HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

2012 Offseason OOT Around the NHL Thread Part 4

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2012, 01:23 AM
  #1
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,299
vCash: 500
2012 Offseason OOT Around the NHL Thread Part 4

Last one was full.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:30 AM
  #2
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,597
vCash: 500
This year is the year. Vancouver is a Steve ott or a player like him away from the cup

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:55 AM
  #3
Auguste Escoffier
Registered User
 
Auguste Escoffier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 5,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
This year is the year. Vancouver is a Steve ott or a player like him away from the cup
Unfortunately, yes. Even without an Ott-type player, the Canucks should be able to win the cup this year.

We saw how hard they played the Wings last week, so we can only imagine how hard they will play in a game 7 for the Stanley Cup finals.

Instead of acquiring another **** disturber, Gillis should trade for a defenseman. After Rome was suspended for his hit on Horton during the finals last year, their defense took a large hit. It is better to be stacked in the backend opposed to loading up on pests, in my opinion.

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:44 AM
  #4
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,929
vCash: 50
It's really quite simple, if Lou plays like the goalie he can be they win the cup.

On another not I mentioned this in the trade thread, but it needs to be put here. What the hell is with 5 games today? The NHL needs to change this and make it an off day. Most monday's only have 2-3 games anyway, but today they go with 5? ****ing morons

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:59 AM
  #5
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,929
vCash: 50
So I read that people want Bishop and that ST drops the ball again. Anyone look at how many goalies Ottawa has gone through the past 5 years? These guys are simply just throwing **** on the wall and hoping it sticks.

Those are Yann Danis numbers and to give up a 2nd is a desparate move in my opinion.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:45 PM
  #6
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade
 
CanadianCommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,566
vCash: 500
I kinda enjoy watching calgary lose. tick tock flames, your time is running out.

CanadianCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:48 PM
  #7
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,597
vCash: 500
No i dont think Kassian is the answer. He could be in a few years, but if you're asking Kassian to be the force against Marchand or Lucic. You are pretty much turning him into a bust product. Too much pressure.

Dont get Pahlsson either. Considering they already have 2 shut down players (Kesler and Malholtra). Plus they lose offensive depth with Cody Hodgson who is breaking out.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:49 PM
  #8
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,770
vCash: 81
This is a potential meme:


Trade for Carter



Score 1 goal

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:51 PM
  #9
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade
 
CanadianCommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
This is a potential meme:


Trade for Carter



Score 1 goal

heh

I would have liked the Kings to win to bury the flames further in the standings, but the avs have opened up a three-point gap for 8th (tied with dallas) over calgary, and calgary lays a turd in the punchbowl against st. louis.

CanadianCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:52 PM
  #10
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
This is a potential meme:


Trade for Carter



Score 1 goal
The Belanger triangle is real



So is the LA Triangle

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:53 PM
  #11
nabob
Hall for captain
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
This year is the year. Vancouver is a Steve ott or a player like him away from the cup
If you cold combine Kassian and Pahlsson you would get Ott.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:10 PM
  #12
Jepprey
Creeper
 
Jepprey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,655
vCash: 500
Both Calgary and Toronto 3 points out. And Toronto is really struggling right now. 2 wins in their last 10. Those two wins against the Oilers, where they said they were contenders after those wins. :/

Edmonton might overtake Montreal in 1 weeks time as well. (Lost 4 straight). They might actually get a chance at Grigorenko.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:49 PM
  #13
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
If you cold combine Kassian and Pahlsson you would get Ott.
No you get a finnish and a canadian player. one with lots of experience and the other with almost none

neither is steve ott.



smart move though. good try.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:18 AM
  #14
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,948
vCash: 500


I'm going to get so much use out of this GIF.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:26 AM
  #15
Wyrm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post


I'm going to get so much use out of this GIF.
What the hell is that? And where did you get this pic?

Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:29 AM
  #16
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
What the hell is that? And where did you get this pic?
Vern Fiddler made fun of Bieksa's "angry face" on Sunday, and it cracked Vigneault right up.


SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:37 AM
  #17
Wyrm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Vern Fiddler made fun of Bieksa's "angry face" on Sunday, and it cracked Vigneault right up.

Did he keep laughing when they blew the lead in the last minute of the game?

Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:08 AM
  #18
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
This year is the year. Vancouver is a Steve ott or a player like him away from the cup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post
Unfortunately, yes. Even without an Ott-type player, the Canucks should be able to win the cup this year.

We saw how hard they played the Wings last week, so we can only imagine how hard they will play in a game 7 for the Stanley Cup finals.

Instead of acquiring another **** disturber, Gillis should trade for a defenseman. After Rome was suspended for his hit on Horton during the finals last year, their defense took a large hit. It is better to be stacked in the backend opposed to loading up on pests, in my opinion.
I don't get all this hype about Vancouver. Is it just because they made the cup final last year? I thought the team had a better chance last year than they do this year.

As Joe said though they can definitely be right back there if they want to but it all depends on how Luongo plays and I don't have confidence that he can show up in big games. He's too much of a headcase.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:45 PM
  #19
Cloned
Sexy Genesis
 
Cloned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 21,744
vCash: 500
I'm really surprised Howson is still GM of the BJs.

The only thing I can think of is that ownership applied pressure on him to go for it last summer despite his protests that it wouldn't work, and now that he's been proven right, they feel guilty as hell.

__________________

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:47 PM
  #20
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
I'm really surprised Howson is still GM of the BJs.

The only thing I can think of is that ownership applied pressure on him to go for it last summer despite his protests that it wouldn't work, and now that he's been proven right, they feel guilty as hell.
Yeah it really is the only thing that makes sense.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:56 PM
  #21
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,929
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
I'm really surprised Howson is still GM of the BJs.

The only thing I can think of is that ownership applied pressure on him to go for it last summer despite his protests that it wouldn't work, and now that he's been proven right, they feel guilty as hell.
Pretty much, but it'll be interesting if ownership changes their tune based on this Nash situation.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 06:17 PM
  #22
Vomiting Kermit*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,562
vCash: 500
2:21 into the game and the Panthers are up 2-0 on Toronto.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
  #23
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I don't get all this hype about Vancouver. Is it just because they made the cup final last year? I thought the team had a better chance last year than they do this year.

As Joe said though they can definitely be right back there if they want to but it all depends on how Luongo plays and I don't have confidence that he can show up in big games. He's too much of a headcase.
You dont get the hype?

They are pretty much the favorites of a lot of reporters and analysts. This is an incredibly deep and well rounded team.

They are really good. Since they didnt get Steve Ott i dunno... but i still think they will make it to the finals at least. TBH, probably win this time. I dont think they will lose 2 in a row.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 06:24 PM
  #24
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,666
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moongoose McQueen View Post
2:21 into the game and the Panthers are up 2-0 on Toronto.
Did you see Burke's presser yesterday? It sounded like he was trying to blame the Leafs struggles on the trade deadline. Apparently because so many people create Leafs rumours his players can't stay focused.

Seemed like a lame excuse to me.

OilerTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 06:28 PM
  #25
Vomiting Kermit*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Did you see Burke's presser yesterday? It sounded like he was trying to blame the Leafs struggles on the trade deadline. Apparently because so many people create Leafs rumours his players can't stay focused.

Seemed like a lame excuse to me.
Yeah he mentioned something about next year having a self-imposed trade deadline that is 10 days earlier than the real one so his team isn't distracted.

Because that's the reason your team is falling quickly right now, Brian...

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.