HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Joel Lundqvist

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Rover*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos
Lundqvist seems to be fine playing without his twin.
Yes but by harnessing the power of his twin, lundqvist would have even better stats right now.

Old
01-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover
Yes but by harnessing the power of his twin, lundqvist would have even better stats right now.
What are they memebers of The Superfriends?

Old
01-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Rover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
What are they memebers of The Superfriends?
Yes, because just as some twins can finish each other's sentences and know what the other is thinking at times.....henrik would be able to tell where his brother is going on the ice, whether he'll finish his check or miss it.....thus henrik would be able to position himself better and play the angles better, which in turn would result in better stats for lundqvist.

Old
01-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Tyutin.
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease29
Prucha.
Definitely not.

Both of those guys, as well as everyone else on the team, aside from the 2 I mentioned, need to continue to work hard and prove they belong where they are now. That includes during next year's training camp.

Old
01-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Ola

Joel Lundqvist is only a option if Moore is moved, up or out.

I am a big fan of J. Lundqvist. He is a Swedish Jed Ortmayer, plays like him too and as talented. I like Moore too and he have more potential then Joel without a doubt, but a line with Hollweg-Joel L.-Ortmayer would be something.

Joel is not very talented, though he is really smart and recognizes his team's needs on the ice really well. He is not overly physical on the ice on a shift by shift basis, kind of like Jed in the NHL, but he if needed he'll run players all over the ice like Hollweg. Joel broke into the SEL on a kid line, and they had instant success. The biggest reason for that where the way they moved the puck. I was really impressed by that, smart long simple passes along the boards. Always gooing hard to the net at the right time ect. Joel also have a solid wrist shot, defenitly better in that department then Ward/Orts and co.

I would be really excited if we got Joel. There is a little Craig MacT over him... Though I am not sure how realistic it is to expect us to sign him if he becomes a UFA, with Moore on the team and Immonen in the ranks...

Old
01-28-2006, 08:05 PM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Yeah he's a keeper and he's always hurt.

Singin, true, he's probably the equivalent to Dom Moore but again, he can play in Hartford. Again, this is a move to support Lundqvist and i'm sure would translate onto the ice.

If we had him (Lundqvist) perhaps hes filling in for Betts...

Old
01-28-2006, 09:26 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph
If we had him (Lundqvist) perhaps hes filling in for Betts...

If Lundqvist still belongs to the Stars, I wont be shocked if Sather trades for him, say maybe Arnott and Lundqvist or something. If he is an UFA, I bet we will sign him after the season, he has to go through waivers.

Old
01-30-2006, 04:31 AM
Seiza

Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
I am a big fan of Joel although he plays for a rival team. He's a fan favourite and a real treat to watch. Loads of energy and quite physical as well, a real team player. Not sure where he would end up on the Ranger's depth chart, but he's a solid player for sure.

I think Dallas is pretty deep on two-way centers, so he should be easy to acquire in a trade.

Closed Thread