HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus at Pittsburgh | 2/26 1PM EDT | "Ironing" Edition

Old
02-26-2012, 08:06 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

vCash: 500
Looks like there were some communication breakdowns between Wiz and Johnson. Those two should NOT be playing together. Regardless, it will take a few games for Johnson to get used to playing with whoever his line pairing is.

leesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:15 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Looks like there were some communication breakdowns between Wiz and Johnson. Those two should NOT be playing together. Regardless, it will take a few games for Johnson to get used to playing with whoever his line pairing is.
C'mon Lee. Jack had has no practice with these guys. He just got in, got dressed and played his first game.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:12 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
thats the thing tho, he was rock solid today but you wouldnt know by the +/-.. wiz had an awful game i thought
You just summed up what is going to be argued and argued on your board. Some fans will go through all the goals and argue it wasn't his fault, even though he has a +/- issue. Others will point out he makes some bonehead plays and has proven statistically that he's a defensive liability. Then you have the whole +/- is a crappy statistic retort, then the "it says a lot when viewed in context".

I for one, think JJ is a meathead. But, I like that he hits, has a hard shot, and has boatloads of potential. More than Norris-nominated Doughty by a long shot... if only he weren't so stupid. Best of luck with him, I will be following your team a bit more because of it Hope he works out for you guys. As many of you know, when Doughty was out, JJ became our best defender. So if he can only lock that mentality in, you'll win this trade by a long shot.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 05:36 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Can we play some hockey on the other end of the ice? Maybe??
It's where my seats were, so logic dictates...

Vinny's shot was let go right in front of me, though. I stood up and yelled "yeah." The woman behind me started in with "ooo, cheer cheer, yay" and I turned around and said "Come on, I got nothing. You can't let me have this?" The guy with her laughed.

Old
02-27-2012, 07:19 AM
bizzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
As many of you know, when Doughty was out, JJ became our best defender. So if he can only lock that mentality in, you'll win this trade by a long shot.
In those 5 games when Doughty was out in October the Kings were 4-1-0 and Johnson was +6. You could think Dougty's presence is a bad lack for JJ.

bizzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
Johnson was on the ice for all four of the goals. Trade him now.

We were clearly the second best team today. It wasn't a matter of breakdowns or bad turnovers, it was more that we went long stretches without the puck. And their PP is scary good.
It was a rough 1st game for Johnson. I sure he'll work out and if his attitude is any indication, he'll be a team leader in no time. I'm not sure who he should be paired with. I'd actually like to see him with Wiz for another game before shuffling things around on the back end. Ultimately I wonder how he'd work out with Methot.

Nordique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:48 PM
KingNothing4

Sounds like Jack a decent game for first go. I, too, will try to catch some CBJ games to watch him. Feel like this will be a win-win trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
In those 5 games when Doughty was out in October the Kings were 4-1-0 and Johnson was +6. You could think Dougty's presence is a bad lack for JJ.
I remember it being basically the same thing last year when DD missed time, Jack just took over and everyone was saying he needs to play that way consistently. Not sure why he couldn't do it with DD in the lineup, but hope he works out and reaches his potential with you guys.

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote