HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Mike Richards

It's time to call a spade a spade...I like him but the honeymoon is over.

Mike Richards has been a colossal disappointment for the Kings this season.

This is not an attack on Lombardi or trying to discuss what the guys we gave up are doing for Philly. I liked the trade at the time, and I still like it long term, but Richards production this season can no longer be defended and if this team misses the playoffs his lack of production will be one of the main reasons, if not THE main reason.

I realize the point per game seasons may be a thing of the past, but come on, 31 points in 55 games. That is a 45 point pace over a full season, simply unacceptable for a player of his abilities and salary. I appreciate that he contributes excellent defense and all around play, but we need offense from him down the stretch to get into the playoffs.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Just wait until lombardi is gone. Dean won't last too much longer.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Oh it's you again. And this topic.

That's cute.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Just wait until lombardi is gone. Dean won't last too much longer.
I am not one to defend Lombardi and you know my feelings on what a disaster he has been.

But he can't be blamed for this one. There is simply no defense for MR's lack of production this season.

If MR is scoring at a 70 point pace this season we are a playoff team, period.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:49 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Mike Richards had his eggs scrambled by Bergenheim and since returning has been skating with two of the dumbest human beings to ever lace up skates for long portions of the season.

Doesn't excuse his lack of scoring, and I think he'd be the first to admit that. But even tonight, his line was the only one that looked dangerous while cycling in the Preds zone and didn't stick to the perimeter.

MR's lack of production certainly isn't helping us, but I'm not ready to lay the season's downfall at his feet like you're suggesting either.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:53 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

You act like he is the only guy underperforming. Kopi, Brown, Williams etc. are all well off their career averages.

It just doesn't happen that your top 5, 6, hell 10 forwards have a "snake-bit" year at the same time.

Yes, their have been some lackadaisical efforts, but in large it's the system.

At years' end, barring a ridiculous run, Dean and likely Sutter will be fired.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:55 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Let me know when you're serious about leaving our forum again.

I'm glad he didn't leave. You newbees should hit the road though really. You still want to defend Hunter on the pp again????

Old
02-27-2012, 09:56 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I am not one to defend Lombardi and you know my feelings on what a disaster he has been.

But he can't be blamed for this one. There is simply no defense for MR's lack of production this season.

If MR is scoring at a 70 point pace this season we are a playoff team, period.
Hmm, I don't know about that. I don't think Lombardi did his homework on Richards. The guy just isn't that good. Statistically speaking, he's not an upgrade over Simmonds even before this season.

I find it ironic that Dean claims to be a fan of the moneyball system. Trading an undervalued player (Simmonds) for an over valued player (Richards) is a very un Billy Bean type move.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Don't worry about who he is.

Why the **** are you back?
Oh cool you look tough by saying **** ...how awesome.

You can ignore me if you want. I would ignore you but your opinions are one of the funniest things on this board.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

For Reference

Posted this in the Kopitar thread (does not include today's totals).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
From 2007-08 to 2010-11, Kopitar had 297 points in 321 games. This year, 51 points in 62 games. Down 11.1%.
From 2007-08 to 2010-11, Brown had 226 points in 322 games. This year, 35 points in 62 games. Down 19.6%.
From 2009-10 to 2010-11 (since he broke out), Doughty had 99 points in 158 games. This year, 27 points in 57 games. Down 24.4%.
From 2007-08 to 2010-11, Richards had 283 points in 315 games. This year, 31 points in 54 games. Down 36.1%.
From 2007-08 to 2010-11, Stoll had 167 points in 310 games. This year, 18 points in 58 games. Down 42.4%.
From 2007-08 to 2010-11, Penner had 192 points in 323 games. This year, 13 points in 45 games. Down 51.4%.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:58 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Another great contribution. Once again I left because there was a disease on this board. And that disease is gone.

I have nothing against MR. I love him as a player. His all around game is amazing. But he needs to score at more than a 45 point pace.

Oh, and how is your favorite player Ethan Moreau doing.
As I recall, the disease you speak of were the posters, not TM.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:59 PM
funky

You could make the thread about the following players:

Kopitar - no courage this year
Richards - think his eggs were scrambles, shut him down, always next year
Doughty - showing signs of life after a 2 year hibernation
Brown - captain calm, please get mad
Penner - he shouldn't be as bad as he has been
Stoll - hands dont match his intensity
Scuderi - when good we dont hear his name, havent seen that lately
Clifford - I will excuse him as he is growing and sophmore slump
Greene - dumber then an Ox
Gagne - looked lost before his injury
Richardson - deserves to be in AHL
Lewis - woke up for brief stints lately
Loktionov - even as a rookie, too much skill for 7 points
****Lombardi***** - ya any G.M coulda got Carter, you waited to long...and Sutter.......WTF were you thinking.........let the boys open it up, play with hunger, play with their instincts

Its either a mental thing from Murray programming them like mindless robots, or a complete coaching massacre. These guys are not this bad

Old
02-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Winger23

Penner: 5 goals. 8 Assists.
Stoll: 5 goals. 10 assists (before his 3 last game)

End thread.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

As a huge Richards fan and supporter of the trade both now and long-term, I am a little disappointed in the season he has had.

There are many factors that go into it. A concussion which seems to have sapped some of his tenacity. Playing with Stoll and Penner for a huge chunk of the season is laughable, and the experiment on the wing was predictably unsuccessful. I feel like he has hit more posts, been robbed by amazing saves, or just missed goals an astounding amount of times.

All that said, he has to do more. He has only had a couple big hits this season, hasn't been a threat shorthanded since the injury, and has had a few just horrible plays that have resulted in goals (like tonight).

I'm still waiting for him to turn beast-mode on that I was expecting to get. Maybe it won't come until next season. That would be a shame, but I am willing to give him more time.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:04 PM
tomd

Unfortunately Mike Richards is one of the top 5 overrated players in the NHL and is THE most overrated player on this board.

If we were talking about someone else who was less idolized then this would be a much more objective discussion.

Unfortunately you can't criticize holiness and live to tell about it.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:05 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Richards, although not great, has been fine.

Believe me, Richards production wouldn't even be questioned if it weren't for Simmonds putting up the type of season he's having at PHI.

Besides, I tend to give Richards the benefit of doubt that maybe he's just not quite 100% since returning from his concussion.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 02-27-2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: removed stuff
Old
02-27-2012, 10:05 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

What a great thread about a great player at precisely the right time.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:07 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Unfortunately Mike Richards is one of the top 5 overrated players in the NHL and is THE most overrated player on this board.

If we were talking about someone else who was less idolized then this would be a much more objective discussion.

I'm gonna address you as our Negative Nancy. Not one post of yours has been anything but negative.

Negative Nancy - go find yourself a lady friend. You need it.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Believe me, Richards production wouldn't even be questioned if it weren't for Simmonds putting up the type of season he's having at PHI.
That is BS. A player we gave up significant assets for, that was an Olympian, that is paid as much as he is. This has nothing to do with Simmonds or Schenn. Even if Wayne had 10 goals and Schenn was in the AHL, a 45 point pace is ridiculous for someone like Richards.

If anyone had said during camp that Richards would have 31 points in 55 games we all would have thrown up. He needs to start producing for this team to have a shot at the playoffs, do you agree?

Old
02-27-2012, 10:11 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
That is BS. A player we gave up significant assets for, that was an Olympian, that is paid as much as he is. This has nothing to do with Simmonds or Schenn. Even if Wayne had 10 goals and Schenn was in the AHL, a 45 point pace is ridiculous for someone like Richards.

If anyone had said during camp that Richards would have 31 points in 55 games we all would have thrown up. He needs to start producing for this team to have a shot at the playoffs, do you agree?
Well, our entire offense is struggling so, I'm little more understanding than you.

And like I said, the concussion he suffered has to factor in to his struggle since returning, but you may not see it that way.

Prior to his concussion, he was our BEST player!

Old
02-27-2012, 10:12 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

All I'm gonna say is I thought we were getting a better player than this.

Old
Winger23

Quote:

This post is full of so much crap it's not even funny.

Old
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

There's no denying that in the second half of the season, Mike Richards has been a disappointment. He was brought in to produce as the 1B center and he hasn't. But with that said, it's still way too premature to say that he's not working out or is never going to work out here in LA.

They hit the restart button hiring a new coach, but remnants of the previous coaching regime still remain and the Kings need a fresh start and a set identity to realize exactly what type of team they are. What we are saying about Mike Richards can be said about any forward on the team. Has there been any forward who has consistently been productive or someone we can consider as the best player on the team this season? I'd say no, absolutely not.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:14 PM
no name

Quote:

You've wasted 8 years of building up a reputation over the course of 3 months. You have to know the way you have come accross lately.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Winger23

Quote:

Again, as pointed out over, and over, and over. his line mates for most of the year were Stoll and Penner. You can see the difference now playing with Carter and King. Night and day. He hit 2 posts last game, and was on the best line in the game tonight.

Closed Thread