HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tony Marinaro: Molson calling the shots, Gauthier just a figurehead (Molson Denies)

Old
02-27-2012, 09:32 AM
gusfring

vCash: 500
Tony Marinaro was 100% right. The owner of a team that says he is not involved and the current GM is still 100% involved does not travel with the team at a trade deadline. It's pretty clear.

And I don't blame Molson. I would do the same thing after seeing the product PG put on the ice this season.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Lemons

Ill gladly trade our 1st....

For malkin

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
the fluke EC finals run we made in the spring of 2010 "saved" Gainey (and those who believed in his moves from 2009) in the short-term, but reality was that our team was far closer to a playoff bubble "in on the last day" team, than a true contender... Cammy's 20% shooting & Halak's "can't lose when I face 40+ shots" bought Gainey's disaster of 2009 a bit of time, but eventually all the big moves from that summer proved disastrous (gomez, cammy, spacek, and to a lesser extent Gionta).
This was not the main part of your post but I have a comment about the Habs run that year.

Most fans simply say "Halak won those series for the Habs". While it is entirely untrue that Halak did it himself, it is also ignored that the style of game they won with was the most boring, anti-hockey I have ever been subjected to.

Last edited by Joe Cole: 02-27-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:08 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Tony Marinaro was 100% right. The owner of a team that says he is not involved and the current GM is still 100% involved does not travel with the team at a trade deadline. It's pretty clear.

And I don't blame Molson. I would do the same thing after seeing the product PG put on the ice this season.
what about renaud lavoie tweet
Renaud P Lavoie ‏ @renhockey Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#canadiens Geoff Molson is not with Pierre Gauthier in Tampa. Stayed in Fort Lauderdale.

he is controlling them from distance?

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Et le But

I think my theory that the poster "Nittany" is actually Tony Marinaro himself has more weight than any of Marinaro's rumors.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
what about renaud lavoie tweet
Renaud P Lavoie ‏ @renhockey Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#canadiens Geoff Molson is not with Pierre Gauthier in Tampa. Stayed in Fort Lauderdale.

he is controlling them from distance?
Yes. With his thoughts.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:38 PM
deandebean

What happened today is proof that this management team's done. Molson will can them after the season. He didn't want them to move any major assets, nor did he want to pick up big name players. He wants his future management team to establish its game plan this spring-summer.

By the way, Pierre McGuire looked like a major outsider on TSN today. Didn't fit too well with them. He looked pissed. Does he always have the red cheeks? And what's with the circa 1995 glasses?

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:05 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
What happened today is proof that this management team's done. Molson will can them after the season. He didn't want them to move any major assets, nor did he want to pick up big name players. He wants his future management team to establish its game plan this spring-summer.

By the way, Pierre McGuire looked like a major outsider on TSN today. Didn't fit too well with them. He looked pissed. Does he always have the red cheeks? And what's with the circa 1995 glasses?
He was probably angry that Hal Gill was already traded and he could not make a "suspect" joke about stick sizes.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post

More like early 2000's...

(google "Master Of Disguise')

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
if i was the vegan skeletor i'd be exploring all avenues...not just trades but actually looking for streets out of montreal
Did you really steal a Down Goes Brown joke and try to pass it off as your own?

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I got the go ahead from one of the mods to make this thread.

Discuss!
Of course he calls the shots, no GM's or Coach would tolerate Gomez around the team.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:44 PM
NORiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post

Even if I do think Tony was right but traveling with the team means absolutely nothing.

NORiculous is offline   Reply With Quote