HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next Year's Lineup

Old
02-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Next Year's Lineup

Thinking about it, the more evident it became to me today. One way or another, Dubinsky needs to be traded this offseason.

4.2 mill for a 3rd liner is too much.

Next year, we also have Kreider, Thomas, Bourque, Fasth, Lindberg, and St. Croix, amongst others vying for roster spots.

We're also clearly geared up to make another big FA splash (Parise?)

Line combos for next year?

Parise-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Anisimov-Thomas
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McDonough-Sauer
Del Zotto-Erixon

Hank
Biron

That's filthy.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 07:30 PM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Thinking about it, the more evident it became to me today. One way or another, Dubinsky needs to be traded this offseason.

Next year, we also have Kreider, Thomas, Bourque, Fasth, Lindberg, and St. Croix, amongst others vying for roster spots.

Parise-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Anisimov-Thomas
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McDonough-Sauer
Del Zotto-Erixon

Hank
Biron

That's filthy.
Looks great on paper, but we'll see what happens. This lineup is assuming that Erixon is ready, albeit for 5/6 d-man minutes, and that both Kreider and Thomas can come in and make an impact.

I don't see anything wrong with:
AA-Stepan-Gaborik
Parise-Richards-Cally
Feds/Kreider-Dubinsky-Hagelin
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

That's only adding Parise to our top 12. Torts likes Feds and he's been a good soldier for us. This would also allow Kreider some time to adapt to the NHL.... Just a thought.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 07:30 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

vCash: 500
Parise-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Anisimov-Miller
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McDonaugh-Sauer
Del Zotto-Erixon

Pretty much the same as yours except for, I have J.T Miller making the team.
I agree, Dubinsky could be traded.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Parise-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Anisimov-Miller
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McDonaugh-Sauer
Del Zotto-Erixon

Pretty much the same as yours except for, I have J.T Miller making the team.
I agree, Dubinsky could be traded.
I think Miller needs 1 more year. I also think Thomas' slow start this year, and dropping prospect status (because of that) is due to the tryout he had to make the team this year and the disappointment and confidence killer it was when he didn't.

He is a bit undersized. But I think he shows up knowing what to expect next training camp.

Old
02-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Parise-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Anisimov-Thomas
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McDonough-Sauer
Del Zotto-Erixon

Hank
Biron

That's filthy.
TRADE GIRARDI@@@@ TRADE GABORIK!!!!!! TRADE DUBINSKY@@@@@@

When will people learn that one bad year does NOT equal a bad player. Dubinsky will be an incredibly important part of our team next year.

Matt4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post

When will people learn that one bad year does NOT equal a bad player. Dubinsky will be an incredibly important part of our team next year.
Dubisnky is an inconsistent 2nd liner at best making 4.2 mill.

I'm not suggesting to trade Gaborik, Girardi, or anyone else.

If his 4.2 mill contract can be substituted by someone who will have equal intensity and production on the ice at 1 mill a season (prospect) and the additional 3.2 can help us sign a bonafide top 3 winger, then clearly you do it.

We have too many 3rd line prospects who bring what Dubi brings for a lot cheaper. It's economics and only logical.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Dubisnky is an inconsistent 2nd liner at best making 4.2 mill.

I'm not suggesting to trade Gaborik, Girardi, or anyone else.

If his 4.2 mill contract can be substituted by someone who will have equal intensity and production on the ice at 1 mill a season (prospect) and the additional 3.2 can help us sign a bonafide top 3 winger, then clearly you do it.

We have too many 3rd line prospects who bring what Dubi brings for a lot cheaper. It's economics and only logical.
Two years ago:

Girardi is a mediocre 4th d-man on a good team at best. He's a UFA, might as well get some value for him.

Last Year:

Gaborik is finally showing his true colors. First year was a fluke, this is the real Gabby. Lazy, floating sniper who isn't even that good. I want more points from a 7.5M player. Trade him for Wayne Simmonds.

This Year:

Dubinsky is making WAY too much money. Ignore his improvements over the past few years, he sucks and always will suck. Trade him for salary cap relief.

Get my drift?

Matt4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Ice Hockey

Quote:

he's been an encridbly impotant part of our team this year (the 2nd half). he's a solid 3rd, maybe 2nd liner and his cap it his quite high even considering how much good he's been playing lately. i think it'd be silly to not even consider going for a player like parise-- even at the expense of trading dubi. you gotta give some to get some.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Two years ago:

Girardi is a mediocre 4th d-man on a good team at best. He's a UFA, might as well get some value for him.

Last Year:

Gaborik is finally showing his true colors. First year was a fluke, this is the real Gabby. Lazy, floating sniper who isn't even that good. I want more points from a 7.5M player. Trade him for Wayne Simmonds.

This Year:

Dubinsky is making WAY too much money. Ignore his improvements over the past few years, he sucks and always will suck. Trade him for salary cap relief.

Get my drift?
You can't compare 2 players and say the same will happen for a 3rd. Gaborik had that talent. Girardi is an amazing story. Dubi is consistently a 50 pt player. His m.o has always been to score in bunches and then drought for a while, and repeat the process. In addition, we also have talented prospects vying for spots (Kreider, Miller, Thomas, Fasth, St. Croix), and we'll also be interested in top free agents such as Parise, or players like Ryan/Nash, via trade.

Gaborik is a 1st line player. Girardi is a 1st pairing defender. Dubinsky is not a 1st or 2nd liner on our team. So essentially we're paying 4.2 mill for a 3rd liner. No matter how much you like a player that's just too much to pay for someone in that role, ESPECIALLY when we have cheaper and equally as talented players who can step in immediately and do the same thing that he does.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:47 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Two years ago:

Last Year:

This Year:

Get my drift?
But Girardi was always steady, consistent and appropriately priced. So it's actually not the same thing.

Dubinsky has had better statistical years, but he has always been very streaky. His worst years are this and the year he held out, in other words right after he gets his money. Dubinsky is playing how he always plays, certainly a victim of his own confidence and decision issues. That's a compliment and a knock. I think he has talent but the hockey IQ is lacking.

Dubinsky can play his way onto any of the lines in New York, but the reality is this is a cap league now. If we need another 1st liner, or another top 6 forward, his contract does not fit in the bottom 6. If the Rangers don't want to roll the dice on what kind of year they are going to get from Brandon, a move has to be made.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Noonan25

I'm on board for Parise, the one guy who would be perfect in blue

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:03 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
You can't compare 2 players and say the same will happen for a 3rd. Gaborik had that talent. Girardi is an amazing story. Dubi is consistently a 50 pt player. His m.o has always been to score in bunches and then drought for a while, and repeat the process. In addition, we also have talented prospects vying for spots (Kreider, Miller, Thomas, Fasth, St. Croix), and we'll also be interested in top free agents such as Parise, or players like Ryan/Nash, via trade.

Gaborik is a 1st line player. Girardi is a 1st pairing defender. Dubinsky is not a 1st or 2nd liner on our team. So essentially we're paying 4.2 mill for a 3rd liner. No matter how much you like a player that's just too much to pay for someone in that role, ESPECIALLY when we have cheaper and equally as talented players who can step in immediately and do the same thing that he does.
This.

Furthermore, people keep talking about Dubi as if he was a consistent 60 point player who is having a down year. When in fact, he has been a 40-45 point player his entire career who had one nice 3-month run in 6 years. Hell, he's going to have to significantly improve his scoring pace to reach 40 points (much less 45) this year. Cancel the two out and... he's a 45 point player.

I get it. He's "heart and soul"; he's homegrown; he's American; he fights occasionally; he called out Crosby in an interview. These are all endearing qualities. But he's overpaid and we need to move him while there are still those who still value him above his actual production.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:15 PM
SouthJerseyRanger

As far as the young guys go, you would have to think that Kreider and Erixon are gonna be good to go with the big club next year. I would let Feds walk, resign Prust and Biron... and of course the big one

Parise to a multi-year deal

Your nightly Rangers lineup

Anisimov - Stepan - Gaborik

Why this works: Another year of maturity for Stepan and Anisimov can only help this line continue to put up big points. Gaborik will be Gaborik if he's healthy, and if Stepan takes that next step forward.. watch out.

Parise - Richards - Callahan

Why this works: why doesn't it work?

Kreider - Dubinsky - Hagelin

Why this works: This one is a little more interesting to me. The key is moving Dubi back to center. Despite his struggles this year, I've found that Dubi seems to be quite adept at using his speed to gain the zone on the rush ala Scott Gomez in his heyday. That might sound downright frightening... but if you put speedsters Kreider and Hagelin around him, I think they could really make things happen. Ya gotta think the speed on this line would give teams WAY more fits than your average 3rd line. EDIT: Not to mention that Dubi seems to be becoming more of a distributor. Hey... more power to ya Dubi, play some center between a couple goal scorers.

Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Why this works: this is basically by default so it better work. But seriously, Boyle and Prust play fine with each other and they should be 4th liners anyway.

As far as the defensive pairings go... I would guess you might have to have a couple of guys learn to play the other side, but if you want 3 pairs of an offensively gifted, puck-moving defenseman paired with a defensive stalwart, you go with Girardi-McDonagh, Staal-Del Zotto, Sauer-Erixon.

Need I analyze the goaltending situation?

I think the addition of Kreider, Parise, and Erixon into this lineup could make the 2012-13 Rangers downright dominating.

SouthJerseyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Noonan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
As far as the young guys go, you would have to think that Kreider and Erixon are gonna be good to go with the big club next year. I would let Feds walk, resign Prust and Biron... and of course the big one

Parise to a multi-year deal

Your nightly Rangers lineup

Anisimov - Stepan - Gaborik

Why this works: Another year of maturity for Stepan and Anisimov can only help this line continue to put up big points. Gaborik will be Gaborik if he's healthy, and if Stepan takes that next step forward.. watch out.

Parise - Richards - Callahan

Why this works: why doesn't it work?

Kreider - Dubinsky - Hagelin

Why this works: This one is a little more interesting to me. The key is moving Dubi back to center. Despite his struggles this year, I've found that Dubi seems to be quite adept at using his speed to gain the zone on the rush ala Scott Gomez in his heyday. That might sound downright frightening... but if you put speedsters Kreider and Hagelin around him, I think they could really make things happen. Ya gotta think the speed on this line would give teams WAY more fits than your average 3rd line. EDIT: Not to mention that Dubi seems to be becoming more of a distributor. Hey... more power to ya Dubi, play some center between a couple goal scorers.

Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Why this works: this is basically by default so it better work. But seriously, Boyle and Prust play fine with each other and they should be 4th liners anyway.

As far as the defensive pairings go... I would guess you might have to have a couple of guys learn to play the other side, but if you want 3 pairs of an offensively gifted, puck-moving defenseman paired with a defensive stalwart, you go with Girardi-McDonagh, Staal-Del Zotto, Sauer-Erixon.

Need I analyze the goaltending situation?

I think the addition of Kreider, Parise, and Erixon into this lineup could make the 2012-13 Rangers downright dominating.
I would love that but wouldn't be able to afford it

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:25 PM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Two years ago:

Last Year:

This Year:

Get my drift?
So true.

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:31 PM
BroadwayHustle

Hi guys, so after months of reading the forums I finally decided to register.

So anyway, if we do sign Parise this offseason, what would you guys think of this?

Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Parise-Richards-Hagelin
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Rupp

Basically, it assumes that Kreider can step in and be productive as the first line LW, but in the process it allows the Rangers to bring back the Pack line and be a much deeper team.

It gives us a 1st line, 2A line, 2B line, 4th line.

BroadwayHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:33 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan25 View Post
I would love that but wouldn't be able to afford it
Pretty certain we could afford it.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Crease

A lot of people are slotting Kreider in the top 6 and Dubinsky on the third line, then saying he's an expensive third liner. Don't get it. Why are we assuming Kreider is going to step in and put up 50 points out of college. And why are we also assuming Dubinsky can't revert back to old self and put up 50 points?

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:40 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Why do you people insist on including Parise in next years lineup?

HE'S NOT COMING HERE!!!!

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:44 PM
BroadwayHustle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
A lot of people are slotting Kreider in the top 6 and Dubinsky on the third line, then saying he's an expensive third liner. Don't get it. Why are we assuming Kreider is going to step in and put up 50 points out of college. And why are we also assuming Dubinsky can't revert back to old self and put up 50 points?
I do think he can revert back to his old self, but I also think Kreider's speed and size allows for it to be the perfect line to compliment Gaborik's speed. It's obviously not a given, but you don't put him into the lineup with the expectation that he isn't going to live up to what he is touted to be as a player.

BroadwayHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:

This.

And that will be after he plays a big role in any playoff successs we have this year.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayHustle View Post
Hi guys, so after months of reading the forums I finally decided to register.

So anyway, if we do sign Parise this offseason, what would you guys think of this?

Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Parise-Richards-Hagelin
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Rupp

Basically, it assumes that Kreider can step in and be productive as the first line LW, but in the process it allows the Rangers to bring back the Pack line and be a much deeper team.

It gives us a 1st line, 2A line, 2B line, 4th line.
Welcome to the boards.

This isn't directed at just your post but, I think Parise is a pipedream at this point. I don't think he leaves Jersey if they continue their strong play, and their weaknesses are addressed in the off-season.

Twenty-nine other teams will be bidding for his services for the most part. He will want a big payout, and superfluous reasons that have been listed here aside, I don't see why he'd be so eager to come here. Being penciled in by people so much at this stage is preemptive, to say the least.

Kreider is also not a lock out of camp, if anything he pulls a Hagelin and gets a call up from the Whale after some injuries. I don't expect him to slide in to the 1st LW spot like that from the get-go. That's also very much wishful-thinking.

It does look like a strong roster on paper though. Especially if you consider this defense:

McD-Girardi
MDZ-Staal
Erixon-Sauer/Wrath/Stralman

or some combination thereof.

If it were to pan out like that, and no one has any slumps or another off-year like Dubinsky. This team will be a cup favorite. Again, it's not likely though.

02-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayHustle View Post
I do think he can revert back to his old self, but I also think Kreider's speed and size allows for it to be the perfect line to compliment Gaborik's speed. It's obviously not a given, but you don't put him into the lineup with the expectation that he isn't going to live up to what he is touted to be as a player.
What's the alternative? Hartford? You can groom scorers on the third line of an NHL squad.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:50 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Parise - Stepan - Gaborik
Kreider - Richards - Callahan
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Hagelin
Prust - Boyle - Rupp

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
Why do you people insist on including Parise in next years lineup?

HE'S NOT COMING HERE!!!!
This is all hypothetical. Stop saying he can't or won't come here. Until he signs a contract somewhere else you are no more right than anyone else.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote