HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New arena name

Old
11-01-2011, 11:51 AM
jol

vCash: 500
New arena name

Will Sunrise arena get a new name? BB&T bank bought BankAtlantic bank:
"BB&T Corp. is buying the 78 remaining branches of BankAtlantic, along with its deposits and part of its loan portfolio."

"BankAtlantic Bancorp is keeping certain assets worth about $623.6 million and will change its name after the sale"

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business...,2339020.story

Long waited, not a big surprise.

JOL

jol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 06:22 PM
jol

Here's more

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,6489005.story

My understanding is that BB&T didn't buy bank itself, only deposits, branches and some of loans.

JOL

Old
11-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Laus723
Future Now

With the insanity around the world, I'm uncomfortable with a bank having naming rights period. Good advertising, I guess, but it's pricey, and I've never once thought about changing banks based on naming rights.

11-02-2011, 09:36 AM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
With the insanity around the world, I'm uncomfortable with a bank having naming rights period. Good advertising, I guess, but it's pricey, and I've never once thought about changing banks based on naming rights.
Yep, i'm sure there will be some uncertainty coming from Europe and Greece, first US financial institution filed for bankcruptcy (MF Global) recently and:
"Even the U.S. banks' estimated direct exposure to the troubled European nations of Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain (PIIGS) is disturbingly high - equal to nearly 5% of total U.S. banking assets, according to the Congressional Research Service (CRS).

And according to the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), U.S. banks actually increased their exposure to PIIGS debt by 20% over the first six months of 2011. "

http://moneymorning.com/2011/11/02/m...e-debt-crisis/

Other arena name changes, Tampa's arena, St.Pete Times Forum will become Tampa Times forum, Buffalo's HSBC Arena became First Niagara Center (HSBC sold US North East operations) and earlier Philly's Wachovia Center Wells Fargo Center (Wachovia was sold).

JOL

Old
11-02-2011, 11:32 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Yep, i'm sure there will be some uncertainty coming from Europe and Greece, first US financial institution filed for bankcruptcy (MF Global) recently and:
"Even the U.S. banks' estimated direct exposure to the troubled European nations of Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain (PIIGS) is disturbingly high - equal to nearly 5% of total U.S. banking assets, according to the Congressional Research Service (CRS).

And according to the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), U.S. banks actually increased their exposure to PIIGS debt by 20% over the first six months of 2011. "

http://moneymorning.com/2011/11/02/m...e-debt-crisis/

Other arena name changes, Tampa's arena, St.Pete Times Forum will become Tampa Times forum, Buffalo's HSBC Arena became First Niagara Center (HSBC sold US North East operations) and earlier Philly's Wachovia Center Wells Fargo Center (Wachovia was sold).

JOL
Hey, Greece isnt a pig, we are just like every other country, where the people in charge lie, cheat, and steal, but the only difference is, we got caught Greece should have defaulted long ago, which would have been rough on us in the beginning, but a lot easier to deal with down the road. Instead, they want to take a bailout plan that will drop the debt from 151% to 120% by 2015, which I find ridiculous. Why take away so much from the countries people, who have nothing to do with what went on, only to drop the debt by such a low amount? Default, leave the Euro, go back to the drachma, have early elections, and while it would be tough for us at first, the country would be in a much better shape down the line. But the EU doesnt want Greece to default, because then you will see a domino effect, with Spain, Italy, Ireland, etc. following suit, which would destroy the EU. OK, enough ranting on that.

So what will the arena be named later, the BB&T Center? Retarded if you ask me.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 07:12 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

doesnt look like the arena is changing names any time soon. Judge denied sale of Bank Atlantic to BB&T

Article below:

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...joined-by.html

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:39 PM
GoRatsGo
Heffalump Country

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
doesnt look like the arena is changing names any time soon. Judge denied sale of Bank Atlantic to BB&T

Article below:

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...joined-by.html
Interesting. I thought the color of the new seats was selected to match with the BB&T color scheme. They definitely don't look like the "We See Red" scheme.

GoRatsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:18 AM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
BankAtlantic sale to BBT goes forward again, parent company BankAtlantic Bancorp will sell most assets (loans) in the bank as planned to North Carolina's BB&T. And most interestingly, those three BankAtlantic execs will get their severance packets, $10 million each.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business...,1240620.story

JOL