HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Call up Zuccarello (RECALLED - 3/11)

Old
02-25-2012, 03:05 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Proposal: Can't there be a limit on this same thread over and over and over again?
Not as long as Norway is still connected to the internet.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:20 PM
KenGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Not as long as Norway is still connected to the internet.

Well, look at those starting the threads. Those are not norwegians

We have all giving up on him getting back for the Rangers. He might be part of the Nash trade (including Dubinsky,Erixon) or else he is back with MODO this fall.
Or he could be a housemaid at Mr Atoz`s house.

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:29 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
Well, look at those starting the threads. Those are not norwegians

We have all giving up on him getting back for the Rangers. He might be part of the Nash trade (including Dubinsky,Erixon) or else he is back with MODO this fall.
Or he could be a housemaid at Mr Atoz`s house.
Oh come on, it was clearly a joke.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:08 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
We need to move on past this. Zuccarello won't be a ranger again. He's a free agent after this year so they may try to deal him and get a pick back but just like Sean Avery the shipped on Zuccs has sailed.
most sites have him listed as a RFA so we retain his rights unless we don't qualify him or resign him which i guess is what you are implying but is still far from a definite or absolute. i think MZA has more value in a trade than in our lineup. He strikes me someone who needs to be put in a top 6 role to succeed and definitely has the skill to do so (see PA Parenteau) but again, won't get that chance because unlike Hagelin, he doesn't have the tools to work his way up from the bottom of the lineup to get there.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:42 PM
YetAnotherNorwegian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Proposal: Can't there be a limit on this same thread over and over and over again?
This.

I never thought I'd get tired about Mats, but Jesus CHRIST this is getting old. He will never play for this club again, so pretty please.. with sugar on top, trade him. I'd love for him to be a Ranger, but it won't happen. As long as his next stop isn't in Boston or Philly, I really don't care where he ends up.

YetAnotherNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:04 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Question...if MZA does go in the deal for Nash, would the HF Blue Jacket board double in numbers of posters overnight?

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Unless he grows a few inches and puts on a few pounds of muscle I don't see him back any time soon..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:31 PM
KenGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Question...if MZA does go in the deal for Nash, would the HF Blue Jacket board double in numbers of posters overnight?

No, its not so much fun to bother people in Columbus. We dont even know where Columbus is.

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:30 PM
NickyFotiu

I may be Mats biggest fan but I have never stepped a foot in Norway. I was born in Brooklyn. Ive been a Rangers fan for around 35 years.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:02 PM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Blue Jacket? Isn`t that som soldiers from the civil war? Do they have a board?

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

MZA saga

They didnt trade him,they dont recall him, they dont speak of him, we dont really know anything what this organisation want from him. The fact that he wasnt traded, was it lack of interest or didnt they want to trade him? Do they still have plans for him? If they do we`d expect to see a recall as soon as one of the top 9 forwards become injured?
He plays really well in Hartford and desrves another shot in many`s opinion. He has definately matured and improved his game this season.

Slayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
I believe he is going to be the next call up if there is an injury in the top 9. That is the only way we will see him in the NHL this year imo

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Its not a saga whatsoever.

Its pretty cut and dry - he does not fit the style and identity of this team, and there was obviously little to no interest league-wide. Hes got some offensive talent, but hes undersized and slow. Dont know if hes a full-time NHL'er.

Smart money is him heading back to Europe.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:33 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
He's a good kid, he works hard, he might be a good fit for a bottom feeder who can use him in the top six.

We have no use for him in our lineup. Let him help CT, qualify him and then trade him.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

23 points in 42 games last year (40-45 point pace) with average TOI being 14 minutes/game in his first season in NA. I don't know how anyone could say he's not an NHL calibre player when he was given half a season to prove it, and produced pretty good numbers in that half a season. He is head and shoulders above Prust and Boyle offensively and should be on the 3rd line here. He may not be great defensively, but we have guys who could make up for it.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:41 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

If there was interest, Sather would've traded him. You guys make like Slats has it in for him or something. For better or worse Torts feels he's not a good fit for his system, the system that has kept us hovering in 1st in the East.

Maybe Sather wanted the depth come playoff time? I really find it hard to believe Kreider won't get the call if it looks like he's revved up to jump into playoff hockey.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:44 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Its not a saga whatsoever.

Its pretty cut and dry - he does not fit the style and identity of this team, and there was obviously little to no interest league-wide. Hes got some offensive talent, but hes undersized and slow. Dont know if hes a full-time NHL'er.

Smart money is him heading back to Europe.
I personally have mot seen any legitimate proof that MZA was even made available. I have seen career ahl players get traded for draft picks. I have no doubt a NHL team (probably several) will be interested in MZA once he is available. His point per minute numbers as a rookie last season plus his ahl numbers this season will create some interest. Plus there were multiple teams interested before we signed him. More likely is that the NY Rangers are smart enough to play it safe and keep him in case a forward or two get injured before the playoffs.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Obviously little to no interest league wide? I have seen absolutely no proof that MZA was even made available. I have seen career ahl players get traded for draft picks. I have no doubt a NHL team (probably several) will be interested in MZA once he is available. More likely is that the NY Rangers are smart enough to play it safe and keep him in case a forward or two get injured before the playoffs.
This is my feeling too. I think they see his potential but chose to have him play in the minors this year for several reasons. Torts obviously didnt think he was ready after those 3-4 games. You guys that regularly sees him in Hartford can you chime in with your 2 cents about improvements etc..? Its kind of hard to tell from glimses in YT videos.

Slayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:15 PM
TigerJack

There was obisously no interest in him at deadline. Or else he would have been traded for some picks, I´m sure. He´ll just have to keep working hard for the Whale the rest of the season and in the playoffs, and his luck might change this summer. My gut say he will be rewarded for his long time struggle. I think he can be a late bloomer for a team that´s rebuilding. His story at Broadway has unfortunately come to an end.

Reports say he played another good game today. Scored Whale´s only goal in regulation, and scored in the shooutout where he is 3/3 this season...

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Vitto79

if someone gets hurt in the top 6 I think they have to call up Zuke

Not sure why everyone is so down on the guy. is he not tearing it up in the minors?

I would quailify him for sure and he would be fine with that if he gets a call now

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:36 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
There was obisously no interest in him at deadline. Or else he would have been traded for some picks, I´m sure. He´ll just have to keep working hard for the Whale the rest of the season and in the playoffs, and his luck might change this summer. My gut say he will be rewarded for his long time struggle. I think he can be a late bloomer for a team that´s rebuilding. His story at Broadway has unfortunately come to an end.

Reports say he played another good game today. Scored Whale´s only goal in regulation, and scored in the shooutout where he is 3/3 this season...

That is definitely not a given in my opinion.We did not hear any proven report by a legit source that MZA was being offered to anyone. There are guys that are career minor leaguers that get traded for picks or other players. If Slats really wanted to trade MZA I have no doubt he could have done so. We already traded WW and my guess is Slats wanted to play it safe. What use is another 3rd-6th round pick if 2 Rangers go down and we got rid of our best offensive replacement?

Old
02-28-2012, 03:38 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
if someone gets hurt in the top 6 I think they have to call up Zuke

Not sure why everyone is so down on the guy. is he not tearing it up in the minors?

I would quailify him for sure and he would be fine with that if he gets a call now
In my opinion we need more firepower and creativity. I would make a 3rd line of Duby-Boyle-MZA next game. Prust (who is one of my favorite players) would be better suited on the 4th line and killing penalties.

Old
02-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
In my opinion we need more firepower and creativity. I would make a 3rd line of Duby-Boyle-MZA next game. Prust (who is one of my favorite players) would be better suited on the 4th line and killing penalties.
The thing is Torts likes playing Boyles line as a defensive stopper. So vs. the other teams top line. Yea we could use more offense but its working pretty well as is.

I do want Zuke to play but I think he has to play with Richards and Callahan if he comes up........Hagelin is also a great Defensive player so maybe put him on a 3rd line for scoring

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:49 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
No...Wolski wasn't even playing...
correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
I'd like MZA to get moved so I can finally stop hearing about him.
even more correct....

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
We need to move on past this. Zuccarello won't be a ranger again. He's a free agent after this year so they may try to deal him and get a pick back but just like Sean Avery the shipped on Zuccs has sailed.
ding ding ding.......

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:55 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
If there was interest, Sather would've traded him. You guys make like Slats has it in for him or something.
I for one think he could have been traded, but the return would have been of so little value that he's worth more if he can help the Whale in the playoffs.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote