HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hartford-Lock Monsters

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2006, 07:16 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Hartford-Lock Monsters

Hartford up 1 zip in the first. Rullier with the goal. Liffiton apparently is out with a concussion. Rawlyk's been called up.

Old
01-28-2006, 07:24 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Montoya makes a nice glove save off a breakway chance when Lowells player got out of the box. Jessiman takes a hooking penalty right now. Pack had 'another' 5-3 oppurtunity and couldnt convert. Guess that means they've had a few tonight and haven't scored on it yet. PBP guy says Packs PP is struggling.

Dawes playing on the PK. Thats interesting.

Old
01-28-2006, 07:27 PM
romba

3-2 pack btw. Rullier, Immonen, and Wiseman with goals for the Pack.

Edit: Immonens goal has now been cerdited to Rullier, Immonen with the Assist.

Last edited by romba: 01-28-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old
01-28-2006, 07:37 PM
romba

End of 2nd period, Pack still leading 3-2.

Old
01-28-2006, 08:00 PM
GarretJoseph*

Is this game on the tube?

Old
01-28-2006, 08:01 PM
romba

Nah, I'm listening to it.

Old
01-28-2006, 08:12 PM
romba

Dawes scores! 4-2 Pack.
Started with a big Save by Montoya, rebound shot goes wide and takes a big carom around, then Gennoway sends breakway pass to Dawes who puts it home 5-hole.

Old
01-28-2006, 08:23 PM
romba

Montoya having to come up big now on Aucoin, and others. 3:20 left in the game.

Old
01-28-2006, 08:26 PM
romba

Montoya's coming up huge, big save against a Lowell player all alone in front, following a couple of nice saves including a 'flashing glove' one(he's had a few leather flashers tonight, gotta love those ).

Old
01-28-2006, 08:30 PM
romba

Pack win 4-2, Montoya with 22 saves.

Old
01-29-2006, 05:32 AM
eco's bones

Thanks for keeping the game updated Romba.

Old
01-29-2006, 07:44 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

This game was on cable.

I was at a business function all day (missed the penguin spanking too) and got home for the 3rd period. Some limited observations. Dawes has incredable hands, really soft. Made some nice moves to get the goalie to go down and open up the 5 hole and then passed a backhand between his legs for goal #4. He went into the corners with much bigger plays, got cutoff, hit hard, but stayed on his feet. Has good speed.

Jessiman was using his body, loves to stickhandle. His skating has appeared to improve. He looks to have better balance on his skates and doesn't get knocked off his feet as much as the last time I saw him (early last year before he got hurt). Seemed to be paying very close attention to learning the defensive side of the game, paying attention in his own end. So if he doesn't rack up big points I think it could be that it is because he learning how to play in the other end of the ice.

Taylor - I thought his skating was much, much better. I questioned his agility and balance. He looks like he's moving laterally much better, which was a weakness I thought and could be a hinderance in ability to play at the AHL level and his moving up to the big time. He was strong on his skates, he's still a bot thin, not skinny, but lacking any bulk. That's a question between appearance and effective physical play. If he gets the job done physically, its ok. There are plenty of players who are physical without the bulk. It's how strong he is.

I was somewhat surprised at Colby Genoway. I though he skated very well, good speed, quick acceleration, very agile on his skates, was strong on his skates not easy to knock down off his feet and showed some very good offensive insticts. Didn't sky away from the phtsical stuff. My first impression was a Ortmeyer type with hands and better skill. I don't know if that includes Orts physical play and PKing. I would appreciate any comment from Wolfpack fans who have seen him play and tell me how far off I am in my initial comparison.

Helminen and Immonen didn't do as much in the 3rd period. Helminen played a solid 2 way game. Helped out his dmen in his own zone and played more of a prevent on the forecheck and coming back in the 3rd protecting a 1 goal lead. Smart.

Immonen appears to be a slight player, alla Prucha. Deft, subtle passes. I need to see more before any can make any further observations.

Sonneberg, Weller and Giroux played well. They banged and played smart. Had some decent chances. Giroux to my surprise looks like he is changing his game for the better. He had a tendency in my mind to drift within games. He played a solid 3rd period along the leftwing boards and worked hard.

Montoya was calm in the nets. Not a lot of the herky jerky I saw last year in his game. Looks like he is more composed and confident. Controlled his own end, appeared to be issuing instructions, talking to his dmen and making good decisions. Not really tested in the 3rd.
Just my 2 cents from what I observed.

Old
01-29-2006, 08:53 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Thanks, Atlanta. Glad to hear so many players played well. Who were the disappointments?

Old
01-29-2006, 08:57 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
"We needed a good goalie performance," Rullier said. "The last few games have been tough on [Montoya and Robert Gherson]. The puck was not bouncing for them, but he played like the old Monty we had had all year, so hopefully this is just a jump-start for the next 35 games and getting tuned up for the playoffs."
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

Closed Thread