HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Nash Rumours Part IX: Nash Svidaniya; End of the road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2012, 09:51 PM
  #376
GregSirico
Registered User
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Dylan McIlrath (@dylan_mcilrath)
@cpt27 we survived! #LGR

Christian Thomas (@cpt27)
"@dylan_mcilrath: @cpt27 we survived! #LGR" yes! Nothing would have compared to NYR. #roomie

haha
That makes me

GregSirico is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:02 PM
  #377
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
wanted to feel bad for C-Bus fans, but there are quite a few of them that think that the Rangerds offer was garbage.

It's no surprise Howson has a job there, they have no clue how bad a job he is doing cause they are more clueless than Howson is.

that fan base is pathetic.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:06 PM
  #378
adam94
BU Terriers
 
adam94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Dubi, Erixon, Miller, Thomas, and a first was way more than I'd ever thought we would offer. The thought of losing that group of players is now gone thanks to the stupidity of Howson.

I'm shocked this wasn't accepted. No way in hell ANY team will offer anything close to this in the off season. Hopefully Howson will realize he made a huge mistake and perhaps ask for less. But since this is the same guy that rejected 3 high-end prospects, I doubt he has one blood cell of logic in him, so he'll probably think he can get more in the summer. Good luck.

Turn your back on this one Slats, look towards free agency instead.

adam94 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:08 PM
  #379
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 827
vCash: 500
I really thought that Nash would be gone by today.

We all have heard the rumors as to what was offered and to me it seemed like enough. Do we really know the truth? Was Howson really in charge of making the final decision? Will Howson be back?

was CBJ foolish for waiting until draft day? Maybe? Maybe not?

Did the teams have enough cap space at this time of year? They will better be able to plan in the summer and free space if they want to make a run at Nash.

While the Stanley cup winner might not wish to play, what about the teams that fall a bit short of the prize? Perhaps, they will be more motivated to pay up?

Too many unknown. From the Ranger perspective, they have another few months and a playoff run to think further about what they need to do (if anything). They might indeed raise their bid, lower their bid, or find they no longer have an interest. Anything is possible.

We will know in a few months.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:15 PM
  #380
BrianBoyle
4 teams in 5 yrs
 
BrianBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the grass
Country: United States
Posts: 51,452
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Dylan McIlrath (@dylan_mcilrath)
@cpt27 we survived! #LGR

Christian Thomas (@cpt27)
"@dylan_mcilrath: @cpt27 we survived! #LGR" yes! Nothing would have compared to NYR. #roomie

haha
This is gold.

__________________

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:33 PM
  #381
BwayBshirt
Registered User
 
BwayBshirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: My NY State of Mind
Country: United States
Posts: 3,352
vCash: 500
I think that now McIlrath & Thomas know the relief Erixon felt last year after a tense situation.

BwayBshirt is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:50 PM
  #382
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam94 View Post
Dubi, Erixon, Miller, Thomas, and a first was way more than I'd ever thought we would offer. The thought of losing that group of players is now gone thanks to the stupidity of Howson.

I'm shocked this wasn't accepted. No way in hell ANY team will offer anything close to this in the off season. Hopefully Howson will realize he made a huge mistake and perhaps ask for less. But since this is the same guy that rejected 3 high-end prospects, I doubt he has one blood cell of logic in him, so he'll probably think he can get more in the summer. Good luck.

Turn your back on this one Slats, look towards free agency instead.
That would have been a horrible trade imo...dubi is a great team guy who will bounce back and score 20-25 goals for the majority of his career...I think Miller has a very bright future in the same mold as Dubi...Thomas is a goal scorer..period...he will adjust to the pro game with time....Erixon will be a very good NHL defensemen and who knows what this 1st brings...I am glad Howson is dumber than Sather with regards to this trade.

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:56 PM
  #383
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner
 
The Four Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
wanted to feel bad for C-Bus fans, but there are quite a few of them that think that the Rangerds offer was garbage.

It's no surprise Howson has a job there, they have no clue how bad a job he is doing cause they are more clueless than Howson is.

that fan base is pathetic.
Just speaking up to say I wouldn't use the words of a few to damn the entire fanbase. I for one thought the reported offer was fair considering Nash's production and cap hit, but Howson's too stupid or too prideful to see that. He expected to get the pieces to make a rebuild that lasted only a year, maybe two, as opposed to a proper one and for that, as well as every other stupid inept thing he's done as GM, he's a piece of human garbage to me.

The Four Seven is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:01 PM
  #384
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,024
vCash: 500
is there an audio clip of Sathers presser?

Inferno is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:05 PM
  #385
Ke11y96
Registered User
 
Ke11y96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
is there an audio clip of Sathers presser?
haven't found audio but video is on

www.msg.com
www.newyorkrangers.com

Ke11y96 is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:07 PM
  #386
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke11y96 View Post
haven't found audio but video is on

www.msg.com
www.newyorkrangers.com
danke!

Inferno is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:08 PM
  #387
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 9,989
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
is there an audio clip of Sathers presser?
www.blueshirtsunited.com

Bookmark it

MisterUnspoken is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:18 PM
  #388
GregSirico
Registered User
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,555
vCash: 500
Slats hinting at Chris Kreider coming up this year

GregSirico is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:19 AM
  #389
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
That would have been a horrible trade imo...dubi is a great team guy who will bounce back and score 20-25 goals for the majority of his career...I think Miller has a very bright future in the same mold as Dubi...Thomas is a goal scorer..period...he will adjust to the pro game with time....Erixon will be a very good NHL defensemen and who knows what this 1st brings...I am glad Howson is dumber than Sather with regards to this trade.
I think Miller has better hockey sense than Dubinsky, and will probably be a better player. There's a reason that Sather held out on including him until today.

They're a lot higher on him than ANY OF US know.

This kid is probably going to be a DAMN GOOD player down the road.

CM Lundqvist is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 01:16 AM
  #390
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,499
vCash: 500
Glad to see this deal did not go down and watching this thread slowly making it's way down the page.

If we had given away all those assets for a 60 point player I would have been pissed.

Pizza is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 01:17 AM
  #391
Ail
Occult Knowledge
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
That would have been a horrible trade imo...dubi is a great team guy who will bounce back and score 20-25 goals for the majority of his career...I think Miller has a very bright future in the same mold as Dubi...Thomas is a goal scorer..period...he will adjust to the pro game with time....Erixon will be a very good NHL defensemen and who knows what this 1st brings...I am glad Howson is dumber than Sather with regards to this trade.
So which of the prospects are going to bust? None?

If not, the valuable, yet redundant prospects in the organization need to be moved for whatever the team is lacking at that point.

These are not Pokemon. You do not need to catch them all. You build a solid young core, and when a position is filled, leaving you with redundant, valuable players who are expendable, you package them and get something you do not have in your system, yet need them to make the team an over-the-top contender.

__________________
Ail is online now  
Old
02-28-2012, 01:47 AM
  #392
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
So which of the prospects are going to bust? None?

If not, the valuable, yet redundant prospects in the organization need to be moved for whatever the team is lacking at that point.

These are not Pokemon. You do not need to catch them all. You build a solid young core, and when a position is filled, leaving you with redundant, valuable players who are expendable, you package them and get something you do not have in your system, yet need them to make the team an over-the-top contender.
Ok I thought that was hilarious.

But I agree with your sentiments. While its understandable that a fanbase becomes attached to its prospects, especially if you've been drafting as well as the Rangers have recently, but at some point you need to use your surplus to address your teams' needs. All your prospects can't make the team and become successful NHLers. And if they do, there's no way you can afford them all.

I am fairly confident that within the next two years you will see a trade, similar to the one Sather proposed for Nash, to address a major need for this team. That would be good asset management, if he got someone worth giving up the prospects for.

Emptyvoid is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 05:25 AM
  #393
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I think Miller has better hockey sense than Dubinsky, and will probably be a better player. There's a reason that Sather held out on including him until today.

They're a lot higher on him than ANY OF US know.

This kid is probably going to be a DAMN GOOD player down the road.
been saying this for a bit now.

Miller has something about him that leads me to believe he's going to be a very legit #2 center for the Rangers.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 05:31 AM
  #394
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
If Kreder does play in the NHL this year it's going to be in the PO's as his college career doesn't end until after the NCAA Championship game (I hope for him)

not sure I see that happening, but I wouldn't complain either.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 05:57 AM
  #395
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
been saying this for a bit now.

Miller has something about him that leads me to believe he's going to be a very legit #2 center for the Rangers.
The thing about Miller is this...when was the last time this franchise drafted and developed a big, physical center with playmaking ability? That's why I consider him more important a prospect than Erixon. With Erixon, considering that Staal, McD and MDZ are all ahead of him, so there is some redundancy. But, I think Miller has the ability and talent to better than both Dubinsky and Anisimov. The only player that I see similar to Miller in terms of the combination of skillset and size is Fogarty. And, he's nowhere near the level of development that Miller is.

jas is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 06:06 AM
  #396
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,473
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I think that package was big enough to land a bigger fish. Happy Howson did not bite and a bit surprised Sather (if true) was ready to give up all that. Because it would not have been worth it imo...

BBKers is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 06:36 AM
  #397
Nyrvana
Registered User
 
Nyrvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Howson is an idiot, imo. How do you not trade a guy that requested a trade? He got a great offer too. I don't understand.

That's the most I would have offered for Nash so I'm happy that we didn't get him. Hopefully we can continue our playing now into the playoffs.

Nyrvana is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 06:55 AM
  #398
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,866
vCash: 500
http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/8...ews-conference
presser

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 07:45 AM
  #399
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The thing about Miller is this...when was the last time this franchise drafted and developed a big, physical center with playmaking ability? That's why I consider him more important a prospect than Erixon. With Erixon, considering that Staal, McD and MDZ are all ahead of him, so there is some redundancy. But, I think Miller has the ability and talent to better than both Dubinsky and Anisimov. The only player that I see similar to Miller in terms of the combination of skillset and size is Fogarty. And, he's nowhere near the level of development that Miller is.
don't sleep on Fogarty.

When he plays for the Fighting Irish next season, you are going to be very surprised and excited.

Fogarty is going to be the Rangers version of Travis Zajac.

A big hulking 3rd line pivot with great defensive awareness and solid offensive skills.

Fogarty is currently 6'3" and 200lbs.

I expect him to play at the NHL level at 6'4 and 220lbs

I love the Vees site in terms of depth of information on a season and game to game basis.

http://www.pentictonvees.ca/leagues/...layerID=821305

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 07:52 AM
  #400
Kel Varnsen
Below:Rangers' Balls
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
Howson is an idiot, imo. How do you not trade a guy that requested a trade? He got a great offer too. I don't understand.

That's the most I would have offered for Nash so I'm happy that we didn't get him. Hopefully we can continue our playing now into the playoffs.
Too bad for him. He signed a long term contract with them.

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.