HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Botta on Chris Kreider (All Kreider discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2012, 01:19 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
More of a Bill Guerin profile (IMO) similar size, skating ability, shot, etc.
Yes, if you increase speed and subtract the physicality

Old
02-28-2012, 01:23 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeShamrock View Post
Are you all crazy. If Kreider is not signed after this season, it is highly unlikely that he will ever be playing for the Rangers. He would just sit for 2 months after graduation and take the opportunity to negotiate with 30 NHL teams, given Rangers are not the perfect fit for "arguably " the #1 NCAA prospect in the country. Rangers lose the player without any compensation. I would bet the house they come after Kreider with "max" signing that the ELC will offer. Or Else "See Ya" . Oh by the way ,no team would ever take him on a trade wioth the same signign risks.
Just so much wrong with this whole paragraph, that I'll just start with the basics...if Kreider for whatever reason did not sign with the Rangers by the August of 2013, they would get the 49th pick in the 2014 draft.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:25 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Edge has called him a more physical Amonte. My opinion is that he's a hybrid of Amonte and Guerin...more skilled and not as mean as Guerin, while not quite as skilled as Amonte, but, more physical, and more determined.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:38 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Edge has called him a more physical Amonte. My opinion is that he's a hybrid of Amonte and Guerin...more skilled and not as mean as Guerin, while not quite as skilled as Amonte, but, more physical, and more determined.
I thought it was a bigger Amonte. Not more physical. I think that his size alone will dictate that will be able to emerge from corners better than Amonte. but I do not think that he will be a battering ram. Like I said, he will be physical in the same manner that Nash is physical. No pancake hits, but using his size to ward off potential checkers. And using his size to win battles.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:59 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeShamrock View Post
Are you all crazy. If Kreider is not signed after this season, it is highly unlikely that he will ever be playing for the Rangers. He would just sit for 2 months after graduation and take the opportunity to negotiate with 30 NHL teams, given Rangers are not the perfect fit for "arguably " the #1 NCAA prospect in the country. Rangers lose the player without any compensation. I would bet the house they come after Kreider with "max" signing that the ELC will offer. Or Else "See Ya" . Oh by the way ,no team would ever take him on a trade wioth the same signign risks.
Is that why columbus was so adamant that he be included in a deal for Nash? Is that why Sather was so adamant in not including him?

Kreider is not a signing risk. The "risk" has been entirely fabricated by fans who can't understand how a kid could be a fan of one team but play professionally for another, despite the fact that thousands of players have done just that over the past 100 years.

The number of players who have refused to sign with the team that drafted them is very, very small. And there have been no indications whatsoever that Kreider has any intention of not signing. Again, that has been entirely fabricated by fans simply because Kreider is a bruins fan.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:07 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Is that why columbus was so adamant that he be included in a deal for Nash? Is that why Sather was so adamant in not including him?

Kreider is not a signing risk. The "risk" has been entirely fabricated by fans who can't understand how a kid could be a fan of one team but play professionally for another, despite the fact that thousands of players have done just that over the past 100 years.

The number of players who have refused to sign with the team that drafted them is very, very small. And there have been no indications whatsoever that Kreider has any intention of not signing. Again, that has been entirely fabricated by fans simply because Kreider is a bruins fan.
JVR playing for Philly is one example.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i dont think ppl realize just how good a kid Kreider is. Not his play, his personality. He's the perfect character kid for this team. the last thing he would do is to hold out on this club. to suggest as much is to show really zero knowledge of this players personality.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:15 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
i dont think ppl realize just how good a kid Kreider is. Not his play, his personality. He's the perfect character kid for this team. the last thing he would do is to hold out on this club. to suggest as much is to show really zero knowledge of this players personality.
It has always been about school for him. I really doubt its about a contract or that he doesnt want to play in ny. Management has done everything to make him feel comfortable and welcomed. Going to watch him play, having him attend the rangers/bruins game, having him hangout with the players after the game. I would find it hard to believe kreider wouldnt want to play in ny after hanging out with guys like boyle, prust, callahan, dubinsky, richards, and the list goes on. It is a professional
sport. Boyle was a Bruins fan. Now he bleeds ranger blue.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Kreider has to play in a game this season to lose 1 year off the 3 year ELC. Sather indicated a player from school in his media session yesterday when he was asked about not making a trade. Someone said you mean college and Sather said I wasn't talking about pre-school and you can't have that young of a team with a pre-schooler. The Rangers don't have another high profile college prospect.
Ummmmm Danny Hobbs?

Old
02-28-2012, 02:32 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
It has always been about school for him. I really doubt its about a contract or that he doesnt want to play in ny. Management has done everything to make him feel comfortable and welcomed. Going to watch him play, having him attend the rangers/bruins game, having him hangout with the players after the game. I would find it hard to believe kreider wouldnt want to play in ny after hanging out with guys like boyle, prust, callahan, dubinsky, richards, and the list goes on. It is a professional
sport. Boyle was a Bruins fan. Now he bleeds ranger blue.
And lets not forget, Kreider played with Stepan and Bourque at the WJC. He and Bourque are close friends. He played with Stepan and Dubinsky at the WC. He's played against Stepan and McDonagh in the national championship game 2 years ago.

He spent time skating with the Rangers this summer. He attended the Rangers/Boston game and did an interview with Gianone. What player is going to do that and then refuse to sign? Makes no sense.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:33 PM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
To be fair Guerin did win the fastest skater competition one year if I remember correctly. He was much faster than he looked. Kreider may be even faster but it is probably pretty close, though you are certainly right regarding the increased physicality.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:37 PM
The Sweetness

Quote:
True, he isn't a rotten egg like Erixon....

Old
02-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
may I ask how you have such insight into his personality?

Old
02-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Blueshirt Believer

I think another point people seem to forget is that if Kreider is unsigned the Bruins can't simply attain him as a free agent. Kreider would go back into the draft in which he would probably be taken as a top ten(maybe a top 5 considering he is further along in his development).

The Bruins would have to trade up considerably to get him in the draft. All in all, it just doesn't make any sense on any level.

If Kreider wants to be a Bruin(which I don't think he overwhelmingly does), he would finish his ETC with the Rangers, and then sign as FA with Bruins in a few years.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I think another point people seem to forget is that if Kreider is unsigned the Bruins can't simply attain him as a free agent. Kreider would go back into the draft in which he would probably be taken as a top ten(maybe a top 5 considering he is further along in his development).

The Bruins would have to trade up considerably to get him in the draft. All in all, it just doesn't make any sense on any level.

If Kreider wants to be a Bruin(which I don't think he overwhelmingly does), he would finish his ETC with the Rangers, and then sign as FA with Bruins in a few years.
He wouldn't go back in the draft. He would be a free agent.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

I'm a little in the dark here I guess. May I ask where all this "Kreider doesn't want to be a Ranger and wants to be a Bruin" speculation stems from? Are people saying this solely because Kreider is from Massachusetts?

Old
02-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

there is so much fail in this thread.

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I'm a little in the dark here I guess. May I ask where all this "Kreider doesn't want to be a Ranger and wants to be a Bruin" speculation stems from? Are people saying this solely because Kreider is from Massachusetts?
Yep. And because he goes to BC, and was happy when the Broons won the Cup. They really need to calm down with all this Kreider to Boston talk.

Old
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
During the playoffs last year, Kreider was going bonkers on Twitter about the Bruins. People think because a Boston kid who grew up watching the Bruins and is at Boston College, roots for the Bruins, while not signed as a Ranger, let alone an NHL player yet, he is uncommitted

Old
02-28-2012, 02:58 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Not true. If Kreider is unsigned by August 15th, 2013, he will be UFA. He will be too old to go back into the draft. It's not the same situation as Erixon. Calgary only had 2 years with Erixon because he was drafted out of Sweden. With NCAA players, teams have until August 15th of the year of the player's graduating class. For Kreider, that is 2013.

Quote:
Once his ELC is done, he will still be RFA. Boston would have to give him an offer sheet, Kreider sign it, and the Rangers not match. Otherwise, Kreider will not be UFA until he is 27 (excepting if he doesn't sign with us by August 15th, 2013, or he goes to arbitration and we walk away from the award, a la Zherdev).

Old
02-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
He wouldn't go back in the draft. He would be a free agent.
Can you please elaborate? I would assume the situation would be the same with what happend to Tim Erixon with Calgary. If Erixon didn't sign with Calgary, he was going back into the draft(since all new players have to sign a ETC). Instead Calgary decided to trade his rights to the Rangers.

I am not saying your wrong, I am just asking how the situation is different.

NM, the poster above answered my question. Thank you.

Old
02-28-2012, 03:02 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
He's not going to play on an ATO without first signing an NHL contract. If he gets hurt, he could end up with nothing.

I still have a hard time believing that Torts would be on board with a move like this, but if it happens, great. I'm anxious to see him play against NHL competition.
I understand your point but don't tons of players take ATOs before contracts or am I mistaken? I know McIlrath signed last year in March so he had one before doing the ATO in Hartford.

Old
02-28-2012, 03:04 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Chris Kreider ‏ @ChrisKreider
At game 7. Wish @MJH_44 was here with me. Let's go B's.

This is where it all started.

It was followed by him being assaulted by angry Ranger fans, to which he replied amiably. Clearly he intends to sign with Boston.

@MikeRiz09 just taking advantage of rooting for my hometown team while I still can haha

@wskebey. Good-luck Rangers thong under the shorts. Always.

Apologies for the "Go B's" tweet. Just want to see the city of Boston happy. Rangers first and foremost. #empirestateofmind

RANGERS =
Old
02-28-2012, 03:08 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
100% accurate.

Old
02-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
Lol he definitely didn't need to apologize. I don't care if he roots for the Bruins over the Rangers right now. As long as he plays with us and actually tries when he plays against the Bruins, I don't care who he roots for.