HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumours Part IX: Nash Svidaniya; End of the road

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2012, 07:55 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
don't sleep on Fogarty.

When he plays for the Fighting Irish next season, you are going to be very surprised and excited.

Fogarty is going to be the Rangers version of Travis Zajac.

A big hulking 3rd line pivot with great defensive awareness and solid offensive skills.

Fogarty is currently 6'3" and 200lbs.

I expect him to play at the NHL level at 6'4 and 220lbs

I love the Vees site in terms of depth of information on a season and game to game basis.

http://www.pentictonvees.ca/leagues/...layerID=821305

Not sleeping on Fogarty at all. I'm high on the kid, and loved the pick. However, he is a long way away right now, and I'm fine with that. Whereas Miller could actually make the NHL as early as next season, (although I am not recommending that), Fogarty needs time to fully develop. He's a nice little nest egg that should be allowed to mature. My only point was emphasizing how unique Miller is as a prospect.

Last edited by jas: 02-28-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old
02-28-2012, 08:04 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Not sleeping on Fogarty at all. I'm high on the kid, and loved the pick. However, he is a long way a way right, and I'm fine with that. Whereas Miller could actually make the NHL as early as next season, (although I am not recommending that), Fogarty needs time to fully develop. He's a nice little nest egg that should be allowed to mature. My only point was emphasizing how unique Miller is as a prospect.
sorry, though you were short selling my man Fogarty.

Agree with you 100% on Miller. I can see him making a major push for a roster spot in September (assuming there is no work stoppage)

Old
02-28-2012, 08:10 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
Howson is an idiot, imo. How do you not trade a guy that requested a trade? He got a great offer too. I don't understand.

That's the most I would have offered for Nash so I'm happy that we didn't get him. Hopefully we can continue our playing now into the playoffs.
Howson is an idiot.

That said, just because a player requests a trade doesn't mean the GM HAS to trade him.

Howson has to make the best deal possible for Columbus, not Nash.

Howson just ensured himself that he will not go down as the guy that traded the face of the Franchise.

Someone else will get that moniker as Howson will not last in his current capacity 2 weeks after the season ends.

He turned down 3 first round picks and 2 2nd round picks.

2 could help this year (Dubi and Erixon)
1 could possible help next year (Miller)
1 could help the following season (Thomas)
and the 1st this draft coming could have been packaged with another first they got from LA to move up in the draft to get some more immediate help next season.

What Howson passed on was a deal to fast track the rebuild of that franchise and the Owner has to know that.

That said, he still had no obligation to trade Nash.

Problem is, he's not going to get near a better deal from anyone come June.

Old
02-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

With the depth at center, I don't see any rush to get Miller into the lineup. I'm actually 50/50 on whether or not he should make the jump to the AHL next year.

Old
02-28-2012, 08:34 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
With the depth at center, I don't see any rush to get Miller into the lineup. I'm actually 50/50 on whether or not he should make the jump to the AHL next year.
I firmly believe he should go back to juniors for another season and absolutely dominate. I don't think that will happen though.

Old
02-28-2012, 08:37 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Is Miller going to even be a center at the NHL level?

02-28-2012, 08:39 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Boith Gorton and Clark stated in interviews after the draft that they believe center is his best position.

Old
02-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Like Jas mentioned, the brass seems to feel that he's going to be a center. I wasn't sold on the idea leading up to the draft, but I guess we'll see. He's looked better there in Plymouth, but he still takes himself out of position to make a play or lay a hit, and it costs him sometimes in his defensive coverage.

I feel like folks are so enamored with the fact that he has good size already, that they think he's ready to turn pro. I'm not sure I agree with that.

Old
02-28-2012, 08:52 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Boith Gorton and Clark stated in interviews after the draft that they believe center is his best position.
Quote:
Like Jas mentioned, the brass seems to feel that he's going to be a center. I wasn't sold on the idea leading up to the draft, but I guess we'll see. He's looked better there in Plymouth, but he still takes himself out of position to make a play or lay a hit, and it costs him sometimes in his defensive coverage.

I feel like folks are so enamored with the fact that he has good size already, that they think he's ready to turn pro. I'm not sure I agree with that.
Cheers gents. For some reason I recall he was playing more wing than center.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:03 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I see Miller as a smarter, less confused version of Dubinsky. Like Dubi, I feel Miller will be better suited for the wing once he gets to the NHL. I think his shot is more fearsome than his ability to create will be.

I agree with Trx, though. I see no reason for Miller to be in NY next season. I think he could use more seasoning. Another season where he sharpens his mental skills will only help him down the line, and allow him to step in ready to make more of a contribution.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:05 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I see Miller as a smarter, less confused version of Dubinsky. Like Dubi, I feel Miller will be better suited for the wing once he gets to the NHL. I think his shot is more fearsome than his ability to create will be.

I agree with Trx, though. I see no reason for Miller to be in NY next season. I think he could use more seasoning. Another season where he sharpens his mental skills will only help him down the line, and allow him to step in ready to make more of a contribution.
Love the line "less confused Dubinsky"!

Old
02-28-2012, 09:19 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Dylan McIlrath (@dylan_mcilrath)
@cpt27 we survived! #LGR

Christian Thomas (@cpt27)
"@dylan_mcilrath: @cpt27 we survived! #LGR" yes! Nothing would have compared to NYR. #roomie

haha
I love this; brings up an interesting point to me, I never contemplated how trades affect the CHL players and how they sweated out deadline just as NHL players do. Both obviously wanted to stay with NYR and that's great to hear.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Vitto79

I understand why some say Miller should go back to juniors but is he not eligible for the AHL? If he is then I think he has to go to CT and he has a real good shot at being next yrs Carl Hagelin

Also Erixon will be ready to be in the top 6. Only question will be if he can be a top 4 as time goes on. he is ranked just as high as McD and DZ were.

Oh darn keeping Miller and Erixon. Blessing in disguise

I'm not sure on Thomas just based on his camp and his size. Cant hurt for him to kill it in the AHL. Just hope he doesnt get the MZA treatment cause I doubt he's a grinder

Old
02-28-2012, 09:26 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

At the end of TSN's coverage yesterday,Duthie was discussing the Rangers. Marc Crawford called McD and DZ "gold" because they play so many minutes at their age and those players are so hard to find. Why would the Rangers trade them then? When Staal was hurt,they tried to find another top D and it was impossible. Average rentals were going for a 2nd and a 3rd.

The Rangers don't really have anything to discuss with Columbus in the summer. They made their best offer and it was rejected.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Love the line "less confused Dubinsky"!
Ha, me too.

I was a big Dubinsky fan, especially last season when it looked like the move to left wing helped him realize the type of player he should be. He'd always be consistent, but I was hopeful he'd be coming into his own after leading the team in goals, assists, and points.

Nope.

Confused is the best way to describe him. He simply has NO IDEA what to do when he gets the puck. He still tries hard and is effective in other areas - unfortunately that doesnt fly with a $4.2M cap hit. He needs to get going (along with Richards) if the Rangers are to have any chance to make a serious run.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:29 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I understand why some say Miller should go back to juniors but is he not eligible for the AHL? If he is then I think he has to go to CT and he has a real good shot at being next yrs Carl Hagelin

Also Erixon will be ready to be in the top 6. Only question will be if he can be a top 4 as time goes on. he is ranked just as high as McD and DZ were.

Oh darn keeping Miller and Erixon. Blessing in disguise

I'm not sure on Thomas just based on his camp and his size. Cant hurt for him to kill it in the AHL. Just hope he doesnt get the MZA treatment cause I doubt he's a grinder
Thomas is feisty. He is not like MZA.

Unless The Whale can guarantee Miller will see consistent PP, PK and top-6 time throughout the season, he should go back to juniors.

The Rangers want him to develop into a top-6, physically dominating center.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:32 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwayBshirt View Post
Howson could be this years' Nieuwendyk...except he will still get something for Nash in the end.
I assume you are referencing the Brad Richards non trade; IIRC Brad exercised his NT clause and later stated that he did not want the team he wanted to sign with to lose players/prospects that would weaken said team. He knew where he wanted to play and didn't want NYR giving up key components to acquire him when they could sign him and the cost was only $$$$

Old
02-28-2012, 09:32 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Some prospects need contracts. Andrew Yogan. Jasper Fasth. Oscar Lindberg. The 2 Swedes can be signed and loaned back to their teams in Sweden. Danny Hobbs. The Rangers have until August 15 to sign him.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:41 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
At the end of TSN's coverage yesterday,Duthie was discussing the Rangers. Marc Crawford called McD and DZ "gold" because they play so many minutes at their age and those players are so hard to find. Why would the Rangers trade them then? When Staal was hurt,they tried to find another top D and it was impossible. Average rentals were going for a 2nd and a 3rd.

The Rangers don't really have anything to discuss with Columbus in the summer. They made their best offer and it was rejected.
I can see Columbus crawling back when they find out they won't get a better deal than what the Rangers offered.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:42 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I can see Columbus crawling back when they find out they won't get a better deal than what the Rangers offered.
****. That.

It's Bobby Ryan time.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:48 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Holy ****, are you kidding me with Sather's jacket and tie Hank needs to sit down with Glen and give some styling help

Old
02-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

So, the offer was Dubinsky, Erixon, Miller, Thomas, and a 1st for Nash? Effff that!

I'm glad that we didn't make that trade. Dubinsky is just having a down year. He still fits the 2LW mold for this team going forward. Erixon, if everything breaks right, could make Staal expendable (not advocating trading Staal, just saying we could get a monster return). Miller, Thomas, and the 1st just makes things worse. That kind of package could return Bobby Ryan. I'm not interested in massively overpaying CBJ just because Nash is the face of their franchise. He doesn't even fit our system FFS! Parise or Ryan clearly are the kind of players that would fit with Torts. Nash, as talented as he is, is not.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I think it's more likely that Howson gets canned and Patrick takes over. He's incompetent as well, but the change in management might inspire Nash to change his mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
****. That.

It's Bobby Ryan time.
I can't see the Ducks moving Ryan anytime soon. I think it was just a ploy to get the players motivated. Which is a shame, because I think Ryan would be the ideal fit for this team.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:17 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Cheers gents. For some reason I recall he was playing more wing than center.
For some reason, I share the same confusion

Old
02-28-2012, 10:22 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Well I wouldn't necessarily call what we have, "depth." Our "depth" consists of guys who play center but have a very hard time of winning faceoffs, especially crucial ones. I don't know how well Miller is at the faceoff dot, but "depth" at center shouldn't be the reason he is held back if management thinks he can handle the NHL. Move someone to the wing.

Quote:

Agreed. Sather is never going to discuss a deal with Howson again. Sather is just as stubborn as the next guy because of how long he has been around the game. And when it comes to trades he rarely loses them or offers much. When he goes out and makes a pitch that includes our best prospects with the exception of Kreider, and it still doesnt get it done then there is no more business to discuss. Let Howson deal with the misery that lies ahead. He may make a deal with another organization but I guarantee the offer will not be as good as the Rangers. Though Howson will sit at the press conference justifying it as a good deal. And if he holds onto Nash, he will have one miserable player on his hands because that organization is going nowhere fast. Yakupov is not going to solve their many holes. They have no goaltending. Their defense is shotty. On offense their depth is unimpressive. Islanders drafted Tavares and he has been great but over the last few years with him there playing well they are still trying to fill holes just to make the 8th seed.

Quote:
Some prospects need contracts. Andrew Yogan. Jasper Fasth. Oscar Lindberg. The 2 Swedes can be signed and loaned back to their teams in Sweden. Danny Hobbs. The Rangers have until August 15 to sign him.
I'd like to see Hobbs given a shot with the AHL team.

Closed Thread