HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#63 KINGS v. PREDATORS, 2/27/12 ... 2-1 Loss

Old
02-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Winger23

vCash: 500
I really can't wait for a change in regime. The Kings top 6 will be very very good with the right system and a coach that allows creativity.

Winger23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ru4reals

Another loooooooong off season! Yikes!

ru4reals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Here we go again.

I think some of you guys rather us play without a coach.

And a GM.

And a team president.

And...an owner.
They wouldn't score any less, that I assure you.

Winger23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Yea c'mon guys give Nashville a lot of credit.

That is a really good team that is going to go deep in the playoffs. They are built for it. And they are also on something like a 14 game home winning streak.

Can't win them all. We should be happy that the Kings showed some fight their in the end and didn't go down easy. Sloppy game in many regards, but i'll take a 2-1 against a smothering team like Nashville.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

playoffs are out of sight...

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

You guys really are so predictable.

Blame a coach after a loss.

Again, I have no idea why I come into the PGTs after a loss. Must be the masochism in me.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:42 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I think we're coming around. Tons of chances tonight, not much finish, but looked like the lines had good chemistry. I don't know if the playoffs are coming but it'll be damn close.
I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work, there, Lou.

At this stage of the season losing is losing, and we're still out of a playoff spot.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Here we go again.

And a GM.

And a team president.

And...an owner.
Yep. How often do you hear on this board, it isn't our fault we lost. The other team is just better coached and more well drilled. Probably no coach, owner, or GM will change that, going as far as Nashville goes every year says a lot about Trotz as a coach. Well, that's why we lost, but how many will say that?

Fact is, if you play against Suter/Weber/Gill/Rinne on the ROAD...you lose when you give up 2 goals, more often than not. That's all on Nashville being great.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
MynameisKing

I love the cycling and all, but c'mon u do that when you have a lead! Yeah, we got chances, but what we needed we 5x more than what we usually get.

The problem with cycling in this era is most teams just wait for you in the slot and wait for you to come to them as suppose to other eras where it was usually one on one coverage. Defenders don't chase after a lost board battle they just fall back into the slot and protect home plate.

The whole point of cycling was to tire your opponent until they get a step behind you or miss an assignment which happened a lot in years past but the strategy now is default whatever happens drop back into coverage. End result are Kings fighting through 5 defenders for a big chunk of the game!

Look at the Preds. Both goals were scored when not all Kings were back in defensive position (though one was a blatant turnover).

MynameisKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Malice430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
That's basically the main goal now this season: stay ahead of the tards from Anaheim.
thats what ive been hoping for. even more than making the playoffs. imagine how embarassing it would be for the ducks to get in and not the kings

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work, there, Lou.

At this stage of the season losing is losing, and we're still out of a playoff spot.
We're not going to make the playoffs. This team dug too many holes.

I accepted that a few weeks ago. Could have traded for Nash and I'd feel the same way. It's a hard fact but I'd be shocked if I'm wrong.

I'm thinking all about next year at this point. I want the top two lines to come around. If they do, we probably still won't make the playoffs, but it will bode well.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:45 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Yea c'mon guys give Nashville a lot of credit.

That is a really good team that is going to go deep in the playoffs. They are built for it. And they are also on something like a 14 game home winning streak.

Can't win them all. We should be happy that the Kings showed some fight their in the end and didn't go down easy. Sloppy game in many regards, but i'll take a 2-1 against a smothering team like Nashville.
Totally agree that Nashville deserves credit, but it's not like they're unbeatable, especially given the team we have "on paper" (yes, that phrase again). They've given up 4 goals 4 times this month, and around a month ago both C-bus and Minny were able to put up a 4 spot on them.

To me, this game was frustrating and disappointing because it casts such a glaring spotlight on how deficient our team is against a squad that knows how to play some semblance of defense... even though there were 20 games remaining and we sit outside the playoff picture.

The intensity and desperation we showed in the last 2 minutes should have been visible way earlier in the game.

But still, most importantly... WHAT THE **** WAS PENNER DOING ON THE ICE WITH MERE MINUTES LEFT TO PLAY??

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:46 PM
ShattStar03

I'm honestly trying to think how Dean Lombardi could stick with this kind of hockey? I believe even Penner could improve his production with a different type of philosophy in play.

Is Dean intellectually lazy? Is Dean to proud to admit his system is a failure? I truly do not get how no changes to the system can be made.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:50 PM
johnjm22

Evenly played game that could've gone either way.

When you're playing against Nashville, in Nashville, you're literally playing one of the best teams in the league. They're what, 10-0-1 there in their last 11?

All losses are tough, but I don't think there's any reason to get upset about this one. We must get 2 points tomorrow though.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:51 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Quote:
Here we go again.

And a GM.

And a team president.

And...an owner.

Sure! Is that legal? Let's do it!

I said I wasn't happy with TM 2.0 before we hired him, but I gave him a chance. That chance is now over because there has been little to no improvement.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:52 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
I'm honestly trying to think how Dean Lombardi could stick with this kind of hockey? I believe even Penner could improve his production with a different type of philosophy in play.

Is Dean intellectually lazy? Is Dean to proud to admit his system is a failure? I truly do not get how no changes to the system can be made.
Doesn't the Sutter hire answer this question? Lombardi's ship is tied to this type of hockey because that's what he wants. There will be no drastic change under Lombardi

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
With the kings out of the playoffs, you can just give hank the vezina now. His 8th shutout tonight.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:55 PM
lumbergh

Nashville absolutely shut down the slot area in front of Rinne tonight. Hard to score if you can't get to the middle. The Kings lone goal came off of a broken play in the slot.

The Kings need to use the point shot more against a team like this.

lumbergh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
- Richards with the all-out play at the end to prevent the empty net. What a gamer.
I realize based on your name and avatar that you probably don't want to hear this, but if he was "a gamer" on Nashville's second goal we probably go to at least OT. Hell, Trevor Lewis probably wouldn't have played that so poorly, and that's saying something.

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯Until April

Two lucky ****ing bounces for Nashville and they were able to just lock it down after that.

I'm not ashamed of the Kings' play tonight; I'm just pissed at the hockey gods that we rarely seem to get those bounces. That second one was home-rink advantage at play...how many times did you see the Preds just bank it off the backboards and have a guy ready at the other side? After we hit a post at the other end, no less?

Argh. Cursed.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Bandit

We are 5 wins behind the closest playoff team. We're screwed.

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:06 PM
redcard

Cycle, Cycle, Cycle, Shoot Wide.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:09 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I realize based on your name and avatar that you probably don't want to hear this, but if he was "a gamer" on Nashville's second goal we probably go to at least OT. Hell, Trevor Lewis probably wouldn't have played that so poorly, and that's saying something.
Oh please. I'm more than capable of hearing criticism of my favorite King, if you were familiar with my posting at all you'd know that's the case. Nobody gets a free pass.

Yes, MR was involved in creating Nashville's second goal. But while the rest of the Kings were busy floating around and waiting for the clock to run out, Mike Richards made an all-out dive, sacrificing his body with a PERFECT read to poke the puck away and gave us a few more jam chances as the clock ran out. If someone was able to jam the puck past Rinne, MR would be lauded by everyone here as a hero for creating those last opportunities.

It's those types of plays that can really make the difference for a team, regardless of his lack of production or involvement on the Nashville goal. You don't just get to ignore the good things he does because of a mistake or two.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:14 PM
KingNick07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post

Agree with all this. Different face, same system, same results.

KingNick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯Until April

It's depressing in King land.

Big game tomorrow.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote