HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ben Bishop To Binghamton

Old
02-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Micklebot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul MacLeans stache View Post
Send down Auld then.
Doesn't really solve the developmental issues with having Lehner or Bishop sitting on the bench though, does it?

Why keep them both up? What benefit does it bring? Any game where Lehner or Bishop gets pulled is likely already lost, so a better back up doesn't really improve anything in that regard.

Both tenders getting starts (one in the NHL and one in the AHL) is best for both the Sens, the baby Sens, and the two prospect Goalies.

Auld can keep the the backup spot on the bench warm until Anderson is back without costing our prospects development time.

Everyone complained about ruining Lehner's development by having him up with the club last year and not getting starts, now you want to do it all over again.

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:10 PM
FreakyBunny

Don't know which 'tend is up these days. However, in the meantime, does having Bishop start a few in Bingo hurt? I kind of like the idea of Lehner looking over his shoulder for the next few years. Andy is going to be our #1 for the next two years. Auld is out of the picture as of July 1. And we've got two guys with oodles of potential who want nothing more than to be our next starter. Of all the moves BM has made this year, this may be the most wonderfully Machiavellian.

FreakyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:13 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I think what would really be ideal is parity and that would work for both clubs. I really don't think goaltending is an issue in Bingo as McKenna has been solid. Lehner hasn't put up the expected numbers but he has a broken defence in front of him and can only pick up so much of the slack.

The Klinkhammer deal has paid huge dividends - I was really hoping we'd get a solid d-man for Bingo...kind of like a Potulny but for defence. That being said - I think one of the 3 goalies should come down to Bingo as it doesn't make any sense to carry 3...Auld (probably not gonna happen), Lehner or Bishop. Or, perhaps when Bishop goes up then Lehner can go down.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:16 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
Bishop has to learn how to play behind a very porous defense in Bingo then when he comes up to Ottawa it won't be a total shock when it happens again.
Was thinking the same thing, except the D in bingo is MUCH worse than the one here relatively.

So lets see what this 'stud' goalie can do behind a terrible team

If Bishop flops in Bingo then one Lehner will REALLY lol @ his twitter harder than when Andy decapitated his pinky

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:22 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I don't think that Bingo's defence is as bad as people make it out to be they are probably just one puck moving defencemen away from being much better. Hopefully Benoit will rejoin the team next yr, if he decides to return from the KHL. That's the kind of defenceman more or less that Bingo needs or T Murray will have to find a similar UFA. The other guys have now been in the AHL a few yrs & should be much better next season.

Boroweicki - Benoit
Wiercioch - Gryba
Raymond - Godfrey
Blood - Wideman
- Wideman could also help Bingo next yr, he is a puck moving defenceman as well. He has spent 4 yrs in school & will be an older more mature prospect.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:34 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Bingo/St.Johns, oh yeah! Haven't been this pumped for an AHL game in.......probably forever.

BISHOP BABY!!

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:49 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Lehner was promised some starts. I expect him to get a couple more then back to Bingo.

Pretty simple folks. Bishop is on a one way deal next year. He is our backup and Lehner in the minors. Murray made it pretty clear in his interview that he would like to see ;ehner get more experience in the minors...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:46 PM
Canuckman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I don't think that Bingo's defence is as bad as people make it out to be they are probably just one puck moving defencemen away from being much better. Hopefully Benoit will rejoin the team next yr, if he decides to return from the KHL. That's the kind of defenceman more or less that Bingo needs or T Murray will have to find a similar UFA. The other guys have now been in the AHL a few yrs & should be much better next season.

Boroweicki - Benoit
Wiercioch - Gryba
Raymond - Godfrey
Blood - Wideman
- Wideman could also help Bingo next yr, he is a puck moving defenceman as well. He has spent 4 yrs in school & will be an older more mature prospect.
Bingos team defence has been terrible. Forwards blowing coverage and d not nearly physical enough around the net and in the d corners. Very few goals are scored in close. Most are from the mid- high slot...

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:14 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
Bust
when does this one liner get old?

DylanSensFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 07:38 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post

Boroweicki - Benoit
Wiercioch - Gryba
Raymond - Godfrey
Blood - Wideman
I sort of agree, and sort of disagree. Raymond and Godfrey are ECHL level players, they are good to fill in spot starts here and there but they are not players you want to roll with all season. Schira has been atrocious this year, I think he's basically just given up and is playing out his contract. So you really only have three AHL caliber defenseman, (Boro, Gryba, Wiercioch).

Notice I left Conboy off the list because he is useless.

I would be astonished if we get Benoit back next season, while I gladly would take him, I doubt it happens.

I know that there are a lot of D prospects in the system, but next year there is a glaring hole for a puck moving d-man. Wiercioch is taking his time developing down here, he is way to timid and still looks un-confident when he has the puck.

Now that the goal situation seems a little more stable, time to focus of getting some offensive minded D-men into the mix.

I still would like to see a goalie drafted this year or next to back fill. Maybe pick someone up that's in juniors to buy a year or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
Bingos team defence has been terrible. Forwards blowing coverage and d not nearly physical enough around the net and in the d corners. Very few goals are scored in close. Most are from the mid- high slot...
This is very true.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:05 AM
operasen

I agree we need to draft Dmen this year, but they will likely be Juniour age guys. Love to get Ceci with our 1st, but who wouldn't.

Borowieki could be up next year as well.

I think the pool is based around Wiercioch, Gryba, Wideman, Blood and maybe Benoit. Murray absolutely needs to sign some bodies who can play. Maybe two.

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
when does this one liner get old?
Would you prefer
- Trade Spezza
- Fire Murray
- Da Costa Sucks
- Filly Don't Do Rebounds

Let me know and I'll update my auto-poster

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:17 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
Would you prefer
- Trade Spezza
- Fire Murray
- Da Costa Sucks
- Filly Don't Do Rebounds

Let me know and I'll update my auto-poster
Da Costa does suck.

White Goodman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Murray could use Bishop as a bargaining chip in the off season because there are at least a handful of teams looking for an up grade.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:51 AM
HSF

HF 10 days ago:

hmmm we should look at drafting another goalie i can believe our goaltending depth is so weak

HF today:

this makes no sense now we have too many goalies....

Let me make it simple for you guys.

1. Auld will remain here and stay as the backup
2. Bishop will get NHL games as soon as Lehner looks like he cant handle it
3. When Andy comes back we go back to Andy/Auld combo with Bishop and Lehner in the AHL
4. Next year the goalies battle it out in camp and we go form there

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:15 AM
newtron

Just heard Goodie Wilson on the Team12000. He says that Murray told him this morning that Bishop will start tonight for Bingo and play at least one of their two games this weekend. He will then join Ottawa. Goodie says that Murray inferred that Bishop will more than likely play in one of Ottawa's two upcoming road games (either Sunday vs. FLA or Tues vs. TB).

I love all the competition that exists now.... next year should be interesting. Trading for Bishop also allows the Murrays to target more d-men in the draft, rather than using a high pick on a tender. Not sure if we can draft Mathieu Chouinard again anyways.

Still not sure what is going to happen when Anderson comes back. From following Bingo, it appears as though McKenna has been the better goalie down there. It'll be a real kick in the stones for him if he gets sent to Elmira, so that Bishop and Lehner can play for Bingo. Thems the breaks, I suppose.

newtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:51 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I like the goalie situation in Ottawa now, I expect that Auld will be let go at the end of the season with Bishop set to replace him as the backup in Ottawa next yr. Lehner hopefully, will return to Bingo next season & continue to develop. I expect that by the 2013 or 2014 draft that the Sens could draft a goalie if who they like falls to them or they go after him. They could always go the route of Bishop & wait their time until a good young goalie becomes available. What are the chances of either McKenna or Stewart being re-signed in Bingo or do you think they will go after someone better?

Anderson - is 30 yrs old
Bishop - is 25 yrs old
Lehner - is 20 yrs old

The defence is where they need to improve within the organization in Ottawa & in Bingo. I like the addition of Gilroy, I think he will help move the puck out of our end & put up points. I imagine that they will draft a defenceman this yr as well & I hope that Boro, Gryba & Weircioch all take a giant step forward next season. I also hope that next season they find another good young defenceman who could be made available at some point to trade for. Murray could find a good young UFA defenceman this summer.

Ottawa also needs to improve their top 6 forwards, that may change next season with the addition of Silfverberg & Zimba but who knows. I think the weakest links at the moment are Daugavins, Butler & Condra at forward. Butler & Condra are signed for next yr so unless they are traded they will be here. My guess is that Konopka, Winchester & maybe Regin may not be re-signed although Regin may be too young & too good to give up on just yet. Filatov is another guy who may or may not return but he will be in tough to make Ottawa, he may have to return to Bingo. I hope Murray can also bid on & sign a good young UFA forward this summer, one good UFA defenceman & one good UFA forward would be nice. I expect that Bingo will be a much improved team next season with the returnees & the addition of some pretty good young players. Really exciting yr so far & looks great for the future.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtron View Post

Still not sure what is going to happen when Anderson comes back. From following Bingo, it appears as though McKenna has been the better goalie down there. It'll be a real kick in the stones for him if he gets sent to Elmira, so that Bishop and Lehner can play for Bingo. Thems the breaks, I suppose.
McKenna is not going to Elmira, he has a 2 way deal w/ Ottawa..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote