HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

2-27-12 Kings @ Preds (Today's other big thing)

Old
02-28-2012, 07:22 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
That's not offside. It's not even close.
I watched it about seven times, in slow motion, and, while it was not offside, it was most certainly close. The speed at which the game is played combined with how close that was to being offside makes for a challenging read for anyone, especially a guy who is nearly 70.

They are actually one of the least homer-ish announcing tandems I have seen. My issue isn't that they are homers. It's that Crispy likes the bemoan something in second (because it didn't work), and then praise it later (because it did). They also seem to be more critical of the Predators than they are of any other team in the league. Finally, they both like to compare anything the Preds do to the Red Wings (still). Even if we aren't playing the Wings they will occasionally mention how the opponent is doing something that reminds them of Detroit, and then compare our play to it.

Anyway, aren't local announcers supposed to cater at least a little to the local fans? I don't see why it's an issue.

(P.S. I think the poster who said something about LA fans tossing around stereotypes was talking about posters in your GDT. While I think it's absolutely idiotic [not to mention against the rules], I would recommend our fans stay away from opposing GDTs if that kind of stuff bothers them. With 100,000+ members we are bound to have a bunch of idiots who want to call people they have never met "rednecks".)

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 07:45 AM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Awesome game to be at. We looked great!

Josi is amazing best game I've seen him play yet. Same with hillen.

This team is special, ive never felt this optimistic before.

Go preds
Sure was a great game to be at. Hate to wait another week to see our new guys live.
Josi/Hillen both with solid games. Also, Fish is one tough guy when he wants to be. He was running guys over.

Good 2 pts.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:38 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Anytime you can hold an offense that consists of Carter, Richards, Brown, and Kopitar to one lucky bounce goal, you played well.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
Sure was a great game to be at. Hate to wait another week to see our new guys live.
Josi/Hillen both with solid games. Also, Fish is one tough guy when he wants to be. He was running guys over.

Good 2 pts.
Fisher the next Captain?

Seriously though, what a game. No it wasn't great, but it proved something to me. The bounces went our way, and they have been going our way. That's what happens for good teams. Remember how aggravating it was to see the Wings get the lucky bounce every single time?, it's what happens for good teams. This game could easily have been 4-1 Kings, but they hit a post and had some pucks just out of reach or just in reach of a Pred. I think they also had a puck deflect off their guy into the net? don't remember.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:11 AM
VFL615*

I like Terry and Pete. They are usually pretty fair when calling the game and they are definatly not afraid to point out the same ole problems the Preds have when they do have them. Annoying is the guy in Detroit after a goal by the wings.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
I like Terry and Pete. They are usually pretty fair when calling the game and they are definatly not afraid to point out the same ole problems the Preds have when they do have them. Annoying is the guy in Detroit after a goal by the wings.
lol, you need to branch out a little, the worst broadcast group is hands down tied between hayward (ducks), blues, pitt & avs ... All are worse than the wings

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:00 AM
PredsChik

We had a newly wed couple from the DC area sitting 2 down from us last night. They were Caps fans and had come to Nashville on their honeymoon and had even had it in their plans to catch a Preds game while they were here. Bought shirts and yelled like their allegiance was with the Preds. Thought that was cool.

The guy asked the guys up behind him how exciting it us when we play Ovechkin, the guy laughed and said that he didn't like him and it wasn't a big deal and that turned into a convo regarding superstars and us not really having one, the Preds guy responded that the Preds have a shot at doing something this year an that ov was probably going to miss the playoffs.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Legionnaire11

NHL Network is set to replay this game in an hour for anyone who wants to catch an encore.

Old
02-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
NHL Network is set to replay this game in an hour for anyone who wants to catch an encore.
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out again!

Roman Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Anytime you can hold an offense that consists of Carter, Richards, Brown, and Kopitar to one lucky bounce goal, you played well.
Quote:
Fisher the next Captain?

Seriously though, what a game. No it wasn't great, but it proved something to me. The bounces went our way, and they have been going our way. That's what happens for good teams. Remember how aggravating it was to see the Wings get the lucky bounce every single time?, it's what happens for good teams. This game could easily have been 4-1 Kings, but they hit a post and had some pucks just out of reach or just in reach of a Pred. I think they also had a puck deflect off their guy into the net? don't remember.
This is why I'd like to know from an opposing fan's standpoint what the hell is wrong with us

But you guys looked great. I heard Josi's name more than anyone, though. I think he's going to be really special. I'm very impressed with the Preds' tenacity, though; I know our team plays a 'defensive' system, but it doesn't feel as up-tempo as yours or St. Louis (in terms of pressure).

Entertaining game. I truly think you're due for a conference finals appearance at the least

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out again!
wth? The replay is blacked out?

but it's on FSN, halfway through

Old
02-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Quote:
wth? The replay is blacked out?

but it's on FSN, halfway through
Gotta love the NHL's broadcast rules.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:28 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
lol, you need to branch out a little, the worst broadcast group is hands down tied between hayward (ducks), blues, pitt & avs ... All are worse than the wings
Jeff Rimer of the jackets is an abomination to broadcast coverage.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I thought that was understood ... He & his bed buddy are # 30 in any list ... everyone else that I listed imho are bottom of the league

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:49 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

We had been doing so well to avoid the "prevent" defense tactic and sitting on a lead in the third...last stretch of games we're back to it.

Nothing protects a lead like a tenacious forecheck and keeping the puck in the opposing end, says the Detroit Red Wings.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:53 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
i have it on mute if i have to watch his coverage.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:24 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Good call. That guy in Detroit is awful.

One of the benefits (as well as downfalls) of Center Ice is being able to hear opposing teams' announcers.

I'll give you all the benefit of the doubt regarding Pete and Terry. Yeah they are old. Hopefully they are replaced soon by people with better eyes and less reactionary.

Again, great game your team played yesterday. Josi looks like a stud in the making.

Last edited by RonSwanson*: 02-28-2012 at 01:39 PM.
RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Good call. That guy in Detroit is awful.

One of the benefits (as well as downfalls) of Center is being able to hear opposing teams' announcers.

I'll give you all the benefit of the doubt regarding Pete and Terry. Yeah they are old. Hopefully they are replaced soon by people with better eyes and less reactionary.

Again, great game your team played yesterday. Josi looks like a stud in the making.
Hopefully Tom Callahan takes over the tv pbp in the next couple seasons. I enjoy listening to him call the games.

See you guys next week. Good luck.