HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official "Welcome to the Bandwagon" Thread

Old
02-28-2012, 04:20 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Can I just say that I'm loving all of this thread? I'd rather build an internet alliance with the Habs anyways instead of the Sens.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:21 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PekkaRinneUK35 View Post
Thanks, its certainly on the cards at some point in the future hopefully. Really want to experience the arena after seeing the renovation videos they showed up on the Preds site. Also, as football/soccer is the big sport here I'm accustomed to a loud noisy crowd and last year that was one of the first things I loved about the Preds, would love to experience that amongst a sea of gold
You definitely need to come to a game.

Oh, me and my buddies are dying to go over there to see some EPL soccer live as well.

Old
02-28-2012, 04:35 AM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
You definitely need to come to a game.

Oh, me and my buddies are dying to go over there to see some EPL soccer live as well.
I definitely do, from everything I've seen on the Preds facebook page and the official site the tickets are really reasonable too which is great. Thats awesome, any particular teams you would like to see? The best soccer I've experienced is either Champions League or La Liga, european crowds are absolutely mental, dwarfs most of what I've seen in the EPL, unless you're at a rival game of course.

Pinguinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:38 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
I definitely do, from everything I've seen on the Preds facebook page and the official site the tickets are really reasonable too which is great. Thats awesome, any particular teams you would like to see? The best soccer I've experienced is either Champions League or La Liga, european crowds are absolutely mental, dwarfs most of what I've seen in the EPL, unless you're at a rival game of course.
Well we want to go to Old Trafford, yes I know, but it's a site we just have to see. And we plan on going over there within the next 2 years.

Old
02-28-2012, 04:42 AM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

Quote:
Well we want to go to Old Trafford, yes I know, but it's a site we just have to see. And we plan on going over there within the next 2 years.
Good choice, United fans by chance? Thoroughly recommend sitting in the Stretford End, loudest part of the stadium and sometimes the only part generating any noise. Its got a fantastic museum built in to the arena too, heres a tip, United's webpage sells tickets usually only to 'fanclub members', you can get these fanclub things discounted halfway through the season and then you have access to the best way to buy their tickets

Old
02-28-2012, 05:03 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Good choice, United fans by chance? Thoroughly recommend sitting in the Stretford End, loudest part of the stadium and sometimes the only part generating any noise. Its got a fantastic museum built in to the arena too, heres a tip, United's webpage sells tickets usually only to 'fanclub members', you can get these fanclub things discounted halfway through the season and then you have access to the best way to buy their tickets
Yeah, none of us follow soccer near as much as hockey, but we all pull for Man U. We really just got hooked on it in the past couple of years playing FIFA on the playstation 3. I just got fox soccer channel hooked up 3 weeks ago so now I can finally watch games regularly instead of just 1 game on saturday mornings at 7am.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:11 AM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

Quote:
Yeah, none of us follow soccer near as much as hockey, but we all pull for Man U. We really just got hooked on it in the past couple of years playing FIFA on the playstation 3. I just got fox soccer channel hooked up 3 weeks ago so now I can finally watch games regularly instead of just 1 game on saturday mornings at 7am.
Good call, hockey's faster pace appeals much more I find. FIFA is a great game though, always good fun to do that at uni, plus I get to reunite Ronaldo with United that way! Thats awesome, sadly over here the one channel that has NHL isnt available on half the digital boxes and we dont have the option to add it on ours, very frustrating!

Old
02-28-2012, 06:47 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Thank you very much to everyone who has answered so far.

As far as rivalries are concerned, I'm fine with most of the ones stated. Only issue is with more Habs fans coming over here from now on, you may find a little Duck love on your board. Never really been a big fan of them myself but our captain (yes, he is still our captain and he will always be) Saku plays for them and I think most of the Habs fanbase still wants to see him succeed. Hopefully that success doesn't come at the expense of the Preds. But I'm completely on board with the Perry is a POS thing and disliking the other Ducks (except maybe Selanne). I also have a soft spot for the Blues (watched Halak and D'Agostini work their way up through the AHL) and to a lesser extent the Wild. Don't care much for Columbus, Dallas, San Jose or Detroit (although Datsyuk is all kinds of fun to watch). Chicago can be fun to watch at times but outside of a couple of their players I'm not that fussed about them. I supported the Canucks in the finals last year but that was more because of a total and utter hatred of Boston so I hope that can be forgiven

I knew about a couple of the traditions (catfish, Tootoo whistles) but the standing ovation was a new one on me. The video posted was a cool sight to see, nice that it came about spontaneously and has managed to stick. I love the chants as well, one of the things I like about being a Habs fan is we aren't afraid to make some noise at a game and have fun with it. As a football/soccer fan (Everton thanks USA for Tim Howard, Landon Donovan, Brian McBride, not so much Joe Max Moore) I've heard a few good chants and if you ever need an angry one to direct at Rooney, let me know

@ predwings: you mentioned goal songs as a tradition. Does each player have their own goal song or something?

There have definately been some great Preds surnames, personally, in a world of iPads and eMails, I love the idea of an eRat. The Preds promotions team could send them out to fans. They could get onto your computer, chew through things in your recycle bin and then 'leave a little message' on your desktop. The message could be 15% off tickets in March, just quote this reference

@ PekkaRinneUK35: Have you got GCL or do you just find streams wherever you can? And if you get a chance to go to a game, do so. I went to the NHL Premiere game in London at the O2 a few years back, only NHL game I've been to but it was awesome. Would love to take in some games in Montreal at some point.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 06:56 AM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

I jumped on the wagon back when the Preds acquired my boy Fisher.

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Thank you very much to everyone who has answered so far.

As far as rivalries are concerned, I'm fine with most of the ones stated. Only issue is with more Habs fans coming over here from now on, you may find a little Duck love on your board. Never really been a big fan of them myself but our captain (yes, he is still our captain and he will always be) Saku plays for them and I think most of the Habs fanbase still wants to see him succeed. Hopefully that success doesn't come at the expense of the Preds. But I'm completely on board with the Perry is a POS thing and disliking the other Ducks (except maybe Selanne). I also have a soft spot for the Blues (watched Halak and D'Agostini work their way up through the AHL) and to a lesser extent the Wild. Don't care much for Columbus, Dallas, San Jose or Detroit (although Datsyuk is all kinds of fun to watch). Chicago can be fun to watch at times but outside of a couple of their players I'm not that fussed about them. I supported the Canucks in the finals last year but that was more because of a total and utter hatred of Boston so I hope that can be forgiven

I knew about a couple of the traditions (catfish, Tootoo whistles) but the standing ovation was a new one on me. The video posted was a cool sight to see, nice that it came about spontaneously and has managed to stick. I love the chants as well, one of the things I like about being a Habs fan is we aren't afraid to make some noise at a game and have fun with it. As a football/soccer fan (Everton thanks USA for Tim Howard, Landon Donovan, Brian McBride, not so much Joe Max Moore) I've heard a few good chants and if you ever need an angry one to direct at Rooney, let me know

@ predwings: you mentioned goal songs as a tradition. Does each player have their own goal song or something?

There have definately been some great Preds surnames, personally, in a world of iPads and eMails, I love the idea of an eRat. The Preds promotions team could send them out to fans. They could get onto your computer, chew through things in your recycle bin and then 'leave a little message' on your desktop. The message could be 15% off tickets in March, just quote this reference

@ PekkaRinneUK35: Have you got GCL or do you just find streams wherever you can? And if you get a chance to go to a game, do so. I went to the NHL Premiere game in London at the O2 a few years back, only NHL game I've been to but it was awesome. Would love to take in some games in Montreal at some point.
Big fan of Howard myself, saw him play at Old Trafford a few years ago and he was brilliant, always thought he was shown the door far too prematurely by Sir Alex, same with Phil Neville actually. Havent got GCL sadly, aiming to get it once I can afford a new laptop so generally listen to the Preds radio provided on the site as long videos cause my pc to crash .. what about you? Uni at the moment means less late nights unfortunately so usually I'm catching up the following morning. Thats awesome, Im hoping they do the same thing in London again soon, bet the ticket prices were ridiculous. I do want to experience it though, must be incredible.

Old
02-28-2012, 07:55 AM
Top 6 Spaling

I'm loving all this support! welcome aboard!

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:01 AM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
As a Habs fan joining the Preds bandwagon, I'd like to ask a few questions which might be asked by a LOT of Habs fans. This could save a lot of time at a later date when more people join the party and ease them into the Preds team. These are typically all key issues to Habs fans:

1. In descending order (most to slightly less), who are the key scapegoats on the roster and what is being done to run them out of town?

2. Which of your Dmen regularly play as wingers?

3. Which players on the team did you draft instead of someone who has gone on to be successful elsewhere? If these players are not key scapegoats, why not?

4. Does your captain speak French? How about your coach? The mascot? Any players ever driven through Quebec?

5. What percentage (roughly) of the fanbase could be considered sane, rational or logical and how loud would a person need to shout to drown them out completely in a random conversation?

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Big fan of Howard myself, saw him play at Old Trafford a few years ago and he was brilliant, always thought he was shown the door far too prematurely by Sir Alex, same with Phil Neville actually. Havent got GCL sadly, aiming to get it once I can afford a new laptop so generally listen to the Preds radio provided on the site as long videos cause my pc to crash .. what about you? Uni at the moment means less late nights unfortunately so usually I'm catching up the following morning. Thats awesome, Im hoping they do the same thing in London again soon, bet the ticket prices were ridiculous. I do want to experience it though, must be incredible.
Howard is awesome, been a fan of his for many years now. I used to watch MLS games when Channel 5 showed them late night over here. I remember watching him play for the Metrostars and he stood out on that team, partly due to his ability and partly because the defence in front of him was at times mind numbingly bad. I loved the fact he could still get the job done despite that. Was thrilled when I heard he was coming to the EPL then promptly gutted when I found out he was off to United. Thankfully, he found his way to Goodison soon enough. Great guy by all accounts off the pitch too.

I've got GCL this year, previous years I had the ESPN360/ESPNplayer service. GCL is such a huge upgrade over that ESPN service, nice to have all the features at last. Well worth it if you are interested in watching more than just one team.

Hopefully they do the London visit again, was great fun last time. Not sure if they will though, now they have found the rest of Europe which is far more into hockey than the UK. I find it's kind of a second thought over here to most people, a sport that looks good, or they saw a game on holiday but never got into properly. If that's to change, it'll either take a while to occur or it'll need a simply huge spark/event to suddenly pull people in. At least the die hards over here will keep the sport 'healthy' until then.

At the last event, tickets were something like £65 for the front few rows, £40 for the rest of the lower tier and £20 for the upper bowl. For the whole experience, I'd say it was good value. There were no other games in Europe at the time and we got a local rivalry to watch and with it being the season opener, it had a special feel to it. It was incredible to see all the different jerseys and nationalities there. In our section alone there were English, Scottish, German, American, Slovakian and I think a few Canadians, probably more too, wearing NHL, vintage, international, UK and European jerseys. Made a great sight and the rivalry of the game contrasted beautifully with the unity of all these different hockey fans coming together.

Old
02-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Bongo

I don't consider myself a bandwagon fan since I've been coming up for games since Season 1. I have to say though, after what we went through here in Atlanta it's a joy to see ice hockey properly done. If not for a lifetime of experiencing the joy of the shared, group hysteria; I might have gotten nervous after the 2nd goal the other night against the Sharks. These Saturday night games are a real hoot. I'll be back on the 24th for the Jets.

Last edited by Bongo: 02-28-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:40 AM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Wings fan here and I'm on the bandwagon as long as The Preds aren't facing the Wings.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:48 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I'm loving all this support! welcome aboard!
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
..... I have to say though, after what we went through here in Atlanta it's a joy to see ice hockey properly done....
and This.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

Quote:
Howard is awesome, been a fan of his for many years now. I used to watch MLS games when Channel 5 showed them late night over here. I remember watching him play for the Metrostars and he stood out on that team, partly due to his ability and partly because the defence in front of him was at times mind numbingly bad. I loved the fact he could still get the job done despite that. Was thrilled when I heard he was coming to the EPL then promptly gutted when I found out he was off to United. Thankfully, he found his way to Goodison soon enough. Great guy by all accounts off the pitch too.

I've got GCL this year, previous years I had the ESPN360/ESPNplayer service. GCL is such a huge upgrade over that ESPN service, nice to have all the features at last. Well worth it if you are interested in watching more than just one team.

Hopefully they do the London visit again, was great fun last time. Not sure if they will though, now they have found the rest of Europe which is far more into hockey than the UK. I find it's kind of a second thought over here to most people, a sport that looks good, or they saw a game on holiday but never got into properly. If that's to change, it'll either take a while to occur or it'll need a simply huge spark/event to suddenly pull people in. At least the die hards over here will keep the sport 'healthy' until then.

At the last event, tickets were something like £65 for the front few rows, £40 for the rest of the lower tier and £20 for the upper bowl. For the whole experience, I'd say it was good value. There were no other games in Europe at the time and we got a local rivalry to watch and with it being the season opener, it had a special feel to it. It was incredible to see all the different jerseys and nationalities there. In our section alone there were English, Scottish, German, American, Slovakian and I think a few Canadians, probably more too, wearing NHL, vintage, international, UK and European jerseys. Made a great sight and the rivalry of the game contrasted beautifully with the unity of all these different hockey fans coming together.
Met a kid in Florida a few years back who told me Howard gave him his gloves and signed them for him. The kid had tourettes syndrome and Howard apparently used to frequently go visit kids like him at their schools and stuff when he was back in the States.

That's true, the most I get from guys over here about hockey is "hockey.. like the penguins? theyre the best team right?" who then cant name a single player, even Crosby!
That really is good value, I expected it to be a lot pricier like when the NFL came over with the Dolphins a few years back. Sounds like a really good atmosphere, hopefully they'll do it again at some point

Old
02-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
Wings fan here and I'm on the bandwagon as long as The Preds aren't facing the Wings.
Understood and agreed ... BTW, I still can't believe Dino shook Claude's frigging hand

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:16 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Understood and agreed ... BTW, I still can't believe Dino shook Claude's frigging hand
after Poile's spending spree yesterday do you anticipate a change in screenname?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Met a kid in Florida a few years back who told me Howard gave him his gloves and signed them for him. The kid had tourettes syndrome and Howard apparently used to frequently go visit kids like him at their schools and stuff when he was back in the States.
That'd be because he has tourettes himself and does a lot of work to help fellow sufferers and to educate people who don't that there is a lot more to tourettes than just swearing randomly. People pick up on that because it stands out and can be used in a comical way but there are many other symptoms and the swearing thing isn't the most common of them. No points for guessing who brought that information to my attention

Quote:
That's true, the most I get from guys over here about hockey is "hockey.. like the penguins? theyre the best team right?" who then cant name a single player, even Crosby!
That really is good value, I expected it to be a lot pricier like when the NFL came over with the Dolphins a few years back. Sounds like a really good atmosphere, hopefully they'll do it again at some point
Having been born in the early 80's, I grew up in the time of #66 and #99 and talking hockey with people who weren't into the sport, they could usually name one or other but not much more. The usual comment about hockey related to how fighting was allowed. The speed, skill, teamwork aspects were totally overlooked. Shame, because when you show someone exactly what a hockey player is capable of, they tend to be impressed.

Do you play at all? I've played roller almost half my life and a few years of ice as well although had to give that up due to a hand injury that flares up in cold conditions. If you haven't, it's great fun, whether you go all in and play on an ice team (can be expensive though) or just some street hockey in your trainers like Waynes World. That's much cheaper and easier to get non-fans involved in. If you do that, you can wear a Preds jersey and tell someone on the other team that they can be Anaheim Ducks star forward Corey Perry.

Then you can beat the **** out of them

Old
02-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
after Poile's spending spree yesterday do you anticipate a change in screenname?
Nope, all are just rentals from the look of it

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:36 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Yeah yeah!

Pumped for the playoffs! Go Preds! Kostitsyn's gonna light it up!

We should make bandwagon avatars if someone's up for it!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Eb
TML

vCash: 150
Leafs fan. I'm in too lol. It is looking like you will be facing the Blues in the first round which will be tough, but GL Preds!

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Xgp

vCash: 50
When the Avs miss/get knocked out of the playoffs the past few years -- you guys have been my west team. So much talent and a great management/coaching system. Plus I'm a massive fan of the Goose

Xgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

How has no one mentioned ex-Canadien Radek Bonk as the best last name in Preds history?

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote