HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumours Part IX: Nash Svidaniya; End of the road

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2012, 10:24 AM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
According to Yahoo's Puck Daddy, the asking price the Jackets wanted was Dubinsky, either McD or MDZ, either Hagelin or Stepan, Kreider, and a 2012 1st.

Get me some of that stuff Howson is smoking.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
According to Yahoo's Puck Daddy, the asking price the Jackets wanted was Dubinsky, either McD or MDZ, either Hagelin or Stepan, Kreider, and a 2012 1st.

He's ****ing delusional. Thankfully delusional enough to make that mistake about mentioning that it was in fact NASH who requested a trade. The little leverage he had is now completely gone. Nash's list won't change and the offers won't change. Especially now.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:29 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

Howson is a jackass if he really thought Glen Sather was going to give him anything close to that. That is just poor management ability if you really think you can get that return for a player who averages 60-65 points a season and has a $7.8million/year contract. Awful..just awful. I guess he hasn't seen how past trades for guys like Thornton and Pronger went down.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

he didnt

he was never going to trade nash so he asked for packages that literally were impossible for the other teams to fill.

he gave nash the finger basically

Old
02-28-2012, 10:34 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Howson is a jackass if he really thought Glen Sather was going to give him anything close to that. That is just poor management ability if you really think you can get that return for a player who averages 60-65 points a season and has a $7.8million/year contract. Awful..just awful. I guess he hasn't seen how past trades for guys like Thornton and Pronger went down.
Tell you the God's honest truth, I don't know if I trade those players for a Stamkos/Malkin/healthy Crosby. I would have to think long and hard about that. For a player like Nash, I don't know hiw Sather kept himself from laughing hystericly where Howson countered with that.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:36 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Considering the way McDonagh is developing and the fact that he's 1.3 next year and an RFA after that, I'm not 100% sure I would've just traded HIM straight up for Nash and that contract. Call me crazy if you want.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Well I wouldn't necessarily call what we have, "depth." Our "depth" consists of guys who play center but have a very hard time of winning faceoffs, especially crucial ones. I don't know how well Miller is at the faceoff dot, but "depth" at center shouldn't be the reason he is held back if management thinks he can handle the NHL. Move someone to the wing.
Winning face-offs isn't the biggest part of being a center. Why is everyone so focused on that? If having 6 NHL centers on the roster with Stepan, Richards, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Boyle, and Mitchel isn't "depth" at a position, I'm not sure what is. Hell, you can even add Rupp to the mix.

For Miller to earn a meaningful role on the team next season, he has to beat out Dubinsky for the 3rd line center spot. That's a pretty tall order for a 19 year old kid. Having him play on the 4th line would be foolish. Frankly, I think the only way he ends up with a roster spot is if we sign Parise and deal Dubinsky over the summer, leaving the lineup like:

AA - Steps - Gabby
Parise - Richards - Cally
Hagelin - Miller - Kreider
Mitchell/Rupp - Boyle - Prust

That being said, I can't see us relying on two rookies and a 2nd year player to anchor our 3rd line. Love that line 2-3 years from now, but not next year. I also think that if we deal Dubinsky, we'd end up with at least one NHL caliber forward in return.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Pizza

I would be very surprised if when summer comes the Rangers make any where near the offer to CBus that was reportedly made yesterday. I'm more than a little surprised that Sather ultimately offered that combination.....and thoroughly shocked that Howson turned it down.

Knock me over with a feather. Thank God Howson has no idea what he's doing.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Considering the way McDonagh is developing and the fact that he's 1.3 next year and an RFA after that, I'm not 100% sure I would've just traded HIM straight up for Nash and that contract. Call me crazy if you want.
Nope, your not crazy. Not at all.

McDonagh is a guy who will be keeping elite players off the score sheet for a decade and more. That's at least as important to a team as a solid 60/70 point player, imo.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:52 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Deal McDonagh for Nash and his horrible contract? No chance in hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I can't see the Ducks moving Ryan anytime soon. I think it was just a ploy to get the players motivated. Which is a shame, because I think Ryan would be the ideal fit for this team.
I know we've discussed it before, but I just don't see how they can make the playoffs next year with their lack of depth and mediocre blueline. The West is too strong, and I don't really see many teams in the West that are above the Ducks getting worse next year.

They are going to have a lot of cap space, but I don't see them getting any of the big fish out there this summer. What do they do once Visnovsky, Selanne, Blake and Koivu leave? Granted, they all may stay for one more year, but realistically, that'll be about it.

Their prospect pool is top heavy with scoring forwards like Palmieri, Holland, and Etem. They have very little in the way of defense coming up through the pipeline. And of all their big names, I can't imagine trading away Getzlaf or Perry.

They need young defense, and we can provide that in the form of Erixon and/or McIlrath, plus Dubinsky and/or prospects to give them scoring depth upfront.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Elliotte Friedman reported other teams felt Columbus considered the NYR offer/came closet to their request and they still rejected it.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...rade-list.html

Old
02-28-2012, 11:08 AM
turcotte8

George McPhee's facebook wall

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...rade-deadline/

Old
02-28-2012, 11:08 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

Brooks reported that yesterday.

Old
02-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I know we've discussed it before, but I just don't see how they can make the playoffs next year with their lack of depth and mediocre blueline. The West is too strong, and I don't really see many teams in the West that are above the Ducks getting worse next year.

They are going to have a lot of cap space, but I don't see them getting any of the big fish out there this summer. What do they do once Visnovsky, Selanne, Blake and Koivu leave? Granted, they all may stay for one more year, but realistically, that'll be about it.

Their prospect pool is top heavy with scoring forwards like Palmieri, Holland, and Etem. They have very little in the way of defense coming up through the pipeline. And of all their big names, I can't imagine trading away Getzlaf or Perry.

They need young defense, and we can provide that in the form of Erixon and/or McIlrath, plus Dubinsky and/or prospects to give them scoring depth upfront.
They've been doing pretty well since Haagen-Dazs took over, so I think they're going to look to strengthen their roster in free agency. Vishnovsky is locked in for another year, I think Selanne will hang around until he falls apart, and Fowler can't be as bad next year as he's been this year. Plus, they're likely to end up with one of the high-end d-men from the draft to bolster that position. They'll want immediate help, so unless Erixon is NHL ready in their minds, they'll be doing the same thing as Howson and demanding one of McD or Del Zotto.

I dunno. It'll be interesting to see if he comes on the market again. I think if he does, it'll be at the draft to try and undercut Columbus with Rick Nash. "You want Nash? Well we have Nash-lite right over here. Younger, cheaper, right handed, and has no clauses attached. Interested?" There will be a feeding frenzy.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:17 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
After watching the Nash presser, does anyone think the Rangers make another run at Nash at the draft?

Obviously the offering is going to be lower due to better (cheaper?) alternatives but one has to think that if Sather was really willing to offer what has been reported as the offer, he must think that Nash is a player that can help long-term.

I'd wait until after the draft and after 07/01/12 before I made an oveture Columbus way.

Thoughts?

Old
02-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:

I was ok paying what Brooks reported, I'm glad Slats stuck to his guns and held off now. I would have a hard time trading that for Crosby nevermind Nash.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:24 PM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
i agree. just like the contract takes away from nash's value, the contract adds to mcdonagh's value.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:25 PM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
After watching the Nash presser, does anyone think the Rangers make another run at Nash at the draft?

Obviously the offering is going to be lower due to better (cheaper?) alternatives but one has to think that if Sather was really willing to offer what has been reported as the offer, he must think that Nash is a player that can help long-term.

I'd wait until after the draft and after 07/01/12 before I made an oveture Columbus way.

Thoughts?
depends on how the rangers look in the post-season. but i would think not.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
depends on how the rangers look in the post-season. but i would think not.
The scary thing is that the reported price that Sather was willing to pay. If that is offered again, whomever the next GM is in Columbus may not pass it up.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:28 PM
egelband

Quote:
wanted to feel bad for C-Bus fans, but there are quite a few of them that think that the Rangerds offer was garbage.

It's no surprise Howson has a job there, they have no clue how bad a job he is doing cause they are more clueless than Howson is.

that fan base is pathetic.
silly comment. every fan base has good and bad. just cuz they're from a 'small town' doesn't make them dumb.

howson, on the other hand, would appear to have made a big mess of things...

Old
02-28-2012, 12:33 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

If the Rangers don't get Parise, they could look into the Nash thing again.

I like Bobby Ryan, but he's going to cost a lot. imo

Old
02-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Pizza

Quote:

Thoughts?
Sather's offer was a snapshot in time...at least I hope it was. He was a bit too generous, imo.

I'm still thinking that time will prove we don't need Nash and his cap hit. That money will be needed to secure some of our younger talent.

I know people will read this and say "What about Goal Production?"

Valid Concern.

My reply is that we do not know what we have in some of these players yet. If I told you last year that McD and Hags would be playing this well right now, how many would have believed me?

Old
02-28-2012, 12:42 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
The scary thing is that the reported price that Sather was willing to pay. If that is offered again, whomever the next GM is in Columbus may not pass it up.
Very true and you would think that if that was really the offering from Sather, the next GM may not wait for Sather to contact him.

The next GM may reach out to Sather to see if the offer still stands.

we have had our disagreements about the Nash acquisition, but I will be the first to concede that that package was off the charts crazy.

At the draft, my offer is Dubi, Erixon, Thomas and a 2nd.

Not willing to include Miller on any level.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:45 PM
True Blue

Quote:
The next GM may reach out to Sather to see if the offer still stands.
That is a frightening thought.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:46 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

This post-season will be very telling of what direction this team goes in. If Dubi goose-eggs it, you could see him go. If we go deep, you might just see minor tweaks although can't help to think Sather will make a serious go at Parise, even with Kreider most likely coming into the mix. Heck if Kreider joins the team early and prospers, Sather could forego getting Parise and save his money on RFAs. If there is a Rick Nash part X thread, it should reference Howson's hallucinatory trade requests. Dubi, McD/MDZ, Stepan/Hags. Kreider, 1st. I think that would be too much for Malkin let alone Nash. Surely someone has made the same statement.

Closed Thread