HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Chris Botta on Chris Kreider (All Kreider discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
Careful man I just had a 3 page argument yesterday with people who swear he is the fastest player in the NHL already.
3 page argument because after we gave you our answers, you insulted us by saying we aren't scouts and that we had vag rash. Why would you ask if that was going to be your response to all of us?

Old
02-27-2012, 10:32 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Careful man I just had a 3 page argument yesterday with people who swear he is the fastest player in the NHL already.
Stop being an ass and twisting people's words. No one said he was the fastest in the nhl or would be. You're the one who decided to be pessimistic and talk the kid down with no basis behind it. Your logic is garbage. Dont just make a statement with no reason tp back it up and then go on to essentially claim other fans are the unreasonable ones when they have not only seem him play (since that means nothing to you) but provide examples of opinions from pro nhl scouts.

you sound like a jackass

Old
02-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Nyrvana

Rangers must think this kid is a stud if they even give the possibility of Kreider playing this year. Recently, we have a record of being extra slow with a prospect.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Can someone with knowledge of the CBA (I'm calling you, RangerBoy) clarify this for me..

Let's say we sign Kreider to a standard 3 year ELC after BC is eliminated this year. He reports to Hartford, finishes the season/playoffs there and let's say Hartford's season ends before the Rangers. If they call Kreider up during the playoffs and he dresses, does that burn a year off his ELC? Or is it only if he plays a regular season game?

Old
02-27-2012, 10:57 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Can someone with knowledge of the CBA (I'm calling you, RangerBoy) clarify this for me..

Let's say we sign Kreider to a standard 3 year ELC after BC is eliminated this year. He reports to Hartford, finishes the season/playoffs there and let's say Hartford's season ends before the Rangers. If they call Kreider up during the playoffs and he dresses, does that burn a year off his ELC? Or is it only if he plays a regular season game?
If he plays a playoff game I believe that also counts as a year on his ELC.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
If he plays a playoff game I believe that also counts as a year on his ELC.
Okay, just wasn't exactly sure since players do not get paid during the playoffs and there's no salary cap.

I'm sure this will be a tantalizing option for Slats and Torts. If they feel he is ready and can handle a spot on a playoff team, it might be tough for them to not go ahead and swallow the year on his ELC.

Will be interesting whichever way it works out.

At the very least I would like to see him in Hartford on an ATO once BC is eliminated

Old
02-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i have ZERO problems whatsoever playing Kreider right out of college on this roster this season.

IMHO he would have made this team out of camp this year. The kid is going to be something special.

Old
02-28-2012, 03:43 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
i have ZERO problems whatsoever playing Kreider right out of college on this roster this season.

IMHO he would have made this team out of camp this year. The kid is going to be something special.
So throw a kid (with already lofty expectations) into the middle of a Cup chase and hope he helps solve our scoring issues? This seems desperate and a recipe for disaster. However, I can also see the "no-lose" viewpoint, in that he gets huge experience to start off his NHL career. Personally I'm not for it. Let him play a few games with the Whale and let him adjust to the NHL via training camp at the normal pace.

Also I really hope the majority of posters are right and he is the real deal. Otherwise this board will be full of ******** for a long time.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:03 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post

Also I really hope the majority of posters are right and he is the real deal. Otherwise this board will be full of ******** for a long time.
The Rangers haven't had a 20 goal scorer drafted in the 1st round since 1994.

There is no doubt Kreider will be an NHL player. What signifies him being the real deal? A 40 goal superstar? If he plays top 6 minutes, scores 20 goals and creates space and chances for his linemates because of his speed, that to me is enough to be the real deal.

Old
02-28-2012, 06:34 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Only difference with the Rangers using a year off the ELC this season is Kreider becomes a group II with arb rights after 13-14 instead of 14-15. He becomes a group III after 17-18 in both scenarios.

Quote:
9.2 Age of Players. As used in this Article, "age," including "First SPC Signing
Age," means a Player's age on September 15 of the calendar year in which he signs an
SPC, regardless of his actual age on the date he signs such SPC.
Kreider will be 21. A 21 year old signing his ELC needs 3 years to reach arbitration. 11-12,12-13 and 13-14 instead of 12-13,13-14 and 14-15.

The MAX for 2009 is $900,000. 10% of that can be a signing bonus. $270,000 SB. Eligible for performance bonuses. If the SPC counts for this season,you won't see any bonuses in the contract.

He will get the $270,000 SB immediately and a pro-rated amount of the $900,000 for this season. How many days left in the season will determine that amount.

LA signed Jack Johnson in in 2007. He played 5 games in 06-07. Used up the 1st year of the ELC

No performance bonuses for 06-07

The bonuses kicked in the last 2 years.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1017

Last edited by RangerBoy: 02-28-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old
02-28-2012, 06:39 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

BC has 2 regular season games left. Both are against Vermont. CBS College Sports will have both games. Hockey East tournament begins March 9 and finishes March 16 and 17. BC will make the NCAA tournament which begins March 23. Frozen 4 begins April 5.

Old
02-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
BC has 2 regular season games left. Both are against Vermont. CBS College Sports will have both games. Hockey East tournament begins March 9 and finishes March 16 and 17. BC will make the NCAA tournament which begins March 23. Frozen 4 begins April 5.
You do remember what happened last time you made predictions about college hockey tournaments? Lol.

BC is in no means a lock for the Frozen four. However because of their ranking they will make the NCAA tourney regardless of HE results, which is unfortunate.

02-28-2012, 07:35 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

As far as incorporating him into the lineup late. It helps that the Rangers won't be fighting for a playoff spot.

I'm rooting for BC to lose. Sorry.

Old
02-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
As far as incorporating him into the lineup late. It helps that the Rangers won't be fighting for a playoff spot.

I'm rooting for BC to lose. Sorry.
It sounds like Ranges management are to lol.

Old
02-28-2012, 08:08 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Certainly has the size, strength and speed to be a pro right away. Whether or not his hockey IQ is up to par just yet is another story. Guess ya can't argue with the organization if they feel he's NHL ready though.

Old
02-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Levitate

I'd guess if they can sign him, they bring him in to practice with the team during the playoffs so that if they need the extra body, he can step in, but if not then he's at least getting a taste of NHL practice, etc

Old
02-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

I don't have any expectations, that way I won't be too dissapointed...

Old
02-28-2012, 08:26 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Kreider is a sharp cookie. He stays in school for his junior year and signs later that season losing a year off his ELC so he can make bigger money faster. Instead of making $75,000 to play in the AHL,he stays in school to compete his school work. If the Rangers want to play Kreider this season and lose 1 year off the ELC,they must think he is NHL ready. They aren't going to lose an entire season of entry level money just to stick Kreider in the AHL next season. Two weeks ago at the Beanpot,the entire Rangers FO was there. The next night,Kreider was at the Rangers game. He was with the Rangers after the game.

The Rangers usually balk at requests for losing ELC years. The Rangers didn't pursue Casey Wellman two years ago as a free agent because his agent George Bazos wanted the team signing Wellman to play him and lose a year off the ELC. The Rangers got their man 2 years later in the Crusher trade.
Kreider competes or comes really close to graduating. He turns pro. Gets a $270,000 SB. He was getting that money no matter when he signed. Plus a pro-rated amount of the $900,000. Becomes a free agent faster to make more money. Plays in the NHL that same year. Can complete whatever school works he has left in the summer. IF he has any school work left.

Old
02-28-2012, 08:48 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

BC will make the tournament. Didn't predict BC was going to the Frozen 4. I picked them to win last year and they were blown out by Colorado College in the 1st round. On 2nd thought,BC will win the NCAA tournament.

Old
02-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Kreider is a sharp cookie. He stays in school for his junior year and signs later that season losing a year off his ELC so he can make bigger money faster. Instead of making $75,000 to play in the AHL,he stays in school to compete his school work. If the Rangers want to play Kreider this season and lose 1 year off the ELC,they must think he is NHL ready. They aren't going to lose an entire season of entry level money just to stick Kreider in the AHL next season. Two weeks ago at the Beanpot,the entire Rangers FO was there. The next night,Kreider was at the Rangers game. He was with the Rangers after the game.

The Rangers usually balk at requests for losing ELC years. The Rangers didn't pursue Casey Wellman two years ago as a free agent because his agent George Bazos wanted the team signing Wellman to play him and lose a year off the ELC. The Rangers got their man 2 years later in the Crusher trade.
Kreider competes or comes really close to graduating. He turns pro. Gets a $270,000 SB. He was getting that money no matter when he signed. Plus a pro-rated amount of the $900,000. Becomes a free agent faster to make more money. Plays in the NHL that same year. Can complete whatever school works he has left in the summer. IF he has any school work left.
Fast AND smart. Nice! Looking forward to seeing him in the NHL. I remember Amonte when he first came up. You could see the talent and the speed but he was rough around the edges.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:09 AM
nrf83

Quote:
I'll flat out tell you he isn't the fastest skater in the NHL anymore than he is faster than Hagelin. Stop it with the shiny new toy syndrome. I just hope he can score 20 goals sometime in the next 3 years.
He's not exaggerating though.

Kreider is THAT fast. I've watched him MANY times, and I'm telling you, this kid has top-end NHL speed. It isn't an exaggeration, at all.

I wouldn't vouch for this if I haven't watched Kreider more than most posters on this entire site.

Coldshot says he has seen Kreider play and can flat out fly, you on the other hand have probably never seen Kreider in person skate, yet you flatly say he cannot skate with NHL's fast players; I'm with coldshot on his evaluationm and I also want to on record as saying when Kreider signs it will be to play with NYR

Old
02-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Alien Valuating

Quote:

Wow, this is awesome. Thanks for the info! Personally, I'm drooling at the thought of Kreider joining the team this season. Any added scoring would be a great help, and I'd be willing to take my chances on Kreider to add that scoring over Mitchell, Wellman, etc. That being said, where does he fit in the lines? If they feel like he's good enough for a third line spot we could roll with:

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Dubinsky-Prust
Rupp-Boyle-Feds

Moving Dubinsky back to center and putting a speedy guy like Kreider on his wing could be just what Dubi needs to kickstart his game. Only reason that I have Dubinsky at C is because Kreider creates a log jam at LW if they feel he is good enough for the 3rd line (I don't believe he's ever played RW or C before, but I could be wrong).

Either way, this doesn't seem like too much of a high risk move. Yes, he will become a Group II RFA one year earlier, but as RB mentioned he won't become a Group III until 17-18. So that's at LEAST six years of Kreider until he decides to become a Bruin Very excited to see how all of this plays out.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

As always, thanks for the scoop RangerBoy.

If we're burning a year off his ELC, I hope Torts has every intention of playing him 14+ mins a night. I don't want to see him signed and be in and out of the lineup. Either he's 100% ready to handle a big role on a contending team or wait until next year.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Kreider needs to be signed to an ELC, then play with The Whale on a PTO for the remainder of the AHL season/playoffs. It makes no sense to burn a year off his ELC when he hasn't even been through a Torts' camp. He's not going to just step in and set the world on fire, so there's no point in having him on NYR this season. Unleash him on the AHL and let him go into the offseason with some confidence, IMO.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:07 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
BC will make the tournament. Didn't predict BC was going to the Frozen 4. I picked them to win last year and they were blown out by Colorado College in the 1st round. On 2nd thought,BC will win the NCAA tournament.
I'm with you RB I think BC will win the NCAA tournament. For some reason I dont think they will win the HE tournament though. The battles in the HE tourny are always pretty good because of the rivalries that really anyone can come out on top and surprise you.

RB do you know if there will be a stream for the CBS College sports network when they have the BC games on? Will it be right on CBS.com where i can hook my laptop up right to my home theater system?

As for Kreider given all the reports that is is pretty smart in the classroom, he might not have to take many or any finals. Depending on what classes he has he might have final presentations that arent during finals week or that he had posted good grades all semester that he doesnt have to take a final in a couple classes

Closed Thread