what to do in Göteborg?!

Old
02-27-2012, 02:22 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

vCash: 500
what to do in Göteborg?!

heja!

I`m a member of an austrian-bavarian beer-league team and we visit Sweden in October for some kind of a "training-camp" in Gislaved

we also visit Göteborg for one day and my question is if there is anything interesting you have to see. I mean, I now its a beauty of a city but don`t know anything of its sights and, obviously, some hockey-related stuff would be cool too

thanks!

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Lisberg should be open in october if youre there on the first half???? (I think)
They have this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balder_(roller_coaster) and alot more. Dont know if its good tho but they say it is.....

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:26 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
When?
Watching hockey perhaps?
http://www.frolundaindians.com/

Drinking really good beer:
http://3smarum.se/

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
What do you and your friends like to do?

Not sure if the Volvo museum is open in October but if it is, it would be a good place to go if you are into cars.

I love my city, but there isn't really that much to do here after the summer ends. The art museum might be worth checking out and there are a few nice Michelin Star-level restaurants, but other than that there isn't much.
There are bars and clubs obviously, but you'd find those in any European city this size.

Last edited by Franck: 02-28-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 03:25 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

thanks guys!

well, to clear a few things:

its a saturday at the beginning of Oct, the 6th or 7th I guess

the interests are pretty different: I`m a hugh Sweden fan and wanna see something from the town. some guys, especially the older ones, gonna focus on beer`n`booze

watching hockey would be great, but we just stay for one day, travel to Hamburg overnight. I don`t know when we leave exactly

are there any big sports-stores or something like that? buying hockey-stuff isn`t all that easy here, a really big store would be cool

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post

Drinking really good beer:
http://3smarum.se/
I concur with this. Nice place.

Riddarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:11 PM
KRM

October is the busiest month of the SEL regular season, so if you're lucky there's a game in town, otherwise you can catch it at a sports bar, and many regular bars too.

Personally I like to try the local cuisine at a high class restaurant when I'm abroad. If you're in to that I can recommend a couple really good places.

Yea there are some really big sports stores, but they are located out in the perimeter areas (Sisjön, Bäckebol), so you need a car. There's also a store called Pro Hockey Shop, close to Bäckebol.

Touristy stuff: Liseberg, it's still open that weekend. Universeum is a pretty cool science centre with a huge rainforest and aquarium. There are many good museums, museum of world culture, the city museum, maritime museum and aquarium, the Maritiman ship museum (they have a submarine you can enter), natural history museum, röhsska design museum, volvo museum. If the weather is good you can take a sightseeing tour on the canals, takes about an hour and they have guides that speak english and german. Skansen Kronan is a popular tourist attraction, you can also go to Ramberget on Hisingen, it's the city's best lookout spot.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote