HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official "Welcome to the Bandwagon" Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2012, 11:15 AM
  #51
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Oh, me and my buddies are dying to go over there to see some EPL soccer live as well.
Same here, but I want to go to Craven Cottage because I'm a big Fulham supporter. Come On You Whites.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:23 AM
  #52
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Yeah yeah!

Pumped for the playoffs! Go Preds! Kostitsyn's gonna light it up!

We should make bandwagon avatars if someone's up for it!
I could have a go at further adapting this if you want:



Or could try a new design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
How has no one mentioned ex-Canadien Radek Bonk as the best last name in Preds history?
Could have led to a good line with Legwand and maybe Tootoo.

Legwand Bonk Tootoo

Still prefer the Kovy Grabs T*ts line the Habs had a few years back.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Same here, but I want to go to Craven Cottage because I'm a big Fulham supporter. Come On You Whites.
Is that because of Dempsey or for other reasons?

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:33 AM
  #53
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Still prefer the Kovy Grabs T*ts line the Habs had a few years back.
hahahaha nice. My personal favorite term of the last 24 hours is "Show me your t*ts and your Pekka."


Quote:
Is that because of Dempsey or for other reasons?
Nice coincidence, but no it's not because of Dempsey. He'll be gone soon enough unfortunately.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:34 AM
  #54
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7
 
Pinguinla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: By the seaside
Country: England
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
That'd be because he has tourettes himself and does a lot of work to help fellow sufferers and to educate people who don't that there is a lot more to tourettes than just swearing randomly. People pick up on that because it stands out and can be used in a comical way but there are many other symptoms and the swearing thing isn't the most common of them. No points for guessing who brought that information to my attention



Having been born in the early 80's, I grew up in the time of #66 and #99 and talking hockey with people who weren't into the sport, they could usually name one or other but not much more. The usual comment about hockey related to how fighting was allowed. The speed, skill, teamwork aspects were totally overlooked. Shame, because when you show someone exactly what a hockey player is capable of, they tend to be impressed.

Do you play at all? I've played roller almost half my life and a few years of ice as well although had to give that up due to a hand injury that flares up in cold conditions. If you haven't, it's great fun, whether you go all in and play on an ice team (can be expensive though) or just some street hockey in your trainers like Waynes World. That's much cheaper and easier to get non-fans involved in. If you do that, you can wear a Preds jersey and tell someone on the other team that they can be Anaheim Ducks star forward Corey Perry.

Then you can beat the **** out of them
Yer I was aware he had it too, made me like him even more. Sitting behind him at Old Trafford in his early days his tick was rather noticeable. Haha no points indeed, same with me actually.

Ah I forgot about the fighting comments too, you're right it seems to be the only comment I have heard thus far about what goes on on the ice. Shame really.

Never played sadly, always wanted to pad up in goal on the ice as my uni have an ice hockey team but it costs a bomb to join etc. Roller hockey sounds like a good alternative though, might be something I consider for the future as I used to be a nifty rollerblader back in the day.

Haha tempting shame I'm not a fighter at all, people do love seeing the Preds jersey here though, always ask what sport its from and who is "Rin" or "Rinny"

Pinguinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:41 AM
  #55
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PekkaRinneUK35 View Post
Been following the Preds since last year, been a really exciting team this year and the Rinne signing was fantastic. Also meant that the Rinne home jersey I bought at the beginning of the season would be used a lot longer! Had a moment the other day ordering some NHL merchandise to the UK, ordered a hat of the Flames as they were my first team, it was only after purchasing I realised that this whole year my heart was no longer there so I altered it to a Preds draft hat. Reasons being that first thing I do when I wake up is see Preds scores and highlights, wear Rinne 35 to university and stay up to listen/watch their games. The Flames will always be special for introducing me to hockey but the organization does not make me love hockey or want to stay up at 1 till 3 or so in the morning to support them unlike the Preds. One thing I love is a solid defense and Nashville have that in abundance. Full support from me. I've only casually followed the NHL for a few seasons but I think now I've finally found out where my heart belongs regarding a team - which I think is a harder thing to find out living in the UK and having never sadly experienced live hockey. Go Preds! By the way, great game last night
I love reading **** like this. So awesome! I love it

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:44 AM
  #56
jstreet
Smashville
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,799
vCash: 1916
YOu all are good internet company, welcome to our wagon, the ice is nice in Smashville.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:45 AM
  #57
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
How has no one mentioned ex-Canadien Radek Bonk as the best last name in Preds history?
sorry, but that title, in my opinion, belongs to Vern Fiddler.

Unless we get a player some day whose last name is Banjo that one is going to be hard to beat

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:48 AM
  #58
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,363
vCash: 500
I know he's still a prospect, but Magnus Hellberg is the greatest name ever. AINEC

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:56 AM
  #59
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
hahahaha nice. My personal favorite term of the last 24 hours is "Show me your t*ts and your Pekka."


Could be adapted for the official Preds playoff drive marketing slogan.

We're putting on a show! Buy a ticket and we'll show you our T*ts and our Pekka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PekkaRinneUK35 View Post
Never played sadly, always wanted to pad up in goal on the ice as my uni have an ice hockey team but it costs a bomb to join etc. Roller hockey sounds like a good alternative though, might be something I consider for the future as I used to be a nifty rollerblader back in the day.
Which uni are you at?

Word of advice, if you want to play goalie in street hockey, if you make your own pads, it's best to be on the safe side and over-pad yourself rather than the alternative. Ouch. Not played goal for over a decade as a result but have broken a goalies throat protector with a shot and a couple months ago, took a goalies helmet clean off his head at roller with a slapshot to the cage

Also, don't play street hockey near parked cars or windows. Because, erm... because nothing, I didn't do anything. It was already like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PekkaRinneUK35 View Post
Haha tempting shame I'm not a fighter at all
I'm not a fighter either. Never fought in about 14 years of playing. I did piss one guy off (by checking him cleanly) so much though that he headbutted me.

I wear a full face cage.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
sorry, but that title, in my opinion, belongs to Vern Fiddler.

Unless we get a player some day whose last name is Banjo that one is going to be hard to beat
Haha, that'd be great. Hopefully, he'd be rubbish at checking. Then commentators could observe that Banjo couldn't hit a cows arse.


Last edited by Qui Gon Dave: 02-28-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:04 PM
  #60
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
Nashville has the most gracious, most accomodating fans in the NHL, hands down....the hospitality that has been shown to us Thrashers fans has been simply amazing, and I'm so proud to wear the blue and gold now. Life's been REALLY busy for me this winter so I haven't had a chance to be very active on the boards, but I don't miss a whole lot gamewise. Fortunately when I moved in January, I get all the Preds games on the alternate Fox Sports channel.

Also, why would anyone want to go to Old Trafford when you can watch a REAL soccer game at White Hart Lane? COYS.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:04 PM
  #61
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7
 
Pinguinla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: By the seaside
Country: England
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Which uni are you at?

Word of advice, if you want to play goalie in street hockey, if you make your own pads, it's best to be on the safe side and over-pad yourself rather than the alternative. Ouch. Not played goal for over a decade as a result but have broken a goalies throat protector with a shot and a couple months ago, took a goalies helmet clean off his head at roller with a slapshot to the cage

Also, don't play street hockey near parked cars or windows. Because, erm... because nothing, I didn't do anything. It was already like that



I'm not a fighter either. Never fought in about 14 years of playing. I did piss one guy off (by checking him cleanly) so much though that he headbutted me.

I wear a full face cage.

Kent.

Sounds brutal, but very appealing for that reason. People say football is a weak sport and I wholeheartedly agree but as a goalie its very different. Used to have bleed a lot from the nose /mouth/head area from close range saves or diving at peoples feet etc. Have a lot of scars on my body as well surprisingly.

Haha what a moron! I'm more of an agitator in sports, wind them up and let my team deal with it

Pinguinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
  #62
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7
 
Pinguinla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: By the seaside
Country: England
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
Nashville has the most gracious, most accomodating fans in the NHL, hands down....the hospitality that has been shown to us Thrashers fans has been simply amazing, and I'm so proud to wear the blue and gold now. Life's been REALLY busy for me this winter so I haven't had a chance to be very active on the boards, but I don't miss a whole lot gamewise. Fortunately when I moved in January, I get all the Preds games on the alternate Fox Sports channel.

Also, why would anyone want to go to Old Trafford when you can watch a REAL soccer game at White Hart Lane? COYS.
Have to agree, a very welcoming bunch indeed, kudos to the Preds guys on here for that Haha Spurs do produce a lot of noise to their credit. Saw the goalkeeping performance of my life vs Tottenham, Kasey Keller was stopping the likes of Beckham, Scholes and company, the only goal we got past was from the spot. USA do have some fantastic goalies

Pinguinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:30 PM
  #63
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
I could have a go at further adapting this if you want:



Or could try a new design
This is great, thanks QGD

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:33 PM
  #64
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PekkaRinneUK35 View Post
Have to agree, a very welcoming bunch indeed, kudos to the Preds guys on here for that Haha Spurs do produce a lot of noise to their credit. Saw the goalkeeping performance of my life vs Tottenham, Kasey Keller was stopping the likes of Beckham, Scholes and company, the only goal we got past was from the spot. USA do have some fantastic goalies
We have quite an American striker over at the Cottage as well........

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:48 PM
  #65
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
So does the advertisement on the top of the main page always cover up "Nashville Predators" in the Quick Jump?

Oh man is it ever frustrating!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:51 PM
  #66
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 44,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
So does the advertisement on the top of the main page always cover up "Nashville Predators" in the Quick Jump?

Oh man is it ever frustrating!
You can always become a sponsor!

(honestly I'm not sure what you are talking about. Do you mean the Forum Jump menu?)

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:53 PM
  #67
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 44,453
vCash: 500
Question: does having Habs fan join our bandwagon bring with it the luck of the winningest franchise in the history of the sport?

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:56 PM
  #68
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,437
vCash: 500
4. Does your captain speak French? How about your coach? The mascot? Any players ever driven through Quebec?

Our coach communicates primarily through his eyebrows. Occasionally he throws out something in English but it, too, is in code. You may find this helpful, though it hasn't been updated in awhile.

https://twitter.com/#!/trotzlator

As for traditions, we do things our way. Our games are usually energetic, loud, and a bit crass...it's as close to a hybrid between college football, the ECHL, traditional hockey, and a honky tonk as you'll find. Alice Cooper and Vince Gill singing at the intermission...yeah, we've done that. Red Wing slung octopus being sliced up by our player's skate? On purpose? Yes, that brought the house down. Catfish held aloft with no "ewwww" by the ice girl? You betcha! That's what happens when you get to grow your own team.


Unusual/Cool Names on the Preds: Bubba Berenzweig Chet Pickard ToooooooTooooooo Goc MAGNUS HELLBERG (gotta say it with power!)


Last edited by Adz: 02-28-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:57 PM
  #69
Jonesey
Moderator
Sons of Anarchy
 
Jonesey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 7,970
vCash: 500
awesome to see all these new preds fans!!

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:15 PM
  #70
Shea Weber
Registered User
 
Shea Weber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
Welcome bandwagoners!

Don't get in the way of my slapper. It has been known to fracture bones of teammates and opposing players alike.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:32 PM
  #71
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
You can always become a sponsor!

(honestly I'm not sure what you are talking about. Do you mean the Forum Jump menu?)
Yup, that's the one. The ad goes right over the Preds sub-form link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Question: does having Habs fan join our bandwagon bring with it the luck of the winningest franchise in the history of the sport?
Hopefully, although the last time the Habs won the cup, I was 5 months old, so maybe I'm more of a curse.



Also, you guys have a thread with your twitters? If not, just rattle them off here so I can follow. I'm @RoyBoyCoy

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:13 PM
  #72
Pattypred
Registered User
 
Pattypred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Also, you guys have a thread with your twitters? If not, just rattle them off here so I can follow. I'm @RoyBoyCoy
I just followed you on Twitter and mentioned you.

Welcome to Smashville.

Go Preds!!!!

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:20 PM
  #73
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PekkaRinneUK35 View Post
Kent

Sounds brutal, but very appealing for that reason. People say football is a weak sport and I wholeheartedly agree but as a goalie its very different.

Haha what a moron! I'm more of an agitator in sports, wind them up and let my team deal with it
Not sure I know anyone at Kent, will have an ask around at training when it's next on. If there is anyone there, might be able to find you someone to play against.

I don't think playing goalie in hockey is especially brutal, once you have the right pads Although shots can still hurt in full pads, I think the worst of it comes from people going after loose pucks, covered pucks and people crashing the net. I've met a bunch of goalies since I started playing, they all seemed to enjoy moaning about how hard it is to stand pretty much still for 60 minutes sorry goalie nation

Yeah, couldn't believe he did that. I had a good laugh about that later. I wasn't alone in doing so. No accounting for some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
This is great, thanks QGD
Glad you like. I'll probably update it when I have a pic of him in a Preds jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Question: does having Habs fan join our bandwagon bring with it the luck of the winningest franchise in the history of the sport?
Erm, yeah. Sure. That's exactly what it does. Especially this season. No bad luck or jinx's here. Oooh, look over there --> Is that Shea Weber's beard or a majestic Ox?

Hopefully we bring good luck. More likely we bring one or two idiots but never mind about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Our coach communicates primarily through his eyebrows. Occasionally he throws out something in English but it, too, is in code. You may find this helpful, though it hasn't been updated in awhile.

https://twitter.com/#!/trotzlator
Thanks for that. I'll have a proper read of it later but after a quick look it seems like an invaluable resource.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
Welcome bandwagoners!

Don't get in the way of my slapper. It has been known to fracture bones of teammates and opposing players alike.
Oh, it was your beard. I temporarily mistook it for a majestic Ox. Sorry about that. Watch out for Andrei's slapshot in training, it's almost as fast as yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
Nashville has the most gracious, most accomodating fans in the NHL, hands down....the hospitality that has been shown to us Thrashers fans has been simply amazing, and I'm so proud to wear the blue and gold now.
I can't comment on whether they are the most gracious or accomodating fans in the NHL, I'd need a better knowledge of various other fanbases. But you all seem like a super bunch of people so far who are very welcoming and willing to accept the odd idiot who strays your way (howdy)

If my boy AK re-signs with you in the summer, that would probably make you my team out west, ahead of the Avs. Loving my time here so far. Cheers


Edit: By the way, which are the best online media sources for the Preds?

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:35 PM
  #74
Shea Weber
Registered User
 
Shea Weber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
By the way, which are the best online media sources for the Preds?
www.ontheforecheck.com is my personal favorite.

Twitter: @Forechecker

Also:

@JoshuaCooper (beat writer for local paper)
@PredsNHL (official team twitter)
@Cellblock303
@Smashville247

There are, of course, several others.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:46 PM
  #75
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,363
vCash: 500
Personal experiment time!

Im curious what your pre-conceived ideas of the Predators are. How are we seen by other fanbases? Do you still hear quips about our attendance in Montreal and Buffalo? If you bring up the Preds to the average fan in a "traditional market", what response do you get?

Im excited to see how your ideas change!

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.