform surprisingly well in Nashville don't judge him on his numbers with the Habs this season, he rarely had regular linemates or power play time.
I think the hope and assumption is that once AK gets here with a great coach that will know how to utilize him, gets used to the lack of media pressure in Nashville, and gets assurance and comfort from his brother that it's a great place to play.......that he'll be just fine. He certainly seems like a player Trotz will love to have. Also, I'm sure he'll love the playoff race.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:25 PM
predwings

Apparently AK fired his agent Meehan after this trade? Not sure why, anyone got details on this? Mad about going to Nashville or just better to part ways at this point?

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
I like this one:

"He has a really good shot, he can score goals and he shoots a lot in games" - SK74

If his shot is as accurate as SK's that'd be awesome.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:30 PM
elsubz

Andrei and Sergei have always been my favorites...the habs have once again sold low on their players. Andrei is a much better player than his stats shows and I have no doubt Trotz will know how to use this kind of player with extraordinary talent. I really hope he resigns in Nash and blooms there. You guys will be happy and you'll see that a 2nd rounder really wasnt much to give for a player like Andrei. The preds have officially become my second team.

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:39 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
Apparently AK fired his agent Meehan after this trade? Not sure why, anyone got details on this? Mad about going to Nashville or just better to part ways at this point?
I couldn't find anything confirming this with a quick Google search. Source?

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:48 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
I don't see how his agent has much (or any) control over this... it's not like he has a NTC.

But who knows. One would think brothers are want to play together, but that might not be the case.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Roulin

Great deal for you guys. Not sure if any Habs fans have brought this up, but AK is a very good even strength player. He doesn't have Sergei's poise and creativity on the PP, but at even strength he can do well against the opposition's best.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote