HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils at Rangers

View Poll Results: 3 Stars???
Lundqvist 118 72.39%
McDonagh 123 75.46%
Hagelin 145 88.96%
Callahan 42 25.77%
Girardi 12 7.36%
Stralman 4 2.45%
Gaborik 12 7.36%
Stepan 2 1.23%
Anisimov 3 1.84%
Bickel 2 1.23%
Dubinsky 4 2.45%
Prust 3 1.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Meh a hard fought, albeit boring, close game. I wish we buried our empty nets, but what can you do? I just hope that you guys dont think that there would be a Rangers sweep if we met in the playoffs. Every game has been a nailbiter
Eh, I don't think anyone on this board is "scared" of the Devils in a playoff series. I think most of us are fairly confident we would win if we played our game. However, I don't think I've seen anyone implying we would sweep. The Devils are a good team. Even though we hate them, we still have grudging respect.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:11 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
What goons do the Devils have? That was an absolutely pathetic game by Clarkson and personally I hope he gets suspended for a game or gets benched by DeBoer. The only "goon" we have was sitting in a suit somewhere last night.

Congrats on your win. I hope we don't face you in the playoffs because I would like my marriage to last a lot longer!
Don't know if this in response to my post since you didn't quote but I'll respond if the examples in my post regarding Boulton's crap at the faceoff dot with Gaborik or trying to get Staal to drop with him (as i posted earlier honor the code you want to fight do it with a fighter), or Zubrus headhunting Callahan, Richards and Hagelin all on the same shift...

That was garbage from Boulton and Zubrus, very un-Devil like.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
I actually didn't see that so I can't comment. But what Rupp did to Clarkson was pretty goonish during the faceoff circle, wasn't it?
Clarkson was impeding on the circle and Rupp was just making sure he wasn't called for it by pulling him back out.

Clarkson was the one who decided to get violent about it. Talk about lack of appreciation.

02-28-2012, 09:22 AM
bmw2004

Hagelin was flying last night and was great on the boards. Imagine if Dubinsky, Boyle and Anisimov would change their game around and start scoring some goals?! If Richards would start earning his pay check and play harder every game. This team would be ****ing unbeatable.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:28 AM
ran1gers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
How did Milbury, et all think that game was boring? Did he not watch? Sure, there wasn't much scoring, but the electricity, physicality made it one of the more enjoyable games I've watched all year.

That was a playoff-like atmosphere. I loved it.

Give me fights, hitting up the wazoo, tight defense, and sick goaltending any day.
Milbury is a complete A$$, he should not even be talking hockey. He DESTROYED (much to my pleasure) the Islanders. Can't stand to watch his bloated face on TV.

ran1gers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

The Rangers were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights and the Devils were playing the 2nd game of back to back. Not sure what NBC expected? Both teams were tired and it showed.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:40 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Don't know if this in response to my post since you didn't quote but I'll respond if the examples in my post regarding Boulton's crap at the faceoff dot with Gaborik or trying to get Staal to drop with him (as i posted earlier honor the code you want to fight do it with a fighter), or Zubrus headhunting Callahan, Richards and Hagelin all on the same shift...

That was garbage from Boulton and Zubrus, very un-Devil like.
I didn't see Boulton on the faceoff with Gaborik so I can't comment on it, sorry.

Zubrus isn't a goon and isn't a head hunter. I think he was just thrown off his game, like most of my team was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Clarkson was impeding on the circle and Rupp was just making sure he wasn't called for it by pulling him back out.

Clarkson was the one who decided to get violent about it. Talk about lack of appreciation.
We're going to have different opinions on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
The Rangers were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights and the Devils were playing the 2nd game of back to back. Not sure what NBC expected? Both teams were tired and it showed.
Which was also our 3rd game in 4 nights. I agree both teams looked wiped out.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:44 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
I didn't see Boulton on the faceoff with Gaborik so I can't comment on it, sorry.

Zubrus isn't a goon and isn't a head hunter. I think he was just thrown off his game, like most of my team was.

We're going to have different opinions on that.
So you wouldn't consider Zubrus throwing elbow/forearms to the heads of 3 different players on the same shift before he finally got called, goonery?

If you don't think that's goonery would love to hear your definition.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:45 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Would hate to see the Devils in the playoffs anytime before the ECF.

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:01 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
So you wouldn't consider Zubrus throwing elbow/forearms to the heads of 3 different players on the same shift before he finally got called, goonery?

If you don't think that's goonery would love to hear your definition.
That's not what I said. I said Zubrus isn't a goon. No where did I say that I thought what he did was acceptable.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Poozer

Not sure if its been posted, but no supplemental discipline is coming for Clarkson, which is total crap.

https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/...13286358896640

Poozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:21 AM
mrudds2911
NYR

Feels good. The atmosphere last night was insane. Before the puck even dropped. Definitely felt like a playoff game. What a defensive performance.

I really don't understand how some people thought it was a boring game. It was an intense, hard hitting, defensive minded game. We shut their offense down completely.

McD and Haggy were definitely our most noticeable players out there last night. McDonagh played his best game I've seen him play. Absolutely Stellar.

I couldn't be any happier with this team than I am right now.

mrudds2911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:26 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poozer View Post
Not sure if its been posted, but no supplemental discipline is coming for Clarkson, which is total crap.

https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/...13286358896640
I hope he gets fined at least. There was no injury so that's probably why. Welcome to the Shanahan world of discipline.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:30 AM
GAGLine

Anyone else see Bettman at the game last night? He was right behind us as we were coming up the escalator, tower D, at about 7:20.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:35 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
That's not what I said. I said Zubrus isn't a goon. No where did I say that I thought what he did was acceptable.
And I never called anyone on the Devils a goon...I commented on the goonery displayed by guys like Boulton and Zubrus last night and cited specific examples...it appears you may haven taken my original post out of context.

So it seems we agree

Old
02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
McMonster

Ryan McDonagh is #1 star, IMO... the kid was unbelievable last night

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:59 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Talking to a friend of mine today who is a Devils fan according to him the Rangers were "taking liberties" with Parise all night...How delusional are these Debbies fans, checking is now considered taking liberties LMAO

Old
02-28-2012, 11:04 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

I thought the call was fine on Clarkson and I agree with the no supplemental discipline. Clarkson was an idiot last night and the hit was stupid but he didn't really hit whoever it was (Dubi?) hard and he wasn't in a vulnerable position. Two minute minor was good enough for me.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Blueshirt Special

Clarkson is Claude 2.0

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
And the Oscar goes to...Martin Brodeur! That was a little much...even I laughed at it.
What did he say?

got a youtube?

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:20 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
What did he say?

got a youtube?
Dive

02-28-2012, 11:26 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
That was a boring game last night. However, a win is a win......
However, It sure has made hockey not as exciting to watch. The late 80's and early 90's is when hockey was at its best. End to end rushes, wide open systems with skill level and creativity on display, fights, intimidation and intensity. I wish the league would get back to that style of play.
Agree 100%.

And the quickest way to return to that style of play, is to go back to "realisticly-sized" goalie equipment designed to protect the goalie, not designed to keep the puck out of the net.

And no, that's NOT a backhanded insult on Lundqvist, as we're now past the tipping point where I'd say more than 50% of NHL goalies all wear the gigantic equipment. It's bull***. Here's a picture of Ranger great Beezer, looking like a normal human being (is that a 5-hole I see? Wow, I remember those!). AMAZING how he didnt get injured every game!!! This is the #1 change that could be affected to improve the game, but it's NOT going to happen, because since more than 1/2 the GM's now employ "goaliebeasts", they're not going to vote to weaken their team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Boulton has lost every fight he's been in this year..
I hate having Boulton in the lineup, and wished someone claimed him off waivers, but facts are facts, and Boulton wins most of his fights. Hockeyfights.com has him at 5-2 this year in his 7 fights.

Quote:
Clarkson isn't getting a Mensa invite anytime soon.
Crack is wack. I have no idea WTH he was thinking last night. I know he get's pumped to play the Rangers and has said so, but last night he was like a 13 year old kid on a Ritalin overdose.

Quote:
pathetic game by Clarkson and personally I hope he gets suspended for a game
Okay, lets not get all cray-cray, definitely not NHL suspension worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Clarkson is a great fighter. I wont take that away from him. However, he picks and chooses his battles. Id like to see him go with Lucic, or Prust or Clowe even.
He has fought some heavyweights the last few years, but you have to consider he's only 6'1" and 200 pounds, not 6'"4 and 235. But more than that, the guy's on pace for a 32 goal season. He's NOT a guy the Devils want getting involved in a fight or two every game and missing 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay every night (or 19 minutes like last night).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Janssens, Boulton.

Most teams don't even employ a goon now, Devils have 2.
And they would be better with ZERO. The 4th line has lost probably 1/3 of the Devils games losses this season singlehandedly. For the life of me, I dont understand why they dont call up one of the better AHL guys (Zharkov) and give them the minutes. CJ and EB in the lineup at the same time results in one or two goals against PER night = disaster.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
The year they implemented tighter goaltending equipment restrictions, particularly on leg pads in response to goaltender height, Lundqvist got better. His stats improved across the board. And he has not gone down since.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Agree 100%.

And the quickest way to return to that style of play, is to go back to "realisticly-sized" goalie equipment designed to protect the goalie, not designed to keep the puck out of the net.
That's ridiculous. The reason the NHL is so tight these days is there's a greater emphasis on defense, especially team defense. Reducing goalie equipment and lessening their effectiveness would just make team defense that much more important. We'd see more "garbage goals" but in terms of actual play the quality would probably get even worse. Every team would focus on blocking shots before they get to the goalie

Those times are long gone, as the game has progressed and defensive systems are very important to team success these days, and no one is ever going to go back on that

Quote:
(is that a 5-hole I see? Wow, I remember those!).
Have you seen Marty Biron lately?

Quote:
AMAZING how he didnt get injured every game!!!
While this isn't a point I would argue myself, I think it is quite likely that the overall speed and power of shots has gone up these days as players are more athletic and have better equipment

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Dive
ohhh, that.

anyone have a youtube?

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote