HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Botta on Chris Kreider (All Kreider discussion)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2012, 05:57 PM
  #251
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,473
vCash: 1738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
Not saying you're wrong but I'm pretty sure a few of his teammates left after the season last year for the A, and then ended up finishing their semester after the AHL season.
You are correct. Atkinson joined Columbus in late March of last year after BC's season ended.

Quote:
The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed Boston College forward Cam Atkinson to a two-year, entry-level contract.

Columbus General Manager Scott Howson announced the move Sunday.

The 21-year-old forward from Connecticut logged 31 goals and 21 assists in 39 games this year during his junior season with Boston College, which won the national championship last year.

Atkinson finished his career there with 68 goals, 56 assists and 86 penalty minutes in 117 games.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...53308507_x.htm

azrok22 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 05:58 PM
  #252
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 50,440
vCash: 561
*Commences drooling*

Anything over Mitchell really.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 05:58 PM
  #253
CH2
Registered User
 
CH2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
Not saying you're wrong but I'm pretty sure a few of his teammates left after the season last year for the A, and then ended up finishing their semester after the AHL season.
Cam Atkinson played in Springfield and commuted back to BC to finish classes. When they traveled, he traveled and did his school work then. He was around for his finals. It'll be tough for Kreider to commute to BC for his classes from NY.

CH2 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 05:59 PM
  #254
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
finals at bc are may 8 - 15. i'm sure they'll figure it out.
you can usually defer finals anyways...that could also be a possibility...

ChrisKreider20 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 06:01 PM
  #255
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,007
vCash: 500
Although I'm not sure how Tortorella would feel about inserting a young kid with 0 pro experience into a NHL playoff lineup on a likely #1 team. You see how long it took a former All Star defenseman like Marc Staal to acclimate to just a bottom pairing role whilst missing training camp. Now BC hockey is good but the fitness is not at Tortorella level, and Kreider would not be burning a year of ELS to play 6 minutes a game at 4th line LW.

We would have to be

A. Completely clown away with Chris or
B. Completely decimated by injuries or
C. Absolutely desperate for offense

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 06:01 PM
  #256
Two Tone Malone
Let Blaine Die
 
Two Tone Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
#91?
He has worn 20 for USA. It's safe to assume that he'll take that number b/c of Richards.

Two Tone Malone is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 06:06 PM
  #257
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 13,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Although I'm not sure how Tortorella would feel about inserting a young kid with 0 pro experience into a NHL playoff lineup on a likely #1 team. You see how long it took a former All Star defenseman like Marc Staal to acclimate to just a bottom pairing role whilst missing training camp. Now BC hockey is good but the fitness is not at Tortorella level, and Kreider would not be burning a year of ELS to play 6 minutes a game at 4th line LW.

We would have to be

A. Completely clown away with Chris or
B. Completely decimated by injuries or
C. Absolutely desperate for offense
Meh. Kreider's been working out and playing all season. I'm not that concerned about his fitness level.

I agree though. I'm not sure there's any reason to burn a year on his ELC.

Can dream about the havoc a line with him and Hagelin could wreak in the playoffs though.

Tawnos is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 06:07 PM
  #258
TheKing30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Chris Kreider?

With the rangers not getting any offensive players at the deadline what do you think the chances that Kreider will be in the lineup this year, I would rather have him in the lineup in the playoffs than Bickel if he has to play foward

TheKing30 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 06:14 PM
  #259
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,007
vCash: 500
Well Chris is fast but he isn't Hagelin in the sense that Gaborik isn't Hagelin.

Kreider uses his speed more like Marian. He isn't gunning up and down the ice, being the first man on the forecheck and then the first man on the backcheck every play. The only reason Hagelin can do that is because he is a fitness freak. He might be one of the best conditioned athletes in the National Hockey League. And even with Carl you see his effectiveness decrease a little when you shift him from 3rd line up to 2nd.

Chris isn't going to be able to play like Hags. And because he doesn't have a grinding type personality, he is going to need to score to be visible. I've said it before I think Kreider will either need to make an impact as a top 6 player or undergo a serious period of refinement in his game, quite possibly in Hartford to change himself into a big physical 3rd line checker.

Obviously we hope it is the first because we desperately need a scoring LW.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 06:37 PM
  #260
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,798
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
No offense to the beat writers, but I think they're giving too much credence to Sather. Kreider hasn't busted his butt at school so he can sign with the Rangers when he's in the last month of his senior academic year. He's going to finish out the semester. Book it.
He can probably take his finals in the summer.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
ECL is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 06:51 PM
  #261
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,872
vCash: 350
Who called it?

KingWantsCup is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 06:56 PM
  #262
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,450
vCash: 500
Has he ever fought anybody in college hockey...like toe to toe throwing them ? Does he play a physical game or just every now and then be physical ? I hear all this stuff about him and then I read he could be a checking 3rd liner ...that's scary . I've never watched him play...so please understand my wanting to know from those that do know !

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 07:16 PM
  #263
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,025
vCash: 883
I really can't see him playing a game this year. What's the rush and who would he replace in the line up?

WeWillWinTonight is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 07:49 PM
  #264
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,908
vCash: 500
A couple of other points to consider about Kreider signing - and maybe playing:

1) The CBA is about to expire - who knows what the rules will be under the new one?
2) For those worried about Kreider perhaps sitting out a year and bolting to the Bruins or some other team (not that I am), consider this: "well, kid, if you stick with us, we'll sign you right away and give you a shot and playing in the Stanley Cup finals immediately. With a first place team. And you'll get to UFA a year earlier."
3) Unless I'm mistaken, he is the only amateur to have played with the US WC team last year.

I think there's at least a 50% chance we see him. ESPECIALLY since we didn't get Nash.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 07:56 PM
  #265
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,788
vCash: 500
Hell most of us were aching to see this guy on the roster this year. Does it really matter if its at the start or a beginning? What if he needed time in the A if he had gone pro this summer? What if an injury cost him some games. If he can play, and he is one of the better Rangers in the organization tomorrow, then why doesn't he play? Scoring or no scoring touch he will look like McDonaugh playing forward. Kid can fly.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 09:23 PM
  #266
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Chris Botta ‏ @ChrisBottaNHL
Without naming him, Glen Sather pretty much acknowledged Chris Kreider will sign and be a lineup option for #NYR in April.

So yeah I am drooling

poeman is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 09:24 PM
  #267
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
? Do we have a 20 already?
He wears #19 at BC

RGY is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 09:26 PM
  #268
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck Good Answer View Post
He has worn 20 for USA. It's safe to assume that he'll take that number b/c of Richards.
i forgot he wore 20

RGY is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 09:32 PM
  #269
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 8,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Chris Botta ‏ @ChrisBottaNHL
Without naming him, Glen Sather pretty much acknowledged Chris Kreider will sign and be a lineup option for #NYR in April.

So yeah I am drooling

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 09:33 PM
  #270
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
A couple of other points to consider about Kreider signing - and maybe playing:

1) The CBA is about to expire - who knows what the rules will be under the new one?
2) For those worried about Kreider perhaps sitting out a year and bolting to the Bruins or some other team (not that I am), consider this: "well, kid, if you stick with us, we'll sign you right away and give you a shot and playing in the Stanley Cup finals immediately. With a first place team. And you'll get to UFA a year earlier."
3) Unless I'm mistaken, he is the only amateur to have played with the US WC team last year.

I think there's at least a 50% chance we see him. ESPECIALLY since we didn't get Nash.
He also did it in the prior year, which is why I would believe that the Rangers feel comfortable allowing to jump into the pros. Again, Cerny basically said during a recent chat that the Rangers expect Kreider to be in the top six next year, and put up 20+ goals. Those are the expectations for the kid. All of the amateur scouts here can debate the merits of that taking place, but, that is what the organization's forecast for this kid is.

jas is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 09:35 PM
  #271
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,297
vCash: 500
Man if Kredier actually is on our roster in the next 2 months or so..Just hope it isn't a mistake to rush him

Rangerfan4life90 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 09:40 PM
  #272
vladmyir111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
that first paragraph makes no sense...i dont really understand what youre talking about?

regarding Kreiders speed, if you havent seen him on a consistent basis, then you just flat out have no clue. Chris could come into the NHL today...and be the fastest player in the league. Right now. No questions asked. He's that effing fast.
I'll flat out tell you he isn't the fastest skater in the NHL anymore than he is faster than Hagelin. Stop it with the shiny new toy syndrome. I just hope he can score 20 goals sometime in the next 3 years.

vladmyir111 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 09:41 PM
  #273
vladmyir111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Well Chris is fast but he isn't Hagelin in the sense that Gaborik isn't Hagelin.

Kreider uses his speed more like Marian. He isn't gunning up and down the ice, being the first man on the forecheck and then the first man on the backcheck every play. The only reason Hagelin can do that is because he is a fitness freak. He might be one of the best conditioned athletes in the National Hockey League. And even with Carl you see his effectiveness decrease a little when you shift him from 3rd line up to 2nd.

Chris isn't going to be able to play like Hags. And because he doesn't have a grinding type personality, he is going to need to score to be visible. I've said it before I think Kreider will either need to make an impact as a top 6 player or undergo a serious period of refinement in his game, quite possibly in Hartford to change himself into a big physical 3rd line checker.

Obviously we hope it is the first because we desperately need a scoring LW.
Careful man I just had a 3 page argument yesterday with people who swear he is the fastest player in the NHL already.

vladmyir111 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 09:44 PM
  #274
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
We burned a year off of Erixon this year to play in Hartford. If it improves our chances I think he's gonna come up.
Erixon was going to burn a year off his elc mo matter where he played this year. Not the same thing at all.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 09:56 PM
  #275
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 500
Do not want to see Kreider play for the NYR this season unless we are decimated with injuries.

wolfgaze is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.