HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Botta on Chris Kreider (All Kreider discussion)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2012, 10:08 AM
  #301
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM
 
The Dark Passenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vermont -> Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsized View Post
Wow, this is awesome. Thanks for the info! Personally, I'm drooling at the thought of Kreider joining the team this season. Any added scoring would be a great help, and I'd be willing to take my chances on Kreider to add that scoring over Mitchell, Wellman, etc. That being said, where does he fit in the lines? If they feel like he's good enough for a third line spot we could roll with:

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Dubinsky-Prust
Rupp-Boyle-Feds

Moving Dubinsky back to center and putting a speedy guy like Kreider on his wing could be just what Dubi needs to kickstart his game. Only reason that I have Dubinsky at C is because Kreider creates a log jam at LW if they feel he is good enough for the 3rd line (I don't believe he's ever played RW or C before, but I could be wrong).

Either way, this doesn't seem like too much of a high risk move. Yes, he will become a Group II RFA one year earlier, but as RB mentioned he won't become a Group III until 17-18. So that's at LEAST six years of Kreider until he decides to become a Bruin Very excited to see how all of this plays out.
Kreider has been playing a lot of RW this year on a line with Michael Sit on the LW and Kevin Hayes at C.

The Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 10:12 AM
  #302
Cawlidge Hawkey
NCAA ** Juniors
 
Cawlidge Hawkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,124
vCash: 500
Sorry I haven't been keeping up on Chris. Are both parties leaning to sign him for the rest of the seasons/playoffs?

Cawlidge Hawkey is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 10:35 AM
  #303
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Stepan Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
Kreider has been playing a lot of RW this year on a line with Michael Sit on the LW and Kevin Hayes at C.
Even better. A third line of Dubinsky-Boyle-Kreider?

Stepan Glass is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 10:41 AM
  #304
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 20,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Chris Botta ‏ @ChrisBottaNHL
Without naming him, Glen Sather pretty much acknowledged Chris Kreider will sign and be a lineup option for #NYR in April.

So yeah I am drooling
If he signs does he automatically forego one year of his ECL? If so, if he signs shouldn't he better part of the lineup?

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 10:50 AM
  #305
Cawlidge Hawkey
NCAA ** Juniors
 
Cawlidge Hawkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
If he signs does he automatically forego one year of his ECL? If so, if he signs shouldn't he better part of the lineup?
Yes. If he signs, he plays in the NHL.

Cawlidge Hawkey is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 10:59 AM
  #306
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,674
vCash: 500
I think he actually has to play a game before a year of his ELC comes off. If he signs but just practices with the team, or goes to the AHL, then it doesn't burn a year

Levitate is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 11:16 AM
  #307
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,479
vCash: 500
Kreider has to play in a game this season to lose 1 year off the 3 year ELC. Sather indicated a player from school in his media session yesterday when he was asked about not making a trade. Someone said you mean college and Sather said I wasn't talking about pre-school and you can't have that young of a team with a pre-schooler. The Rangers don't have another high profile college prospect.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 11:21 AM
  #308
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 20,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Kreider has to play in a game this season to lose 1 year off the 3 year ELC. Sather indicated a player from school in his media session yesterday when he was asked about not making a trade. Someone said you mean college and Sather said I wasn't talking about pre-school and you can't have that young of a team with a pre-schooler. The Rangers don't have another high profile college prospect.
LOL, Sather has a sense of humor. Who knew?

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 11:26 AM
  #309
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,453
vCash: 500
So...does he play with his size and make the other team's D cringe when they go into a corner...or is he a softy like Dustin Penner ???

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 11:37 AM
  #310
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Amish Paradise
Country: United States
Posts: 13,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
So...does he play with his size and make the other team's D cringe when they go into a corner...or is he a softy like Dustin Penner ???
He uses his size when it comes to scoring. He's very hard to stop, and that task is only going to get more difficult as he gets stronger.

With that said, he's not a banger. So if you're expecting a power forward who drops the gloves, is known for his checking and inspires the fear of physical harm, it's not going to happen.

But with that said, I can't think of many 6'3, 220 pounders who fly like this kid.

Edge is online now  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:02 PM
  #311
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Chris Botta ‏ @ChrisBottaNHL Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Without naming him, Glen Sather pretty much acknowledged Chris Kreider will sign and be a lineup option for #NYR in April.

Andrew Gross ‏ @AGrossRecord Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Rangers GM Glen Sather says organization also anticipates signing some players out of college after season - wink, wink, Chris Kreider
If this actually happens, I'll have to eat some crow, because I was sure it wouldn't happen. They must really be high on this kid if they are willing to bring him in during a playoff race or during the playoffs and burn a year off his ELC.

I guess the positive aspect of this, which I really didn't think of before, is that if he signs and plays this year, he won't be arbitration eligible at the end of his ELC. Maybe that's why the Rangers would be willing to do it.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:05 PM
  #312
Cawlidge Hawkey
NCAA ** Juniors
 
Cawlidge Hawkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
He uses his size when it comes to scoring. He's very hard to stop, and that task is only going to get more difficult as he gets stronger.

With that said, he's not a banger. So if you're expecting a power forward who drops the gloves, is known for his checking and inspires the fear of physical harm, it's not going to happen.

But with that said, I can't think of many 6'3, 220 pounders who fly like this kid.
So would you say he's a Corey Perry-lite? And I'm only saying lite because the guy just scored 50.

Cawlidge Hawkey is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:11 PM
  #313
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
So...does he play with his size and make the other team's D cringe when they go into a corner...or is he a softy like Dustin Penner ???
In the last couple of games I've seen him play he took a few ill advised penalties but they were of the aggressive, physical nature. He wins board battles and is physical especially in the neutral zone. He doesn't forecheck all that hard but I'm sure Torts will fix that. He's not like Dustin Penner.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:21 PM
  #314
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
I would hope to God in Heaven that they keep Kreider far away from Brian Boyle.

Kreider is going to need a creative center to get him the puck.

Boyle isn't creative enough to pass to his own reflection.

Kreider plays LW to Stepan and Gaborik on the RW

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:23 PM
  #315
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 9,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
LOL, Sather has a sense of humor. Who knew?
His BFF Dolan.

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:25 PM
  #316
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
He uses his size when it comes to scoring. He's very hard to stop, and that task is only going to get more difficult as he gets stronger.

With that said, he's not a banger. So if you're expecting a power forward who drops the gloves, is known for his checking and inspires the fear of physical harm, it's not going to happen.

But with that said, I can't think of many 6'3, 220 pounders who fly like this kid.
That is why I think that the comparison to Guerrin & Eric Cole are not correct. I know you are thinking of a bigger Amonte, but, if all goes well, I think that the possibilities are...gasp......Nash or Carter. Sans Carters' attitude, off course. While he is a big body and will probably get a little bigger, Kreider is not what I would call a physical player.

True Blue is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
  #317
CapeShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Nash package = nothing but speculation.
Burning 1 yr of Kreider's ELC; also speculation, however likely, Kreider could still go back for his senior year but assuming he doesn't he could still just sign an ATO, and even if he does burn a year, i doubt it's a big deal because for Sather to make that decision, the scouting staff is gonna have to be pretty confident in Kreider's ability to jump in and make an immediate impact and I'll trust the scouts in that judgement. what ever happens, happens.
Are you all crazy. If Kreider is not signed after this season, it is highly unlikely that he will ever be playing for the Rangers. He would just sit for 2 months after graduation and take the opportunity to negotiate with 30 NHL teams, given Rangers are not the perfect fit for "arguably " the #1 NCAA prospect in the country. Rangers lose the player without any compensation. I would bet the house they come after Kreider with "max" signing that the ELC will offer. Or Else "See Ya" . Oh by the way ,no team would ever take him on a trade wioth the same signign risks.

CapeShamrock is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:30 PM
  #318
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
Unless the plan is to get Kreider into playoff games, I find very difficult to believe that Kreider is going to not play in the NCAA Tournament.

There's as good a chance that BC makes the semi's (April 5th, Rangers 2nd to last game of Season) and just as good a chance he plays in the Championship game (April 7th, Rangers last game of the season)

I highly doubt Torts inserts the kind into the roster for the 1st round of the PO's without any sort of Reg. Season preparation.

Not buying it.

BC getting bumped early changes EVERYTHING.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:32 PM
  #319
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Wouldn't it be the Rangers who wouldn't want to burn a year on his ELC, given it's for less money, and that would mean we'd have to pay him more, sooner?

Am I a total moron??

KreiMeARiver* is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:35 PM
  #320
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeShamrock View Post
Are you all crazy. If Kreider is not signed after this season, it is highly unlikely that he will ever be playing for the Rangers. He would just sit for 2 months after graduation and take the opportunity to negotiate with 30 NHL teams, given Rangers are not the perfect fit for "arguably " the #1 NCAA prospect in the country. Rangers lose the player without any compensation. I would bet the house they come after Kreider with "max" signing that the ELC will offer. Or Else "See Ya" . Oh by the way ,no team would ever take him on a trade wioth the same signign risks.
Do you know he cannot do what you are saying until August 2013?

He is graduating early. His graduation class is not until next year.

So, it's not just 2 months that he would "just sit out" it's mor elike 14 months.

Kreider is not fast tracking his graduation so he can sit around for a year+ to sign with another team.

People need to assign some logic to their tought patterns.

And how in gods name are the Rangers not the right fit for Kreider?

2 playmaking centers that can get him the puck? Check - see Richards and Stepan

A spot on the 2nd line LW? Check - Anisimov moves back to his natural center position. Dubinsky slots to AA's LW, Parise top line LW reider 2nd line LW

What about this Rangers team makes them not the right fit?

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:51 PM
  #321
Leetch3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
Wouldn't it be the Rangers who wouldn't want to burn a year on his ELC, given it's for less money, and that would mean we'd have to pay him more, sooner?

Am I a total moron??
yes what you say is true...but the potential issue from kreider's side is that BC could be done way before the semester is over. so the rangers wanting him join them immediately would mean leaving school and figuring out how to finish the semester from nyc (i'm sure bc would work with him)...instead of just finishing off the school year and turning pro after that.

Leetch3 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:53 PM
  #322
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeShamrock View Post
Are you all crazy. If Kreider is not signed after this season, it is highly unlikely that he will ever be playing for the Rangers. He would just sit for 2 months after graduation and take the opportunity to negotiate with 30 NHL teams, given Rangers are not the perfect fit for "arguably " the #1 NCAA prospect in the country. Rangers lose the player without any compensation. I would bet the house they come after Kreider with "max" signing that the ELC will offer. Or Else "See Ya" . Oh by the way ,no team would ever take him on a trade wioth the same signign risks.
not crazy. you are just misinformed. we have another year before he can pull those shenanigans. Dubi-Boyle-Kreider could be pretty sweet. His speed could really turn that line into a dynamic force.

my question is can we sign him to a ATO w/ the Whale and say he's playing really well, upgrade it to a full contract and eat the 1 year? That seems like that would make the most sense.

n8 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:54 PM
  #323
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
yes what you say is true...but the potential issue from kreider's side is that BC could be done way before the semester is over. so the rangers wanting him join them immediately would mean leaving school and figuring out how to finish the semester from nyc (i'm sure bc would work with him)...instead of just finishing off the school year and turning pro after that.
a lot of players will get incompletes on clashes, or extensions and finish in the summer. That is quite common for even regular students. shouldn't be a problem.

n8 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 01:10 PM
  #324
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
not crazy. you are just misinformed. we have another year before he can pull those shenanigans. Dubi-Boyle-Kreider could be pretty sweet. His speed could really turn that line into a dynamic force.

my question is can we sign him to a ATO w/ the Whale and say he's playing really well, upgrade it to a full contract and eat the 1 year? That seems like that would make the most sense.
He's not going to play on an ATO without first signing an NHL contract. If he gets hurt, he could end up with nothing.

I still have a hard time believing that Torts would be on board with a move like this, but if it happens, great. I'm anxious to see him play against NHL competition.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 01:15 PM
  #325
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 20,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
So would you say he's a Corey Perry-lite? And I'm only saying lite because the guy just scored 50.
More of a Bill Guerin profile (IMO) similar size, skating ability, shot, etc.

Rabid Ranger is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.