HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Sillinger

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Frenzy1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesRock
Whats his status? I saw he left the last game early. Is he playing tonight?
Yes, he is playing tonight. He had some back issues due to a hit in the game Monday night. We will see how things go, I guess....

Old
01-26-2006, 08:34 PM
DudeCar

2 PP goals tonight; he's fine .

Old
01-29-2006, 04:58 AM
Safir*

Sillinger traded to Nashville

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=152741&hubname=nhl

Quote:
The Atlanta Thrashers are dying in the faceoff department without Bobby Holik and are on the lookout for a checking centre. The name of St. Louis Blues centre Mike Sillinger keeps popping up as a possibility
What do want from the Thrashers for Sillinger?

Atlanta is lacking two-way forwards and good PK players and I hope that he can improve the Thrashers a little.

With whom has he been playing with in St.Louis so far this season?

Old
01-29-2006, 05:47 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kärppä32
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=152741&hubname=nhl

What do want from the Thrashers for Sillinger?

Atlanta is lacking two-way forwards and good PK players and I hope that he can improve the Thrashers a little.

With whom has he been playing with in St.Louis so far this season?
Sil's played almost everywhere this year. He's been our 3rd line center with Drake and Mayers; he's been the first line RW with Tkachuk and Cajanek, he's been the 2nd line RW with Weight and McAmmond, he's been the 1st line center with Tkachuk and Young. Lately he's played a lot as our 2nd line center with Drake and Young. Anywhere he's playecd this season he's put up points so IMO there's no question that he'd improve your team. If you put him with Kozlov and Bondra you could have yourself a very nice 2nd line.

I'd hope that Sillinger is available in a trade as I think he has almost as much return value as Weight does. IMO the starting bid should be a 2/3 line prospect and a 3rd round pick. I'm not too familiar with Atlanta's system so make your best offer.

Old
01-29-2006, 05:57 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
Sil's played almost everywhere this year. He's been our 3rd line center with Drake and Mayers; he's been the first line RW with Tkachuk and Cajanek, he's been the 2nd line RW with Weight and McAmmond, he's been the 1st line center with Tkachuk and Young. Lately he's played a lot as our 2nd line center with Drake and Young. Anywhere he's playecd this season he's put up points so IMO there's no question that he'd improve your team. If you put him with Kozlov and Bondra you could have yourself a very nice 2nd line.

I'd hope that Sillinger is available in a trade as I think he has almost as much return value as Weight does. IMO the starting bid should be a 2/3 line prospect and a 3rd round pick. I'm not too familiar with Atlanta's system so make your best offer.
Great this sounds very good. Heartley is known to mix his lines somewhat from time to time. Atlanta has a couple of good prospects on defence, but so does St.Louis.

Would you be interested in Patrick Stefan?

Old
01-29-2006, 06:07 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Not really.

Old
01-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Great this sounds very good. Heartley is known to mix his lines somewhat from time to time. Atlanta has a couple of good prospects on defence, but so does St.Louis.

Since Stefan will be a UFA after '06-07, he doesn't fit in with what we'd be trying to do - but I suspect we'd have to take salary back to help Atlanta with the cap. The guy I want is Jordan LaVallee.

01-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Since Stefan will be a UFA after '06-07, he doesn't fit in with what we'd be trying to do - but I suspect we'd have to take salary back to help Atlanta with the cap. The guy I want is Jordan LaVallee.

I think DW is going to try to hold on to him. I can understand why you would want him. Atlanta is pretty thin in the forward prospect area, so I can't really see them trading any of their really good ones away. We have D and goalies to the hilt though. Our HF reporter has an update on our CHL and NCAA guys up on the team's HF page, you could see if any of those guys interest you, although I am going to go out on a limb and say that Valabik is off limits as well.

DW has said that he is willing to trade picks, so I think that will be what the offer is, although we do have some forwards that could be moved.

Stefan (needs to be a 3rd line center, not a 2nd; also a PK'r and a decent one)
Aubin (is currently playing center, better as a 3rd or 4th wing and another decent PK'r)
Petrovicky (I personally like this guy, loves to hit, good on the forecheck, and can provide energy, he also contributes goals, he has disappeared at times this year and is currently in Hartley's dog house, but I think he is a lunch pail type that plays with his heart. Played on Atl's second PP unit before the dog house as well.)

Any of these guys together or paired with a pick peak your interest?

Old
01-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Irish Blues

Petrovicky doesn't impress me, Aubin would be just another "energy guy" taking up space on the 3rd/4th lines, and we already have 126 of those guys on the roster right now.

Stefan and a 3rd in '07 plus a conditional pick in '07 based on how far Atlanta goes in the playoffs; out of the 1st round = 6th round, out of the 2nd round = 4th round, into the Finals = 2nd round, the Cup = 1st round.

Old
01-29-2006, 12:55 PM
yentlmania

Stefan would fit here, he has size, speed, potential but takes some nights off, perhaps a change of scenery is all that is needed.

IB, out of interest why the draft picks in '07 vs. '06?

Old
01-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Irish Blues

Depth in the '06 draft. IMO there's not a lot of it there, you don't hear people talking about a player being a potential 3rd/4th round pick and a future NHL'er like I'm accustomed to seeing when people talk about the current year's draft class. I think there's more depth (and thus more chances to get guys who'll be able to help the Blues) in '07 - obviously time will tell, but that's just my gut feeling right now.

Old
01-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Phaneuf*

Sillinger

Hey Blues fan what would it take to get Mike Sillinger from your team?

Old
01-29-2006, 06:31 PM
c9orf

Be careful what you ask for...

Old
01-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Irish Blues

I'm going to merge this into the other Sillinger trade thread shortly.

A 3rd or a mid-level prospect. He's 22-19-41 this season and still at almost 56% on faceoffs, he's worth a 3rd given that his performance comes on the worst team in the league and he's played all 3 forward positions on the 1st-3rd lines this season.

Old
01-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Do you think Laurie would be ok trading him to his brother-in-law?

Old
01-29-2006, 09:35 PM
lemieux32*

Strickland is saying he was traded to Nashville for a Russian prospect and will follow up with more later.

Old
01-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Do you think Laurie would be ok trading him to his brother-in-law?
Since he's gone to Nashville, I'm thinking "no" - but you might try your luck on someone else?

Old
01-29-2006, 10:03 PM
leafaholix*

if teh blues got t. shish. you stole him. he'll be a great player in the nhl.

Old
01-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Since he's gone to Nashville, I'm thinking "no" - but you might try your luck on someone else?
Sounds like more than I'd want the Avs to get up for him anyway. Other fish in the sea.

Old
01-29-2006, 10:19 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore_boy
if teh blues got t. shish. you stole him. he'll be a great player in the nhl.
I don't know. We felt that way 2 years ago, but he's not shown any improvement in that time. He's skilled...and big...but doesn't play defense and he's soft as a teddy bear. He has a great game here and there...and then goes completely invisible for 5 or 6 games in a row.

Honestly, I hope this turns out not to be true...Sillinger is having a good year, but i dont' think he's the solution to the Preds problems, either.

Old
01-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I don't know. We felt that way 2 years ago, but he's not shown any improvement in that time. He's skilled...and big...but doesn't play defense and he's soft as a teddy bear. He has a great game here and there...and then goes completely invisible for 5 or 6 games in a row.

Honestly, I hope this turns out not to be true...Sillinger is having a good year, but i dont' think he's the solution to the Preds problems, either.
Strickland wouldn't throw something like that out if it wasn't true. I don't get why Nashville would want him, but who knows? I guess David Poile figures having Perreault and Sillinger to take faceoffs is better than just having Perreault - plus Sillinger is bringing offense Perreault isn't this season.

Old
01-29-2006, 10:25 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Strickland wouldn't throw something like that out if it wasn't true. I don't get why Nashville would want him, but who knows? I guess David Poile figures having Perreault and Sillinger to take faceoffs is better than just having Perreault - plus Sillinger is bringing offense Perreault isn't this season.
...Perreault has 3 less goals than Sillinger...

Closed Thread