HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Dud

Old
02-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Bullsmith

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
According to McKenzie, teams were still calling with interest in Moen despite his injury, and were told he is not available.
Interesting. McKenzie's reliable.On the one hand I'm sorry to hear that, but at the same time it's hard to think that being injured wouldn't have lowered his value. I wonder what PG was thinking? Is he planning to resign him immediately? Is he expecting to still be around leading up to UFA and/or the draft? Sure hope not.

Moen's a tough issue. I wanted us to sell, but Moen is the kind of player we need a lot more of. Just hoping he doesn't walk for nothing.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So.....is the Nash banner up again?

Watch it in rewind

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:40 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
There was supposedly a clash of philosophies between Gauthier and Gainey (was discussed earlier this morning). Gainey wanting to part ways with AKost but comfortable with the rest of the team. Maybe someone could get the right link or tweet?

Whether Gainey had more pull in the war room or not, what unfolded today is congruent with Gainey's philosophy (maybe it's just a coincidence).
Source?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

I don't understand how we can have a front office that is so out of touch with how the NHL currently works.

Anybody who thinks you can ice pretty much the same team that finished 15th with a good number of veterans and compete is ****ing retarded.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:42 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
There was supposedly a clash of philosophies between Gauthier and Gainey (was discussed earlier this morning). Gainey wanting to part ways with AKost but comfortable with the rest of the team. Maybe someone could get the right link or tweet?

Whether Gainey had more pull in the war room or not, what unfolded today is congruent with Gainey's philosophy (maybe it's just a coincidence).
I don't know where you got this. Management bashing aside, campoli was acquired by gauthier, not gainey, why would gainey care for him? I mean, if anything, he'd want him out to promote his own picks by getting weber more ice time.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:44 PM
HCH

Quote:

Gainey should be kept as far away as possible from making personnel decisions and Gauthier should be sitting right beside him

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:45 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I don't understand how we can have a front office that is so out of touch with how the NHL currently works.

Anybody who thinks you can ice pretty much the same team that finished 15th and compete is ****ing retarded.
It's pretty sad. Yah, I was hoping for a kaberle miracle, but I sure as hell expected campoli out. At least campoli. It's not like we have a ton of NHL d-man and markov coming back. What a joke.

A lot of us wanted to be sellers for once, not even 15th in the east and 3rd last in the league is enough to trade scraps like campoli.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Should've called in Serge Savard to clean this mess up a few weeks ago and close out the season.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I don't know where you got this. Management bashing aside, campoli was acquired by gauthier, not gainey, why would gainey care for him? I mean, if anything, he'd want him out to promote his own picks by getting weber more ice time.
Went back in the Threads to find the source. Was heard on Sportsnet (by poster Habaneros) and from Sportsnet via TVA Sport (by Whitesnake).

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:52 PM
DumFries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post

Anybody who thinks you can ice pretty much the same team that finished 15th and compete is ****ing retarded.
You need to remember a few things. What does Montreal have to give to obtain a decent return. Nobody wants Gomez, he is worthless and useless with a superstar front loaded type contract.

Also nobody wanted to sign Campoli in the summer. Why would they need him now. He has been brutal all season long.

Kaberle was traded 3 months later after Carolina signed him to that awful contract. He has offered around the league back then. Why would teams rush to obtain his services now?

Plekanec has a lengthy contract and no team will take a chance on him right now. He is having a bad season.

Moen and Gionta are injured and hard to trade. I think they were foolish of keeping Moen around. Even for a seventh pick, I would have pulled the trigger on that deal.

The only players that have value are the ones that play well. Are you willing to sacrifice a Subban, DD or Price in a trade?

DumFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumFries View Post
Plekanec has a lengthy contract and no team will take a chance on him right now. He is having a bad season.

Moen and Gionta are injured and hard to trade. I think they were foolish of keeping Moen around. Even for a seventh pick, I would have pulled the trigger on that deal.

The only players that have value are the ones that play well. Are you willing to sacrifice a Subban, DD or Price in a trade?
I'd have dealt Plekanec. When you're a ****ing godawful team, you clear spots for the rest of the season so guys like Eller can get bigger minutes, while at the same time getting some solid pieces moving forward. NSH paid a ****ing first for Gaustad, can you imagine what they'd give up for Plekanec, who's signed long-term?

Moen was still sought after even though he was injured, as much as I like the guy, there's no reason to keep him around a ****ing 15th placed team.

We have a bunch of morons who think this team has the talent to fight for 8th next season and don't try to put as much talent in the pipeline when it's the best time to do it : when your team ****ing blows.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:56 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Can we fire Gauthier now?
If we fire Gauthier what will Molson do with his left hand? Put it in his pants?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
In all honesty

This was expected, alot of you have serious pipe dreams when it comes to trades and returns

They clearly want to resign moen, possibly even darche

Campoli wont be resigned

And diaz and weber have apparantly been given a second chance for next year, or will be dealt with in the offseason

Gomez will probably get bought out

Now lets all focus on that top 5 pick again, to me, thats the most important.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:01 PM
smon

Well, at least for Campoli, I don't think anyone wanted him...

Moen I guess fits into the new tough Habs. Kostitsyn did not. But they will need another centre and a top defender (can Markov be that? who knows??).

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Quote:

If Gainey was behind it we'd probably have traded AK and Beaulieu for Dipietro and Parenteau.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We did found a more stupid GM than Gauthier. Howson openly admitting that Nash asked him to be traded. Great end of season. Great way to attract players so that chances are if as a GM I can't do a thing, I'll throw you under the bus. And a great way to have a lot in return in the upcoming summer.

There's clearly 2 new GM jobs openings coming near you in the spring.
And watch those two organizations simply trade GMs

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

PG is a winner today because he pulled of the first trade of the day..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:04 PM
EXPOS123

Guys, what's more depressing is the realization that we might not even be able to improve in the offseason.Unfortunately, it looks like the Habs picked the wrong year to suck. Not only is the draft not very deep, but it looks like even the top three picks might not be able to contribute right away anyways. Let's sign some key free agents you say? Forget it - the free agency class outside of Parise and Suter is atrocious.In addition, there is really no impact talent (down on the farm or playing overseas)that we can look forward to next year.That only really leaves the trade route as a source to improve and really, what do we have left to trade that will improve our team? Even with a new gm, the bad free agency class + no impact propects+zero trading chips = another year like this one's. And before ayone starts, please don't tell me a healthy Markov and Gionta will make a significant difference. Sorry, but the immediate future ain't gonna be any rosier.

EXPOS123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:05 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
In all honesty

This was expected, alot of you have serious pipe dreams when it comes to trades and returns

They clearly want to resign moen, possibly even darche

Campoli wont be resigned

And diaz and weber have apparantly been given a second chance for next year, or will be dealt with in the offseason

Gomez will probably get bought out

Now lets all focus on that top 5 pick again, to me, thats the most important.
I will be very disappointed if Weber, Diaz and Kaberle are playing D in game 1 next year.. Enough of this creampuff defense so I expect one of these guys to be gone and hopefully two. Good luck trying to sucker anyone to take Kaberle though..

Old
02-27-2012, 04:06 PM
NewHabsEra*

Is it over? When is the deadline?

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Is it over? When is the deadline?
2 hours ago

And were an even worse off team then befo :p

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:10 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I will be very disappointed if Weber, Diaz and Kaberle are playing D in game 1 next year.. Enough of this creampuff defense so I expect one of these guys to be gone and hopefully two. Good luck trying to sucker anyone to take Kaberle though..
Well, it's not that Weber, Diaz or Kaberle are entirely useless. Diaz and Weber in particular are both young and can improve. Kaberle...well, he can pass on the powerplay. It's just you can't have 2-3 of them in the lineup on a regular basis.

Although TSN said Weber was available, so they probably know that.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:10 PM
sheed36

Darcy Regier pulled off a couple of great deals today.. Sabre fans should be happy..

Old
02-27-2012, 04:12 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
What's Howson doing reporting on Columbus?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:21 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumFries View Post
You need to remember a few things. What does Montreal have to give to obtain a decent return. Nobody wants Gomez, he is worthless and useless with a superstar front loaded type contract.

Also nobody wanted to sign Campoli in the summer. Why would they need him now. He has been brutal all season long.

Kaberle was traded 3 months later after Carolina signed him to that awful contract. He has offered around the league back then. Why would teams rush to obtain his services now?

All you're telling me is our GM goes for players who suck and can't even get a 7th on the deadline. That's all I see. Either gauthier failed to trade them or gauthier signs and trades for garbage. Gomez was gainey's problem and a big mistake all on it's own though.