HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New( I think ) goalie rumor ( it wont stop)

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2006, 09:11 AM
ppil

vCash: 500
New( I think ) goalie rumor ( it wont stop)

Took this on spector's trade rumor:

"There's "plenty of talk in Minny" that Wild goalie Manny Fernandez won't re-sign with the club and instead expects to become the Montreal Canadiens number one goalie. Garrioch believes he'd be a "nice fit" for the Habs should they trade Jose Theodore, although they'd prefer Roberto Luongo."

I don't see how Theo can be movable so i don't really trust this rumor, but Manny Fernandez seem to be doing well so it would be cool if he would like to play here.

Old
01-29-2006, 09:22 AM
felixd

That rumor is probably one of the least credible I've ever seen. Fernandez "expects" he'll be the habs number 1 soon? How? The Wild sure aren't going to let go of him.

What interested me in the rumors though was that apparently Gainey would "love to have Tyler Arnason". Now last week Yvon Pedneault said that Gainey was not interested at all in Arnason. What is going on here?

Old
01-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Artyukhin*

manny was with the dallas stars at one time so who knows
my arms are wide open if he wants to come here . he pretty solid and he will come much cheaper that 6 million per season which will allow us to presue some offensive talents ( guyys who will shoot ) the puck .

Old
01-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
For the record, the rumour comes from Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, and his rumours have just as bad - if not worse - a track record than Eklund's in terms of coming to pass. Spector basically trashes the suggestion, and dismisses it as a fantasy.

Old
01-29-2006, 09:53 AM
deandebean

It's incredible. Is there a team with which the Habs haven't been matched in all the rumors?

Old
01-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
It's incredible. Is there a team with which the Habs haven't been matched in all the rumors?

that is going to happen when gainey has said

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we'll listen to any teams that want to talk to us about trades. In the position we're in, we're open to any possibilities,"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old
01-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Kruky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
For the record, the rumour comes from Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, and his rumours have just as bad - if not worse - a track record than Eklund's in terms of coming to pass. Spector basically trashes the suggestion, and dismisses it as a fantasy.

Agreed, Garrioch advocated that Bonk would get traded every weekend for the past 6 years until he finaly got traded in the off season. He's got to be the worst journalist following a Canadian team.

Old
01-29-2006, 10:29 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil
Took this on spector's trade rumor:

"There's "plenty of talk in Minny" that Wild goalie Manny Fernandez won't re-sign with the club and instead expects to become the Montreal Canadiens number one goalie. Garrioch believes he'd be a "nice fit" for the Habs should they trade Jose Theodore, although they'd prefer Roberto Luongo."

I don't see how Theo can be movable so i don't really trust this rumor, but Manny Fernandez seem to be doing well so it would be cool if he would like to play here.
BG and Doug Riseborough...could something be up...old buddies trying to help each other out???

Old
01-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Natural Habs Fan

Their job is to create rumours to keep people interested in reading. Once in a while a prediction comes true.

Old
01-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
BG and Doug Riseborough...could something be up...old buddies trying to help each other out???
as a gm you don't try to help out other people. you try to help our your team.

Old
01-29-2006, 12:34 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
False ... when Houle was there , he send Roy to his buddy Lacroix to help his team . You don't seriuosly think that he made this trade to help the Habs ...

Old
01-29-2006, 12:52 PM
goalchenyuk

About rumour , i saw in different places , that there is a rumour about Samsonov and Raycroft for Arnasson and Bell .

I hope that Gainey is going to move fast , if it's true , because Bell is a player that would be a perfect fit for us , and seems that heMs not going to cost so much to the Bruins.

Old
01-29-2006, 01:32 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
Last season, Sather sent Nedved to the Oilers for a pick, then promptly paid Nedved's salary the rest of the year...So I think it's safe to say that if these guys are buddies that things like this happen. All I am thinking is that BG and DR could engineer a trade that could help each other out...

Old
01-29-2006, 01:44 PM
phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
What interested me in the rumors though was that apparently Gainey would "love to have Tyler Arnason". Now last week Yvon Pedneault said that Gainey was not interested at all in Arnason. What is going on here?
well on one side we have Gainey taking a look at Arnason and on the other side we have Pedneault who's talking giberish again

Old
01-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Anthony P

Again, there wont be a goalie move at all this season or for the next 2 years.... no way anyone wants to take on Theo's salary.... GM's across the league don't want him.... they're not stupid, they know Theo has been overrated in his career since day 1!

Old
01-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Sounds far fetched but I wouldn't mind Manny in here next season

Old
01-29-2006, 05:54 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I would not be all that interested in having Fernandez. From what has been said about him, that he is very confrontational and can be an *** in the room, I do not think that is what the Habs need right now.

Old
01-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf
I would not be all that interested in having Fernandez. From what has been said about him, that he is very confrontational and can be an *** in the room, I do not think that is what the Habs need right now.

gainey and carbo would know what manny is like .

carbo played from 1996 - 2000 in dallas and would have been in the " room " .hopefully some of carbo's fans will desire to play for him here in montreal( fingers crossed)

from what i heard is he is rather quite and like's to keep to himself for whats it worth and wants to be the uncontested number #1 guy .

sorta reminds me of a manny legace situation in detriot over the years . he got stuck in behind good goalies and really never was givin the number one role until this season .

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 01-29-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old
01-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Habsfool

Is Jaques Lemaire the Manny fernadez's uncle

Old
01-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Teufelsdreck

One thing for sure: Fernandez would be a lot easier on the salary cap for the next few years. That would leave more money for a Dman and a power forward. And if Huet decises to return to France after this season, Danis could be the backup and would play more games than if the Habs still had Théo.

Old
01-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

vCash: 50
Hi guys, Oilers fan here... something especially odd happened in our game tonight. Jason Smith played the first 2 periods, then did one of those intermission interviews in which he looked fine. He came out to play the third, but didn't take a shift. When our color guy gave us an update, all he said was Jason left the bench and took off his equipment and won't return. Usually they say something (flu, upper body injury etc.)

The flu is going around our dressing room, but it seems unlikely that he would play at all if he was sick since we have 8 defencemen on our roster.

Since Theo to Edmonton has been a very hot rumor with several sources suggesting it, I was wondering if anyone here has heard anything.

Please keep in mind I'm not offering Smith for Theodore, or suggesting it's a fair trade, just looking for answers.

Thanks!

Old
01-30-2006, 05:14 AM
SUOMI

Didn't hear about that but Jason Smith would be a good fit for montreal, for sure!! He wouldn't fetch Theo though. Not alone.

Old
01-30-2006, 05:18 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Fernandez's mental game has been question many times before. Once things start going bad or when games get big, Fernandez has been known to drop the ball.

With a resume like that, it should always ring the alarm bells especially in a market like montreal where goalies that are mentally average or mentally weak will be eaten up.

Old
01-30-2006, 07:00 AM
NoKtUrN

This is not something I would like but it could work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUOMI
Didn't hear about that but Jason Smith would be a good fit for montreal, for sure!! He wouldn't fetch Theo though. Not alone.
Since Jason Smith is probably not enough to make us Trade Theo, maybe Peca is the other guy comming our way. I know he has been strugling this year but we are lacking leadership and he might help in that department. Not saying this is what I want to happen, just saying it might be a possibility.

Closed Thread