Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 04:51 PM
BruinFanSam

vCash: 500
Hello All... two quick questions. Keep in mind I could care less about point totals or goals...As we have seen lately with David Krejci and Seguin(who have been playing some of their best hockey all season lately), sometimes point totals do not necessarily paint the whole picture...From a developmental standpoint how do these players look on the ice...

1.) How is Sauve looking..? Disappointing season from an injury standpoint for him , I thought he would be a call-up option for the B's. How has he looked when healthy?

2.) Also interested on anyones take of Arniel.. I had really high hopes for him as well, didn't look out of place during his short stint in boston last year. Not too worried about the point totals, I think he would have gotten a call-up if his play was solid....

Thoughts?

I haven't had a chance to get down to Providence this year so counting on your eyes!

Old
02-26-2012, 06:42 PM
icesport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFanSam View Post
Hello All... two quick questions. Keep in mind I could care less about point totals or goals...As we have seen lately with David Krejci and Seguin(who have been playing some of their best hockey all season lately), sometimes point totals do not necessarily paint the whole picture...From a developmental standpoint how do these players look on the ice...

1.) How is Sauve looking..? Disappointing season from an injury standpoint for him , I thought he would be a call-up option for the B's. How has he looked when healthy?

2.) Also interested on anyones take of Arniel.. I had really high hopes for him as well, didn't look out of place during his short stint in boston last year. Not too worried about the point totals, I think he would have gotten a call-up if his play was solid....

Thoughts?

I haven't had a chance to get down to Providence this year so counting on your eyes!
His play has been very solid especially in the last month. I think it coincides with being back at center and having a connection with Sauve, Cunningham/MacDonald.His stats don't look great but his +- is pretty good since Christmas. 5 points this weekend is more like last year when he deserved more of a callup than one game. I think Arniel got 1 game and Hamill 2, and that was it for movement at forward from Providence (except for black ace time). Camper deserved to get a chance with his point totals this year, but honestly if you are going by what have you done for us lately then Arniel should get a chance. He is easily the fastest skater of the players brought up so far and can play whatever style CJ wants him to. I think he could make a very good impression with the big B's.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:09 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFanSam View Post

Thoughts?

went to game today and for the second day in a row the B's blew a 2 goal lead and lost.

They seemed in control and took a 2-0 lead to lockerroom after 1 when it could have been really 4-1 or so,

Sauve grabbed second star and looked very good- however, end of game he got hit questionably high and was really pissed. His helmet was all crooked and the hit took place in the last 10 seconds so he ran at the guy who hit him after skating around a bit and tracked him down. After what he went thru with his recent concussion against the same team on a cheap shot that ruined his season, he should have pulled a nutty.

Arniel was pretty good today, got hit on a late penalty touch on the wall with about 5 to go and with such force his stick broke and he was checking is right shoulder area collar doing movements that one does when 'Houston we got a problem' arises. He did come back. Lost year for him like Sauve but he's been better lately been told.

like Zach but did not notice him that much, Hennessey though was very good. He seemed to have that NHL glow with him and not disappointment. Kind of odd watching him skating last afternoon knowing he was on the ice in that Ottawa game less than 24 hours before.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Bruins1726

Any takes on warsofsky and cohen?

Old
02-26-2012, 07:43 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins1726 View Post
I focused on Warsofsky and I'll admit I'm to biased on him I like him and thinks he has a chance to play the next level. Next year is a big year for him and hopefully he can get there. I just remember Colby with one big time blast in the second- kid can bring it. thought Bodnarchuk was very active from the backline- always liked him alot and he does remind me of Ference a bit- he's tough as nails and does every thing well at this level. Again, I'm partial to him, seen him so long and he's such a good kid its hard for me not to root for him, but I was happy he got called up because I see the skill and balls and glad they apparently did.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:28 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Released until after the trade deadline.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:31 PM
bigjohnson

With Chiarelli saying that a forward and/or a Dman will be brought up before Tuesday's game, I'd love to see MacDermid, especially if Thornton cannot play, again.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:52 PM
roaddogg02316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins1726 View Post
Cohen just doesn't have much to offer. Missed shots, letting pucks by him at the blueline. Overall he just seems like he can't get it done. He almost seems lazy out there.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:57 PM
westernhome

what is going on with Bartkowski? is he injured?

Warsofsky looks like he is playing well and consistent, is he ready for some NHL play?

Old
02-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Anyone think the P Bruins will make the playoffs. Haven't been to a game yet this year

Old
02-26-2012, 10:23 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddogg02316 View Post
Cohen just doesn't have much to offer. Missed shots, letting pucks by him at the blueline. Overall he just seems like he can't get it done. He almost seems lazy out there.
Sounds like he'll fit right in here on the PP

Old
02-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Spoked P

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
what is going on with Bartkowski? is he injured?

Warsofsky looks like he is playing well and consistent, is he ready for some NHL play?
I went to Friday's game, and only saw the results of the rest of the weekend. He was fine then. I think he is Providence's best defensemen. Best shot on the team, no question, it has real zip. He is great at the point on the PP.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Peter6625

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
Anyone think the P Bruins will make the playoffs. Haven't been to a game yet this year
I don't see it happening. Not much talent down in Providence. It has been this way for a few years now.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Spoked P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter6625 View Post
I don't see it happening. Not much talent down in Providence. It has been this way for a few years now.
Only 2 points out of a playoff spot. It will be difficult though with the best talent in Boston. They could have really done themselves a favor by winning on Saturday agains Manchester, but blowing that 3 goal lead in the 3rd really hurt.

Their biggest problem this season has been scoring, but lately they seem to be finding the back of the net. Its goaltending that is now a major issue. Hutch and Dob's are not playing well at all.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:05 AM
roaddogg02316

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
Dropped my season tickets down to 5 games. So only been to a few this year. They don't have it all together. They either get it done or they don't do anything at all.

Playoffs? I don't think so, but the front office treats the team like they are the cup champs. They raised ticket prices for the 2nd year in a row. And they had no playoffs last year either. Thus why I dropped to 5 games. To keep the seats and because I'm not gonna pay a grand for my 2 seats when they suck!

Old
02-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Spoked P

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddogg02316 View Post
Dropped my season tickets down to 5 games. So only been to a few this year. They don't have it all together. They either get it done or they don't do anything at all.

Playoffs? I don't think so, but the front office treats the team like they are the cup champs. They raised ticket prices for the 2nd year in a row. And they had no playoffs last year either. Thus why I dropped to 5 games. To keep the seats and because I'm not gonna pay a grand for my 2 seats when they suck!
FYI: there is no increase for next season 2012-2013.

You had to expect a price increase with the improvements to the Dunk. Even still though, I feel its worth it. The $100 team store bucks is great, plus the cash back programs I always seem to get between $75-$100 off my season ticket invoice.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:28 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoked P View Post
FYI: there is no increase for next season 2012-2013.
Funny, because we are all paying $20 to $50 a seat more on our bill that just came in. Granted we are getting the All-Star benefits, but there's a reduced AHL schedule now.

Quote:
You had to expect a price increase with the improvements to the Dunk. Even still though, I feel its worth it. The $100 team store bucks is great, plus the cash back programs I always seem to get between $75-$100 off my season ticket invoice.
The improvements finished over three years ago. That's not why they are increasing prices.

As far as playoffs, two points out but almost everyone around us has games in hand aside from Manchester. We really needed that game Sunday.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Spoked P

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Funny, because we are all paying $20 to $50 a seat more on our bill that just came in. Granted we are getting the All-Star benefits, but there's a reduced AHL schedule now.
I have full season, and it has stayed at $500 per seat in the 100 level. I renewed about a month ago. what package do you have?

Old
02-28-2012, 03:08 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoked P View Post
I have full season, and it has stayed at $500 per seat in the 100 level. I renewed about a month ago. what package do you have?
20 games, two seats in the 100's. Went from 590 to 630 total.

And other people with the full season said it went up to $50 a seat.

Did you renew before they sent the renewal invoices out? Maybe you got a break for going to them first.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:36 AM
BruinsHockey

I sit in the 200's and my seats went up $40. I am also adding a half season so that's new though.

IN SAD NEWS:

ANTON KHUDOBIN:

The loss of Khudobin, Providence's number one goalie, is particularly critical.

"He's out a minimum of two weeks,'' coach Butch Cassidy said on Monday morning. "He saw the doctor (Monday) morning in Boston. They're going to let it calm down and then reassess it.''

Khudobin does not have a concussion; Cassidy would say only that it is an upper-body injury

MATT BARTKOWSKI-

Cassidy said that Bartkowski has a lower body injury and was scheduled to see the team doctor on Monday

KEVAN MILLER & BOBBY ROBBINS

Miller has an upper-body injury and Robins a lower-body injury.

"To me, Kevan would probably be out longer than Robins,'' Cassidy said.

Old
02-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
How had MacDermid looked?

Old
02-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Was invited to a meet and greet with Cam last night and he spoke in detail of their plans for Providence going forward.

He said they are really going to commit to making sure they have the best talent down there.

Said that they have a new crop of guys coming in next year and now that the system has been established you'll start to see a change.

Sounds like this is the reason they didn't want to give up picks as they try to re-stock their farm system.

I am Boston Strong

Old
02-29-2012, 10:59 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quite frankly, I wouldn't expect him to say any different. Chiarelli has said the same thing for a few years now.

There's no doubt, the crop in juniors right now should be better than what's come down the pike recently. I am glad they've signed veteran guys like Hennessy and Whitfield (and Wyatt Smith, even if it didn't pan out it was a shot taken) because despite the hatred around here for those type of guys, they are crucial to winning and development in the AHL.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Ratty

You'll probably see top prospects like Jared Knight, Ryan Spooner and Tommy Cross on its roster. Nice pool of prospects to groom for NHL assignments.

Gone will be Hamill, MacDonald, McKelvie and others replaced with an upgrade in young talent.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Quite frankly, I wouldn't expect him to say any different. Chiarelli has said the same thing for a few years now.

There's no doubt, the crop in juniors right now should be better than what's come down the pike recently. I am glad they've signed veteran guys like Hennessy and Whitfield (and Wyatt Smith, even if it didn't pan out it was a shot taken) because despite the hatred around here for those type of guys, they are crucial to winning and development in the AHL.
Sounds like they are shifting focus to having a mixture of vets and new faces. Definitely got the vibe that if you don't have the right attitude then you're going to be SOL and released

I believe this is why Whitfield and Bodnarchuk are still around.

The dynamic is about to change with the OHL guys and NCAA guys coming in.

Closed Thread