HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryane Clowe

Old
02-27-2012, 12:05 PM
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot

vCash: 500
My fellow Sharks fans are letting me down right now. Clowe is a core guy on this team. He is the only sense of toughness on SJ. Yeah, he's been cold lately, but so has 75% of the team. Total knee jerk reaction from SJS fans.

sharksohnoes! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:09 PM
ramstoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
My fellow Sharks fans are letting me down right now. Clowe is a core guy on this team. He is the only sense of toughness on SJ. Yeah, he's been cold lately, but so has 75% of the team. Total knee jerk reaction from SJS fans.
Part of it is an overreaction due to the awful road trip we just finished. but the other part is him being one of the only pieces with value that could be moved this deadline. most of our big names have NTC/NMCs and the consensus is pretty solid that Pavelski and Couture are off the table. That doesn't leave many assets that teams would want, Clowe is one of them.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:10 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
He's not only been cold, he's been disinterested. Regular terrible (and lazy) passes at the blue line leading to turn-overs, not standing up for anyone, etc. Maybe he's still injured or something, but there is more going on than just a cold streak.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:11 PM
cbjerrisgaard
Finger Biter

Wow, he's being more underrated than Bieksa was prior to last year.

cbjerrisgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Admiral*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjerrisgaard View Post
Wow, he's being more underrated than Bieksa was prior to last year.
As mentioned already, don't pay attention to most Sharks fans with Clowe. They're just mad that the team is in a slump and taking their frustration out on Clowe.

Admiral* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Paperposts31

I eat, sleep, and breathe the Sharks, but I have wanted Clowe traded for months. We can get someone with better hands. Sure we would lose grit, but it's about ********** time someone on the Sharks step up and start hitting more.

Paperposts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Clowe for Stafford?

Fly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Rhaego

vCash: 50
Was he just traded?

Edit: No,

Last edited by Rhaego: 02-27-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
This. And I'm not even that big of a Clowe fan. It's a case of "I want the new model that might be as good."

I'd be in favor of trading him if it's for a clear upgrade.

02-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Winky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperposts31 View Post
I eat, sleep, and breathe the Sharks, but I have wanted Clowe traded for months. We can get someone with better hands. Sure we would lose grit, but it's about ********** time someone on the Sharks step up and start hitting more.
I eat, sleep, and breathe the Sharks, and I have never wanted Clowe traded ever.

As a few others have said, pay no attention to many of the Sharks fans coming in here. We're currently experiencing a very knee-jerk reaction to our play as of late and our dip in the standings. Hopefully DW has his head screwed on a little straighter than some of these other poor souls

Winky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

I'd kill for this guy in the Oilers top 6. He is literally exactly what were missing.

Anything of interest not named Hall, RNH, Eberle, Smid, Petry? If not I understand we don't have all that much to offer but we do have a few nice pieces.

Paajarvi +?

Happy Hallidays is offline   Reply With Quote