HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Captain

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Greaves

vCash: 500
IMO I think the players should vote next year to see who gets the A's...no captain unless its Recchi. Make Crosby captain when he's 21 just like Yzerman (if thats when Stevie got it)...that way no one can whine. B/c face it...everyone hates the Cros...not b/c of him but b/c he isnt on their favorite team. I'd say there is a huge "lets all get together in some sort of man-love fest and hate Crosby" bandwagon type-situation thing going on. Wait a couple more years b4 he is crowned Captain of the team.

Old
01-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Blackwizard66

I am not sure who the captain will end up being in the short term. Definitely no captain this season. Just going to go with 3 As. In the fall they will determine who gets the C. It could be Sidney, but I agree there would be some backlash. I could see them doing some kind of alternating thing like they did in Minn for a while. Until they pass it to Sid. There was a ton of talk in '03-'04 that Orpik was captain material. I guess we will find out....

Old
01-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Given the amount of turnover for veteran players, I'd say Orpy has the best shot if he continues to develop his game. He's going to be around for a long time most likely and is more mature than Crosby. OTOH, if Recchi makes it known he wants to stick around (not be traded), he might get it. I think that responsibility would be good for him to be honest; he needs a little extra pressure to perform / lead IMHO... at least with this group he does.

Old
01-28-2006, 04:34 PM
pei fan

The problem with Recchi being captain is he's had to many performances like the one he had today.Really how do you explain that to the guys?

Old
01-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Firefighter Havok

Send a message via AIM to Firefighter Havok Send a message via MSN to Firefighter Havok
06-07 C: Recchi
A: Crosby
A: Malkin or Whitney or dare I say it "Dr. Hook" Gonchar.

This season: No Captain...I'd prefer it that way

Old
01-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Zoo

I would put Talbot and Orpik before Malkin and Whitney

Closed Thread