HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Biron deal finalized on Wednesday?

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 05:03 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
So the EMPIRE report is no more substantive than the D&C article.

But why would Darcy decline to comment instead of downplaying the speculation?
I'm guessing that the talks are ongoing and Regier doesn't want to talk about them until either a deal comes off or the deal dies all together.

Old
11-12-2003, 05:26 AM
Phaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Biron is still due about $1.8 million dollars this season. If he's sent to Edmonton via Anaheim and the three teams decide to evenly divide up his salary then you're looking at Edmonton paying him $600,000. By contrast, Conklin is due about $470,000 the rest of the year. So the increase in salary isn't that marked and moving some replaceable part could easily result in the Oilers saving money. I'm not saying I think Biron ends up in Edmonton, I'm just trying to show that it's possible.
Sure, its possible...but only if 3 teams eat salary and I don't know why Anaheim would eat 600K of his salary when he never even played for them. Even if they did, it would only be for this season and for any following seasons Edmonton would have an expensive goalie situation on their hands. While you are right, it is possible, I personally think they are more interested in Gerber unless they move Salo which I think is unlikely.

Old
11-12-2003, 05:31 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee-Dub
Sure, its possible...but only if 3 teams eat salary and I don't know why Anaheim would eat 600K of his salary when he never even played for them. Even if they did, it would only be for this season and for any following seasons Edmonton would have an expensive goalie situation on their hands. While you are right, it is possible, I personally think they are more interested in Gerber unless they move Salo which I think is unlikely.

Well, it depends on what Anaheim gets back in the deal. And Biron is in the final year of his deal so they could evaluate the situation in the offseason.

Old
11-12-2003, 05:56 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17

Look we've heard the rumors about Anaheim's interest in Comrie, we've also heard about Edmonton's interest in Biron and Buffalo's potential interest in Gerber.
There's also rumors that Buffalo is interested in Comrie and that Lowe doesn't want to deal him to a western conference team. There's a lot of trade scenarios here.

Atlanta's also hot on the Comrie trail and has surplus goalies:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam031112/nhl_edm1-sun.html
Atlanta, another one of a handful of teams interested in Comrie, has had scout Peter Mahovlich trailing the Oilers for three of the first five stops on this trip. Mahovlich was at the Fleet Center last night and was also in New York and Montreal.

Old
11-12-2003, 06:01 AM
ajsonor

Just to kill the Colorado part of the deal...
Tanguay currently leads the lead in scoring, and Aebischer's stats are better than Biron's. I don't think they deal for him. If he or another goalie gets dealt to Edmonton, and Salo gets his act together, he may be the guy.

Old
11-12-2003, 08:00 AM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsonor
Just to kill the Colorado part of the deal...
Tanguay currently leads the lead in scoring, and Aebischer's stats are better than Biron's. I don't think they deal for him. If he or another goalie gets dealt to Edmonton, and Salo gets his act together, he may be the guy.
Well, look who Tanguay plays on a line with.

Then look at the defense in front of Aebischer. Especially that.

I guess you could be right about Tanguay, but you can't realistically compare the stats of Aebischer and Biron. The defenses in front of them are pretty drastically different.

Old
11-12-2003, 08:33 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Lets see, what do we have to back up this rumour:

#1. A purely speculative rumour from the Rochester D C based on the fact that a few scouts were at the Roch-Cincy Game the other night.
#2. A report from Empire that restates the speculative deal AND adds that when asked Regier said 'No Comment' and Biron's agent didn't return calls

What we DON'T know:
#1. WHAT teams are involved (if there even is a trade). So what, Darcy said no comment. Sure, there were scouts at the Ducks game, big whoop.
#2. What Players are involved. So, Biron's agent wouldn't return calls. That means.......nothing
#3. MOST IMPORTANTLY: If there even is a trade. Most of this is purely speculative.

I will say one thing, however. IF Buffalo is going to bring in a big name, there is no better time than NOW to do it. With the publicity that the Rochester game is getting, Buffalo could reel in ALOT of fans with a well timed trade.

Old
11-12-2003, 08:45 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

The only other thing I'd add is that it's been said that reps from both teams met and talked on Monday, but nobody really knows what about. It could be about a trade or just about the CBA or anything else under the sun.

Old
11-12-2003, 09:42 AM
cybresabre
Crabby Seer

Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
Well, look who Tanguay plays on a line with.

Then look at the defense in front of Aebischer. Especially that.

I guess you could be right about Tanguay, but you can't realistically compare the stats of Aebischer and Biron. The defenses in front of them are pretty drastically different.
true he's playing with some good linemates, but he is outscoring them. and pretty much everybody else in the league...

Old
11-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Takeo

Just out of curiousity, who's starting in net tonight?

Old
11-12-2003, 12:39 PM
Ghost of Dale Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Just out of curiousity, who's starting in net tonight?
Patrick Roy...just to start another rumour

Old
11-12-2003, 12:41 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Dale Hunter
Patrick Roy...just to start another rumour

Oh, so CuJo isn't playing 'til Friday? Gotcha...

Old
11-12-2003, 01:04 PM
Slats432

Wow..if that is the case, and Edmonton gets Biron(which I don't mind), then Salo can head to Washington and save Leonsis a couple bucks and he can then ship Kolzig over to the Avs for some prospects/younger players.

Works for me.

Old
11-12-2003, 01:38 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee-Dub
The other scenario invloving Gerber might be more likely, but I don't see why Anaheim would want to move him with Giguere struggling to find his game.
Thats true, but since Carney( leader of the D for the team) has come back, Jiggy has played much better the last couple of games. and on top of that Bryz is doing great in the AHL. player of the week i think last week. and he's definately capable of being Jiggy's backup. The ducks arent in a hurry to trade Gerber, cause yes, Jiggy hasnt played well this season, even tho, played fine as of late. But for the right price, i dont think they will hesitate.

Old
11-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
Lets see, what do we have to back up this rumour:

#1. A purely speculative rumour from the Rochester D C based on the fact that a few scouts were at the Roch-Cincy Game the other night.
#2. A report from Empire that restates the speculative deal AND adds that when asked Regier said 'No Comment' and Biron's agent didn't return calls

What we DON'T know:
#1. WHAT teams are involved (if there even is a trade). So what, Darcy said no comment. Sure, there were scouts at the Ducks game, big whoop.
#2. What Players are involved. So, Biron's agent wouldn't return calls. That means.......nothing
#3. MOST IMPORTANTLY: If there even is a trade. Most of this is purely speculative.

I will say one thing, however. IF Buffalo is going to bring in a big name, there is no better time than NOW to do it. With the publicity that the Rochester game is getting, Buffalo could reel in ALOT of fans with a well timed trade.
Im pretty sure this has been mentioned on other threads, but i dunno about this one. anyway. Cincy is where most of the duck's prospects are. AND there's an open roster spot on the team. so they are probably looking at Smirnov, Holmqvist, and Severson to see who they should bring up. so its not unusual.

Old
11-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Takeo

Marty Reasoner placed on IR.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl_network/news_s...me=nhl_network

Any new proposals?

Old
11-12-2003, 04:02 PM
Atma

Send a message via Yahoo to Atma
Here's one

Buffalo: Kovalchuk, Heatley
Atlanta: Forsberg, Skoula, 3rd round, 1st round
Colorado: Comrie, Biron, Iginla
Edmonton: Afinogenov, 2nd, 3rd, Luongo, Brind'Amour
Calgary: 2 x 1sts, bag of pucks, voucher for $100 off hockey sticks.
Florida: 1st, 2nd
Carolina: Dinner for two at the Hilton.

Lets face it, just because Buffalo did a three way trade before doesn't mean we have to invent new ones to keep trades exciting. If Regier is working on something, logic prevails that he'd try to keep it as simple as possible. If there was a trade it may simply be Buffalo/Anaheim.

Old
11-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atma
Lets face it, just because Buffalo did a three way trade before doesn't mean we have to invent new ones to keep trades exciting. If Regier is working on something, logic prevails that he'd try to keep it as simple as possible. If there was a trade it may simply be Buffalo/Anaheim.
Buffalo didn't do a three way before. They dealt with Colorado and then dealt with Calgary. If Buffalo deals with Anaheim, it might be a similar situation with Biron going elsewhere.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:48 AM
buffalowing

Send a message via AIM to buffalowing
I just don't think anything wil happen.

Closed Thread