HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seven straight 30 win seasons for Hank

Old
02-27-2012, 10:03 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Seven straight 30 win seasons for Hank

Keeps on extending his record of 30 win seasons from his rookie year. with a shutout of the Devils.

Unbelievable.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:05 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

The King indeed.

Best I've ever seen in blue.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:07 PM
NYRangers09

Long Live The King!!

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Rangerfan4life90

7th straight 30 win season followed up his 8th shutout of the season.

Future Hall of Famer..Only hope we can get him at least 1 cup before he retires. He deserves it

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Giacomin

Future Hall of Famer..Only hope we can get him at least 1 cup before he retires. He deserves it[/QUOTE]

This team might get him more than 1 cup. The Rangers are loaded with young talent!

Giacomin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:27 PM
SnowblindNYR

That record is as valid as the Red Wings home game "winning" streak. I love Hank and this year he's everything I thought he could be when I was criticizing him in prior years, but for years he had his win total inflated by the shootout. Would he still have 7 straight 30 win seasons if not for the shootout?

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:29 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
Bravo.

Hats off to the best goaltender in the world!

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
That record is as valid as the Red Wings home game "winning" streak. I love Hank and this year he's everything I thought he could be when I was criticizing him in prior years, but for years he had his win total inflated by the shootout. Would he still have 7 straight 30 win seasons if not for the shootout?
Would Renney have changed his system and not play for the shootout if there wasn't one to sit back on?

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:42 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Bravo.

Hats off to the best goaltender in the world!
WORD!!!!!!Congrats to the worlds best Goalie HENRIK LUNDQVIST

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

vCash: 50
What is the record for the most 30 win seasons in a row?

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:55 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
Future Hall of Famer..Only hope we can get him at least 1 cup before he retires. He deserves it
This team might get him more than 1 cup. The Rangers are loaded with young talent![/QUOTE]
Let's win one before we get ahead of ourselves.

I love you Henrik Lundqvist.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Aileen C*

Only goalie in history to start his career this way!

Aileen C* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:56 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
What is the record for the most 30 win seasons in a row?
Brodeur has 12.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:57 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Since the other posts were removed I think it'd be cl;assless for me to leave what I had posted up to antagonize you. other posters do that and it isn't right. I got my point across anyway.

Last edited by JimmyStart*: 02-28-2012 at 05:50 PM.
JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:27 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Could you just shut your mouth and NOT rain on everyone's parade jesus christ take the NYR out of your name please because it's really misplaced. Guy played and won olym[pic gold that year. Guy didnt even play the last 7 games if I remember correctly that year so yes he definitely had the talent and could have still done it without the shootout. It's a well earned mark for consistency and a phenomenal record to have. The fact that ylou were ignorantly criticizing him in prior years comes as a shock to no one. Oh and not to mention the extraodinary skill it takes to stop a barrage of shooters 1 on 1 in the shootout and keep winning but thats besides the point.
All I read was . I'm not raining on anyone's parade. Fact is, I'm sure other goalies could have done it with a shootout. Or he wouldn't have done it without a shootout. Nice accomplishment but it's tarnished. Like the Red Wings "winning streak" is tarnished. Sorry that I wasn't all giggles and lollipops. BTW, I bashed him because he had the ability to play like he's playing this year and wasn't. By like this year, I don't mean put up these numbers, but practically flawless and consistent hockey. Last year our D wasn't so much better that his changed changed so much. If he played last year like he is this year, he would have probably been the #2 guy behind Thomas for the Vezina and would have had his best season to that point.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:30 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Would Renney have changed his system and not play for the shootout if there wasn't one to sit back on?
Who knows, I think I remember them actually winning a lot of overtime games in 05-06, but that was probably the only year that if they didn't play for a shootout they would have scored.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Here's to hoping for a 7 year streak of 16 wins.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:52 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Keeps on extending his record of 30 win seasons from his rookie year. with a shutout of the Devils.

Unbelievable.

Should be his first 40 win season. Maybe he will break Richter's record of 42 wins, though that may be a little bit of a challenge.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 07:35 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Hen-rik. Hen-rik. Hen-rik.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 07:48 AM
Jocke

Quote:
All I read was . I'm not raining on anyone's parade. Fact is, I'm sure other goalies could have done it with a shootout. Or he wouldn't have done it without a shootout. Nice accomplishment but it's tarnished. Like the Red Wings "winning streak" is tarnished. Sorry that I wasn't all giggles and lollipops. BTW, I bashed him because he had the ability to play like he's playing this year and wasn't. By like this year, I don't mean put up these numbers, but practically flawless and consistent hockey. Last year our D wasn't so much better that his changed changed so much. If he played last year like he is this year, he would have probably been the #2 guy behind Thomas for the Vezina and would have had his best season to that point.
Oh, you mean like all other teams' streaks are tarnished because they played in an era without a salary cap?

Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 07:49 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

What can you say about this guy? He wins with a crap team in front of him, wins with a good team. Brings it might in and night out. With a more than adequate (not lately but still) backup the guy wants in for every game. Compete level, skill, professionalism, great teammate, intensity... The list goes on and on.

Best in the game an finally getting some recognition, hopefully some hardware to go with it.

Bravo.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Chimp

Don't focus so much on the actual record and the "spoiling" of it by the implemented SO. The record is more about Lundqvist immediately being elite right from the start and keeping an unpresented consistency level that probably no other goaltender in the league has matched since he arrived. Lundqvist has at most slumped a month, others struggle for a season. Even on his so called "down year", he was still elite and produced numbers most goalies present on their best season.

Sure, he wasn't exactly 18 when he came here. Sure, the #1 goalie he stole the job from in his rookie season was Kevin Weekes. But who cares? He was a Vezina finalist, the list of goalies he could've stolen the #1 job from would surely enough have been alot longer than just Weekes, he was just that good. Basically every European goaltender has had to play in AHL (most oftenly several seasons!) before becoming a NHL regular, even Hasek. Not Lundqvist.

He has been the backbone and team MVP every single season. He has carried the team to the playoffs, (that probably had no business being there, except before Jagr hurt his shoulder) every single season. As I see it, that's what the record is what it's all about, his elite level of play, world class consistency and relentless work ethics. Not the numbers in itself. Personally, I consider team wins is a useless goalie stat. Still a nice feather in the hat for him.

The day he wins his first Vezina, hopefully this summer, it is very well deserved and as far from a "flash in the pan" season as you can come. Those of you who've read my man-crush posts about Lundqvist have heard all this about two dozen times already. There's a reason this guy so quickly became a strong fan favourite among very critical NYR fans in a high pressure market, where performance, results and hard work means everything. That he's a favourite player and has been considered the best among so many non-Ranger fans and experts says alot. Heck, even Hasek has said he's the best as early as in 08/09, because he knows the importance of consistency and crisp fundamentals.

Last edited by Chimp: 02-28-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:05 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Greatest Goalie Season Ever?

Lundqvist may be on track to have the single greatest goalie season in pro hockey history. Right now he's at 1.75 GA .940 SP 8 SO's

I believe the all-time pro hockey GAA record for a goalie with at least 50 games played is Marty Turco with 1.72 on the Dallas Stars in '02-03. Hank is going to come mighty close. Record for save percentage for goalies with at least 50 GP is Tim Thomas who did it last year with the Bruins, had a .938 and Hank is beating that as of today

Not bad for a guy drafted 205th overall

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote