HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

2-27-12 Kings @ Preds (Today's other big thing)

Old
02-27-2012, 09:39 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Awesome game to be at. We looked great!

Josi is amazing best game I've seen him play yet. Same with hillen.

This team is special, ive never felt this optimistic before.

Go preds

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:43 PM
analogkid
Thread Killer

Preds Win! (I dodged a karma bullet on that one!)

analogkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:49 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I bet Datsyuk scores
Could Datsyuk score Carrie Underwood though

Last edited by klt2001: 02-27-2012 at 10:15 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:53 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

An up and down game but some bright spots from Josi and Hillen. I thought Hillen's interview after the first was interesting. Really seems like he is frustrated with his playing time. Good for him tonight, though. All in all, I will gladly take the 2 points from this game and hope tomorrow that the new additions spark energetic back to back wins.

FlexinMyPeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:54 PM
klt2001

Down to the second win but win none the less. Good job Preds. I figured it would be a close/tight game since we lost to the Kings the last time we played them and plus their addition of Carter on their team. So happy for a win. Now to the next game w/ the new added traded players joining in.

Last edited by klt2001: 02-27-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old
02-27-2012, 09:56 PM
predfan98

Hillel played really well tonight

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:58 PM
klt2001

The young defenseman looked great tonight.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:09 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Had a few friends over for dinner so wasn't able to watch the see the whole game. 2 pts, 4 back of detroit, baba ba ba baaa, I'm lovin it.

Only 11minutes for Smith. Either him or Bourque have to go the Ads with the additions made today.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:13 PM
klt2001

I like how this team scores/plays by committee. Never know who your threat will be. Each game it's different or another player stepping up.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:18 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Only 11minutes for Smith. Either him or Bourque have to go the Ads with the additions made today.
Why? There roster limit is gone following the deadline and the team is now limited to four call ups from the minors unless under emergency conditions.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:27 PM
klt2001

http://video.predators.nhl.com/video...id=DL|NSH|home

Old
02-27-2012, 10:45 PM
swissexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Josi is amazing best game I've seen him play yet.
2G, 2A, +4 in his last 3 games!

Last edited by swissexpert: 02-28-2012 at 01:51 AM.
swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Why? There roster limit is gone following the deadline and the team is now limited to four call ups from the minors unless under emergency conditions.
I'm sure the players don't mind, seems unfair to me though to bench one or the other, or to scratch them completely which is a real possibility down the stretch with the additions made.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Hahaha nice pun NHL

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:19 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Hi Preds fans. I come in peace.

Your team played a really good game tonight. Deserved the win.

I have to admit that I was bothered a bit by your announcing team. Aside from Pete Weber mispronouncing Voynov's name every time he touched the puck (it's pronounced just like it's spelled, not 3-syllabled "Voy-AH-nov" like he kept saying it), I saw a few times where the homerism got a little out of hand and I was wondering if this is common or an isolated incident.

For instance:

That's not offside. It's not even close. A former player and coach like Crisp should know better. The puck crosses the line when the other skaters cross it. This is why I was confused by the reactions from Weber and Crisp. There were a handful of other times during the game when this happened as well with other calls/non-calls.

What are your thoughts on the announcing team?

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Predshockey17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Hi Preds fans. I come in peace.

Your team played a really good game tonight. Deserved the win.

I have to admit that I was bothered a bit by your announcing team. Aside from Pete Weber mispronouncing Voynov's name every time he touched the puck (it's pronounced just like it's spelled, not 3-syllabled "Voy-AH-nov" like he kept saying it), I saw a few times where the homerism got a little out of hand and I was wondering if this is common or an isolated incident.

For instance:

That's not offside. It's not even close. A former player and coach like Crisp should know better. The puck crosses the line when the other skaters cross it. This is why I was confused by the reactions from Weber and Crisp. There were a handful of other times during the game when this happened as well with other calls/non-calls.

You're telling me #16 for the Kings doesn't cross the line before the puck does?

Predshockey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:49 AM
predwings

It wasn't offsides but these things are hard to notice when you're not watching constant instant-replays. Pete and Terry aren't homers about 95% of the time old age is just causing them a hard time to see action at that speed. I really wish we'd get new announcers anyways...Pete and Terry ramble about half the time and sometimes during the best parts of the game. Plus the "head on a swivel" quip they use every 10 seconds gets really annoying.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:09 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predshockey17 View Post
You're telling me #16 for the Kings doesn't cross the line before the puck does?
#16 is up in the rafters (Marcel Dionne).

The player in question is Mike Richards #10, and yes, I am saying he was not offside.

See the screen capture below of the moment the player crossed the line:

Certainly it was not so blatant to elicit a response by Pete and Terry, right? They made it sound like Richards was 10 yards over the line.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:41 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Certainly it was not so blatant to elicit a response by Pete and Terry, right? They made it sound like Richards was 10 yards over the line.
So one mis-seen offsides call is enough to label them blatant homers?

I'm sure they didn't go back and review a replay of it, because they're not blatant homers. If they had, they would have corrected themselves. In fact, they're generally some of the more fair announcers out there. It was apparently close enough that it required a frame-by-frame inspection of the video to be sure.

PS. You might want to inform your fan base that stereotypes are really ignorant. While there are some people in the South that are rednecks, bumpkins or white trash, it is not true for the vast majority of us. I'll avoid casting dispersions and will simply note that in my travels, I've found people to be the same everywhere, and stereotypes to be wrong nearly everywhere.

Last edited by wadesworld: 02-28-2012 at 01:50 AM.
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:49 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

How are they homers if they thought he was offside? Sorry their old eyes cant keep up, but they arent homers.

I do want new announcers. Tom Callahan actually gives a play by play

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:30 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
So one mis-seen offsides call is enough to label them blatant homers?
I said it wasn't the only thing they did. I lost count. This was just one of the more blatant examples.

Quote:
It was apparently close enough that it required a frame-by-frame inspection of the video to be sure.
Exactly, it was a very close play and upon inspection not even offsides at all. Which is why I was wondering why both announcers made such a big deal about it.

Quote:
PS. You might want to inform your fan base that stereotypes are really ignorant. While there are some people in the South that are rednecks, bumpkins or white trash, it is not true for the vast majority of us. I'll avoid casting dispersions and will simply note that in my travels, I've found people to be the same everywhere, and stereotypes to be wrong nearly everywhere.
I don't know where you are coming from with that last statement. Terry Crisp is from Canada, so pointing out his flaws (or that he sounds like Bullwinkle at times) casts no stereotypes on your fan base, but rather on him.

I am impressed with your fanbase, which is why I asked my question of how you can tolerate your TV announcing team. I guess I was expecting more from them.

Old
02-28-2012, 04:01 AM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Could Datsyuk score Carrie Underwood though

Pinguinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:31 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Pete Weber usually does a damn good job. Terry Crisp, though, goes on long rants about nothing. And his eyes aren't what they used to be. He kept saying it was Kostitsyn(I think) that scored the 2nd goal when it was blatantly obvious that it was Hornqvist. But, all in all they aren't bad. Crisp also likes to tell everyone exactly what each player is thinking in his head at the time of each play. Can be annoying.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:52 AM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Pete Weber usually does a damn good job. Terry Crisp, though, goes on long rants about nothing. And his eyes aren't what they used to be. He kept saying it was Kostitsyn(I think) that scored the 2nd goal when it was blatantly obvious that it was Hornqvist. But, all in all they aren't bad. Crisp also likes to tell everyone exactly what each player is thinking in his head at the time of each play. Can be annoying.
Haha I noticed that watching the highlights this morning, thought I needed my eyes checked again! Thought those numbers on the helmets were meant to stop this

Pinguinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 06:55 AM
klt2001

Our announcers are just old and blind; half the time they (meaning Terry Crisp) don't even get our own player's name right that did the scoring or caused a penalty, etc. I actually get a chuckle out of it. I don't think it's intentional though. They are just old and their eyes aren't like it used to be. So give them a break. They generally are pretty fair/neutral in their broadcasting imo.

Last edited by klt2001: 02-28-2012 at 07:14 AM.