HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Nash Rumours Part IX: Nash Svidaniya; End of the road

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 09:51 PM
GregSirico

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Dylan McIlrath (@dylan_mcilrath)
@cpt27 we survived! #LGR

Christian Thomas (@cpt27)
"@dylan_mcilrath: @cpt27 we survived! #LGR" yes! Nothing would have compared to NYR. #roomie

haha
That makes me

Old
02-27-2012, 10:02 PM
pld459666

wanted to feel bad for C-Bus fans, but there are quite a few of them that think that the Rangerds offer was garbage.

It's no surprise Howson has a job there, they have no clue how bad a job he is doing cause they are more clueless than Howson is.

that fan base is pathetic.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:06 PM
adam94
BU Terriers

Dubi, Erixon, Miller, Thomas, and a first was way more than I'd ever thought we would offer. The thought of losing that group of players is now gone thanks to the stupidity of Howson.

I'm shocked this wasn't accepted. No way in hell ANY team will offer anything close to this in the off season. Hopefully Howson will realize he made a huge mistake and perhaps ask for less. But since this is the same guy that rejected 3 high-end prospects, I doubt he has one blood cell of logic in him, so he'll probably think he can get more in the summer. Good luck.

Turn your back on this one Slats, look towards free agency instead.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:08 PM
ltrangerfan

I really thought that Nash would be gone by today.

We all have heard the rumors as to what was offered and to me it seemed like enough. Do we really know the truth? Was Howson really in charge of making the final decision? Will Howson be back?

was CBJ foolish for waiting until draft day? Maybe? Maybe not?

Did the teams have enough cap space at this time of year? They will better be able to plan in the summer and free space if they want to make a run at Nash.

While the Stanley cup winner might not wish to play, what about the teams that fall a bit short of the prize? Perhaps, they will be more motivated to pay up?

Too many unknown. From the Ranger perspective, they have another few months and a playoff run to think further about what they need to do (if anything). They might indeed raise their bid, lower their bid, or find they no longer have an interest. Anything is possible.

We will know in a few months.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:15 PM
BrianBoyle
4 teams in 5 yrs

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Dylan McIlrath (@dylan_mcilrath)
@cpt27 we survived! #LGR

Christian Thomas (@cpt27)
"@dylan_mcilrath: @cpt27 we survived! #LGR" yes! Nothing would have compared to NYR. #roomie

haha
This is gold.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
Old
02-27-2012, 10:33 PM
BwayBshirt

I think that now McIlrath & Thomas know the relief Erixon felt last year after a tense situation.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam94 View Post
Dubi, Erixon, Miller, Thomas, and a first was way more than I'd ever thought we would offer. The thought of losing that group of players is now gone thanks to the stupidity of Howson.

I'm shocked this wasn't accepted. No way in hell ANY team will offer anything close to this in the off season. Hopefully Howson will realize he made a huge mistake and perhaps ask for less. But since this is the same guy that rejected 3 high-end prospects, I doubt he has one blood cell of logic in him, so he'll probably think he can get more in the summer. Good luck.

Turn your back on this one Slats, look towards free agency instead.
That would have been a horrible trade imo...dubi is a great team guy who will bounce back and score 20-25 goals for the majority of his career...I think Miller has a very bright future in the same mold as Dubi...Thomas is a goal scorer..period...he will adjust to the pro game with time....Erixon will be a very good NHL defensemen and who knows what this 1st brings...I am glad Howson is dumber than Sather with regards to this trade.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:56 PM
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
wanted to feel bad for C-Bus fans, but there are quite a few of them that think that the Rangerds offer was garbage.

It's no surprise Howson has a job there, they have no clue how bad a job he is doing cause they are more clueless than Howson is.

that fan base is pathetic.
Just speaking up to say I wouldn't use the words of a few to damn the entire fanbase. I for one thought the reported offer was fair considering Nash's production and cap hit, but Howson's too stupid or too prideful to see that. He expected to get the pieces to make a rebuild that lasted only a year, maybe two, as opposed to a proper one and for that, as well as every other stupid inept thing he's done as GM, he's a piece of human garbage to me.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

is there an audio clip of Sathers presser?

Old
02-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Ke11y96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
haven't found audio but video is on

www.msg.com
www.newyorkrangers.com

Old
02-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke11y96 View Post
haven't found audio but video is on

www.msg.com
www.newyorkrangers.com
danke!

Old
02-27-2012, 11:08 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
www.blueshirtsunited.com

Bookmark it

Old
02-27-2012, 11:18 PM
GregSirico

Slats hinting at Chris Kreider coming up this year

Old
02-28-2012, 12:19 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
That would have been a horrible trade imo...dubi is a great team guy who will bounce back and score 20-25 goals for the majority of his career...I think Miller has a very bright future in the same mold as Dubi...Thomas is a goal scorer..period...he will adjust to the pro game with time....Erixon will be a very good NHL defensemen and who knows what this 1st brings...I am glad Howson is dumber than Sather with regards to this trade.
I think Miller has better hockey sense than Dubinsky, and will probably be a better player. There's a reason that Sather held out on including him until today.

They're a lot higher on him than ANY OF US know.

This kid is probably going to be a DAMN GOOD player down the road.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Pizza

Glad to see this deal did not go down and watching this thread slowly making it's way down the page.

If we had given away all those assets for a 60 point player I would have been pissed.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
So which of the prospects are going to bust? None?

If not, the valuable, yet redundant prospects in the organization need to be moved for whatever the team is lacking at that point.

These are not Pokemon. You do not need to catch them all. You build a solid young core, and when a position is filled, leaving you with redundant, valuable players who are expendable, you package them and get something you do not have in your system, yet need them to make the team an over-the-top contender.

02-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
So which of the prospects are going to bust? None?

If not, the valuable, yet redundant prospects in the organization need to be moved for whatever the team is lacking at that point.

These are not Pokemon. You do not need to catch them all. You build a solid young core, and when a position is filled, leaving you with redundant, valuable players who are expendable, you package them and get something you do not have in your system, yet need them to make the team an over-the-top contender.
Ok I thought that was hilarious.

But I agree with your sentiments. While its understandable that a fanbase becomes attached to its prospects, especially if you've been drafting as well as the Rangers have recently, but at some point you need to use your surplus to address your teams' needs. All your prospects can't make the team and become successful NHLers. And if they do, there's no way you can afford them all.

I am fairly confident that within the next two years you will see a trade, similar to the one Sather proposed for Nash, to address a major need for this team. That would be good asset management, if he got someone worth giving up the prospects for.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:25 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I think Miller has better hockey sense than Dubinsky, and will probably be a better player. There's a reason that Sather held out on including him until today.

They're a lot higher on him than ANY OF US know.

This kid is probably going to be a DAMN GOOD player down the road.
been saying this for a bit now.

Miller has something about him that leads me to believe he's going to be a very legit #2 center for the Rangers.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:31 AM
pld459666

If Kreder does play in the NHL this year it's going to be in the PO's as his college career doesn't end until after the NCAA Championship game (I hope for him)

not sure I see that happening, but I wouldn't complain either.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:57 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
been saying this for a bit now.

Miller has something about him that leads me to believe he's going to be a very legit #2 center for the Rangers.
The thing about Miller is this...when was the last time this franchise drafted and developed a big, physical center with playmaking ability? That's why I consider him more important a prospect than Erixon. With Erixon, considering that Staal, McD and MDZ are all ahead of him, so there is some redundancy. But, I think Miller has the ability and talent to better than both Dubinsky and Anisimov. The only player that I see similar to Miller in terms of the combination of skillset and size is Fogarty. And, he's nowhere near the level of development that Miller is.

Old
02-28-2012, 06:06 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I think that package was big enough to land a bigger fish. Happy Howson did not bite and a bit surprised Sather (if true) was ready to give up all that. Because it would not have been worth it imo...

Old
02-28-2012, 06:36 AM
Nyrvana

Howson is an idiot, imo. How do you not trade a guy that requested a trade? He got a great offer too. I don't understand.

That's the most I would have offered for Nash so I'm happy that we didn't get him. Hopefully we can continue our playing now into the playoffs.

Old
02-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Vitto79

http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/8...ews-conference
presser

Old
02-28-2012, 07:45 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The thing about Miller is this...when was the last time this franchise drafted and developed a big, physical center with playmaking ability? That's why I consider him more important a prospect than Erixon. With Erixon, considering that Staal, McD and MDZ are all ahead of him, so there is some redundancy. But, I think Miller has the ability and talent to better than both Dubinsky and Anisimov. The only player that I see similar to Miller in terms of the combination of skillset and size is Fogarty. And, he's nowhere near the level of development that Miller is.
don't sleep on Fogarty.

When he plays for the Fighting Irish next season, you are going to be very surprised and excited.

Fogarty is going to be the Rangers version of Travis Zajac.

A big hulking 3rd line pivot with great defensive awareness and solid offensive skills.

Fogarty is currently 6'3" and 200lbs.

I expect him to play at the NHL level at 6'4 and 220lbs

I love the Vees site in terms of depth of information on a season and game to game basis.

http://www.pentictonvees.ca/leagues/...layerID=821305

Old
02-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Rangers' Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
Howson is an idiot, imo. How do you not trade a guy that requested a trade? He got a great offer too. I don't understand.

That's the most I would have offered for Nash so I'm happy that we didn't get him. Hopefully we can continue our playing now into the playoffs.
Too bad for him. He signed a long term contract with them.

Closed Thread