HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Botta on Chris Kreider (All Kreider discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2012, 10:08 AM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsized View Post
Wow, this is awesome. Thanks for the info! Personally, I'm drooling at the thought of Kreider joining the team this season. Any added scoring would be a great help, and I'd be willing to take my chances on Kreider to add that scoring over Mitchell, Wellman, etc. That being said, where does he fit in the lines? If they feel like he's good enough for a third line spot we could roll with:

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Dubinsky-Prust
Rupp-Boyle-Feds

Moving Dubinsky back to center and putting a speedy guy like Kreider on his wing could be just what Dubi needs to kickstart his game. Only reason that I have Dubinsky at C is because Kreider creates a log jam at LW if they feel he is good enough for the 3rd line (I don't believe he's ever played RW or C before, but I could be wrong).

Either way, this doesn't seem like too much of a high risk move. Yes, he will become a Group II RFA one year earlier, but as RB mentioned he won't become a Group III until 17-18. So that's at LEAST six years of Kreider until he decides to become a Bruin Very excited to see how all of this plays out.
Kreider has been playing a lot of RW this year on a line with Michael Sit on the LW and Kevin Hayes at C.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Cawlidge Hawkey
NCAA ** Juniors

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on Chris. Are both parties leaning to sign him for the rest of the seasons/playoffs?

Old
02-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
Kreider has been playing a lot of RW this year on a line with Michael Sit on the LW and Kevin Hayes at C.
Even better. A third line of Dubinsky-Boyle-Kreider?

Old
02-28-2012, 10:41 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Chris Botta ‏ @ChrisBottaNHL
Without naming him, Glen Sather pretty much acknowledged Chris Kreider will sign and be a lineup option for #NYR in April.

So yeah I am drooling
If he signs does he automatically forego one year of his ECL? If so, if he signs shouldn't he better part of the lineup?

Old
02-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Cawlidge Hawkey
NCAA ** Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
If he signs does he automatically forego one year of his ECL? If so, if he signs shouldn't he better part of the lineup?
Yes. If he signs, he plays in the NHL.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Levitate

I think he actually has to play a game before a year of his ELC comes off. If he signs but just practices with the team, or goes to the AHL, then it doesn't burn a year

Old
02-28-2012, 11:16 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kreider has to play in a game this season to lose 1 year off the 3 year ELC. Sather indicated a player from school in his media session yesterday when he was asked about not making a trade. Someone said you mean college and Sather said I wasn't talking about pre-school and you can't have that young of a team with a pre-schooler. The Rangers don't have another high profile college prospect.

Old
02-28-2012, 11:21 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Kreider has to play in a game this season to lose 1 year off the 3 year ELC. Sather indicated a player from school in his media session yesterday when he was asked about not making a trade. Someone said you mean college and Sather said I wasn't talking about pre-school and you can't have that young of a team with a pre-schooler. The Rangers don't have another high profile college prospect.
LOL, Sather has a sense of humor. Who knew?

Old
02-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Leetch66

So...does he play with his size and make the other team's D cringe when they go into a corner...or is he a softy like Dustin Penner ???

Old
02-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
So...does he play with his size and make the other team's D cringe when they go into a corner...or is he a softy like Dustin Penner ???
He uses his size when it comes to scoring. He's very hard to stop, and that task is only going to get more difficult as he gets stronger.

With that said, he's not a banger. So if you're expecting a power forward who drops the gloves, is known for his checking and inspires the fear of physical harm, it's not going to happen.

But with that said, I can't think of many 6'3, 220 pounders who fly like this kid.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:02 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Chris Botta ‏ @ChrisBottaNHL Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Without naming him, Glen Sather pretty much acknowledged Chris Kreider will sign and be a lineup option for #NYR in April.

Andrew Gross ‏ @AGrossRecord Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Rangers GM Glen Sather says organization also anticipates signing some players out of college after season - wink, wink, Chris Kreider
If this actually happens, I'll have to eat some crow, because I was sure it wouldn't happen. They must really be high on this kid if they are willing to bring him in during a playoff race or during the playoffs and burn a year off his ELC.

I guess the positive aspect of this, which I really didn't think of before, is that if he signs and plays this year, he won't be arbitration eligible at the end of his ELC. Maybe that's why the Rangers would be willing to do it.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Cawlidge Hawkey
NCAA ** Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
He uses his size when it comes to scoring. He's very hard to stop, and that task is only going to get more difficult as he gets stronger.

With that said, he's not a banger. So if you're expecting a power forward who drops the gloves, is known for his checking and inspires the fear of physical harm, it's not going to happen.

But with that said, I can't think of many 6'3, 220 pounders who fly like this kid.
So would you say he's a Corey Perry-lite? And I'm only saying lite because the guy just scored 50.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
In the last couple of games I've seen him play he took a few ill advised penalties but they were of the aggressive, physical nature. He wins board battles and is physical especially in the neutral zone. He doesn't forecheck all that hard but I'm sure Torts will fix that. He's not like Dustin Penner.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:21 PM
pld459666

I would hope to God in Heaven that they keep Kreider far away from Brian Boyle.

Kreider is going to need a creative center to get him the puck.

Boyle isn't creative enough to pass to his own reflection.

Kreider plays LW to Stepan and Gaborik on the RW

Old
02-28-2012, 12:23 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
LOL, Sather has a sense of humor. Who knew?
His BFF Dolan.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:25 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

That is why I think that the comparison to Guerrin & Eric Cole are not correct. I know you are thinking of a bigger Amonte, but, if all goes well, I think that the possibilities are...gasp......Nash or Carter. Sans Carters' attitude, off course. While he is a big body and will probably get a little bigger, Kreider is not what I would call a physical player.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
CapeShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Nash package = nothing but speculation.
Burning 1 yr of Kreider's ELC; also speculation, however likely, Kreider could still go back for his senior year but assuming he doesn't he could still just sign an ATO, and even if he does burn a year, i doubt it's a big deal because for Sather to make that decision, the scouting staff is gonna have to be pretty confident in Kreider's ability to jump in and make an immediate impact and I'll trust the scouts in that judgement. what ever happens, happens.
Are you all crazy. If Kreider is not signed after this season, it is highly unlikely that he will ever be playing for the Rangers. He would just sit for 2 months after graduation and take the opportunity to negotiate with 30 NHL teams, given Rangers are not the perfect fit for "arguably " the #1 NCAA prospect in the country. Rangers lose the player without any compensation. I would bet the house they come after Kreider with "max" signing that the ELC will offer. Or Else "See Ya" . Oh by the way ,no team would ever take him on a trade wioth the same signign risks.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:30 PM
pld459666

Unless the plan is to get Kreider into playoff games, I find very difficult to believe that Kreider is going to not play in the NCAA Tournament.

There's as good a chance that BC makes the semi's (April 5th, Rangers 2nd to last game of Season) and just as good a chance he plays in the Championship game (April 7th, Rangers last game of the season)

I highly doubt Torts inserts the kind into the roster for the 1st round of the PO's without any sort of Reg. Season preparation.

Not buying it.

BC getting bumped early changes EVERYTHING.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:32 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Wouldn't it be the Rangers who wouldn't want to burn a year on his ELC, given it's for less money, and that would mean we'd have to pay him more, sooner?

Am I a total moron??

Old
02-28-2012, 12:35 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeShamrock View Post
Are you all crazy. If Kreider is not signed after this season, it is highly unlikely that he will ever be playing for the Rangers. He would just sit for 2 months after graduation and take the opportunity to negotiate with 30 NHL teams, given Rangers are not the perfect fit for "arguably " the #1 NCAA prospect in the country. Rangers lose the player without any compensation. I would bet the house they come after Kreider with "max" signing that the ELC will offer. Or Else "See Ya" . Oh by the way ,no team would ever take him on a trade wioth the same signign risks.
Do you know he cannot do what you are saying until August 2013?

He is graduating early. His graduation class is not until next year.

So, it's not just 2 months that he would "just sit out" it's mor elike 14 months.

Kreider is not fast tracking his graduation so he can sit around for a year+ to sign with another team.

People need to assign some logic to their tought patterns.

And how in gods name are the Rangers not the right fit for Kreider?

2 playmaking centers that can get him the puck? Check - see Richards and Stepan

A spot on the 2nd line LW? Check - Anisimov moves back to his natural center position. Dubinsky slots to AA's LW, Parise top line LW reider 2nd line LW

What about this Rangers team makes them not the right fit?

Old
02-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
Wouldn't it be the Rangers who wouldn't want to burn a year on his ELC, given it's for less money, and that would mean we'd have to pay him more, sooner?

Am I a total moron??
yes what you say is true...but the potential issue from kreider's side is that BC could be done way before the semester is over. so the rangers wanting him join them immediately would mean leaving school and figuring out how to finish the semester from nyc (i'm sure bc would work with him)...instead of just finishing off the school year and turning pro after that.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:53 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeShamrock View Post
not crazy. you are just misinformed. we have another year before he can pull those shenanigans. Dubi-Boyle-Kreider could be pretty sweet. His speed could really turn that line into a dynamic force.

my question is can we sign him to a ATO w/ the Whale and say he's playing really well, upgrade it to a full contract and eat the 1 year? That seems like that would make the most sense.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:54 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
yes what you say is true...but the potential issue from kreider's side is that BC could be done way before the semester is over. so the rangers wanting him join them immediately would mean leaving school and figuring out how to finish the semester from nyc (i'm sure bc would work with him)...instead of just finishing off the school year and turning pro after that.
a lot of players will get incompletes on clashes, or extensions and finish in the summer. That is quite common for even regular students. shouldn't be a problem.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:10 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
not crazy. you are just misinformed. we have another year before he can pull those shenanigans. Dubi-Boyle-Kreider could be pretty sweet. His speed could really turn that line into a dynamic force.

my question is can we sign him to a ATO w/ the Whale and say he's playing really well, upgrade it to a full contract and eat the 1 year? That seems like that would make the most sense.
He's not going to play on an ATO without first signing an NHL contract. If he gets hurt, he could end up with nothing.

I still have a hard time believing that Torts would be on board with a move like this, but if it happens, great. I'm anxious to see him play against NHL competition.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
So would you say he's a Corey Perry-lite? And I'm only saying lite because the guy just scored 50.
More of a Bill Guerin profile (IMO) similar size, skating ability, shot, etc.

Closed Thread