HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good Hawks article

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2003, 09:53 AM
caniaciniraq19

vCash:
Good Hawks article

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...jim&id=1656439. -- I feel bad for Hawks fans -- a great and storied franchise that now has fans that can't even watch their home games on TV. Wirtz is like Midas in reverse -- everything he touches turns to ****.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:46 AM
Terrier

vCash: 500
Hawks A Disgrace To NHL

I'm a Bruins fan, but also a lover of hockey in general. I flew to Chicago in 1994 just to see a game in the old Chicago Stadium before it closed. Hockey fans everywhere used to appreciate the Blackhawks for their loud fans and the best uniforms in sports(even Jay Mariotti held up a Blackhawks jersey on a recent episode of Around The Horn on ESPN). However, seeing the Hawks in their current neanderthal state, with an ownership regime so dumb it won't televise home games, is just plain sad. Bruins fans have had many complaints about owner Jeremy Jacobs in the past, but at least he appeared on sports radio WEEI recently and took calls from fans. Organization-wise, even the Bruins put the Blackhawks to shame, with a beefed-up scouting department that is paying dividends and telecasts that include a half-hour of analysis after EVERY GAME. "Dollar" Bill should follow Mr. Jacobs' example.

http://bruins.bostonherald.com/bruin...?articleid=104

Closed Thread