Lame Day Thread: Wild Vs. Josy 2/26/12 5:00 PM FSN North

Old
02-27-2012, 09:13 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawnisen View Post
Can someone give som tidbits about Vellieux and Palmieri.
Saw Palmieri got the 2nd star without getting any points. So he must've been pretty good!
I was at the game, and the wife wanted seats close to the glass so I was in the second row (meaning my view of the other end of the ice was partially obstructed by the bench.

From what I got to see in the offensive zone for the 1st and 3rd period, Palmieri looked great. He seemed to mesh well with Cullen, and considering how many odd man rushes Clutterbuck had, it seemed both Cullen and Palmieri were strong in the defensive zone. I have to give Scandella a lot of credit on Cullen's goal, but that play was all created by Palmieri's work. If assists were awarded by "who created the goal" rather than "who touched the puck at this exact time" then Palmieri definitely would have had one on that goal. I still can't believe he didn't pot that wraparound.

Veilleux was very physical. Can't say I saw much of him outside of his hits, but he definitely made himself noticable with some of those.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

I watched the game last night via the late replay. I was impressed with the new (and old) guys that returned. Foster was meh I guess, kind of how I remembered him. Veilleux was decent with some good physicality and forechecking, but not much else. Palmieri has some talent. He made a few decent plays and should have had a wrap around goal in the game. Overall it was a good effort.

Northland Wild Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
I watched the game last night via the late replay. I was impressed with the new (and old) guys that returned. Foster was meh I guess, kind of how I remembered him. Veilleux was decent with some good physicality and forechecking, but not much else. Palmieri has some talent. He made a few decent plays and should have had a wrap around goal in the game. Overall it was a good effort.
I am more than ready to get behind Palmieri if he can bring his goal of being a power forward to fruition. The kid showed some skills last night. "Little Bear" anyone?

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 05:36 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Oh, I didn't mention this in my thoughts earlier: During Terhaar and Greenlay's in-arena pregame preview video, there was a small but considerable smattering of applause after the line "Yesterday, Marek Zidlicky was traded...".

Really enjoyed that.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Oh, I didn't mention this in my thoughts earlier: During Terhaar and Greenlay's in-arena pregame preview video, there was a small but considerable smattering of applause after the line "Yesterday, Marek Zidlicky was traded...".

Really enjoyed that.
Almost makes me wish I had watched the Wild feed, but honestly it was really nice watching the Sharks feed and getting to listen to two competent announcers for two and a half hours.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote