HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Sillinger

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2006, 08:35 PM
  #26
Frenzy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesRock
Whats his status? I saw he left the last game early. Is he playing tonight?
Yes, he is playing tonight. He had some back issues due to a hit in the game Monday night. We will see how things go, I guess....

Frenzy1 is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 08:34 PM
  #27
DudeCar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
2 PP goals tonight; he's fine .

DudeCar is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 04:58 AM
  #28
Safir*
 
Safir*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 13,959
vCash: 500
Sillinger traded to Nashville

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=152741&hubname=nhl

Quote:
The Atlanta Thrashers are dying in the faceoff department without Bobby Holik and are on the lookout for a checking centre. The name of St. Louis Blues centre Mike Sillinger keeps popping up as a possibility
What do want from the Thrashers for Sillinger?

Atlanta is lacking two-way forwards and good PK players and I hope that he can improve the Thrashers a little.

With whom has he been playing with in St.Louis so far this season?

Safir* is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 05:47 AM
  #29
kimzey59
Registered User
 
kimzey59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kärppä32
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=152741&hubname=nhl



What do want from the Thrashers for Sillinger?

Atlanta is lacking two-way forwards and good PK players and I hope that he can improve the Thrashers a little.

With whom has he been playing with in St.Louis so far this season?
Sil's played almost everywhere this year. He's been our 3rd line center with Drake and Mayers; he's been the first line RW with Tkachuk and Cajanek, he's been the 2nd line RW with Weight and McAmmond, he's been the 1st line center with Tkachuk and Young. Lately he's played a lot as our 2nd line center with Drake and Young. Anywhere he's playecd this season he's put up points so IMO there's no question that he'd improve your team. If you put him with Kozlov and Bondra you could have yourself a very nice 2nd line.

I'd hope that Sillinger is available in a trade as I think he has almost as much return value as Weight does. IMO the starting bid should be a 2/3 line prospect and a 3rd round pick. I'm not too familiar with Atlanta's system so make your best offer.

kimzey59 is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 05:57 AM
  #30
Safir*
 
Safir*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 13,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
Sil's played almost everywhere this year. He's been our 3rd line center with Drake and Mayers; he's been the first line RW with Tkachuk and Cajanek, he's been the 2nd line RW with Weight and McAmmond, he's been the 1st line center with Tkachuk and Young. Lately he's played a lot as our 2nd line center with Drake and Young. Anywhere he's playecd this season he's put up points so IMO there's no question that he'd improve your team. If you put him with Kozlov and Bondra you could have yourself a very nice 2nd line.

I'd hope that Sillinger is available in a trade as I think he has almost as much return value as Weight does. IMO the starting bid should be a 2/3 line prospect and a 3rd round pick. I'm not too familiar with Atlanta's system so make your best offer.
Great this sounds very good. Heartley is known to mix his lines somewhat from time to time. Atlanta has a couple of good prospects on defence, but so does St.Louis.

Would you be interested in Patrick Stefan?

Safir* is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 06:07 AM
  #31
kimzey59
Registered User
 
kimzey59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kärppä32
Would you be interested in Patrick Stefan?
Not really.

kimzey59 is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 09:24 AM
  #32
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kärppä32
Great this sounds very good. Heartley is known to mix his lines somewhat from time to time. Atlanta has a couple of good prospects on defence, but so does St.Louis.

Would you be interested in Patrick Stefan?
Since Stefan will be a UFA after '06-07, he doesn't fit in with what we'd be trying to do - but I suspect we'd have to take salary back to help Atlanta with the cap. The guy I want is Jordan LaVallee.

__________________
No promises this time.
Irish Blues is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 10:23 AM
  #33
Shameus
Moderator
 
Shameus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Middle of a Migraine
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Since Stefan will be a UFA after '06-07, he doesn't fit in with what we'd be trying to do - but I suspect we'd have to take salary back to help Atlanta with the cap. The guy I want is Jordan LaVallee.

I think DW is going to try to hold on to him. I can understand why you would want him. Atlanta is pretty thin in the forward prospect area, so I can't really see them trading any of their really good ones away. We have D and goalies to the hilt though. Our HF reporter has an update on our CHL and NCAA guys up on the team's HF page, you could see if any of those guys interest you, although I am going to go out on a limb and say that Valabik is off limits as well.

DW has said that he is willing to trade picks, so I think that will be what the offer is, although we do have some forwards that could be moved.

Stefan (needs to be a 3rd line center, not a 2nd; also a PK'r and a decent one)
Aubin (is currently playing center, better as a 3rd or 4th wing and another decent PK'r)
Petrovicky (I personally like this guy, loves to hit, good on the forecheck, and can provide energy, he also contributes goals, he has disappeared at times this year and is currently in Hartley's dog house, but I think he is a lunch pail type that plays with his heart. Played on Atl's second PP unit before the dog house as well.)

Any of these guys together or paired with a pick peak your interest?

Shameus is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 12:13 PM
  #34
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Petrovicky doesn't impress me, Aubin would be just another "energy guy" taking up space on the 3rd/4th lines, and we already have 126 of those guys on the roster right now.

Stefan and a 3rd in '07 plus a conditional pick in '07 based on how far Atlanta goes in the playoffs; out of the 1st round = 6th round, out of the 2nd round = 4th round, into the Finals = 2nd round, the Cup = 1st round.

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 12:55 PM
  #35
yentlmania
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Stefan would fit here, he has size, speed, potential but takes some nights off, perhaps a change of scenery is all that is needed.

IB, out of interest why the draft picks in '07 vs. '06?

yentlmania is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 02:41 PM
  #36
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Depth in the '06 draft. IMO there's not a lot of it there, you don't hear people talking about a player being a potential 3rd/4th round pick and a future NHL'er like I'm accustomed to seeing when people talk about the current year's draft class. I think there's more depth (and thus more chances to get guys who'll be able to help the Blues) in '07 - obviously time will tell, but that's just my gut feeling right now.

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 06:11 PM
  #37
Phaneuf*
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Sillinger

Hey Blues fan what would it take to get Mike Sillinger from your team?

Phaneuf* is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 06:31 PM
  #38
c9orf
Registered User
 
c9orf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Be careful what you ask for...

c9orf is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 06:55 PM
  #39
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
I'm going to merge this into the other Sillinger trade thread shortly.

A 3rd or a mid-level prospect. He's 22-19-41 this season and still at almost 56% on faceoffs, he's worth a 3rd given that his performance comes on the worst team in the league and he's played all 3 forward positions on the 1st-3rd lines this season.

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 07:55 PM
  #40
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,657
vCash: 500
Do you think Laurie would be ok trading him to his brother-in-law?

Hasbro is online now  
Old
01-29-2006, 09:35 PM
  #41
lemieux32*
 
lemieux32*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Strickland is saying he was traded to Nashville for a Russian prospect and will follow up with more later.

lemieux32* is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 09:43 PM
  #42
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Do you think Laurie would be ok trading him to his brother-in-law?
Since he's gone to Nashville, I'm thinking "no" - but you might try your luck on someone else?

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 10:03 PM
  #43
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
if teh blues got t. shish. you stole him. he'll be a great player in the nhl.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 10:15 PM
  #44
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Since he's gone to Nashville, I'm thinking "no" - but you might try your luck on someone else?
Sounds like more than I'd want the Avs to get up for him anyway. Other fish in the sea.

Hasbro is online now  
Old
01-29-2006, 10:19 PM
  #45
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore_boy
if teh blues got t. shish. you stole him. he'll be a great player in the nhl.
I don't know. We felt that way 2 years ago, but he's not shown any improvement in that time. He's skilled...and big...but doesn't play defense and he's soft as a teddy bear. He has a great game here and there...and then goes completely invisible for 5 or 6 games in a row.

Honestly, I hope this turns out not to be true...Sillinger is having a good year, but i dont' think he's the solution to the Preds problems, either.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 10:23 PM
  #46
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I don't know. We felt that way 2 years ago, but he's not shown any improvement in that time. He's skilled...and big...but doesn't play defense and he's soft as a teddy bear. He has a great game here and there...and then goes completely invisible for 5 or 6 games in a row.

Honestly, I hope this turns out not to be true...Sillinger is having a good year, but i dont' think he's the solution to the Preds problems, either.
Strickland wouldn't throw something like that out if it wasn't true. I don't get why Nashville would want him, but who knows? I guess David Poile figures having Perreault and Sillinger to take faceoffs is better than just having Perreault - plus Sillinger is bringing offense Perreault isn't this season.

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 10:25 PM
  #47
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Strickland wouldn't throw something like that out if it wasn't true. I don't get why Nashville would want him, but who knows? I guess David Poile figures having Perreault and Sillinger to take faceoffs is better than just having Perreault - plus Sillinger is bringing offense Perreault isn't this season.
...Perreault has 3 less goals than Sillinger...

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.