Notices

Will Jokinin's success block Polak

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Will Jokinin's success block Polak

Both are LWs and soft. Jokinin is older and has success and are similar players. Clearly both guys are only valuable as top 6 guys. If Erikkson continues to emerge he could take Guerin's spot either next year or year after . He is larger and plays RW. We will need a top center maybe with size if Arnott is not resigned so I am beginning to wonder where the rage of training camp fits in.

Amazing for a system that both Hockeysfuture and THN has lowly ranked has depth at both wing and defense and a first year farm team above .500

Old
01-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
I was under the impression that Polak plays RW as well(he's listed as a RW on the AHL stats page). IMO he probably needs another year in the AHL to work on his consistancy, as he was posting close to a PPG earlier this season, but has dropped off the past several weeks.

-Vagrant
Old
01-28-2006, 11:18 AM
SUPERMAN

Well I think that Eriksson will play as a center before this season is over, he has everything to do that, and he plays as a center at the Swedish team, he probably will be Dallas next big center profile.....

Old
01-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Kevin Wey

Eriksson has yet to play center, and I wouldn't expect it unless Edmonton pulls Toby Petersen from the Iowa Stars. Eriksson has been playing on a line with Petersen and Junior Lessard, and they're doing great.

Eriksson is gaining confidence in the AHL, and it's easy to see. I think he expects to score with each shot now. He now has the presence of mind to get tripped in the crease with the puck, after falling keeping it on his stick, up to his knees, keep sliding, and score. Eriksson is burying most every chance he gets now. The main thing Eriksson needs to do is to gain more muscle. He does not have a thick frame naturally, but he can supplement what he does have with more muscle. Loui is fast at the AHL level, but his speed at the NHL level will not be too far above average. (He can beat lesser former NHL defensemen like Scott Ferguson wide, but put him against NHL defensemen right now...) I think Eriksson's development lately is very encouraging though.

Polak has been relegated to a lower line, which is why is production is down. He and Eriksson have switched places. Polak is a bit more physical than Eriksson though, so...Polak isn't bad in a checking role.

I would expect to see Edmonton to pull out of Iowa next year, so both Polak and Eriksson should get plenty of ice-time without players such as Petersen, Brodziak, and Stastny battling for ice-time. Both Eriksson and Polak have a ways to go until they're as dominant as Mathias Tjarnqvist at the AHL level though, so that's a good gauge.

Just don't forget you have two talented goalies in Iowa as well. I personally think Smith has the higher upside because of his size and puckhandling, but Ellis is fine goalie as well. I think Dallas should feel comfortable in ditching Hedberg and having Turco, Smith, and Ellis as the top three goalies next year and then attempt to get Tobias Stephan into the AHL mix.

Old
01-28-2006, 12:58 PM
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Wey
Eriksson has yet to play center, and I wouldn't expect it unless Edmonton pulls Toby Petersen from the Iowa Stars. Eriksson has been playing on a line with Petersen and Junior Lessard, and they're doing great.

Eriksson is gaining confidence in the AHL, and it's easy to see. I think he expects to score with each shot now. He now has the presence of mind to get tripped in the crease with the puck, after falling keeping it on his stick, up to his knees, keep sliding, and score. Eriksson is burying most every chance he gets now. The main thing Eriksson needs to do is to gain more muscle. He does not have a thick frame naturally, but he can supplement what he does have with more muscle. Loui is fast at the AHL level, but his speed at the NHL level will not be too far above average. (He can beat lesser former NHL defensemen like Scott Ferguson wide, but put him against NHL defensemen right now...) I think Eriksson's development lately is very encouraging though.

Polak has been relegated to a lower line, which is why is production is down. He and Eriksson have switched places. Polak is a bit more physical than Eriksson though, so...Polak isn't bad in a checking role.

I would expect to see Edmonton to pull out of Iowa next year, so both Polak and Eriksson should get plenty of ice-time without players such as Petersen, Brodziak, and Stastny battling for ice-time. Both Eriksson and Polak have a ways to go until they're as dominant as Mathias Tjarnqvist at the AHL level though, so that's a good gauge.

Just don't forget you have two talented goalies in Iowa as well. I personally think Smith has the higher upside because of his size and puckhandling, but Ellis is fine goalie as well. I think Dallas should feel comfortable in ditching Hedberg and having Turco, Smith, and Ellis as the top three goalies next year and then attempt to get Tobias Stephan into the AHL mix.
Eriksson is one of the top skaters of Sweden, much faster then you thought, he accelerate very fast, we saw him in Sweden against top NHL defensemen, no problem to get round them, and he is ver skilled, the same at the World Juniors 2005.

Old
01-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Kevin Wey

Defensemen with any NHL experience in SEL last season:

Vastra Frolunda: Tom Koivisto, Chrstian Backman, Sami Salo, Antti-Jussi Niemi

Linkopings: Henrik Tallinder

Timra: Aki-Petteri Berg

Farjestads: Zdeno Chara, Sheldon Souray, Radek Hamr

Djurgardens: Daniel Tjarnqvist, Dan Boyle

Modo: Mattias Timander, Adrian Aucoin, Bryan Muir

Lulea: Jaroslav Obsut, Nicklas Wallin, Steve Staois (7 games), Mattias Ohlund (2 game)

Mora: Pavel Skrbek, Andreas Lilja

Sodertalje: Dick Tarnstrom, Peter Popovic, Nicklas Havelid

HV71: Fredrik Olausson, Per Gustafsson, Anders Eriksson, Bryan McCabe (10 games)

Brynas: Kimmo Timonen (10 games), Chris Phillips (27 games), Josef Boumedienne (13 games), Staffan Kronwall (played three games for Djurgarden as well)

Malmo: Peter Andersson, Paul Stanton (6 games)

Apologies for glancing over anyone, there probably is one or two.

Old
01-28-2006, 07:49 PM
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Wey
Defensemen with any NHL experience in SEL last season:

Vastra Frolunda: Tom Koivisto, Chrstian Backman, Sami Salo, Antti-Jussi Niemi

Linkopings: Henrik Tallinder

Timra: Aki-Petteri Berg

Farjestads: Zdeno Chara, Sheldon Souray, Radek Hamr

Djurgardens: Daniel Tjarnqvist, Dan Boyle

Modo: Mattias Timander, Adrian Aucoin, Bryan Muir

Lulea: Jaroslav Obsut, Nicklas Wallin, Steve Staois (7 games), Mattias Ohlund (2 game)

Mora: Pavel Skrbek, Andreas Lilja

Sodertalje: Dick Tarnstrom, Peter Popovic, Nicklas Havelid

HV71: Fredrik Olausson, Per Gustafsson, Anders Eriksson, Bryan McCabe (10 games)

Brynas: Kimmo Timonen (10 games), Chris Phillips (27 games), Josef Boumedienne (13 games), Staffan Kronwall (played three games for Djurgarden as well)

Malmo: Peter Andersson, Paul Stanton (6 games)

Apologies for glancing over anyone, there probably is one or two.

Old
01-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Complaining Customer

stupid question, but why is Jokinen listed as having played 0 games for the Florida Panthers in his Yahoo! career stats?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/...G9veRS35VivLYF

I suppose they first put him in the Florida lineup and realized he wasn't Ollie the joke, but were too lazy to correct entirely the mistake.

Closed Thread