HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Burke on PTS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2012, 03:20 PM
  #1
ATG
Registered User
 
ATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country:
Posts: 9,552
vCash: 500
Brian Burke on PTS

Burke will be on at 5:25

ATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:41 PM
  #2
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,315
vCash: 500
Just had a press conference and right back to it. For a guy with so many issues with the Toronto media he sure chats with them often.

Do wonder what the point is though. Can't be that much that wasn't asked yesterday.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:44 PM
  #3
The Messenger
Registered User
 
The Messenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,128
vCash: 500
Maybe they asked and he is accommodating them. Say what you want about Burke but he does treat all the media outlets equally.

The Messenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:49 PM
  #4
BudMaster17
Gap Inspector
 
BudMaster17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Greece
Posts: 1,030
vCash: 500
What a surprise...NOT, the mouth of the south has not stop talking since he has got here. In the words of Led Zeppelin... Ramble On... Big Mouth... Ramble On

BudMaster17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:57 PM
  #5
JackJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,473
vCash: 500
Thanks for the heads up.

PTS link -> http://player.rogersradio.ca/cjcl/

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:02 PM
  #6
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMaster17 View Post
What a surprise...NOT, the mouth of the south has not stop talking since he has got here. In the words of Led Zeppelin... Ramble On... Big Mouth... Ramble On
It isn't like he is calling for these interviews to occur. He is showing up to demands, how can you be mad at a guy who doesn't hide in his office?

You guys just whine about absolutely nothing.

While your head is exploring your inner crevices, I hope you find those peanuts you ate last night.

NikolaiTesla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:08 PM
  #7
bluebarry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolaiTesla View Post
It isn't like he is calling for these interviews to occur. He is showing up to demands, how can you be mad at a guy who doesn't hide in his office?

You guys just whine about absolutely nothing.

While your head is exploring your inner crevices, I hope you find those peanuts you ate last night.


found one

bluebarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:09 PM
  #8
KingBuzzo
A custom title.
 
KingBuzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMaster17 View Post
What a surprise...NOT, the mouth of the south has not stop talking since he has got here. In the words of Led Zeppelin... Ramble On... Big Mouth... Ramble On
Ramble on, indeed. As per usual.

KingBuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:19 PM
  #9
binop7
Registered User
 
binop7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,971
vCash: 500
I'll post a recap as soon as he's done. It's on SNet East right now.

binop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:27 PM
  #10
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,805
vCash: 500
Actually I'm not so sure he shows up on demand. He rarely comes out of his cave during controversial times. He was nowhere to answer to the teams struggles recently. He's here now because reporters are distracted with the trade deadline and all.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:30 PM
  #11
JGardiner51
Registered User
 
JGardiner51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Leafs Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
he says the same **** each time

JGardiner51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:31 PM
  #12
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Actually I'm not so sure he shows up on demand. He rarely comes out of his cave during controversial times. He was nowhere to answer to the teams struggles recently. He's here now because reporters are distracted with the trade deadline and all.
True, enough. Was quick to reply to all the twitter questions when the team was playing great. Then it's a blackout during the dark times. If the team can recover from it's terrible play then we'll see more of him in interviews. If it continues to fall apart then probably less so.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:35 PM
  #13
bluebarry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGardiner51 View Post
he says the same **** each time
same old questions same old answers

btw questions come first is case you're looking at who you should be bit ching at

bluebarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:35 PM
  #14
goguls
Registered User
 
goguls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Markham, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
4 first round draft picks! HFers wet dream

goguls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:36 PM
  #15
Soul Vibe Funk
Registered User
 
Soul Vibe Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Burke said he was offered 4 1st round picks. what the!!??

Soul Vibe Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:38 PM
  #16
JackJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,473
vCash: 500
That four first round picks comment is complete nonsense. It's a poor attempt to instill confidence from the GM to the current team that he actually has faith in their ability. Ditto to the supposed Reimer deal he mentioned yesterday. It's all PR.

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:40 PM
  #17
Beleafer4
Registered User
 
Beleafer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Vibe Funk View Post
Burke said he was offered 4 1st round picks. what the!!??
1 for mac
1 for schenn
1 for grabbo
1 for kulie

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:40 PM
  #18
The Messenger
Registered User
 
The Messenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Actually I'm not so sure he shows up on demand. He rarely comes out of his cave during controversial times. He was nowhere to answer to the teams struggles recently. He's here now because reporters are distracted with the trade deadline and all.
What, he was on TSN radio (1050) just last week. I am sure this is just a courtesy to Sportsnet (590) so it's even steven.

Seems to me every two months or so Burke does the rounds of all the radio outlets.

For the life of me we are all hockey fans, I don't know why everyone complains all the time about a GM who will at least talk to the media.

I am sure if Burke went radio silent posters would still complain.

The Messenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:41 PM
  #19
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
True, enough. Was quick to reply to all the twitter questions when the team was playing great. Then it's a blackout during the dark times. If the team can recover from it's terrible play then we'll see more of him in interviews. If it continues to fall apart then probably less so.
"None of your business" is his favorite remark now.

I like Burke. Always have. Its good to put the media in their place. I agree with his stance on the reporter who asked Reimer's Mom about his health, but he needs to learn to take critisicm better. Some things he has absolutely no answers for, like why this team isn't trucculent enough, or what happens to coaching when Wilson doesn't take this team to the playoffs yet again, for which 'None of your business' isn't going to cut it. Not for me at least.

What is his plan? Does anyone really know? I can tell you a lot of contradictory things he says at times.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:42 PM
  #20
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post
What, he was on TSN radio (1050) just last week. I am sure this is just a courtesy to Sportsnet (590) so it's even steven.

Seems to me every two months or so Burke does the rounds of all the radio outlets.

For the life of me we are all hockey fans, I don't know why everyone complains all the time about a GM who will at least talk to the media.

I am sure if Burke went radio silent posters would still complain.
I love the fact he's so available. I'm skepticle about when he's always available.

And its not him who arranges interviews, its what the PR department is for.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:43 PM
  #21
vezna*
Canada's Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8,666
vCash: 500
Cox's balls (lol) disappears when he talks to Burke. why didn't he tell Burke to trade Kessel for Nash

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:45 PM
  #22
The Messenger
Registered User
 
The Messenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I love the fact he's so available. I'm skepticle about when he's always available.
Like I said I think he does the rounds every two months, rain or shine. Watch the next one I bet the FAN goes first them 1050. And everyone will complain again about the second interview.

The Messenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:46 PM
  #23
sangreale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
That four first round picks comment is complete nonsense. It's a poor attempt to instill confidence from the GM to the current team that he actually has faith in their ability. Ditto to the supposed Reimer deal he mentioned yesterday. It's all PR.
Interesting. You just called Burke a liar. If Burke turned out to be telling the truth and I called you a name, would you PM a mod?

sangreale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:47 PM
  #24
wichitaleafs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Some if you guys are tools. He doesn't have too bad a track record and he gets flamed all the time.

wichitaleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:47 PM
  #25
david999
Registered User
 
david999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
Cox's balls (lol) disappears when he talks to Burke. why didn't he tell Burke to trade Kessel for Nash
This is so true. Bob Mcowen is even more balless when he actually gets to talk to people he criticizes.

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.